Chapter Five

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

After the eight on Chunji’s team were dressed, the VJ in the room with them handed them four walkie talkies, which made them all freeze up.

“There are four walkie talkies and eight of us,” stated Chunji, “So, we are going to split up into groups of two to search – it’ll provide more protection for when we do get the flag and it’ll allow us to take the flag from the other team easier.”

The boys nodded and Minseok spoke up, “How exactly are we going to split up?”

“That is a good question,” stated Chunji, “We should put Shin and Jhun – who I heard both have histories in sports – in separate groups.”

“I’ll go with you,” stated Younghun, looking towards the male he had known since before Teen Top had debuted.

“I don’t want to be paired with you,” stated Chunji, “I already know you pretty well, I want to be with someone I don’t know – which also means that Min, L.Joe, and Minki are out of question.”

“That also leaves you with me and Shin,” stated Minseok, “Then there is also Jay.”

Chunji didn’t take too long to think over it, “I’m going with Shin.”

“I’ll go with L.Joe,” stated Minhyun, out of the blue.

Chunji turned towards him and smiled widely, “Alright then.”

“How are we going to divide the last group?” asked Younghun.

“We’re going to put you with the person closest to you in height, so Jhun is with Len and then Jay is with Minki,” stated Chunji.

“Can’t I be with someone else?” asked Younghun.

“Why, you don’t like Len?” questioned Chunji.

“It’s not that I don’t like him,” stated Younghun before getting cut off by Chunji.

“Then you should have no problem teaming up with him.”

Younghun sighed and gave up trying change partners and took the walkie talkie that the Teen Top member handed him. He then looked at the others to see that they were already standing at the door – anticipating when they would finally be allowed out of the room to start their search.

 

In the other base, they had already split up into teams after much bickering between Ricky and Niel. The pairs were Woojung and Niel, Changjo and Chris, HaJoon with CAP, and Sora with Ricky since they decided that they wanted to pair the Spectrum members with a Teen Top member since there were four people from each group on their team.

“Everyone has a walkie talkie, right?” questioned Niel from where he stood beside Woojung, who was sitting at one of the desks, his head resting on his arm with his eyes closed – making all of those in the room believe that he was sleeping, which was what he wanted to do.

“We have one,” stated Changjo, Chris nodded from where he stood by the younger at the entrance of the class room – both boys just wanted to get out of the room and start their search.

“I have one as well,” stated CAP, raising his walkie talkie so that it was visible to Niel since the eldest member of the team was sitting on the floor with Ha Joon and both were blocked by the desks.

“Then this must be Sora and Ricky’s,” stated Niel, moving to the pair who were too busy talking their heads off to notice that they had forgotten their walkie talkie in another area of the room, “Guys, be sure to keep this with you.”

The 94er and 95er looked at Niel for a second before turning back to each other and continuing their question – Niel probably would’ve joined in their conversation, but he was too focused on winning the game.

Just as Niel made it back to Woojung’s side, the bell chimed, alerting them that they could leave the room and start their search since the game had begun. Almost as soon as the bell chimed, Changjo and Chris were moving out of the room – the other three pairs moved at a slower pace, but were out of the room within thirty seconds of the bell ringing. As the boys moved out of the room, the pairs moved in separate directions, telling each other that they would communicate over the walkie talkie if they located a flag pole or the flag itself. As for Chunji’s team there wasn’t much communication as they moved out of their base.

 

It was already ten minutes into the game and no one on Chunji’s team had caught sight of the flag. Minseok and Younghun walked down a silent hall which Minseok’s voice echoed through as he talked about pointless topics to Younghun – who chose to be silent as his eyes scanned the area, pretty much ignoring Minseok’s words only nodding or humming in response when Minseok looked towards him and stopped question – which was rarely.

“Minseok be quiet,” stated Younghun.

“What?” questioned Minseok, only to get his mouth covered by the palm of the elder male’s hand – the younger squirmed, letting out muffled protests.

