35 All For Me? (Part 1)

"Mr" Right

The next day, I was at the busstop as usual. But this time, i checked my watch twice the number of times i usually did. The weather was rather chilly that morning, and i didn't predicted it. It was obvious from my dressing - black stockings, black sleeveless dress with a bright yellow cardigan. I puffed out warm air from my mouth intro my palms and rubbed them while looking in the direction of the traffic light. 

One, i was looking out for the bus.

But two, i was also looking out for him.

I found myself feeling so silly. It was back to those days in primary and secondary school in Singapore, where i would wait for my friends ar the busstop to go to school or go home together. I shook my head at the thought and secretly smiled at how childish i may have looked. 

Time check: 7.25am

Oh, the bus is here, but Kai isn't. He wasn't usually this late.. But if i dont board this bus, i would be late for work. I shrugged to move to board the bus while the crowd proceeded to board. I bit my lower lips and took one last look at the traffic light, before deciding to be a heartless person and board the bus. With the beep of my public transport card, my heart squeezed a little. 

That day, i realised how boring the bus ride was without him around. Although we would only stand silently beside each other and just stare out of the window, but i realised his presence was what made him there. No words was needed and i felt comfortable. I sighed silently and opened my bag to search for my earpiece which i think i shoved to the very bottom of my bag, and decided to plug in to some korean pop. 

- - -

Back at Kai's house, everyone was busy getting ready for work. 

"Yah! D.O! Where's my sunny-side up?" Suho shouted across the house while tying his tie and grabbing his bag at the same time. 

"Hyung, i woke up late too! It's monday for goodness.." D.O replied cautiously, while gelling his hair. He took one last look at himself in the mirror and winked at himself, before running to wear his shoes. 

"So is every monday's breakfast just bread and jam?" Chanyeol cried as he spread the strawberry jam across the bread. 

"Guess so." Sehun said, while snatching Chanyeol's bread which was just 1cm away from his mouth and eating it. "Mmm, hyung, i like mine with blueberry jam." 

"Yah! You little!" Chanyeol was about to hit Sehun when suddenly Baekhyun (who came out of nowhere) asked, "Wait, where's Kai?" 

Everyone froze and looked around the messy apartment for any traces of Kai, but all shrugged their shoulders, and Chanyeol hit Sehun on his arm. 

"Ouch! Suho hyun! Chanyeol hit me!" Sehun said and ran away with the bread in his mouth before Chanyeol could hit him again.

"Can't believe the youngest of us is already 25 yrs old, and behaving like this.." D.O said. 

And so, they left the apartment chatting happily, thinking that Kai left for work earlier today. 

But little did they know, that Kai was still in bed, shivering badly - cold sweat and his shirt is soaked with sweat.

- - -

Back at work, the day felt shorter and rather fast-paced. Probably because of the huge workload. How i hate mondays. Nonetheless, as i typed away on my laptop and computer, i would occasionally glance at my phone screen which was at the corner of my workdesk to see if the screen lit up or the LED light was blinking. And occasionally, i would catch it lit up, but felt a little disappointed that it wasn't from Kai. 

Sehun: Pick you up at 7pm later? *wink*

Me: Have somewhere to drop off later. See you tomorrow! *kiss*

At 5pm, i decided to leave work earlier. So, i went to my boss's office. 

*knock* 

Boss: Come in!

Me: Good evening boss, i was wondering if i could take the rest of the day off from work. I have already finished today's work. 

Boss: Alrights, only this once. 

Me: Thank you boss. Have a nice day ahead!

*closed door*

The truth is, i even skipped lunch to finish the day's work so that i could leave work earlier. 

I quickly packed my bag and bid my confused collegues goodbye without explaining much and walked swiftly to the busstop. 

I thought of what to buy if i were to go to his house, and i could only think of the delicious spicy rice cake we had together on the day of our interview, and i rushed to buy a packet and walked over to his house. 

It was 5.45pm when i was standing at his front door. I let out a breath of air before pressing the doorbell. 

*dingdong dingdong* 

I stood there waiting for someone to open the door, wondering if Kai was home the whole day. 

After a minute, i pressed the doorbell again. But no one opened the door. 

I called Kai on his phone. 

"Oh, i can hear his phone ringing.." I thought to myself as i heard his ring tone. That could only mean that he was home. 

Actually, i never liked the idea of a doorbell, and i skipped to start knocking on the door. 

"Kai! Open the door! Kai!" I said rather loudly and knocked the door multiple times. 

Just as i was starting to get extremely worried, I heard the door unlock and i quickly opened the door. 

I was shocked to see Kai looking so pale. He was holding the shoe racks to support himself. 

"Kai.." I whispered and before he could open his mouth to reply, he literally fainted on me. 

Luckily, i was rather strong for a girl, and i could withstand his weight. I dragged him from the doorsteps into the nearest room i could find. 

"Ommff! Didn't know you where that heavy.." I whispered to myself as i shifted himself so he looked more comfortable. 

"Annie.." Kai mumbled to himself and wiggled a little. But i wasn't listening to him.

I placed my hands on his forehead and almost immediately retracted my hands. "Gosh, you can cook a sunny-side up with that temperature!" I exclaimed. 

I quickly made my way to the bathroom and almost screamed at the sight of underwears hanging around carelessly, but i didn't have the time to think much and i quickly took a towel (which i deemed was clean) and wet it. 

I ran back to Kai's side and slowly dabbed the wet towel over his forehead. He was mumbling something i couldn't make up, but i decided that the fever was more important. Like this, the spicy rice cake got colder and colder, and my hands and feet got quicker and quicker as i nursed him. 

End of Part 1