Chapter Sixty-Six

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

So, I acknowledge that I am a pretty bad author. It's be a whole four plus months since I updated...Hehe, sorry about that. This chapter has been ready  to be published since back in May, but I just never got around to posting it. The main reason for that being becasue I had exams in mid-May and had a bunch of different events I had to attend for school prior to graduation, and then I graduated on May 30. As for this month and last month, I've been busy going on trips with family, attending some doctor appointments, and most of all - I've been getting ready for my first year of college and I've been especially busy preparing to move into a dorm here in about three weeks.  Anyhow, without farther delay here is the long overdue chapter!  

 


 

Younghun sighed from where he sat, Minhyun still straddling his legs, his longing gaze locked onto the door. Minhyun sighed and turned his gaze toward the still sulking male before him prior to standing up and moving towards the kitchen/dining area.

Younghun, seeing that the younger stood up, frowned and followed the male's back with his eyes, “Where are you going?”

“To do the dishes since you dismissed the people who were supposed to be doing them.”

“Correction,” stated Younghun, “You’re the one who rushed them out of the apartment and left me hanging.”

Minhyun looked at the elder inquisitively, before putting on a blank expression and calmly stating, “I have no idea as to what you are talking about.”

Younghun frowned, “Comeback here.”

“Not until you stop sulking.”

“Minhyun!” whined Younghun, his frown deepening as his childish side made its rare appearance.

“Stop being so childish,” growled Minhyun as he gathered the remaining dishes and moved towards the sink. With an overdramatic sigh, Younghun stood up and moved towards their shared room.

“Where are you going?” inquired Minhyun, turning his attention away from the water filling the sink to look towards the oldest.

“To change,” muttered Younghun.

“Not to shower?”

“Not to shower.”

“Why? You need one...you smell.”

“Do not,” replied Younghun.

“Well, if you didn’t smell then take one because I haven’t seen you take a shower in the past couple of weeks,” responded Minhyun, a frown playing on his lips as he peered at the older.

“Took one last night when you were busy watching that stupid horror movie with Sora and Woojung,” replied Younghun boredly.

“Take another one,” stated Minhyun, “because you really do smell.”

“I do not,” grumbled Younghun – a slight whine in his tone as he addressed the younger 93er, as he finally moved into the room.

Minhyun chuckled and turned his attention back to the plentiful dishes that were stacked up in the sink and on the counter before him – since the two dishwashers had slacked off not only the previous night but this morning as well.

“Sora, Woojung, I swear I will make you do this next time,” grumbled Minhyun as he angrily scrubbed at a syrup covered plate, “How dare you not only leave me on babysitting duty, but also leave me with your damn chores.”

A couple of minutes later, Younghun poked his head out of the room to see if Minhyun was still scrubbing away at the dishes and upon seeing that the younger was still distracted – grumbling to himself angrily about being stuck on babysitting duty again - he slipped out of the room and towards the glass door that lead out onto the private beach connected to the house. His phone was clasped tightly in his hand as he gently pushed the door open, his eyes never leaving Minhyun’s oblivious form as he squeezed through the small opening in the door – not pushing it open any farther out of fear of notifying the younger of his leaving the house. Though he loved the younger and the rest of s, he needed some time to himself. Ever since he had been admitted to the hospital those weeks ago, they had never left him alone – did not trust him to be alone – and it was driving him insane.

Upon getting outside, the boy walked to the edge of the patio and slipped his shoes off his feet, carrying them out onto the beach with him. He set them down closer to the water, but far enough none of the waves would reach them or his phone and take them away. With a deep breath, the man moved towards the water and stood ankle deep, smiling as the warm salt water caressed his bare ankles and splashed up onto his calves. As his eyes drifted up towards the sky, landing on the gray storm clouds approaching from the horizon, he took a deep breath of the salty seaside air that he had missed.  As he stood there, he thought of the fact that he had something to look up on his phone. He knew that there was a reason as to why the others had been so bothersome lately, a reason as to why they would not let him play around on his phone without one of them being pressed up to his side and distracting him from what he was original doing on the device.

 

“So, what do you wanna do?” inquired Woojung, his arm slung over Sora’s shoulder upon realizing that there was no one around to see them as they strolled along the beach towards the resort their villa was a part of. Most of the other inhabitants of the vacation resort had taken heed to the warning about the approaching storm and had chosen to stay inside while they had decided to get out for a little while.