The older male looked at the younger again, “Be quiet and I‘ll uncover your mouth.”

Minseok looked at the older in slight anger – his face scrunching up a bit; however he stayed silent and was happy when the elder pulled away his hand as he had stated he would. The silence was getting to Minseok as they walked – he walked rather loudly while the older was walking lightly on his feet which brought the elder, who was walking a head of the younger to turn around and repeat his previous demands.

“Be quiet.”

Once the older male turned around again, Minseok made a childish face and continued to walk – this time a lot quieter.  When he got to the corner where Younghun had stopped, he understood why the elder had told him to be quiet – he could hear four members of Niel’s team talking about who had the flag and where they were at.

Younghun looked at Minseok, who had pulled out his walkie talkie, “Don’t talk to anyone.”

“Why? Shouldn’t we let the others know that CAP and Xue have the flag?” asked Minseok.

“No.”

“Why?” questioned the younger again.

“Because they don’t actually have it,” stated Younghun, “Niel does.”

“How do you know that?” questioned the younger.

Younghun sighed, “Call the others up here.”

Minseok nodded, opening his mouth.

“Quietly,” reprimanded Younghun, “You’ve already let them know we’re here, so they are trying to trick us – we can’t let them know that we know they are lying. We have to make it so that they think that we bought their lie and went to get CAP and Xue.”

Minseok nodded, smiling at the elder before speaking quietly into the walkie talkie while Younghun kept his ears open and listened to the meeting between Niel, Woojung, Changjo, and Chris. He also eyed their reflection in the window so he knew if they were going to run.

 

Min and L.Joe were wondering through another hall in the school, it had been decided that the two would be the ones to continue to look for the flag pole with Minki and Jay while Chunji and Shin went up to the second floor to aid Younghun and Minseok in getting ahold of the flag – which had been in the other team’s possession for a majority of the ten minutes.

“There is a flag pole over there,” stated Min, nonchalantly.

“Where?” questioned L.Joe, looking around the entrance of the room which was filled with aisles of lockers.

“Look over the top of the lockers, you can see the tip of a pole,” stated Minhyun.

“I see nothing over the lockers,” stated L.Joe, “I don’t see anything there at all.”

“That’s because you are short,” shot Minhyun, moving towards where he had seen the tip of the pole, losing sight of the tip as he moved closer to the lockers.

“I’m not too much shorter than you,” shot back L.Joe.

Minhyun looked at L.Joe, “So, you are still shorter aren’t you? So in turn you are still short.”

“I am not,” muttered L.Joe, “I’m average size.”

“For a midget,” added Minhyun under his breath, his arrogance was slowly rubbing L.Joe the wrong way.

“What was that?”

“Oh, nothing,” stated Minhyun, heading into the final row of lockers and turning to face the other 93er as he came around the corner, “I told you there was a flag pole here.”

“Is that one of the ones we’re looking for though?”

Minhyun looked at L.Joe like he had grown a second head, “Obviously, why else would the pole be blue?”

L.Joe shrugged, “Alright, so you were right, there was a flag pole here. We should probably tell the others that we found –”

“That I found,” corrected Minhyun.

“That you found the flag pole,” stated L.Joe, trying hard to hold back his aggravation – trying hard to hide it.

Minhyun smiled and pulled out his walkie talkie.

 

Minki and Jay walked down the hall in silence – their trip around the school had been like that the whole time and the VJ was worried about the two not getting any screen time because of the thick silence that seemed to hang over the duos head. Minki was practically attached to the younger’s arm, but the younger never complained once as they trekked through the empty school – only locating white flag poles, which they knew were not theirs.

“Do you think there are any blue flagpoles?” asked Jay, finally breaking the silence that had hung over the duo’s head for over ten minutes.

“Maybe,” muttered Minki, “There obviously isn’t any in this area.”

The younger nodded, pouting, “Why did we get stuck with job? Why couldn’t we have helped them get the flag?”

