Chapter Thirty-Eight

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

It was about midnight and Younghun resurfaced from the boys’ bedroom, looking worse that he did upon entering it – he gazed lazily around the room, laughing as his eyes fell on the trio, two of whom were slumbering on the couch and the other on the floor. Shin was sitting against the arm, his head resting on the wall behind the couch, his mouth was slightly open, and his arms were folded over his chest while Ha Joon was lying stretched out across the couch, using the elder’s lap as a pillow. As for Sora, his positioning on the floor had Younghun cringing and rubbing his neck as he observed the sleeping 94er.

Younghun jumped, whimpering as a pain shot up his spine from his abdomen, as the door to the apartment creaked open rather loudly. The eldest looked towards the door and played his laughter off as a coughing fit as he caught glimpse of Woo Jung, who grumpily muttered, “Do not say a word.”

Younghun opened his mouth.

“Not a word,” muttered Woo Jung, practically growling.

“Arraso,” stated Younghun, this time truly going into a sudden coughing fit, once he recovered he spoke up, “My lips are sealed, however, Woo Jung-ah, I suggest you go change quickly because I’m going to wake the others up and get them to move to the room.”

Woo Jung nodded in understanding before moving into the bedroom as Younghun moved into the kitchen, deciding to make a cup of warm tea before going back to bed. However, as the eldest stepped through the thresh hold of the kitchen; he got an odd craving for the bitter burn of alcohol. As he stood by the stove, waiting for the water to warm, he watched the living room with a smile playing on his lips as he watched Woo Jung, who had quickly changed, pick Sora up and carry him to the room, obviously not wanting to wake up the elder 94er. However, when the group’s second youngest returned, he woke up Shin, who ended up carrying Xue to bed before returning to the kitchen to bid the leader good-night and leaving the barely older male to his own thoughts.  

Once water was warm, Younghun did his best to make it with one hand before setting down at the table and studying the script that sat open before him. However, as he sat there studying the words his mind wondered elsewhere – to the youngest 93er who had yet to return despite time entering the early morning hours.  Younghun yawned and glared at his empty cup before glancing towards the clock, the corner of his lips started to turn down wards as he saw the hands pointing towards the numbers which read three o’clock. He continued to watch the clock’s second hand, slowly falling into the grasp of slumber. His script sat neglected on the table beside the empty mug, illuminated by the faint light that shone in the room.

 

Once the clock struck five o’clock, the oldest member jolted awake, peering through the darkness towards the clock as he rubbed his stiff neck and stretched his sore back. He glanced around groggily, finally processing that he was in the kitchen – rather than the room. As that thought came into mind, he stood up and moved towards the bedroom, remembering the absence of one of the younger members. He hoped that the younger had finally returned, he had his hopes up that the younger had done so when he was asleep, however,  disappointment arose within him as he saw the empty bed through the dim light that filtered into the room from behind him.

A sigh escaped from between the leader’s lips as he happily collapsed on his bed and texted the third oldest to get his back to the apartment – he understood that he made a mistake, but he didn’t want to get scolded by the managers when he was already feeling like crap.

Minhyun, however, did not return before Younghun fell back into the depths of slumber and the younger still was not home at the time when Younghun had been woken up by Hyun Soo, who was taking the male back to the hospital upon finding out that the leader’s fever had worsened overnight.

 

The following morning, Sora was the first to stir to consciousness, having woken up to a dorm slamming elsewhere in the apartment. He groggily looked around, squinting to see the glowing red numbers of the alarm clock which read six o’clock. With a silent yawn, he sat up and peered over the edge of the bed, looking for the source of the noise, first it had been the door slamming and now it was the ruffle of fabric. Upon looking over, he caught sight of Minhyun as the elder slipped under the covers and into the bed while Younghun also shifted so his back was turned towards the others, a quiet whimper slipping from between his lips. Minhyun sat silently on his bed, but upon his discovery of Sora being awake the older male feigned sleep – only to actually slip into slumber.

Sora stretched and silently moved off the bed and upon stepping onto the cold hard wood floor – a clear sign that they’d soon have to start turning on the heat, he smiled towards the barely conscious leader who had glanced over his shoulder ever-so-slightly, probably to see which of his charges had woke up so early, “Sora?”

