55 That night

"Mr" Right

A/N: Answer to who got the bouquet: Jaehee! 

Flashback to that night

That night, the boy bent over to pick up the keys placed under the mat that says "Welcome". 

With trembling heart and the click of the lock, he was ready for everything ranging from passionate kiss to a harsh slap across the face.

Kai entered silently, but he realised that he should make his presence known. And so, he cleared his throat and walked with his slippers slapping the marble flooring. Kai stood for while, looking around for a suitable place to sit.
On the couch? Nahs, it made him look too comfortable.
On the floor? That's just weird!
How about i remain standing? That sounds like a grea--

"Who's there?" I shouted down the stairs while i got myself ready and was wearing my slippers down the stairs. 

I stumbled a little at the stairs - and Kai saw and he wanted to go over to help, but he quickly returned to his standing position as i looked up at him. 

I stunned at the figure i saw at my living room, and i unknowingly became rather self-conscious about how i looked. My bed-hair, my oversized spongebob tee and my basketball shorts. I cursed myself mentally but i walked down the stairs carefully. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as the distance between us got shorter and shorter, until finally i stopped at about half a metre away from him. 

Kai gulped nervously at the sight of a beautiful woman infront of him, his one and only crush. 

He found it all of the sudden hard to voice out what he had mentally rehearsed to himself that day. 

I stood there waiting for him to say something, anything, but the silence was killing me. In the end, i sighed and walked towards the kitchen. 

"Take your time. I will get us some tea. Please take a seat on the couch." I lead the lost soul. 

Kai felt so grateful for me to help him in such a time of awkwardness, and he quickly shuffled his way to the couch. 

I went to the kitchen and opened the cupboard where i kept my teabags. I took for both of us greentea - something to calm us down.

After a while, i brought the tea out and saw Kai seating up a little too straight on the couch and i smiled a little. 

I placed his cup of tea infront of him and i sat on the floor. I sipped on my tea and gestured for him to drink his. 

After a few sips, i finally asked him again, "So, what are you here for?" 

Kai took a deep breath and said, "I.. am sorry Annie.."

I smiled a little and replied, "Cliche." 

Kai looked a little shocked at me, but he quickly recovered and said, "I know what Sehun and I did is too much, actually, Mum came to see us both." 

"My mum did what?" I said a little loudly. 

"Yes, she did. And after our talk, i know that the person you need, is me." Kai looked up from his tea and into my eyes. 

I stoned for a moment as the painful memories flashed back. 

I squeezed shut my eyes and tears filled them up. 

"No! I don't need you or Sehun!" I shouted. 

"Dont! Dont only think about the part where we or i hurt you. Please.." Kai said as he moved to sit beside me. "Please.. think about the times where we are happy, where we laughed, kissed, hugged.." And then, he backhugged me. 

That moment, the thoughts of Yuki and Kai, Sehun and Jaehee all vanished and in place was the times in the canteen where the three of us would laugh and joke, and also.. the times where Kai and I held hands along the streets, earning some envious looks from the passerbys. 

And like what happens to glass when pressure is applied, i shattered. I broke down into tears and i cried like there was no tomorrow. 

Kai turned me around and hugged me with my face against his chest. He could feel every up and down movements on my shoulders as i sobbed, how his chest was getting warmer from my hot breath and how wet it was getting with each teardrop that escapes my eyes. 

Time passed as my sobbing got softer and softer. Kai's arms were getting tired, but he was not going to stop hugging me. Our teas got colder and colder. 

After what seemed like years, i finally stopped crying. I was tired. I used every last bit of my energy to push myself away from Kai's chest and hoped for my hair to cover my now swollen eyes and flushed face. 

Kai held my face in his hands and pulled it up so i looked at him. I felt so everytime he does that and i tried to push it away. 

But then, Kai kissed me. 

That kiss was gentle, soft and reminded me of marshmallows and fluffy clouds. I gave in and kissed him back, giving my answer to him after so long. 

Kai gently broke the kiss and i was left wanting more.

I wiped my tears and mucus from my nose manly using my sleeves as my oversized tee slanted to one side, revealing my bra strap on my left shoulder. 

"I must look like a huge pile of mess now.. Haha." I said in my croaked voice as i glanced up at Kai. 

He smirked back and said, "Yes you do. A y mess for me to clean up." 

With that, he leaped onto me, as i fell backwards on the floor. Just as i thought my head was going to hit the marble floor, i realized Kai was held my head in his left hand so his hand touched the floor instead. Smiling, i kissed him back and we stayed on the floor kissing each other for a minute for so. Then, Kai lifted me up.

"Gosh, have you been eating to much or something? You feel heavier." Kai said as he smiled at me. 

I felt so embarrassed by his comments i wanted to get down and walk on my own, but he marched up to my room steadily. 

He placed my gently on my bed. By now, my tee was showing my left collarbone and pink bra strap a little too obviously. And my basketball shorts were, well, down to my hipbones. 

Instead of the passionate that most people would have, we only cuddled together that night. Me facing his chest and him my hair. 

"This is perfect.." He whispered as he kissed my hair. 

I smiled and hugged him around his waist. His hands automatically went down from my hair..ears..cheeks..chin..neck..collarbone (where he lingered for a while longer).. shoulder..arms..waist and lastly, down to my . He squeezed them a little and spanked them once, which earned a little squeal from me. 

With that, that was the first night is many years that i got a proper sleep.