3 A foreign feeling

"Mr" Right

*alarm rings* 

"God this waking up at 7am for school has got to stop.." I grunted and rolled of bed. I winced at the sore feeling in my arms and legs from training ytd. Although i feel stiff and pain all over my body, it was a good kind of sore, probably the best sore feeling ever. I quickly washed up and head downstairs for breakfast. I was greeted by the aroma of kimchi soup. 

"Good morning mum", i greeted lazily. 

She was not my mum, but my korean mum. She was a close friend to my mum in Singapore and allowed me to stay with her during my stay in Korea. She greeted back but frowned upon looking at what i was wearing. 

"Surely you have the dress i bought for you last month? Why do you have to wear sweatsuit and cap, makes you look overweight dear. Flaunt your figure before you become like me!" She pointed to her waist. It wasnt exactly thick, and was considered good for her age. I rolled my eyes at her and replied with a growling stomach. She laughed and turned to get me my breakfast. After the yummy meal, i kissed her goodbye and head to the busstop with my earpiece on. 

Kai stirred in bed as the sun shined directly into his eyes. God he hated this bed because of the sunrays. He reached for the alarm clock and his eyes widened in shock. It's 7.30am and they have exactly 5mins to reach the busstop to catch the bus to school or Sehun and him will be late. He doesnt want to be serving detention on the 2nd day of school. Not bothering to pick out a nice outfit, he dashed to Sehun's room and pulled him out of bed, making Sehun land with a loud thud on his . "Sehun, 5 mins left. Up. NOW!" Sehun, who was enjoying a good dream of a shoulder-length volleyball girl, shouted back, "Hyung! It's painful!" 

In 5mins, the 2 boys were chasing the bus that was about to leave without them. They thanked the bus driver that stopped for them and panted heavily while looking for a seat. Kai scanned and locked his eyes on the girl with cap and sweatsuit at the very back on the bus. Without a doubt, his feet led him to sit beside her. So the sitting was Annie, Kai and Sehun. Sehun wanted to greet Annie but was stopped by Kai. Kai saw that Annie was dozing off with her earpiece on, and didnt want to disturb her. As the bus rode on, loose strands of hair detached from her cap. Kai fought the urge to tuck them behind her pierced ears. He didnt realise how long he had been staring at her, at her sleeping face. So peaceful and natural. She wore no traces of makeup like the other girls, not even concealer to conceal those pimples or pimple scars. For once, Kai wanted to take back what he said to Sehun that she was not attractive at all. 

Soon, Luhan boarded the bus too. He saw how Kai was looking so gently at her. He felt slightly unhappy but decided to brush it off. He walked straight to the seat in front of Annie and ever so gently, removed her left earpiece and whispered in her ears, "I'm here." 

Like a doll rewinded, I pryed open my tired eyes, rubbed them and smiled at Luhan. He always looked so perfect in the morning, like he had perfect 10 hours of beauty sleep. He patted the seat next to him, gesturing me to join him. I nodded, and wanted to make my way out. Then i realised Kai and Sehun beside me. Oh right! They board at the same stop as me! I greeted hi and excused myself. While moving out, my legs brushed past them and i caught them swallowing hard. Weird. I swiftly slide down beside Luhan and he placed my head on his board shoulders and whispered, "Sleep." I nodded and drifted off the la-la land. 

Kai and Sehun both sigh mentally as they saw how intimate Annie was with Luhan, and mentally concluded that they were having a special relationship. But both of them were puzzled as to why it would bother them so much. They had their eyes glued on her the whole journey. Unlike Kai, Luhan boldly tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ears and smiled sweetly at her, even though she clearly cant see it. Kai wished he will be the one doing it for her someday.. 

After a while, the bunch of guys and May boarded. As though on cue, i opened my eyes, yawned and slipped out of my seat to make way for May. I winked at her and she smiled brightly before claiming her seat beside Luhan. Kai saw how Luhan's eyes never left Annie as she moved for May to sit. 

I fistpumped the guys and sat amongst them, chatting. From time to time, Sehun and Kai would join in the conversation too. Since the guys and i are close friends, they often place their arms around my waist or on my shoulders. It was a norm and what shocked me was when one of the guys wrapped his arms round my waist, i immediately felt another warm and firm hand on my hand. I turned and found that it belonged to Kai. He eyed at the hand around my waist and gave me a questioning look. I smiled i replied, "It's ok." before removing my hand from under his. Out of the corner of my eyes, i saw him clenching his teeth. I thought it was weird as no one actually minded when guys did skinship with me. 

Upon reaching school, just before the first lesson, I felt light taps on my shoulders. I turned to find 2 pairs of earnest eyes looking at me. I couldnt help but smile at them while my head tilted to the side as a gesture to ask whats up. Sehun cleared his throat ask nervously asked, "So.. erm.. our dance audition.. it's today.. after school. So i.. i meant WE, were wondering if you could come and you know, support us?" He smiled weakly. 

I was a person that placed high importance on friendship, and would do my very best to support my friends, and of course, i said yes. But i told them i couldnt make it for all their performance, maybe only the ending due to my training. I gave an apologetic smile, but Sehun gave me a wide smile and said that was better than not going. I chuckled and turned for lesson to start, but not before i saw Kai smiling widely too. 

The clock was 7.10pm when volleyball training ended. Gosh oh no, i was 10 mins late. I have no idea how long would the audition take but it was unknowingly bugging me the whole day. I felt that i had to be there, be there for Sehun and Kai. It was a new feeling, i have never felt so obliged to be somewhere, for someone. So, not bothering to change out of my jersey, i dashed towards the dance room, praying silently that i could make it on time.