Chapter Four

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

AN: I want to apologize for not updating in over a month...Really, I am sorry. *bows* Anyway, here is a chapter letting you see into their dorm life (and sleeping habits) a little bit better. This hasn't been edited yet, but then again, I don't have time to edit it for the time being - seeing as how I'm posting this before I go to school...There should be another chapter by the time most of you read this... ^^

 

 

The following morning, Younghun stepped into the dorm – dressed in black skinny jeans and a black dress shirt – his apparel for his interview with the director for his final casting call – where he finally received a pretty big role in his new drama, which meant that he would be pretty busy acting despite having to prepare for his debut as well.

“Younghun, would you wake the other members up?” asked Hyun Soo, “Jong Suk and I have to run to the office again, Andy just called us in – it’s probably about the beginning of filming today. We’ll meet you at the practice rooms and make sure all the other members are dressed well and are at the practice room by noon.”

Younghun hummed, moving towards his room to awaken his roommate first as he put his script onto the desk that was in the room. When the elder turned towards the bed – he burst into laughter as he saw Minseok sleeping in a cocoon of blankets and pillows.

He hit the lump lightly, “Minseok, get up.”

The younger grumbled something such as, “Was talked into watching a movie…stay up until…three hours of sleep.”

“Minseok, get up,” repeated the elder, shaking the lump this time.

“No…”

“Fine then, I’ll wake up the others – I’m sure they would appreciate being the ones who don’t have to shower in cold water,” stated Younghun, “Jay especially.”

Minseok sat up as soon as the words left the elders mouth – the half asleep male stood up and stumbled as he moved towards the closet which held his clothes, “I’m coming…I’m coming…” The male blinked a little wearily, at the closet that was filled with clothes that were too large for him, “Where are my clothes?”

Younghun sighed, moving towards the younger, hitting him lightly in the back of the head.

“What was that for?” asked Minseok, pouting slightly.

“Are you awake now?”

“How could I not be?” asked Minseok, pouting, “That hurt hyung.”

“I’m just making sure,” stated Younghun, “How long did you guys stay up yesterday? It’s nearly ten in the morning.”

Minseok stared at the oldest for a second – his clothes in hand – opening his mouth and closing it soon after, before stating – with a broad smile on his face, “I’ve got to go shower.”

The younger then shuffled off, not answering the older’s question.

The oldest member then moved into the next room – the room that was shared by both Woo Jung and Min Hyun. He flipped on the light and was greeted by the two sleeping; he called to both the males, “Yah! Get up.”

“Mm…” responded Woo Jung, however, he showed no signs of doing so, so the eldest member moved into the room and shook the duo.

Minhyun sat up from where he was sleeping on his half of the bed and casted a tired glare towards the older, who stared back at him in amusement. The younger closed his eyes again and fell back onto the bed again, his lips out of annoyance when the older told him to get up again. The younger 93er shoved the older away, especially as he tried to steal the blankets.

“Get up,” repeated Younghun for the umpteenth time that morning, “We need to be at the practice room in less than two hours.”

“Okay,” responded Woo Jung, who still seemed to be completely asleep, “I’ll be out in a couple of minutes.”

“Woo Jung-ah, Minhyun-ah, you both need to get up,” repeated Younghun, shaking the duo again, getting an incoherent response from Woo Jung as the 94er buried his head in his pillow and under his blanket and earning himself another menacing glare from Minhyun.

The oldest member sighed and decided to save the two for later, shutting off the light in the room and exiting the room again – glad to hear the shower running, which mean that Minseok had finally gotten in. The male then trekked across the dorm and to the room where the other six members were resting and opened the room happily – glad to hear the shower running in the bathroom connecting to the room – which meant that one of the males were up.

He flipped on the light to the room and not one of the others moved, not one showed signs of being up. The oldest member sighed and noticed that Shin’s bunk bed was empty – which meant that he was the only male who was up aside from him and Minseok. The oldest then moved to the closest person’s bed – Chris.

“Chris, get up,” stated Younghun, squatting down so he could easily reach the younger.

The younger muttered incoherently like Woo Jung had in the previous room, the younger spoke in his sleep before covering his face with his blanket and returning to his vegetable sleeping state. Younghun sighed and bent over, trying to shake the younger awake – only to bite his lip from pain, swallowing back his curses as he squatted again, silently cursing the younger for kicking him. Just as he curled up on the floor in pain, Shin walked out of the bathroom – staring at the younger in confusion and then remember Chris’ sleeping habits and laughed a little at the older’s pain.

“Stop laughing,” muttered Younghun, finally straightening up and standing up again, “It’s not funny…It was painful.”

