Chapter Forty

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

A week had hardly passed since Younghun had taken responsibility for the incident involving Minhyun, for the most part his activities had somehow managed to pull attention away from Minhyun and with time people began to forget about the occurrence. However, not everyone forgot and due to the location Minhyun’s scandal – well, at least that’s what the news was calling it – reporters had taken it onto themselves to investigate them. Due to the lack of interest, the reporters gave up within a couple of days – turning their attention towards bigger groups and the gossip surrounding them; in turn they made the boys very thankful for Spectrum’s rookie level status.

So, just a week and a half after it began, it ended and Younghun returned to the dorms, happily greeting Sora and Woo Jung, since the other members were out – Xue at school, Minhyun had been dragged by Hyun Soo to walk in a runway show, and Shin was in the company working on his secret project.

“As much as I love you – as a brother of course,” stated Sora, quickly adding the last part as he glanced at Woo Jung, who he had previously been curled up against, “You  quite frankly look like poop.”

Younghun laughed, shaking his head at the younger’s words, he rolled his shoulder – which had finally healed completely – prior to answering, “I know.”

Sora winced at the husky tone the elder’s voice was taking on, hinting at the male’s health.

“You sound like it as well,” muttered Woo Jung, peering at the leader as the older collapsed into one of the arm chairs that had been recently brought into the dorm.

“I know,” replied Younghun, sniffling loudly as he took a seat on the couch, “It’s just your common cold.”

“You sure about that?” questioned Woo Jung.

Younghun nodded, “It had been an upper respiratory infection at first, but it’s a common cold now – I went to the doctor to make sure.”

“You seem healthier than when you left to stay with your sister thought,” muttered Sora, peering at Younghun.

“That may because I was in a crap load of pain at that time as well as had the respiratory infection,” muttered Younghun, “and now my bones no longer hurt and plus I only have a cold.”

“Why is your voice how it is thought?” muttered Sora.

“From how much I’ve coughed this past week,” muttered Younghun, “It’s the same reason it’s hurting a bit.”

Sora nodded in understanding before looking at Younghun, staring at the elder’s hair, “There is something that is still different with you.”

“His hair is dyed,” muttered Woo Jung, wrapping an arm around Sora as he shifted no the couch.

“It’s actually back to being its natural color,” muttered Younghun, running his fingers through this hair, “Plus, I think that is the first time you’ve actually ever seen my forehead.”

Sora nodded, “That’s probably it…Holy crap, and you cut it too didn’t you?”

Younghun laughed but nodded, while Woo Jung face palmed at the older 94er’s words, “I did.”

“You look like a man now,” muttered Sora.

“Are you on something?” muttered Younghun, peering at Sora with a raised eye brow.

“Do I seem like I am on something?” muttered Sora, looking at both Younghun and Woo Jung with a serious expression.

“Yes,” replied the other two, with no hesitation.

Younghun then muttered, “What did I look like before if I didn’t look like a man?”

“I-I,” muttered Sora, stumbling over his words, “I meant that you look your age now, before you looked a lot younger.”

“I’m only twenty Sora, so how old did I look before?” questioned Younghun with interest, causing Sora to look for Woo Jung for help, however the other 94er raised his hands – pretty much stating that he wasn’t going to be any help to Sora.

“You looked younger than you do now,” stated Sora.

“I know I looked younger than my age,” muttered Younghun, smiling towards the younger, “I was just teasing you.”

Sora smiled, “I know hyung.”

Younghun opened his mouth to speak before letting it fall close again as he heard the door slam open and Minhyun’s voice echo through the apartment, sounding as though he was arguing with Hyun Soo about something.

Hyun Soo looked up as they entered the living room and smirked, completely ignoring Minhyun’s continuous complaints as he caught sight of Younghun, “It’s nice of you to finally return to the dorms three days after your individual schedules ended. Also, the stylist was right, you look better that way.”

Younghun let out a strained laugh and earned a curious glance from both Sora and Woo Jung, who kept glancing between Younghun and Minhyun – who was the only member who hadn’t seen Younghun since he had left the dorms.

Sora looked at Woo Jung, whispering, “Do you think they fought that night?”

Woo Jung nodded responding, “I have no doubt that they did.”

Sora returned his gaze to the other three inhabitants of the room; Hyun Soo held a conversation with Younghun while Minhyun was staring at the leader, probably a bit shocked by the elder’s new appearance which was a lot different now that his hair was a few centimeters shorter – well that’s what Sora was guessing. However, while Minhyun was staring only at Younghun – not having taken notice of the two sitting on the couch – Younghun kept his eyes trained to the manager.

The four were broken away from their thoughts by Hyun Soo who smiled at them all, “You all have a group practice tonight, so get ready and we’ll head out, Xue is going to meet us there as well Shin.”

 

Upon arriving at the company, the group ran into the two familiar faces that Sora and Woo Jung had run into countless times since initially bumping into them for the first time since the cuts.

“Younghun-hyung,” stated Minseok cheerfully bounding to the leader’s side, latching into his arm, “Thank you for the meal yesterday...I wasn’t expecting it, but I really needed it after the casting interview I went to.”  

“Your welcome,” stated Younghun, smiling as he ruffled the younger’s hair, “How did it go - you never did tell me?”

Minseok pouted, “Horrible.”

“As for mine,” muttered Minki, “It went well, but thanks for the food anyway, it was good encouragement.”

Younghun smiled stating quietly, “You both are welcome…after all, you both are still my dongseangs even if you’re in a different group.”

Minseok smiled and happily carried on and Younghun gave the energetic 94er his undivided attention – ignoring the burning gaze that he could feel on his back.

Woo Jung watched as Sora happily joined the four, talking quickly with Minseok – he could hardly understand their words and didn’t know how Younghun could possibly deal with the duo for more than five minutes, he had been wondered about it since before Spectrum’s debut. Woo Jung then turned his attention towards Minhyun, who had already been in a sour mood due to the fashion show he was forced to walk in, to see his mood darkening even more. Following the elder’s glare to the leader’s back. He would say that the leader was oblivious to the intense gaze, but if there was anything he learned in the past months it was that the leader was not oblivious to anything when it came to his surroundings – that he was very observant and knew what everyone around him was doing.

Woo Jung couldn’t help but to laugh at the leader’s faked actions, especially since they were really getting to Minhyun, more than the elder would ever admit. Woojung's laughter brought both Sora and Minhyun’s attention to him.

Minhyun’s glare turned towards his friend, “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,” responded Woo Jung, smirking towards the elder before moving to stand beside Sora, whispering in the barely older male’s ear, “My plan might not have been a failure.”

Sora looked towards Woo Jung and raised an eyebrow as a silent response.

“Minhyun is showing his feelings more than he was before,” stated Woo Jung, “However, I still don’t know fully what happened that night, so your plan better be a good one.”

“I’m going to think about it,” muttered Sora, glancing towards Younghun to see that the leader was eyeing the two in suspicion – as if he knew they were planning something.

“As much as I don’t mind you all talking to Min Seok and Minki, you boys need to get to practice,” stated Hyun Soo, leading for the two who had been talking to Minki and Minseok to bid the duo farewell while Woo Jung just nodded towards the two and MinHyun just went on a head, passing by the group silently.

 

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. ^^