“Not to be offensive, Jay, but I don’t the two of us could really help them,” stated Minki, “The again we probably could if they gave us a chance.”

The younger nodded, being slightly affected by the awkwardness the elder male let off as they moved down the halls.

“Want to go back to being quiet?” asked Minki suddenly.

Jay nodded, not really knowing what to say to the awkward elder.

 

With the group that held the flag, the four were tense as they stood in the halls – they were trapped in a dead end, although their predators didn’t realize it. The four really hoped that the duo had fallen for their trap and left to chase after CAP and Xue.

“Do you think they bought it?” asked Chris.

“I don’t know since I didn’t see who was with Minseok,” stated Niel in response, he turned towards Woo Jung and Changjo, “Did either of you see who was with Minseok?”

The two shook their head, and Changjo stated, “We did not.”

“Well, this is a problem – whether they bought it or not depends on who he’s with,” stated Niel, “We’re screwed if it’s Jhun or Shin – I know Jhun is observant through personal experience, however, I heard that Shin is pretty observant as well. Plus, if he’s with Chunji it’d be a problem as well.”

Changjo nodded, “Let’s just hope it wasn’t one of those three.”

“Guys, I just saw someone’s reflections in that window,” stated Chris, pointing towards the window, making the other three spin on their heels and look at it, only to see that there was indeed silhouettes reflected in the window.

“We’re screwed,” muttered Niel, “They didn’t buy our excuse.”

“We only have one option left then,” muttered Changjo, who had a hold of the flag since he had been the one to find it three minutes into the game.

“What is that?” asked Niel.

Woo Jung watched the trio and listened in on their conversation from where he stood, leaning against the wall – his arms folded over his chest.

“RUN!” cried Chris.

The four took off down the hall – heading in the direction they had come from and in the direction where the two members of the other team were waiting. They all easily broke through the unsuspecting group – however, the duo from the other team kept up with their pace and were on their tail – both boys were gaining on them.

Just as the four saw their chances of an escape growing, Chunji and Shin appeared before them crushing the possibility and making it very slim. Younghun and Minseok moved in from the back while Chunji and Shin moved in from the front. There was some sort of silent communication going on between the group because Chunji and Shin nodded towards Younghun and Minseok as the four moving in towards their pray – all of their eyes set on Changjo who had his hands clasped tightly in the fabric.

Younghun and Shin lunged forward – followed by Chunji while Minseok waited for a couple of second before attacking. The three’s attack had got the four off guard and allowed Minseok to sneak in and pull the flag from Changjo’s grasp before running away – Chunji following behind the younger as Shin and Younghun stood in the hallway, purposely blocking the four members of the other team and preventing them from chasing after the duo.

 

CAP and Xue were sitting leisurely in a room by a white flag pole – they had let the other members know of its location and were supposed to be awaiting the fours’ arrival with the flag, however, five minutes turned to ten and the others still weren’t in the room. Forty minutes remained in the game and he was worried that his team would be unable to get the flag in time – however, he decided to stay by the barren flag pole and wait for them because surely they’d come.

“Hey, should we go help them?” questioned CAP, looking at Ha Joon, “Or at least look for them – they should’ve been here already.”

Xue shrugged.

CAP looked at the younger male and thought about what he really wanted to do and stretched out more, “I think I’ll pass, what about you?”

Ha Joon shrugged again, “It really doesn’t matter to me.”

CAP smiled towards the younger and laid flat on the floor closing his eyes, “They’ll probably need directions to get to the room; after all, it’s the only flag pole we’ve found.”

 

Sora walked beside Ricky, both males were still talking nosily, not really looking for the flag poles or paying attention to what was going on around them – completely ignore the screams that they could hear echoing through the stairwell, as well as being completely oblivious to the fact that Minseok and Chunji had raced down the stairs past them.

“What was that?” muttered Sora, turning towards the staircase to see that Younghun and Shin were running down the stairs as well, soon followed by the group of four who had previously stated they had, had the flag.

