Chapter Three

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

The room felt like a sauna as the music blasted, bringing their aching and exhausted limbs to move in the mechanical movements they all had committed into muscle memory – all trying to be in sync with each other – despite it being only a week since they’ve met each other and started to learn the dance. Their sweat dripped from their skin and fell to the floor covering it with a thin coat of moisture, making it so that their shoes moved against the hardwood floors with ease and little resistance.

“Boys, take a fifteen minute break,” called the choreographer, “We’ll hit the parts some of you are struggling with when we return. As for now rest for a little while and be sure to rehydrate, I have to go run and talk to Andy about something.”

With that the choreographer left the room in a hurry and the boys all collapsed onto the ground – panting for air since they had done three hours straight of dance practice. Almost as soon as they sat down, their managers burst through the door and Hyun Soo called for their attention.

“Andy has been hearing reports of your team work and how you all seem to be pretty comfortable with each other so he has deemed that starting tomorrow, you will start filming for your show – yes, it’s a week early, but it’ll help you all become stronger friends and will help you all bind together and cover each other’s strengths and weaknesses,” stated Hyun Soo, “Plus, he believes that you all will be able to manage it well, despite not all of you being in the best conditions with each other.”

The boys all nodded in understanding.

“However, during the show you all will also be preparing for the final audition, which we’ve decided will be a showcase at Everland with Teen Top and 100%,” stated Hyun Soo, “Andy will be there to watch you all along with your rap coach, vocal coach, and choreographer – the three of whom will be the ones you have now – who will be your judges for this round.”

The boys all stared at him, feeling the pressure build tenfold on their shoulders.

“Work hard and play hard because in six weeks will be your showcase,” stated Hyun Soo, smiling at the boys, he then turned to look at Younghun, “As for you, Younghun, the director has gotten back to us about your audition and he wants to see you again – it has been decided that you will be in the drama, but it hasn’t been decided about what part you will receive because there are quite a few other experienced rising actors who have gotten in as well. Andy encourages that you work harder with the others – and by yourself – when you can because all of your necessary skills as a singer have been slipping since we lessened your lessons and put you into more intense acting classes as well as allowing you to act. Be attentive in your vocal classes especially since you slipped from a four and are almost a two.”

Younghun nodded his head, humming in response to the manager’s message – knowing that it was true, that his scores had slipped on his exams.

“As for the rest of you, this means that Younghun – who has the most experience on camera will not be participating with you all too much after tomorrow, he’ll be with you all for the lessons – but not for most of the games,” stated Jong Suk, “Which means you all will have to fend for yourselves on the cameras and make it so that it isn’t too awkward.”

The other nine males nodded in response, wanting to show that they were in fact listening to their manager although it didn’t look like they were at all.

“Since Younghun has quite a bit of fans from his acting career and modeling career – both of which are finally kicking off – Andy has decided that this would be the best for you all, because we want you all to have as equal of a shot to earn the fans hearts like him,” stated Hyun Soo, “He will participate in the show tomorrow to help attract attention to it, but after that he’ll probably only appear in the practice rooms and at the company – or if it is really necessary – like when it gets closer to the end and the showcase.”

The boys all nodded again.

“Alright then,” stated Hyun Soo, “We’re going to get the last bit of information for the show and we’ll be back to see you all in the morning, since we are still oblivious to when the show is going to start.”

The boys hummed – just wanting the managers to leave so that they could do what they want. As soon as the manager left, the boys found themselves attempting to take a nap for the last eight or so minutes of their break – the only ones who were not trying to sleep were Minseok and Minki who were both struggling with the dance a bit and were talking to Younghun – who had offered to help them since Minhyun, who they originally asked, was dragged away by Woojung who needed more help on the dance than the two did because he had the lowest dance ranking out of the ten – meaning he was the worst dancer, but not by too much.

“Are you sure about this?” muttered Minseok, looking at the oldest member and his roommate.

Younghun nodded, smiling toward the younger – hiding his dislike towards the boys’ constant need for skinship, “I’m positive, I had a solo session with the trainer last night after my audition and he clarified the part since I was unsure about it.”

The younger huffed slightly blurting out, “I don’t think that it’s supposed to look like this.”

Younghun sighed, “Minseok, it’s supposed to be like that.”

