34 Better Than A Drama

"Mr" Right

After a whole week at work, it was finally the weekends. Don't get me wrong, i still love my job, but waking up at 7am everyday and ending work at 7pm is just pure tiredness. 

It was a saturday morning, and i decided to go for a jog, something i haven't been doing since i started work and i can literally feel the fats accumulating around my tummy area. I shook my head at the image i saw in the mirror and decided that i should not give anymore excuses. And so, i put on my sportsbra, jogging sweatshirt and pants, grabbed my waterbottle, headphones (i will die without them) and wore my rather worn out sports shoes and off i went. 

Just like my mood, the sky was rather gloomy and grey clouds could be seen hovering in the sky. I decide to look straight and jog with my hoodie up, ignoring the fact that i was running away from home and rain was coming. And just as expected, a few drops landed on my waterbottle and the drops got bigger. I slowed down my jogging and ultimately stopped. I looked up at the sky as droplets landed on my face. One.. Two.. Three.. I roughly counted as the drops touched my bare, just woken up face. It was really refreshing and it washes my mind of things that was crowding it - like Kai and Sehun. 

After standing there for a few seconds, the rain suddenly got harder and i had to seek for a shelter. But i wasn't in a hurry like the other people on the road as i had my sweatsuit covering almost all of me. but nonetheless, i still needed to find a shelter quick for the rain was getting heavier and heavier. 

Did i mention that was a rather big fan of korean dramas? Probably one of the reasons for wanting to study long term in korea. In most korean dramas, in the scene where the girl is stuck in the rain, the guy would miraculously pop out of nowhere with an umbrella and the original soundtrack would play.. Some part of me wished that would happen to me now (because i was really getting quite wet and cold), but then again, it was only a drama

I finally found a shelter that wasn't packed with people at a closed convenience store. With my hoodie still up, i checked my surrounding area for any signs of where was i because i just ran blindly in search for a shelter. Relieved to see signs of directions, i started to direct my focus on patting myself dry. While doing so, i looked at the left and right side of me and found that there was no one else except another man wearing all black - black hoodie, black sweatpants and a pair of running shoes. Must be out exercising like me and got stuck in the rain.. I thought. 

I patted my sleeves first, then the front part of my body. I then removed my hoodie, revealing my messy ponytail and makeup free face - something i was not proud and have confidence of. I was pushing away the hair from my face when suddenly, i felt someone removing my hairtie. Shocked, i turned to see the crown of the black hood. 

"What are you doing?" I asked loudly at the mysterious guy, as in his hands where my hairtie and now my hair is hanging loosely around my chest area.

Just then, the man in black looked up and for a moment, i thought i was in a korean drama. It was Kai! 

"You look nicer like this." He said casually and wore the hairtie around his wrist, tugging his hands into his sweatpants and looked at me smiling. 

For a moment, i was stuck looking at him. His partially wet hair, prefectly shaped face and smile. I didn't mind the rainwater splashing in and hitting my hair, making it a little wet. I didn't mind feeling cold. I didn't mind looking at his smile the whole day. But then, i snapped out of my thoughts. 

"How did you end up here?" I asked. 

Kai only looked at me from head to toe and back at my eyes and said, "Same reason as you." 

We just laughed togther and i shook my head in disbelief at our coincidence. Just then, a gust of wind blew pass me and i shivered visibly, noting that it was because i was only wearing a sportsbra underneath my wet sweatsuit. I mentally cursed myself and pulled my sleeves lower so it covers my fingers and rubbed my arms. Just as i was about to turn to start ask Kai when did he think the rain would stop, a blanket of warmth covered me.

Kai removed his black hoodie and placed it over my shoulders. I looked at him and noticed that he was only wearing a white shirt underneath. 

I shook my head and said, "I'm ok, you will get a cold like this. I dont think the rain will stop anytime soon either." And i moved my hands over to give him back his jacket, but i was stopped by him. Instead, Kai moved my arms and placed them through the sleeves of his jacket and zipped it all the way up to my chin. 

Now, i looked like a live dumpling, and only my nose and eyes could be see. 

Kai messied up my hair and said, "Cute." And tugged his arms into his sweatpants. The rain didn't get weaker and the two of us stood there for a long time. The rainwater splashed in every now and then, and from time to time, i turned my head to look at Kai. His white shirt was partially wet by now, sticking to his perfectly shaped chocolate abs, but more than that, i noticed him shivering and his teeth chattering whenever wind blew pass us. 

Many of times, i would try to remove his jacket to give it back to him, but i would see him throwing me laser beams from his eyes and i automatically lower my hands to the side and hung my head low. In the end, i stood nearer to him and where the wind blew from, trying to block at much wind as possible. 

Finally, after about an hour or so, the rain finally returned to drizzling condition. I smiled and turned to look at Kai whose lips looked a little pale, but was also smililng at me. I quickly removed his jacket and wore it on him and zipped up all the way until his chin too. While i was doing it, Kai was looking at me. He raised his hands and my messy hair while i just smiled at him. 

"Let's go now before the rain comes back." I said and i turned to walk home, together with Kai.

- - -

Upon reaching home, Kai entered his apartment and was greeted by D.O. 

"Yah! You were stuck in the rain just now?" D.O asked, looking at the shivering Kai.

Kai didn't say anything but nodded and walked like a penguin into his room. 

After taking a hot shower, Kai felt better and crawled to bed to rest and he felt a fever approaching. 

D.O knocked on the door and opened it. He shook his head when he saw a lump under the blanket not moving. 

"This Kai.. always so tired after exercising. Tsk. Lousy stamina." D.O said to himself and closed the door quietly. 

But little did he know, Kai was starting to run a high fever and he was frowning and shivering at the same time. 

 

A/N: Just 0.1% of KaiDO moments, any shippers? Haha. Sorry for the really y updates recently, having a writer's block.. i see that my number of views for each chapter is dropping so badly :( I will try to make it more interesting, but this being my first fanfic, i hope you guys can understand! :)

Another thing is that i made a blog recently to blog about my personal life and stuff, so if you guys are interested, here is the link: palmtreesandshades.blogspot.com  ^^ Cheers and have a great day ahead!