“What is going on?” questioned Ricky.

“They stole the flag!” called Chris, as he and the others raced down the stairs, soon to be followed by Sora and Ricky , who – for the first time since the game had started – had finally fallen quiet.

The race continued and Sora noticed exactly to where the group was heading – a flag pole, however just as they arrived in the entrance area of the school the group of floor split into their pairs again, Minseok and Chunji heading one way and Shin and Younghun heading the other – both heading to locations where there were blue flag poles.

“Who has the flag?” asked Sora.

“Minseok!” replied Chris, since Niel and Woojung were too far ahead to hear the male’s rather quiet question.

“Are you guys sure?” questioned Sora, “It looked like Shin had a hold of something.”

“We’re positive,” stated Changjo, “Minseok had taken the flag from me and they have had no time to change the person who is holding the flag – so it has to be Minseok.”

Sora looked back towards where he had previously seen Shin and Younghun go before turning his attention back towards chasing Minseok and Chunji – who when they finally found, had met up with Jay and Minki at the blue flag pole however, there was no flag and not one of them made the move to hang the flag. As the six on the white team stood in confusion staring at the group of four members from the blue team an announcement echoed through the halls of the school:

“The flag has been hung. The flag has been hung by the blue team.”

The announcements lead to the group of six white team members to back track and head in the direction they had previously seen Shin and Younghun heading – knowing that they had to get the flag off within sixty seconds of it being hung or it would be game over. The members of the white team felt their hearts pounding in their chest as they arrived at the flagpole with twenty seconds remaining in the minute. There were six of the white team members against the whole blue team – the odds were a little off, but the white team refused to let it end with the other team’s victory so they all went into an all-out battle – Woojung ended up getting a break through and snatched the flag, quickly pushing through the eight blue team members who had started after him and up the stairs, heading to the only white flagpole the white team knew the location of. Both the blue team and his own team were on his tail, so he pushed himself hard and hoped that he could get it hung before it got stolen again.

He made it into the room with the flag pole and started to hang it up – only for it to get stolen by Shin again. Shin looked towards his group members to see that they all were preoccupied but Younghun, who was standing right in the doorway that was not guarded by a member of the white team. The second oldest Spectrum member tossed the cloth towards the older male – praying that the oldest would catch it – which he did.

As soon as Younghun had ahold of the flag he was out of the room and finding a place to hide from the white team members who were all determined now since both teams had come close to winning the game but had victory taken from them. By the time both teams recovered from their shock Younghun was nowhere in their view, however, the blue team could communicate with him and learn of his location because the oldest Spectrum member had remembered to take a walkie talkie with him – he had previously taken it from Minseok, who hadn’t noticed until the team exited the classroom to start their search for the male.

“Where are you?” asked Chunji, speaking into his walkie talkie, the others following and being sure to watch out for the other team.

They all heard a fuzzy response.

“What was that?” asked Chunji, looking at the walkie talkie.

“Ro…of…” came the response.

“How?” muttered Jay, curiously.

“I’m not up there…yet. I’m on my way there though, it’s a good place to hide out right now,” stated Younghun.

“How do you know that you can get up there?” questioned Minseok.

“I was just going to try,” stated Younghun, “If it isn’t open I’ll tell you all and change the meeting location.”

The others all hummed and Shin stated, “We only have twenty minutes left.”

“So we need to either keep possession or put it on a flag pole for a minute?” stated Minki.

The others all nodded, moving in different directions before finally climbing the stairs to the roof and exiting the building. As soon as they stepped onto the roof, they looked around for the oldest member, who was nowhere in sight.

“Where is he?” asked Chunji.

“Here,” stated Younghun, appearing from a corner of the roof.

“Does anyone have a plan as to what we should do now?” asked Chunji, looking at the other members of the team. The seven shook their head and Chunji sighed.

“We could just hang out here,” stated Shin, “I honestly know if they’ll be able to find us.”

