Chapter Forty-Eight

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

An hour passed after Hyun Soo and on the dot, the doorbell rang – signaling the arrival of their guests.  Sora, upon opening the door since the leader was in the process of changing after Minhyun spilled a mixture of ingredients all over the leader, was shocked to come face to face with a woman who hardly resembled the leader while the child sleeping in her arms and the one that was holding onto her free hand tightly looked as though they were the leader’s children.

“You are Sora, right?”

Sora nodded, a bit stunned by the tall woman standing before him – almost positive that she stood taller than her brother, “You’re Jhun-hyung’s noona?”

The woman nodded, smiling a bit awkwardly.

“Ah, please come in,” stated Sora, waking up from his stupor, “Younghun-hyun is currently in his room, he should be out in a few seconds.”

The woman nodded and stepped into the dorm, being trailed by the little boy who was shyly glancing at Sora through his bangs. Sora shifted on his feet a bit before closing the door behind the trio and moving into the dorms. The male jumped as he spun and came face to face with the cleaned up Younghun who was scowling a bit – probably having just scolded Minhyun for the mess the younger had made earlier. Before Sora could say anything, the leader’s sister was on the 93er, handing him the sleeping girl in her arms, which automatically latched onto to man. The little boy’s face lit up upon seeing his uncle and he ran to the male, happily latching onto his leg. Sora stood in shock as the woman spoke rapidly to the leader, handing him the two overnight bags for her children before hastily leaving.

“What just happened?” muttered Sora, his mind trying hard to catch up with what had just unfolded within a mere two minutes.

“Well, my sister just shoved her children onto us,” stated Younghun, smirking in amusement as he shifted his niece in his arms as the girl groggily blinked at him from where she had woken up to the slam of the front door, “She also told me everything I need to do for her children before they go to bed and after they wake up tomorrow.”

“If you understood that, it’s no surprise that you can understand Sora all the time,” muttered the magnae from where he had been sitting on the couch studying for school that was to resume in less than a month.

“I don’t speak that quickly,” muttered Sora, pouting lightly and making Woojung chuckle lightly.

“But you do go into Japanese when you are excited,” stated Woojung in amusement.

“I do?” muttered Sora, looking up as he thought about it.

“You do,” stated Younghun, situating himself in a chair and setting his niece and nephew’s bag beside the chair as he beckoned the young boy to climb onto his lap as his niece buried her face further into his shoulder, “Exactly like how my sister went into speaking Mandarin.”

Sora looked a bit embarrassed at the fact that he could not recall such a fact.

“Yeah,” responded Younghun in amusement, “However, even in her language switch she spoke faster than you usually do.”

Sora frowned, not really knowing whether or not they were saying that it was a good or bad thing.

“She did speak faster than Sora does,” muttered Younghun to Xue before stating, “Also, guys, I don’t remember if I’ve introduced you all to these guys, but this is my nephew Jong Suk and my niece Soo Mi…Jong Suk, these people are my band mates Sora, Woojung, and Xue – Shin went out for a little bit, however, Minhyun is in the kitchen.”

“Is he making food?” questioned the six year old, his eyes and mouth wide, earning laughter from Sora.

“For himself,” stated Younghun.

“I want food,” muttered the six year old, pouting slightly before looking towards his uncle, “Do you have any candy?”

Younghun shook his head and ruffled his nephew’s hair, “If you wait a little longer until your sister is done with her nap I’ll make you food, alright?”

The boy nodded and then turned his attention towards the other three members that sat on the couch, peering at them rather creepily – staring at them without really blinking.

“What’s he doing?” muttered Sora, peering at the leader.

“Staring, obviously,” stated Woojung, causing the elder to roll his eyes and lightly slap his shoulder.

“You should invite your sister over, Jungie,” muttered Sora, “I know you miss her and haven’t been able to see her often and this is a perfect opportunity to do so.”

Woojung shrugged, leaning his head against Sora’s shoulder before stating, “She’s probably at her friend’s house.”