“This right?” stated Minki, doing the movie.

Younghun nodded.

“It’s odd isn’t it?” asked Minseok, looking at Minki.

The younger nodded, “It is slightly.”

Younghun sighed, “It’s like that though.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive,” stated the oldest male in the room.

Minseok pouted slightly, “It can’t be.”

“It is,” stated Younghun.

Minseok then turned towards something else in the room, shocking Younghun slightly at his sudden change in interest.

“What are you doing?” muttered Minseok, walking over towards Sora – who was busy taking selcas on his phone – leaving Younghun and Minki behind.

“Taking selcas,” responded Sora.

Younghun held back a chuckle and turned towards Minki, ruffling the younger male’s hair lightly before stating, “Don’t worry, the move is right.”

The younger nodded a little awkwardly before sitting down beside the oldest member and practically laying on the on older male – who was trying hard not to show how uncomfortable he was with being touched – well in this case – laid on. The oldest turned his head to see that Minseok was deeply immersed in taking selcas with Sora.

“Minseok, get back over here,” stated Younghun, turning his torso so he could get a clearer view of Minseok and Sora.

“Hyung, he’s taking selcas with me though,” stated Sora, turning his attention to the oldest – who had attempted to get the boy back.

“You told me that I had done the dance right,” stated Minseok, looking towards the older, “Unless you lied to me.”

“It is break,” stated Sora, “He can get help form the choreographer when he returns.”

Younghun nodded, “That is true.”

The elder then turned his attention to the younger male who was lying in his lap – clinging onto him.

The duo then returned to taking selcas happily.

On the other side of the practice room, Woojung worked with Minhyun on the one part of the dance he was struggling with – Minhyun helped the rapper.

“I’m surprised you’re not trying to get some sleep,” stated Minhyun, a smirk still on place on his lips.

Woo Jung’s expression stayed stoic as he looked at the elder male, “It is no use since we only have five minutes until the choreographer returns.”

Minhyun nodded, “That is true.”

As soon as Minhyun responded, the choreographer walked into the room clapping his hands and all the boys looked at him in shock since they still had five minutes.

“We still have five minutes of break,” stated Sora, looking towards the man that shrugged.

The choreographer looked at his watch before looking at the boy, “That is true, but if you start again, now, we won’t stay later than nine.”

The boys looked at the clock in the room and saw that it meant that they only had another hour left to suffer through – all ten of the boys jumped up onto their feet, all silently agreeing that they wanted out of the practice room – where they had spent most their day – as soon as possible.  

 

The ten pushed themselves to their limit for that final hour, happily leaving the practice room and heading home as soon as the hour was up and the choreographer sent them away with praises. When the boys arrived home, the boys fought over the showers closest to their rooms – Younghun ended up winning the fight for the one beside the two rooms with the double beds because he had to go back out for a late night script reading with the director so he wouldn’t have to the following morning or day. As for the other bathroom Shin claimed the right to shower first because he was the oldest out of the six sharing the room with the three sets of bunk beds. After those two, the order varied – the one who got into the bathroom as soon as they left got the bathroom, which in the end made it so the last person who showered had no hot water to shower with.

Jayden walked out of the bathroom shivering, he was dressed in his clothes for bed – however, his hair was still wet and he had his towel around his neck – catching the drops of water that fell from his hair. A pout was on his face as he walked out of the bedroom and into the living room where eight of his nine hyungs laid/sat fighting over what to watch on television before going to bed.

“What is wrong with our magnae?” asked Shin, suddenly noticing the youngest male in the room, who sat off by himself, sulking slightly.

The magnae frowned, “You guys left me nothing but cold water to shower in.”

“What do you expect when there are ten males living in one dorm and you’re the youngest?” asked Minhyun, his feet resting on the coffee table before him – making the younger’s pout grow.

“Next time you can show first, how about that?” asked Shin, looking at the younger male who looked at the older male with hopeful eyes.

“Really?” asked the younger.

Shin nodded.

“That sounds great,” stated the magnae returning to his childish-self.

“I’m hungry,” muttered Sora, suddenly drawing attention to himself, Minseok nodded, “Are we going to get any food? Is someone going to make it?”

The others looked at each other before shrugging.

“How about we order something?” stated Minseok.