Shin nodded, towards the elder, stifling his laughter as he did so – trying to hide his smile as he did so. Shin suddenly burst into laughter again – as he did so, Chris finally woke up and groggily looked around while Younghun sent the barely younger male who was laughing at him a glare.

“Why are you on the ground?” muttered Chris, peering at the oldest member of the group.

“Don’t worry about it,” responded Younghun, carrying on his attempt of waking the other members, “Just go shower.”

The younger nodded and stood up, happily moving into the bathroom to get ready for the day as Younghun moved to his next victim – well, bully’s – bed. The oldest member shook Sora, hoping that the male would be easy to wake up after all the problems he had previously gone through – as he had wished, the boy woke up easily and looked at Younghun in confusion through groggy eyes.

“Why are you here hyung?”

“I’m here to wake you up, please get up we need to be at the practice room by noon and with you half of us will be up,” stated Younghun, “Minseok just got out of the other bathroom while Chris just went into this one, so go use the other and hurry up the process of getting ready, we only have an hour.”

The younger nodded and stood up, getting his clothes and moving to the bathroom Minseok had exited out of as Younghun moved to the next bed, getting the magnae up with much ease – despite the boy continuously complaining about how much he wanted to sleep and how he wanted to sleep longer since the other hyungs had kept him up all night – the news of which didn’t surprise Younghun, since he had been expecting it from all the others’ reactions when he woke them up.

The oldest moved to Minki’s bed next, “Get up, Minki.”

The younger grumbled incoherent words as he sat up and rubbed his eyes – only to bump his head on the roof of the room from where he was stuck on the top bunk – as had Jay and Ha Joon, since they were the three youngest in the room and the dorm.

“What is it hyung?” asked Minki, blinking cutely.

“Get up, we need to get to the practice room before noon, it’s already eleven,” stated Younghun.

Minki automatically climbed out of his bed, which lead to the oldest to move to his final dongseang’s bed, “Ha Joon-ah, get up.” The younger didn’t respond at all, making the older sigh. The oldest hit the younger’s but lightly, and then shook the male by his shoulders – still not getting any response, “Come on Ha Joon-ah, you need to get up.”

The younger rolled so that his back faced the elder and mumbled something incoherent, pulling the covers up over his head – only to get them pulled off of him again.

“Come on, get up Ha Joon,” stated Younghun, “If you don’t you’ll be showering in cold water.”

The words worked on Ha Joon liked they worked on Minseok – the boy sat up and climbed out of the bed automatically, wiping the sleep from his eyes, blinking out of confusion, not remembering what had woken him up like that.

“W-what just happened?” muttered Ha Joon leading Younghun to repeat himself.

The oldest them moved out of the six’s room and into the living room to see that Minseok, Shin, Sora, and Chris were sitting in the living room – ready to go. He smiled at the four before moving into the room in which neither of its inhabitants had woken up yet.  

Flipping on the light, he went straight to the bed and pulled off the covers, “Seriously, Minhyun-ah, Woo Jung-ah, you need to get up. I’ve let you all sleep in the most. It’s nearly eleven-fifteen and we need to be in the practice room at noon – so please get up.”

Woo Jung sat up, glaring at the oldest male in the group and growled out his response, grumpily standing up from where he sat on the bed and moved out of the room – clothes in hand – leaving Minhyun with Younghun.  Minhyun glared at the older male and pushed the elder away, getting really annoyed when the older continued to attempt to wake him up. Minhyun growled and stood up from the bed, pushing the older male – knowing that he wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep.

“Hurry up and get ready,” muttered Younghun, stepping out of the room and leaving the grumpy 93er alone in the room.

Thirty minutes later, the oldest was ushering the other nine out of the dorm and into the practice room where they all automatically spotted a CCTV camera stationed in the corner of the room and the front of the room – Minseok and Sora automatically moved to inspect it while the others all sat on the floor patiently, waiting for their managers or somebody to enter the room.

When their managers arrived, the man talked to them about how they were getting stage names – well some of them were which were decided by Andy. Younghun was going to go by Jhun – since that was the name he had went by for acting and modeling, Moo Shin would be going by Shin, Minhyun by Min, Minseok by Len, Chris would go by Chris, Sora by Sora, Woojung by Woojung, Minki by Minki, Hajoon by Xue,  and Jayden by Jay.

The men then talked to them about how they would go out for the first episode of the show – so the boys all climbed into the two different vans since they all couldn’t fit in one. Both vans were filled with noise – Minseok talking excitedly to Chris and Shin in the van that held the oldest five and Sora talking excitedly towards no one in particular in the other van, which held the younger five. Once they arrived at the building, both vans fell silent and they all looked at the school in confusion.

“Why are we here?” asked Minseok, as he and the others climbed out of their vans.