“Well, at least give her the option to come and join us,” stated Sora, “Well, come spend the night with you…and get to know us all better since we all haven’t met her well…”

“Yeah, it’s a good idea after all we already know about how you–“

Younghun fell silent with a smirk playing on his lips as Woojung turned to give him a death glare.

“We already know that you’ve been pretty depressed lately since you have been unable to see her,” stated Sora, “Plus, you’ve been really worrying about her recently, so this is a good opportunity to wipe away that concern and also an opportunity to visit with her – and bond with her, after all she isn’t going to be young forever and neither will you.”

Woojung sighed, but did not really think about what Sora had said as he almost automatically stated, “Alright, I’ll invite her over Sora, just don’t be surprised if she doesn’t come.”

Sora rolled his eyes slightly leaning against his lover as he stated, “I do believe you’ll be the one who is disappointed by the fact she did not come.”

 

Half an hour later, the doorbell chimed but went unheard by the group of males who were happily playing with the very verbal six-year-old and a shy four year old that had stayed latched onto her uncle despite the fact that Sora was the one playing with her. Shin and Xue watched Sora play with the duo in amusement, especially as the two children had both their leader and Woojung acting as some sort of animal. As the doorbell rang again, Minhyun stood from where he was sitting at the table in the kitchen watching the chaos going on in the next room over and moved towards it rather grumpily.

As he swung the door open, his scowl grew as he looked at the girl that stood in the hall waiting to come into the dorm, “Annyeong lazy-ahjusshi!”

Minhyun’s eyebrow twitched, “I’m not an ahjusshi!”

“We’ve already established that you are an old, smelly man!” sputtered the girl.

“I’m not even that old! I’m in my twenties!” growled Minhyun, his eye narrowing even more.

The girl then responded, “We’ve already established this before, you look old.”

“Yah!” growled Minhyun, finally earning the attention of the other members who sat in the living room. Woojung’s head shot up from where he was watching the six year old bicker with Sora about some toy the boy had brought with him.

“Soojung,” stated Woojung, standing up and pushing Minhyun away lightly, “I’m glad you arrived here safely.”

“Oppa!” cried Soojung in excitement, wrapping her arms around her brother’s waste and hugging him, “Believe it or not, but grandma actually brought me here personally.”

Woojung stared at her in disbelief, “Really?”

The little girl nodded as her gaze then trailed to the living room to see Sora staring at her and by his side a six and four year old.

“I think this is our cue to leave,” stated Shin, peering at the other members as he stood up from the couch, “Ha Joon and I are going to go out for a little bit there are a few things we need to talk about and seeing as how it’s going to be rather noisy in here, we’re going to go a head and go.”

Younghun nodded, motioning for them to leave as his niece climbed back into his lap again, “Go ahead.”

With that, Shin stood from where he was sitting on the couch and pulled Xue towards the door with him, where they both slipped into their shoes and jackets.

“Ah, before you go,” stated Woojung, “Soojung, this is Shin and Xue. Shin-hyung, Xue, this is Soojung.”

The girl nodded towards the duo who greeted her politely before leaving to go where ever their destination was. Once the two were gone, the door to the apartment was closed; Woojung escorted his sister farther into the apartment to introduce her to Sora and Younghun.

 

Xue sat silently across from Shin in the booth at the restaurant the two had stopped by for dinner, while the older male sat before him staring straight at him, he kept his eyes adverted.  He didn’t want to face the older male; he did not want to talk about the topic that was bound to come up with the approach of the resuming of school.

“Have you got anymore harassing messages?” questioned Shin, smiling towards the waitress as she finally brought them both their drinks, “Have they stopped you on your way into the company?”

Xue paused, “Hyung, I can deal with them myself.”

“Ha Joon-ah,” muttered Shin, “whatever you are doing does not seem to be working. I know you like handling these sorts of things on your own, but this really needs to stop.”

Xue sighed but nodded, “I know that hyung, but what can I do?”

“Fight back?” muttered Shin.