The others nodded.

“Then if Younghun-hyung returns we can push the bill onto him,” stated Sora, “Surely enough he’ll eat the food too, if he returns in time.”

Minseok nodded at the plan and the others laughed.

“Make sure to order a lot,” stated Chris, “I’m really hungry.”

“Aren’t we all?” muttered Minhyun, “None of us have eaten since noon.”

“Won’t Younghun be angry though?” asked HaJoon, a little awkwardly.

“Younghun-hyung never gets angry,” stated Minseok, “or so he says, so let us test him.”

“Plus, he has the most money out of all of us,” stated Sora, “And he’s our hyung – he needs to treat us. After all, isn’t it the hyungs’ jobs to treat their adorable dongseangs?”

“What if he doesn’t show up before the food arrives?” asked Chris.

“Then Shin can pay for it,” stated Jay, turning to look at the older male, “Right hyung?”

“Right,” stated Shin, happy to treat his dongseangs despite still not knowing them all too well.

“I’ll go order it,” stated Minhyun, jumping off the couch suddenly.

“Make sure to order something really spicy,” stated Woo Jung, the stoic expression still on his face.

Minhyun hummed and moved out of the room to talk on the phone.

                                        

More than an hour later - half an hour since they ordered, the oldest member returned to the dorm to nine smiling dongseangs and he automatically knew something was up. However, he didn’t point it out and played along with them – noticing that their stomachs kept growling as he collapsed into a chair that Minseok had generously moved out of for the exhausted elder. For five minutes they sat in complete silence, he decided that he couldn’t ignore it anymore.

“What did you guys do?” stated Younghun, peering at the younger members – some of whom attempted to put on innocent expressions while some succeeded in doing so.

“What makes you think we did something?” asked Sora, looking at the elder male.

“You and Minseok – on a normal basis – can’t keep quiet for a minute, however, you’ve been silent ever since I came home,” stated Younghun, “Don’t try to tell me you two can keep quiet, every night I can hear you talking when I come home and I share a room with Minseok and he talks until he falls asleep. Tell me what you’ve done.”

“We didn’t do anything,” stated Minhyun, “We just ordered some food since we all were too tired to make anything.”

“You want me to pay?” asked Younghun.

The younger members nodded, Jay then spoke, “We were going to have Shin pay it but he doesn’t have enough money on him.”

“How much is it?” asked Younghun, slightly afraid of the price that would be stated.

“About 100, 000 won (about $90 USD - not too sure about other currencies),” stated Minhyun.

“Hyung, we bought you some food as well,” stated Sora, “So, don’t get angry please.”

Minseok then added on, “You have the most money out of all of us and at the moment you are the only one who is getting a pay check.”

Younghun sighed, pulling out his wallet and pulling out ten 10,000 won bills, leaving just a 5,000 won in his wallet, “That should cover the cost...what did you all buy?"

“Thank you hyung,” stated Minseok and Sora, ignoring the oldest's question. They both then took ahold of the money – handing it over to Minhyun before hugging the oldest.

Younghun stood up, removing himself from the two’s clutches, “I ate at my meeting with the director – you all can share my portion of the meal. Clean up and put away the left overs when you are done, don’t stay up too late since we have to film tomorrow – plus, I would stay up later, but I have to return for a second meeting tomorrow morning.”

The boys nodded and bid the oldest a goodnight while happily sitting in the living room awaiting the arrival of their food – which was being bought for them by their oldest unwillingly.

 

 


 

 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, this is for you all to get to see the interaction between the members better. Who are your favorite characters so far? (Aside from your own) You will get a better look at the other characters in the next chapter - so keep it to yourself for right now. 

 

Anyway, my plans for the coming chapters (because I want you all to know what to expect): the next chapter will show the beginning of the show and it'll probably be about two chapters long, after that it'll skip a head a couple of weeks and will show another episode of the show (probably around two chapters long), and then it'll go into them preparing for their showcase, and then finally it'll be their showcase in Everland; which means that chapter ten will probably be the last with all ten and chapter eleven will be the start of the chapters with just six members. I'm not to sure if this is how it is going to work out, but it's what I plan for the chapters to be about. 

 

Anyway, I've probably bored you all to death by now, so I'll end this author's note here. ^^