“Neh, hyung,” whispered Sora.

Younghun muttered out, “Minhyun?”

Understanding the unspoken question Sora hummed in confirmation, and with that simple sound, the eldest laid his head back down and his breaths almost instantly evened out again. Sora looked at the two 93ers, taking in their rather haggard appearances which both hinted at the fact that the duo had been up late. For some reason Sora couldn’t get his eyes off the elder, even in the darkness, he could tell that there was something wrong with the elder, finally his eyes landed on a dark patch on the elder male’s neck. At first glance, he could’ve sworn it was a bruise, but upon the second glance it finally processed in his mind that it was not a bruise. Sora looked at the elder in complete and utter shock before looking at Younghun, however, before he could think he was scared out of his thoughts.

“What are you doing, Sora?”

“Getting ready for the day,” stated Sora, trying hard to pretend that Woo Jung hadn’t scared him.

“Why so early?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” retorted Sora, turning to face the younger male, “I wake up early every now and then, while it’s a rarity to see you up so early.”

“That bastard is the reason I’m awake,” muttered Woo Jung, motioning towards Minhyun, “He woke me up to open the door for him an hour ago and due to his noisiness, it was hard for me to go back to sleep.”

“Do you thing that is going to go down?” muttered Sora, turning his attention back towards the leader and the male who had been out all night.

“I have no doubt about it,” replied Woo Jung, “Something happened when they were home alone last night.”

“How do you know?”

“Drunken confessions,” stated Woo Jung, “He’s going to have on hell of a head ache when he wakes up again not only because of all the alcohol he consumed but from Younghun-hyung as well – he wasn’t too happy with me when I arrived home past midnight last night and he surely won’t like the fact that Minhyun just now went to bed.”

Sora nodded, “He didn’t seem too pleased when Minhyun entered the room so loudly earlier.”

Upon hearing the elder’s words, Woo Jung sat up, looking at Sora with a stoic expression, “Want to go out for breakfast and then head to the company?”

Sora nodded, “I don’t want to be here when Younghun-hyung wakes up…I feel like there is a lot of tension that has built up between in the past twenty-four hours and I do not want to be here when they finally snap.”

Woo Jung shrugged, “Maybe this’ll finally put an end to all the tension in the group.”

Sora shrugged, “Maybe, I hope it does…Should we wake up Shin and Xue?”

Woo Jung nodded, “Xue needs to get ready for school and why make Shin-hyung suffer when he’s probably the one who’s been the busiest and is going to be the busiest for the next few of weeks?” Sora hummed, shocked as Woo Jung continued on, “Younghun-hyung and Minhyun are the types to handle their problems on their own, so maybe they’ll get the clue to do so if they both awaken to an empty dorm.”

“Alright,” stated Sora, before stating, “You go ahead and get ready first – I’ll get Xue and Shin up.”

Woo Jung nodded.

 

After all four were dressed and ready to take on the day, the exited their room – somehow managing to wake up the leader as they silently opened the bedroom’s door.

“Where are you going?” muttered Younghun, his eyes still closed and his voice husky from the much needed sleep he had gotten.

“We’re going to go ahead and head out to the company,” stated Shin, “Ha Joon is going to school and will joining us later.”

Younghun hummed and muttered, “Minhyun will be joining you all in a couple of hours.”

“Neh, hyungnim,” stated the three other members while Shin nodded his head.

With that the four males walked out of the dorm, finally deciding who was going where.

“Since I still don’t feel absolutely sure we’re safe, I’ll walk Xue to school – I’ll buy breakfast on our way,” stated Shin, smiling towards the magnae, who smiled before turning his gaze towards the slowly brightening sky.

Sora looked a little disappointed, he couldn’t help but to feel so as well since he had been looking forward to them getting to eat together, however his mood soon changed as he spun on his heel to face Woo Jung.

“I guess this is the perfect opportunity for you to buy me that meal you owe me,” stated Sora, practically attaching himself to the other male’s arm.

Woo Jun nodded and hummed.

With that stated, the four headed their separate ways knowing that at the end of the day, they are going to be seeing each other again either at practice or at the dorm.