Sora shrugged, his arm wrapped around the younger 94er’s waist, his head resting against the younger’s shoulder as they strolled in comfortable silence, both taking in the sight, sounds, and smell – savoring it for when they needed an escape from reality upon returning to Seoul.

“Do you think we’ll have as much hatred focused on us when we return?” inquired Sora, earning a shrug from his pondering lover.

“I don’t know,” muttered Woojung, “It’s hard to tell, but considering how bothersome those reporters have been, I’d say that they’ll still be there.”

Sora sighed but nodded, muttering, “When do you think they’ll go away?”

“Once they get bored with us and some other rookie group comes around for them to pester,” replied Woo Jung, “or once we garner more fans and they begin to stick up for us.”

“Maybe when they realize their words don’t bother us?” muttered Sora.

Woojung peered at his older lover – knowing well that the boy was berating himself for saying such words, surely the older male was calling himself out on his hypocrisy – and smiled sweetly his way, humming in response to the older’s words, “Yeah, I guess so.”

Sora smiled and turned to face his lover, smiling as the younger cupped his thin face with his lightly calloused hands, bringing their faces closer together – the closest they had been for a little while. Sora, unable to resist the urge to kiss the younger, moved forward and closed the gap, bring himself those few centimeters and to the younger’s lips. Their lips crashed together rather suddenly, but as the slight awkwardness in the kiss faded, their lips began to move against each other’s passionately – their teeth occasionally scraping against the other's. As Woo Jung lightly bit onto Sora’s bottom lip, the older male gasped shock from the slight pain but soon let out a pleased sigh as he felt their tongues intertwining in an intimate but awkward dance within their joint mouths.

The duo reluctantly pulled away as they felt the slight burn in their lungs from oxygen deprivation. As they both parted they panted, smiling at each other cheekily before intertwining their fingers and continuing their walk down the beach – that had been spontaneously interrupted by a sudden and uncalled for make out session – and towards the pier connected to the main body of the resort. Sora smiled but felt the slight burn in his cheeks hinting towards the red tint that was surely appearing on them.

“W-We probably shouldn’t have done that,” muttered Sora, “n-not out in the open like that.”

Woojung shrugged and nonchalantly stated, “It’s not like there was anyone around to see it. If there was, it’s not like they’d be able to recognize us from how far away they are from us.”

Sora paused for a second, thinking of a protest, but smiling widely as he responded, “That is true, it’s not like we’re especially famous or something like that.”

“Sure, our popularity has grown in the past year and almost a half, but it has not become that significant,” responded Woojung, “That big.”

“Sadly,” muttered Sora, earning a nod from Woojung.

Woojung, seeing that thinking about their popularity – or lack thereof – had brought his lover’s mood down, changed the subject to something more distracting and important at the current point in time, “So, where do you want to go?”

“I want to go to the pier,” responded Sora, a smile playing on his lips, “I know this’ll probably sound weird, but I want to go to the edge of the peer and watch the storm slowly moving in…I-I heard that you should be able to watch it approach. S-Seeing that we won’t be able to watch the sunset later tonight, due to the chain of storms passing through, I figured that this could make up for it.”

“Alright,” responded Woojung, “but if it begins to get close, we’re going to make a mad dash back towards the house, alright? From the looks of it, the stores are closed today – for whatever reason.”

Sora smiled and nodded before stating, “We could change it up a bit – just running to the house is boring…how about we  race back to the house if it comes down to it alright? The loser has to give the winner an almost-full body message.”

Woojung smirked at the older’s terms and nodded in understanding, patting Sora’s shoulder, “You’re on, princess.”

“Oh, shut up,” muttered Sora, despite his words, a bright smile still played on the corner of his lips as he stared at his lover – all his other worries fading from his mind temporarily.

 

Shin chuckled as he peered at Xue from where the young sat in the passenger seat, gazing boredly out of the open window – occasionally closing his eyes and basking in the soon to be fading sunlight. Tired of the silence, Shin finally spoke up as he turned his attention back towards the road.

“So, we’re not a couple?” inquired Shin, raising an eyebrow.

The magnae stiffened up as the older male broke him from his thoughts suddenly; the boy smiled sheepishly towards his hyung and hummed, “T-technically we aren’t.”