“You know I’ve already done that hyung,” muttered Xue, despite how tired his eyes were, the meek smile still stayed on his lips as he finally made eye contact with Shin. The magnae’s fingers danced across the lid of his drink as he spoke again, “I really hate bothering you with this stuff…I know you’re busy and a bit stressed about our approaching comeback, but I don’t really know what to do anymore to be honest.”

“I say you change schools,” stated Shin.

Xue looked up in shock, “Wouldn’t that be running away from my problems?”

“It’d be leaving behind unneeded stress,” stated Shin calmly, smiling towards the precious magnae who was developing bags under his eyes already, “I know you are stressing out just as much as I am, but for a different reason than our comeback. You’re worried about what will happen when you return to school, you are worried about the response we’ll get for this next comeback, and you’re worried about bothering the rest of us.”

Ha Joon silently stared at the second oldest, considering every single one of the older male’s words as he carried on.

“I want to wipe away some of those worries and we can do that,” stated Shin, “by changing schools you will be able to get away from the stress that comes with being bullied, constantly targeted. Plus, by talking to me, you aren’t stressing me out and what is stressing Younghun-ah out isn’t your bullying problem, it’s you keeping silent about it.” Xue peered up at the older male in slight shock, “Just like how it is bothering me. We’re both worried about your well-being. Ha Joon, you have quite a bit of stress due to being so much younger than the rest of us and being in the industry while also dealing with senior high…”

The younger nodded, resting his chin on his hand as he continued to stare at the older male who returned his gaze with one far more intense.

“That is really all you should be worrying about right now,” stated Shin, “We…I am here for you – if you need to talk about anything, I am always willing to listen – if you need help, please don’t just keep it to yourself out of fear of stressing me out because I can guarantee, it will not stress me out…It’s the same for Younghun as well.”

Ha Joon nodded, a radiant smile spreading across his lips as an odd feeling arose within his stomach, “Alright, hyung.”

Shin smiled and stated, “I’d like to see you smile like that more often.”

Ha Joon peered at the older male in slight confusion, but the corners of his lips turned up into a bright smile as he stated, “Hopefully with this transfer you were talking about it’ll come out more often.”

Shin smiled and gently patted the younger’s hand that rested on the table top, gently interlocking their fingers as he stated, “So, you’re willing to give the transfer a shot?”

Ha Joon nodded, “I’d like to turn my focus away from worrying about the next time I’ll be attacked back to working my hardest both in school and in the group…” The magnae pouted slightly, “After all, I’m lacking compared to hyungs.”

Shin chuckled, “You’re far from lacking Ha Joon. You’re one of the best vocalists in the group.”

“But I’m not the best,” stated Ha Joon cheekily, causing Shin to shake his head in amusement.

As Ha Joon pulled his hand out of the older male’s hold to take a sip of his drink, Shin could not help but to think about just how strong the younger was mentally to still be able to think optimistically after all the harsh words that had been spat at him by his so called peers in school.

 

Back at the dorms, Sora had quickly won the hearts of Jong Suk and Soo Mi – as well as Soojung, who had secretly been aware of her brother’s relationship with the male, despite her oppa trying his hardest to hide it. Sora had become completely immersed in playing with Younghun’s nephew and niece as Woojung spent some quality time with his younger sister – which they had not had in a while. As for the leader, he was in the kitchen working on the meal he was to serve to the five hungry children that waited in the next room with Minhyun attached to his hip. Minhyun had found his entertainment in staying away from the little demon known as Soojung – wanting to protect himself from a possibly harmful act towards him since the two did not have the best history – and annoying the oldest by latching onto the skinship hater and bothering the male about every little thing.  

Younghun sighed as he moved away from the stove and practically dragged Minhyun across the kitchen so that he could get a spice that he needed for one of the dishes, “Seriously, as much as I like you Minhyun-ah, what the hell is going on with you? This is odd for you.”

“What?” responded Minhyun nonchalantly, peering over Younghun’s shoulder as the elder dragged him back to the stove.

“Yesterday you avoided me like I carried the plague, flinching away from me even if our hands simply brushed against each other, but now you’re latched onto me,” stated Younghun, “What is going on?”

