53 Meetup

"Mr" Right

The next few days were, well, all spent lying in bed with mum feeding me like a baby. 

"Mum, i'm fine, i can eat myself. Look!" I said and tried to lift the spoon up myself, but was slapped on the hand by my mum. 

"Ouch!" I said, rubbing my hands. 

Mum didn't say anything but continued feeding me. I guess she felt really guilty for overlooking me for the past few months. She thought that i was a stable enough adult to take care of myself, plus i had Sehun to take care of me.. 

Just the thought of Sehun made my eyes teary, as i tried to blink them back multiple times. But the reflection of the sun on the tears were not hidden from my mum. She was slightly surprised and she quicky stopped feeding me and sat beside me and placed my head gently on her chest and rocked me back and forth like i was a little baby. 

"What do i do.." Mum whispered as she and kissed my hair. "What happened darling?"

Like a child, i told her everything, starting from how i found out Kai betrayed me, to falling head over heels for Sehun, getting together with Sehun, and now, to knowing Sehun actually.. Throughout the whole telling, i was crying like there was no tomorrow. I didn't care if i will have puffy eyes the next day, or for the fact that i will always sleep for hours after crying. My mum didn't care if her shirt has a huge wet spot on her chest, or the fact that she was already 60 year old and she has an almost 30 years old adult female sitting on her lap. 

For a moment, both of us were just there for each other. It was silence - but a comfortable silence, one that makes your feel calm. 

Needless to say, after crying, i immediately fell asleep. The last thing i remembered was my mum tucking me to bed, wiping away my tears and kissing me on my cheeks. She left the room without saying anything and the world turned black.

Mom's POV

I sat down on the couch in the living room with my phone beside me. 

I kept thinking of what happened just now. I have never seen Annie crying so hard in her life before - other than the time she dropped her ice-cream on the floor at a carnival when she was 5. As she explained to me the whole situation, i could feel the pain in her heart, i could hear every single crack in her voice, i could see how she wished nothing has happened before. 

I wiped my own tears that rolled down my cheeks unknowingly and picked up my phone.

After a few touches, i places the phone to my ears. 

Ring..ring.. "Hello, mum." Kai greeted me politely. 

"Yes.. Kai, i was wondering if you were free this coming saturday? I have some matters to discuss with you.. Perhaps over tea?" I said.

"Yes, of course mum. See you at 3pm on saturday." Kai said politely and hung up the phone. 

I hung up and dialed the next number. 

Ring..ring.. "Hello, mum." Sehun greeted me enthusiatically. "How is Annie?"

"Yes.. Annie's.. fine. I was wondering if your were free this coming saturday? At 3pm?" I asked. 

"Sure, anything for you and Annie." Sehun said and he hung up.

-fast forward to saturday- 

At 2.50pm, i entered the cafe that we planned to meet at. Knowing that the boys will come earlier as politeness, i told them to come at 3pm sharply. 

At 3pm, Kai and Sehun walked in together, both looking rather puzzled but nonetheless, both greeted me with much politeness. 

After ordering the drinks, we finally sat down and i prepared to speak what i wanted to say. 

"Kai and Sehun-ah, i want to thank you two for being my little girl's best friends for so many years." I started. "As you know, Annie's very manly, and since young, i have always been worried that she would be left on the shelves. Especially when other girls of her age would already been dating and dressing up, she would be in her sweatsuits and exercising the whole day. Until you two came along, and made her fall in love for once, and now she has changed to become more lady like." 

Kai spoke first and said, "No mum, Annie had always had many guy's attention. You have no idea how hard it is for her to choose us over the other boys." We all laughed. "I want to thank you for raising such a lovely child, and for giving us the opportunity to know and love her." 

Sehun spoke next, " Yes.. Mum, i'm not good with words, but you should know how i feel.." 

I smiled politely at both of them as we sipped on our teas and drinks. 

"I will get to the point now.. Actually my purpose of meeting you two today is to ask you guys for a favour." I said in a more serious tone.

Kai and Sehun looked at each other, before looking back at me. 

"I would like it if you two could.. end the pain for my daughter.." I said in a softer voice. 

Kai's mouth hung slighlty ajar, while Sehun said "Mum!" out loud. 

I raised my hands to stop Sehun from saying anything, as i continued. "If you had seen how she cried past few nights, you would have agreed to vanish from her sight. But i know for my daughter, that she needs one of you very badly, and i think you two would know who is it that she needs the most." I finished. 

I stood up and said my last sentence. "I left my doorkeys under the mat. When you two have know who is the one she needs, feel free to enter her room. I have already billed for this table." And with a swift turn, i left. 

I almost fainted during the session as i wasn't usually a person that does such serious talks with boys for my daughter. I took a few deep breathes and walked slowly to the nearby park to rest.

Kai & Sehun's POV

We sat there for a few more minutes as we both digest what Annie's mum just said to us.

And as if we had superpower of telepathy, we both silently agreed with what she said, and we felt guilty for all the tears that we had made Annie cried.

That evening, one of us stood outside Annie's doors and bend over to take the keys.

With a loud click, one of us was ready to seek forgiveness and shower love as heavy as thunderstorms, and to promise Annie to never let her heartbreak again.

 

A/N: Who do you think is it? :))))