 

Sora and Woo Jung happily moved to a new café that was near not only the company but their dorms as well. They had recently become regulars at the café since it was the closest food place that they liked to both the company and dorms. Thy ordered their regular meals, before settling down into a booth in the corner of the restaurant.

Sora kept a light conversation going with the younger male as they both ate, happy that Woo Jung was giving him a response that was longer than a single word. Sora happily made eye contact with Woo Jung, carefully watching the other as he ate while Woo Jung kept his eyes trained onto the tray of food that sat before him, silently brooding over the hell that he was going to go through in the coming hours.

Sora had unknowingly fallen silent as well as he sat picking at the remainder of his food as he felt butterflies making their appearance in his stomach as he thought of the fact he felt as though this would be a good time to confess, however, at the same time he through against it – knowing that it was not the place to do so.

“Sora,” muttered Woo Jung, staring at Sora in worry, the barely older male was zoned out and silent, “Sora, are you alright?”

“Huh?”

“Are you alright?” repeated Woo Jung, staring into the other’s eyes.

“Ah…neh,” muttered Sora, shaking his head to get rid of the thoughts that had suddenly appeared.

“You sure about that?”

Sora nodded, before looking at the other’s plate to see that he had finally finished his food. Fidgeting in the slightly awkward atmosphere, Sora muttered, “We should probably go in…you’re going to be late if we don’t head out now and if you’re late Shim-Seongsangnim is going to kill you.”

Woo Jung groaned, “It’s going to be hell anyway, so what difference does it make?”

“He won’t kill you?” muttered Sora.

Woo Jung nodded, understanding where the other 94er was coming from, “I guess we should get a move on, huh?”

Sora nodded, happily standing up and dragging Woo Jung towards the door with him – being sure to throw their trash away on their way out.

As they stepped into the lobby of the company, they both became aware of the fact that they were both later than they had originally thought they were going to be for their lessons – the reason behind it being the fact that they had both ended up forcing the other to make sudden pit stops to different stores.

However, upon entering the lobby, Sora’s attention was completely drawn away from Woo Jung and he completely detached himself from the younger as he caught sight of an all too familiar duo that were making their way towards the practice rooms.

“Minseok-ah, Minki-ah!” cried out Sora, running towards the duo in excitement, leaving Woo Jung behind.

“Sora!” cried back Min Seok, turning away from Minki and giving his full attention to Sora, who he hadn’t seen in months, “It’s been a while, huh?”

Sora nodded, happily hugging Min Seok before forcing Minki into a hug.

“What brings you here alone?” questioned Minki, leaning on Minseok slightly.

“Individual training, luckily my vocals are being honed with Jung-Seongsangnim; Woo Jung-ah has to go to suffer in Shim-Seongsangnim grasp for the next nine hours,” stated Sora as Woo Jung finally made his awkward appearance before the two males who had once been in Spectrum with them – prior to their debut those few months ago.

Minseok and Minki eyed each other before finally turning their attention back to Sora and Woo Jung, Minseok smiled warmly, “So, you two have finally gotten together?”

The two looked at him in shock; they stepped away from each other, being sure to create distance between themselves as they attempted to mutter answer, but neither were successful.

“Denying it still, I see,” muttered Min Seok, “Just as Younghun-hyung had said.”

“You guys have talked to Younghun?” muttered Sora in shock.

The duo nodded, and Min Seok happily stated, “However, we haven’t seen him since he’s come back from Jeju – since the attacks on you guys.”

“He stops by to visit the trainee groups quite often,” stated Minki, “I heard he’s been hanging around some female trainee groups a lot recently – well, by recently I mean prior to him going to Jeju.”

The duo nodded and Sora stated, “He hasn’t left the dorm since he’s come home from the hospital, so obviously he hasn’t been around a while.”

Min Seok and Minki nodded before stating, “How is he going?” 

“He’s doing well,” stated Sora, “He’s still a bit fevered and until his shoulder heals, he’s out of dance practice.”

The undebuted duo nodded in complete understanding, “So, how is the life of a debuted group?”

“It’s okay,” muttered Sora, his smile faltering only a bit.