“Nothing,” retorted Minhyun, his eye narrowing a bit as he rested his chin on the older male’s tense shoulder, “What is wrong with you though?” The youngest 93-liner’s fingers slipped under the Younghun’s shirt and danced across the male’s tensed abdominal muscles, “Why are you so tense?”

“Wouldn’t you be tense if the person you’ve confessed to countless times decided to tease you?” questioned Younghun, an amused smirk playing on the corner of his lip as he looked towards Minhyun, trying hard to ignore the centimeters of air that rested between their faces. However, the smirk fell as he turned his attention back towards the food, “Or it could simply be because I despise skinship.”

Minhyun felt his body heat up at the first part of the older male’s words and his scowl grow with the second half, “Why do you keep doing that?”

“What?” responded Younghun innocently, knowing that the younger was talking about the sudden and random confessions he kept bluntly saying to the younger.

“Just hook up already!” called Sora in exasperation as he walked into the kitchen with Jong Suk and Soo Mi following close behind him like two little ducklings following their mother.

The Soo Mi’s smile slowly turned into a scowl as her eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed as she stared at Minhyun – who was too close to her uncle for her liking, “Get off oppa!”

Sora looked at the young girl and tried hard not to laugh. Younghun on the other hand stared at the girl in shock because he had never heard his niece speak in such a way. The volume of the little girl’s cry attracted the attention of Woojung and Soojung – who both stared blankly  at Minhyun who continued to hug Younghun from behind while looking straight into the four year old’s eyes.

“Wow, there is someone that likes lazy ahjusshi,” stated Soojung, causing Minhyun to turn his glare towards her. Younghun smirked in amusement before forcing Minhyun to leg go of him as he broke the rather tense silence that had fallen over the group.

“Dinner is ready.”

As soon as the words left the man’s lips and the final dish was set on the table, the other inhabitants of the dorms situated themselves around the table. As Younghun settled down in his seat, Soo Mi climbed into his lap and Jong Suk pressed himself to his uncle’s side in anticipation as the man filled his plate. Soo Min on the other hand curled up on Younghun’s lap but kept her glared directed towards Minhyun – who had been far too close to her uncle for her liking.

The dinner went relatively normal, Woo Jung’s sister merrily told stories about Woojung upon Sora’s request. Sora also convinced Jong Suk to talk his sister into calling Minhyun a name he had come up with. However, Soo Mi refused to call the male the name though in fear of being scolded by Younghun and then later by her eomma.

Sora looked towards Soo Mi, motioning for the little girl to call Minhyun the name, however, the little girl shook her head, wrapping her arms around her uncle’s neck and nearly causing him to choke. Younghun looked from his niece to Sora as his coughing fit subsided, he could see the mischievous glint in the younger’s eyes.

“What is going on Sora?”

“Nothing hyung,” responded Sora, who was in the process of fetching himself another glass of water.

“Right, Sora.”

“Seriously, it’s nothing hyung.”

“You honestly expect me to believe that?”

Sora nodded, “I expect you to believe it because it’s true.”

“Right,” retorted Younghun skeptically.

“I’m being honest.”

“Sora, you’re a horrible liar,” responded Woojung in amusement.

Sora glared towards his lover, pouting slightly. However, his frown soon became a broad smiled as Younghun’s niece finally called for Minhyun.

“Jealous ahjusshi, pass the meat,” muttered the little girl timidly, causing laughter to erupt within the group who had been surrounding the table.

“Why am I being called jealous ahjusshi now?!” growled Minhyun in exasperation, “I’m not jealous, nor am I old!” 

 

Sorry for such the long and boring chapter - sorry for the poor grammar in some portions as well...I'm sorry that it is probably crappy and a bit random, but I've been drowning in school work recently and like the last chapter, this has been written through a period of about three weeks - so, it might be a bit choppy because it was written in more than one sitting. Plus, the longer it took me to write the worse it seemed to get. 

Again, I'm sorry for the past two crappy chapters *bows*.