22 Second thoughts

"Mr" Right

That morning, i decided to make my own meal, since i had the time to. Of course, i decided to cook my favourite kimchi stew. Just as i was halfway cutting the ingredients, i was suddenly reminded of that morning when the moment i opened my eyes and i saw Sehun's just awoke face just beside mine. Those sleepy eyes, white skin, slight smile and fingers brushing softly across my bedhair. 

I found myself unknowingly smiling and i didn't mind waking up like that for the rest of my life. B..But wait, i am Kai's girlfriend now! Sehun is Kai's friend, i can't do this! 

"Ouch!" Red liquid quickly stained the chopping board as i accidentally cut myself rather deeply. I quickly ran my finger under the tap while my free hand quickly looked for a plaster. I carelessly wrapped the plaster around my finger just to temporarily cover the wound while i walked towards my first aid box at the living room.

Opening the first aid box, i immediately reached for the alcohol wipes to disinfect my cut. The moment the wipe touched my cut, i was reminded of the night when Sehun cleaned my wounds for me at the bench outside the convenience store. I was slightly surprise at how many memories together with Sehun. I had have many nice memories with Kai, definitely, but those were the standard memories that every couple gets (i know through dramas). We went to the movies, ate nice food, went on shopping trips. But i don't know why, simple times with Sehun were much more special. 

Just then, the doorbell rang. I put down my wipes and went to the door. 

"Who's there?" I opened the door and smiled at the person, and was slightly shocked to see Kai standing there looking rather furious. 

I wanted to ask what's with the sudden appearance (especially when Sehun just left a few hours ago), but i decided to invite him in first. 

"Come on in."

Kai walked in slowly and silently. The atmosphere suddenly turned cold and intense, as i closed the door as gently as possible and walked slowly behind Kai. 

Kai was mad at Annie for letting Sehun stay over. A guy and a girl? Alone? At home? Anyone would have gotten the wrong idea! Besides, sometimes guys can take advantage of girls. He was worried but then it turned to anger. But the moment he saw the first aid box opened on the living room table, his anger subsided and worry took over. 

He immediately turned around to face me. As i was following rather closely behind Kai, i couldnt stop in time and almost fell backwards but i managed to find my balance. I gave my sweetest smile to Kai and asked, "What happened? You look kind of mad.. Did i do something wrong?" And my smile slowly faded.

Kai opened his mouth as he rmbered his inital intentions, but when his eyes looked down to my finger and saw blood dripping down to the floor just beside my feet, he was once again engulfed by worry and he quickly grabbed my left hand up. 

"What happened to you? What..?" He asked as he glanced at my face and back to my finger. 

"Oh that.. I was cutting tofu for kimchi stew and got distracted and cut myself. It's nothing really, I am fine.." I said, trying to reassure him and getting my hand out of his grip.

But he only gripped tighter and pulled me down on the couch and sat down beside me. 

"I can clean it myself.. I.." 

"Let me do it." Kai said quietly, and i found myself just obeying his orders. Hmm, i could get use to a controling Kai. 

After cleaning my finger and wrappping the bandage over the cut, he quietly kept the first aid box and sat down quietly (again) beside me, looking down at his fingers. 

"So.. do you have something to say?" I asked. "Do you want some kimchi stew? I could finish making it in no time.." I stood up to go to the kitchen, but i got stopped by Kai holding my hand. I sat back down. 

"I heard.. Sehun stayed over last night?" Kai started slowly and cautiously.

"Mmm yeah, i sort of fell asleep ON him so he couldnt really move. Haha.." 

"He could have woke you up." 

"He's just being nice, i was really tired and.." 

"No! I mean, he could have done things he shouldnt have to you!"

"Sehun's not like that Kai! You know that too."

"Why are you siding him?"

"I'm not siding him Kai. It's just.."

"It's just what? Do you even think for me? What i could have felt?"

"I.." 

"Just.. stop. We need a break, from each other. Sigh, 2 days sounds good. I will contact you again." 

And with that, he left. He left my apartment, with me feeling shocked, puzzled, hungry, angry. Our fight was ridiculous, at least to me. I couldnt bear to finish making the kimchi stew, so i packed everything back to the fridge and decided to make it for dinner instead. 

I went to bed and lied down on my side and stared into blank space. Unknowingly, i was waiting for my phone to vibrate, or any signs of Kai contacting me, saying he was sorry for everything but hours later, my phone remained silent. 

I skipped dinner that night, as i was tired, and my mind of occupied with so many thoughts.

Why was Kai so mad over something like this? He knew Sehun wasnt a guy that would take advantage of me.. Why did i constantly rmb of the times Sehun and I spent together? Was i enjoying Sehun's company more than Kai's? Did i actually feel happier with Sehun than with Kai?

Have i started to fall in love with.. Sehun?

 

 

 

A/N:

Which couple do you all prefer?

Kai and I, or Sehun and I? :)