Seeing as how this conversation was going to be going on for a while and the fact that Minseok and Sora were still holding hands was making jealousy stir up within him, Woo Jung decided to make his way off to the practice he was even later for.

“As much as I’d like to stick around and talk to you two more, I really needed to go, because I’m sure Shim-Seongsangnim is going to make my life living hell for the fact I’m about an hour and a half late for practice.”

“Ah, I Mianhamnida,” muttered Sora, feeling responsible for Woo Jung’s tardiness.

The younger waved him off though, moving quickly away from the trio.

“Anyway, give me the juice on what is going on within the dorms now,” muttered Minseok, nudging Sora as he locked arms with the other 94er, peering at the younger with interest, “Younghun has talked to us before, but it’s been two weeks since we last heard anything.”

“Well, there is some tension between Minhyun and Younghun,” muttered Sora, staring longingly and apologetically at Woo Jung’s broad back, “You know how they’ve never seemed like they had the best relations, well, something happened last night between the two and drama has arisen – there is a lot of tension between the two. Also, recently, the two have been showing signs of liking each other.”

Minseok raised an eye brow in shock, “Jinja?”

Sora nodded, “Really, but other than that there isn’t much going on – other than the fact the company decided that we need more training and here we are…well, Woo Jung and I, at least.”

“We ran into Shin-hyung when he first arrived,” stated Minki, “He had dropped Xue off at school, from what I hear.”

Sora hummed in confirmation, “We’re pretty sure there is something brewing between them as well.”

“What about you and Woo Jung?” questioned Minki, curiously.

Sora felt his cheeks rapidly heat up and looked away, “What about us?”

“Is there something there?” questioned Min Seok, peering at him.

“Well, if you’re asking if I like him that is a positive,” stated Sora, “As for him, I don’t know but Younghun and Minhyun have put down their differences to try to get the two of us together…that is before whatever happened between the two of them occurred.”

The duo hummed in interest, they were going to ask more, but Sora soon changed the subject.

“So, what are you two doing? What’s going on with your life? How is Jayden-ah?” questioned Sora.

“Jayden is doing well, surprisingly, he’s still in the company there was a point in time we thought that his parents were going to pull him out of the company,” stated Minseok, solemnly, “He’s currently in school, he’ll be upset to have heard that he missed you all.”

“I’ll visit you all if I get a chance to either after individual training, or sometime during the group practice – I’m sure Jung-Seongsangnim won’t mind you all visiting during our vocal practices,” stated Sora, “However, if you look into the room and see Shim-Seongsangnim, run for your life.”

The duo laughed and Minseok continued on, “The three of us are actually training for the company’s next group.”

“It’s a vocal group; however, they said they may have some rapping in the songs for me since I’m stronger in rapping,” stated Minki, Minseok nodded, “They said that if we do debut it won’t be until 2014, since they said that one group enough for a year.”

Sora nodded in understanding, “If you do debut I hope the company will allow us to collaborate.”

Minki and Minseok nodded in agreement.

“Oh, what about Chris?” questioned Sora, “Where is he?”

“He’s training still,” stated Minseok, “They’re probably going to add him to the group though – after all they just recently added Minki into the group after all.”

Sora nodded in understanding, “Do they still have the same numbers?”

Minki nodded, “Why?”

Sora smiled, “We need to hang out a bit now that we have more free time since we’re not promoting.”

The duo nodded in agreement with his words and Minseok nodded, “There have been quite a few people saying that you all have started to ignore us once we were cut from the group, so hopefully it’ll get rid of those rumors along with rumors of the four of us leaving the company after being cut.”

“Hopefully we can get rid of those rumors, if not then we’ll just have to wait until you all debut to do so,” stated Sora.

Minki nodded, leaning on Minseok again, “Hopefully.”

Sora looked at his watch and gasped, “Crap, I’m really late…”

“Late for your session with Jung-Seongsangnim?”

Sora nodded, smiling towards the two, “Text me later when you guys finish with your practices and I’ll see if we can take a break to see you three.”

“Alright,” stated the duo, biding Sora good-bye as he ran towards the practice room. 

 

 

Hope you all enjoyed the cameos of Minseok and Minki. ^^ This was due a while ago...but I hope you enjoyed. I should be able to update more often since I'm now officially on winter break!