The managers kept silent and moved towards the building with the ten following behind them, they were lead into a classroom on the third floor – where they automatically started bowing upon seeing the Teen Top members and the camera crew for the show. The Teen Top members happily hugged those who were their friends before the sixteen all sat down in the desks, the filming for the show had started and continued with ease with Chunji and Niel as the hosts – who got a lot of criticism from their four group mates while the possible Spectrum members sat silently in their seats watching in amusement as their sunbae and friends bickered amongst each other.  

“Moving on,” stated Chunji, “We welcome our company mates in Spectrum – who will be participating in this show with us and will eventually get a chance to MC, but it’s just my lucky day since the writer noonas chose Niel and I – because they like us the best.”

“No they didn’t,” protested Ricky, bringing about laughter.

“Spectrum is an upcoming group, who is expected to be around six members – as you can tell there are currently ten members,” stated Niel, “It’s because the six members have yet to be chosen out of the ten of these males.”

“Please introduce yourselves,” stated Chunji, smiling towards the ten males – who nodded.

The nine looked towards the oldest member who sighed and introduced himself confidently, “Hello, I’m the oldest of the ten – Jhun.”

The boys then carried on with introductions – putting their own personalities into them, showing the viewers – if there were any – that there were quite a few differences between all the members’ personalities.

 

The show carried on after the introduction and slowly the awkwardness between the nine boys who didn’t have too much experience in front of cameras began to fade. The nine became more accustomed to it and it showed.

“Anyway, we have a challenge today,” stated Chunji, “This challenge is capture the flag. Around the school there are flag poles hidden in the two teams’ colors and there is a flag hidden as well. The team who finds the flag and hangs it on their pole wins, however, the flag must stay on the pole for a minute – if it is taken before that, the game continues.”

Niel then read the last couple of the rules, “There is an hour time limit on the game, if the flag is not hung at the end of the game, the team with possession of the flag wins and are all going to be placed into the running of getting the MC spot for the next episode.”

The boys all nodded in understanding, smiling happily.

“Anyway, as the MCs we have the power to choose the teams,” stated Chunji, “Since I’m the main MC, I will be taking first pick, Jhun.”

“That isn’t fair,” cried out Niel, “Who said that you get to go first?”

“I’m the main MC, why wouldn’t I get first pick?” questioned Chunji, looking at Niel with a smirk.

“Fine, whatever,” muttered Niel, “I choose Woojung.”

“Shin,” stated Chunji.

Niel pretended to glare at the older male and turned towards the remaining choices, “Changjo.”

Chunji stood looking over the group, “Min.”

Minhyun moved towards Chunji and to join the others who were on his team for the first challenge, he looked at Niel as he passed and smirked arrogantly – especially as he took his spot beside the other 93ers.

Niel sighed and looked over the group, “Xue.”

HaJoon looked up from where he was standing staring at the floor and smiled towards the male who was older than him, moving to join the boys’ team.

“Chunji, take L.Joe,” stated Niel, trying to convince the older male.

“Why should I do that?” questioned Chunji, “He’s not too good at games – if you don’t remember last year with 100%.”

Niel nodded, “Still, Chunji, are you really going to leave him out? I mean all of the 93ers are on one team – except him. You can leave him, but just know that he’ll be the outcast of the 93ers.”

Chunji sighed rather loudly, “Fine, come here L.Joe.”

 Niel smiled at the success of his plan, he then turned his attention back to picking the next member of his team, “Chris.”

“Len,” stated Chunji.

“Sora,” stated Niel.

“Then I’ll take Minki,” stated Chunji.

“Ricky,” stated Niel.

Niel frowned as he moved towards Niel’s team – his expression obviously showing how he didn’t like the lineup.

“I’ll take Jay as my final member then,” stated Chunji, “You can have CAP; after all you’ll probably need him.”

“Are you saying my team is weak?” Niel turned towards the other Teen Top member.

“No, I’m saying it isn’t as good as my team,” stated Chunji.

The PD cut in before the fight could continue on, “Since you two have your teams chosen you all will head to your bases and change into your team’s color uniform – plus you will distribute walkie talkies amongst yourself however you choose. Chunji’s team will go to classroom 3-2 and Niel’s team will go to classroom 1-2. The hour will start and end with a bell – which means that you can’t leave your base until the bell chimes.”

The boys all nodded towards the PD and moved out of the room in no hurry, since they were standing on the second floor, both teams had equally as far to walk – or so they thought. Chunji’s team arrived at their base first and changed into black shorts and royal blue tee-shirts, both articles of clothing were plain, but were easier to run in than most of the clothes they came in. As for Niel’s team, they were dressed in the same outfit with black pants as well, but their shirts were white instead of blue. 

 

As stated before there should be another chapter up before most of you read this. ^^