32 First Day Of Work

"Mr" Right

It was my first day of work offically! I spent the night before deciding what to wear for work the first day, and decided to wear a simple one piece navy blue dress and a simple bright yellow belt to work. 

The next morning, i walked to the busstop while listening to my songs, softly humming away while waiting for the bus. Suddenly, i felt my phone vibrate and i reached into my bag to retrieve my phone. In the mist of doing so, i accidentally hooked my right earpiece wire with my watch and the earpieve popped out of my ear. After taking out my phone, i was about to put back my earpiece when suddenly, i saw a hand pick up the dangling earpiece and putting it back in my ear. I looked up to see Kai focusing on putting the earpiece on my right ear and then immediately resumed to looking out for the bus. I was expecting him to smile at me and start flirting or something, but he didn't. I decided to brush away the thoughts and checked my phone. It was a message from Sehun.

Sehun: Honey, goodluck for your first day of work! I miss you already. I'm going to work now too. Kiss~ See you after work today! Fighting and don't think of me too much. Focus at work!

I smiled at his encouraging text and was about to reply when the message when Kai nudged me, causing me to almost drop my phone. I turned to glare at him but my gaze softened when i realised he nudged me to inform me that the bus has arrived, and i better hurry or i will not be able to squeeze on the bus. I rushed to take out my wallet while going up the bus.

Just as i was about to tap my card, the bus driver stopped me and said, "The handsome guy infront of you paid for yours already, miss." 

"The guy infront of me..?" I said.

"Agasshi! Please move in quickly!" An elderly woman called out to me. 

"Oh my. Sorry! Sorry!" I said and i quickly moved in the bus while bowing and apologising profusely. 

I stood beside Kai and the bus started moving. I wasn't as wobbly as the other day as i was holding on more firmly to the bus handle this time round. After a long while later, i was dying to ask Kai why was he so.. cold to me all of the sudden. I bit my lips to shut myself up. I decided to turn up my music louder and just look at the concrete jungle outside the bus. Finally, we reached our office busstop and we alighted. I was (sort of) expecting Kai to wait for me to enter the office together, but instead, when i alighted, Kai was already a few meters ahead of me. I unknowingly frowned and decided that this incident would not affect my first day of work, so i walked to the office quickly too. 

I was introduced to my collegues and my workdesk. Ah, i already have the image of how i should decorate my work desk! I was feeling so excited, that even when the day ended, i was smiling widely as i bid my collegues goodbye and they have worked hard. 

Time check: 7.50pm. Where is Sehun? I have waited for 20 mins for him since i ended work, but not even his shadow is seen. I texted him once when i ended work. Maybe i should call him? I fished out my phone and went to my quick dial page and pressed 2. I warmed up my free hand with my mouth and while my other hand held the phone to my ear. Suddenly, a pair of hands covered my eyes. 

I let out a scream but i was spun around and pulled into a hug. 

"Cold?" The person whispered. 

I quickly smiled and hugged back the person. "What took you so long?" I said in a cute voice. 

"I was preparing a surprise for you." Sehun said and he pulled me away and looked at me.

He grabbed my hands and rubbed them to warm them up. "Sorry i was late."

I smiled at him and in turn rubbed his hands instead and said, "No, it's okay. What's the surprise? I'm dying of curiosity!" 

"You will find out soon!" Sehun said and he tapped my nose and we walked towards the busstop together. 

Seeing our happy shadows fade at the turn of the roadside, Kai walked out from behind the nearby walls, looking sad and deep in thoughts. 

Inititally, Kai wanted to have a talk with you. He wanted to know what exactly are you thinking, and how you feel about him. From the moment he met you at the busstop, he was determined to act all cold and all, in hope that you would be puzzled by his actions and would come to look for him by the end of work and clarify, creating an opportunity for the two of you to talk. And so, he watched you as you waited 20mins for Sehun to appear. At about the 20th min mark, he was about to reveal himself as he couldnt bear to see how cold you looked, but just then, Sehun appeared. He mentally cursed Sehun for both ruining his plan and also for making you wait so long in the cold that your fingers are trembling and your teeth was starting to chatter. 

Kai remained at his spot for a while as this thoughts occupied his mind. He let out a loud sigh and dragged his feet towards the busstop. His first day of work was a total opposite as that of yours. 

Back at your house, Sehun and you arrived outside your house. I opened the door and removed my shoes. I walked in and the first thing that caught my eyes was what was on the dining table. The very simple spread on the table. There were messily scooped rice, slightly burned fried eggs, boiled brocolli and kimchi. I turned to look at Sehun, who gave me the apologetic smile. 

"You were late because of this?" I said in a shocked voice. 

Sehun didn't say anything but nodded and looked at the floor. 

I giggled and used my fingers to raise his head so that he was looking at me. I smiled and pinched his nose and said, "Hmmm cute. Ah! I'm hungry, let's eat, shall we?" And i grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen.

We sat opposite each other and Sehun watched me pick up my chopstick and spoon. I was about to put a spoon of rice into my mouth when i saw Sehun looking at me very intensely. I thought to myself that i should play a prank on him. And so, i tasted the rice. My face went from peaceful to slightly disturbed. I peeked at Sehun's face which was changing to look worried. I smile to assure him that the rice was ok. I moved on to the rest of the dishes, and as i taste them, my face got more and more wrinkled. Just as i was about to taste the last dish, Sehun stopped me by stopping my hand. 

I looked at Sehun in surprise. "W..Why?" I stuttered at his sudden grip. 

"I know it's bad.. Let's get takeout okay?" Sehun said in a dissappointed tone and was about to reach for his phone when i started laughing.

"What? Is the food so bad that it has gotten in your brain?" Sehun asked. 

I calmed myself down and smiled at Sehun. I put down my chopsticks and stood up to walk towards Sehun.

With Sehun sitting down on the chair, I stood infront of him and pulled him into a hug, so his head was at my chest and his hands automatically wrapped around my waist. 

"Silly boy. It was delicious." I whispered as i ran my fingers through his soft brown hair.

Like a young boy who was given a lollipop, Sehun immediately lifted his head and looked at me with sparks in his eyes and said, "Really?"

I smiled and nodded. 

He stood up and gave me an unexpected kiss on my lips. This time, i was shocked. I managed to smile at him and i gave him a small peck on his lips and hugged him. 

"I should start making dinner from now on." Sehun said confidently as he my hair softly.

"Maybe.. maybe i should help." I said also immediately. 

"What? Haha. Ok then." Sehun said, getting the hint, and we continued eating dinner. 

With that, my first day of work ended well as i laid in bed smiling with my eyes closed. 

But just before i drifted off to slumberland, suddenly Kai's cold face this morning flashed past my mind and i fell asleep, smiling no more. 

 

A/N: Just a little SehunOC moment here! Is it nice? I'm not really good at writing such stuff, so please use your imagination to imagine the scene happening guys! :)