“How come?” inquired Shin, loving the slight pink tint that had begun to appear on the magnae’s face as he shyly turned his gaze back towards the scenery of the island.

“T-There,” muttered Xue, his embarrassment obvious as he turned his attention towards his fingers as he fiddled with the edge of his shirt, “there wasn’t…”

“Wasn’t what?” inquired Shin, raising an eyebrow as he continued to tease the younger.

Xue, unable to stand the teasing, boldly stated, “There hasn’t been any confession, sure…s-some things have happened between us, but there has been no verbal exchange of our feelings – of the emotions we are feeling. There has been no official confession outside of the bedroom.”

Shin, upon seeing the adorable pout on the magnae’s bow-like lips and hearing his words, burst into laughter – unable to control it due to how cute the younger was unintentionally being.

“Hyung,” whined Xue, flailing slightly as he tried hard to hide his blush as he glared towards the elder male, “Stop laughing! This is a serious matter…”

Shin chuckled as the magnae kept whining childishly, adding in random flails to accent some of his words – to add onto their affects.

“Stop it!” whined Xue, “It’s not funny!”

“Yeah, but you’re adorable,” responded Shin bluntly, catching the younger off guard. The boy looked at his hyung in shock, not expecting those words to come out of those lips that were previously pulled upwards in unexpected laughter.

“I-I…”

“If it’s a confession you want,” whispered Shin, his hand landing on the magnae’s as his eyes stayed locked onto the road before him, “then it’ll be a confession you get – but only when the perfect opportunity arises, alright? Though, I’m disappointed my actions weren’t enough to communicate my overpowering love for you.”

“I-I…Hyung, I know you love me,” whispered Xue, “b-but sometimes, I-it’s good to hear it - outside of the bedroom - alright?”

Shin chuckled, the back of the younger’s hand with his thumb while gently whispering, “I understand you fully, so, just give me some time – alright? Since you’re going to be expecting it now, I’ll have to do it when you let your guard down.”

Xue pouted, but stopped as they pulled up to a stop light, coming to a complete stop as cars began to cross the intersection on the other road. Xue’s pout was replaced by a shocked expression as Shin leant over and pressed his lips firmly against the younger’s in a chaste kiss. While Xue remained frozen for a couple of seconds after the contact, Shin had his attention back on the road – the left corner of his lip pulling up to form a smirk.

 “H-Hyung,” sputtered Xue.

However, Shin was not having any of it and silenced the young with a question, “So, where do you want to go? Magnae-nim?”

Xue froze and blinked, confused about the events that had just occurred, “W-What?”

“Where do you want to go – surely there is something you’d like to do during your time out of the house, away from the others…”

Xue hummed, thinking intently about the place he wanted to go, before stating, “I-I know this is going to sound w-weird, but it’s s-something we haven’t done…”

“What is it?” inquired Shin, curious as to what the younger was going to say.

“I-I was curious about what this place looked l-like and I-I haven’t r-really b-been to a-any place like it,” whispered Xue, “Plus, it’s j-just as e-expensive as anything else we could do.”

“What is it?” repeated Shin curiously, peering at his not-yet-lover with a raised eyebrow.

“I-I wanna g-go to the Jeju Folk Village Museum,” replied Xue, albeit a bit hesitant, “I-I heard of it during school earlier this year a-and a-all my class mates were talking about it since they had an MT to the museum…I-I had to miss it due to promotions, so I was unable to go…”

“So, you were wondering if we could go now?” inquired Shin, chuckling as he earned a cute nod from the younger, shyly looking at his fingers as he fumbled with the him of his shirt.

“If that is where you want to go,” stated Shin, a bright smile on his lips – his eyes glistening in the light as he looked at his not-yet-lover with much love and attraction in his gaze, “I told you before – I’ll take you wherever you want to go today.”

Xue smiled at the endearing words that had fallen from his not-yet-lover’s lips, a cute smile tugging on the corner of his lips. Shin’s smile grew wider as he saw the spark of extreme, genuine excitement reappear in the magnae’s eyes for the first time in months.

“Thank you…hyung.”

“It’s no problem,” responded Shin, flashing a smile towards Xue before turning his full attention and keeping it on the road before him. 

 

 

 

Here is the chapter...one giant fluff ball to make up for my lack of updates.