26 Afraid of the Truth

"Mr" Right

So finally, after 3 whole weeks of torture, of not being able to see her face, hold her hands, or simply look at her smile, Kai was finally at your doorsteps. Sehun wanted to tag along, but he knew that this matter was between Kai and Annie, and so he shouldn't be there.. for now. Instead, he paced up and down at home, waiting anxiously for whatever that may happen. 

Feeling as nervous as when he first got called into the principal room (no, times 10 more nervous), Kai took a few deep breaths before pressing the doorbell. 

*dingdong dingdong* 

Kai crossed his fingers mentality as he waited for you to appear at the door, or at least be peeking through your window from upstairs. 

But after 30secs or so, no one came to the door. Kai thought you were still angry with him, and refused to open the door. He decided to give it another try, and pressed the doorbell again. 

*dingdong dingdong* 

Refusing to give up, Kai started banging the doorframe, only to find that the doorframe wasn't locked as it moved open. Puzzled, Kai walked in and closed the doorframe behind him. He opened the main door and took a few small steps with caution, stopping next to the kitchen. 

"Hello? Annie? Are you home?" Kai called out, but was only greeted with silence. 

As Kai was about to leave, he heard a soft groan coming from upstairs. He thought he heard it wrong, but the soft groan was heard again. Kai walked suspiciously upstairs and knocked on your door before entering. 

He almost fainted from what he saw.

I was lying on the floor, wearing a frown and a very pale face and lips. 

Kai quickly got on his knees and held my head on his lap. 

"Annie! Annie! Wake up! Oh no, you are burning hot.. Annie!" Kai called as he patted my cheeks.

Tears swelled in Kai's eyes and blurred his vision. He quickly composed himself and called Sehun for help. 

Kai: "Sehun! Annie's fainted. She's burning hot. I'm bringing her to the hospital now!"

Sehun: "W..What? How? Ok! I'll be at the hospital waiting!"

And with that, Kai carried me on his back and ran towards the taxi stand. 

- - -

"Oh.. My head.." I groaned as i woke up and attempted to open my eyes. 

I immediately felt something warm against my forehead and another around my hands. I pryed open my eyes forcefully to find 2 pairs of worried eyes looking back at me, but my eyes turned towards Sehun, who was holding my hands. 

I managed to smile at Sehun and then i turned to see Kai looking as worried as Sehun as me. I gently pushed away Kai's hand which was on my forehead, and asked a little too harshly for my nature (and considering we had a relationship before), "What are you doing here?" 

Kai looked a little shocked and he retracted his hands quickly. "I found you lying on your bedroom floor. You had a very high fever.. And.."

"So i'm i suppose to be grateful for your help? Alright, thank you for saving my life." I said. 

"No, i didn't mean it that way, I was there to tell you the truth, the whole truth about.. Yuki and I.." Kai explained.  

I stayed silent as i fiddled with my thumbs. Then, Sehun stood up. I looked at him with the look that i dont want him to go, but Sehun remained firm. 

"You two should have a little talk. I will be outside taking a rest." Sehun said. Before he left, i squeezed my hand a little, as though to give me strength. I only returned a smile so small that only Sehun can see. 

With that, I was left alone with Kai and other patients in the ward. I sat up straight, ready to listen to Kai's explanation. 

 

A/N: Hey guys! As you might have noticed, my updates are getting shorter. I hope you all dont mind! Enjoy my updates! :)