“We should at least send Younghun out since they know he has the flag,” stated Minseok.

“You do realize if I go out, your do to, since we’re supposed to be partners, right?”

“Technically I don’t, considering they think you are running around by yourself,” responded Minseok.

“I honestly think that, that is a good idea,” stated Chunji suddenly, “Jhun, give me the flag and take off your jacket it and hide it under your shirt.”

Younghun turned towards Chunji, “Let me guess, you want me to run through the halls with it hidden under my shirt, while you all sit up here and be lazy?”

Chunji nodded, smiling, “Pretty much.”

Younghun sighed, “Why should I do this?”

“You’re the oldest of our team,” stated Chunji.

Jay then added cutely, “You’re our hyung and you like to do things for us.”

“Do I have to?” asked Younghun, sounding a little childish.

“Yes,” chorused the seven.

Younghun sighed, slipping off his jacket after handing the flag to Chunji, “The things I do for you all.”

“It’s not like we’re telling you to dress in a dress,” stated Chunji, pushing Younghun towards the stairwell cheekily. Younghun groaned and walked down the stairs – heading all the way to the first floor.

 

Ten minutes passed and within the ten minutes, Younghun was tackled quite a few times by members of the white team who all seemed to fail at communicating through the walkie talkies they had been given at the start of the game.

“Younghun!” called Chunji, running towards the older 93er, holding out the flag, “Minseok and I got separated, take this.”

Younghun raised his hands and backed away, “I’ve had it in my grasp enough at this point.”

“Just take it,” hissed Chunji, forcing it into the elder’s tee-shirt – pulling out the elder’s jacket and running off on it – almost as soon as the exchange finished, Chunji took off again three white team members trailing after him.

 Younghun sighed, glaring at the lump in the front of his shirt, he moved away, being ignored by the members of the white team who hadn’t bothered to check him since they all believed that he wouldn’t have the flag.

Younghun entered a classroom and saw that Minhyun and L.Joe were lazily resting in it, the duo turned to look towards the oldest member of Spectrum who shoved the flag there way, “It’s not my responsibility anymore, you two can have it seeing as how you two have probably just sat here while the rest of us have been getting attacked.”

“I found it!” cried out Sora, suddenly sprinting into the room and stealing the flag from Younghun’s grip before sprinting off again.

Minhyun looked at Younghun, “Nice going.”

Younghun sighed, sitting down in a chair, “Hey, it’s not like you’ve done much of anything.”

 

Sora ran towards the group of white shirts, smiling towards Woojung, Niel, Changjo, Chris, HaJoon, CAP, and Ricky, “Let’s get this baby onto a flag pole.”

CAP smiled, “I can get us to one that they’ll have some fun trying to locate.”

“Let’s hope we can get here without being caught,” added Minki, “It probably won’t be all too good if we do get discovered by the other team, especially with so little time remaining.”

“Do you think that they all got bored or something?” asked Chris, curiously, “No one is following us, and it’s so quiet.”

“They probably got tired,” stated Niel, agreeing with the younger.

“Or they are planning our doom,” stated Changjo, the others laughing at his words.

“I highly doubt that is happening,” stated Xue, speaking for the first time in a while.

“How can you be so sure?” asked Changjo, smiling towards the other male.

Niel sighed, “Did you not realize we’re going against L.Joe – one of the people you don’t want on your team during games, plus they have Chunji who gets bored with this thing pretty quickly, plus Younghun who also gets quite bored of games like this after a while.”

“So in other words we’ve won this?” asked Changjo.

“Not exactly!” cried Minseok, jumping out of a classroom and tearing the flag from Sora’s grasp as the one minute warning went off.

“Get back with that!” cried Sora, giving chase to the other 94er, the two being trailed by the rest of the white team members and then there was Chunji coming to Minseok’s aid as well as Minki and Jayden. Shin was following close behind the trio and happily raced to catch the others.

 

Meanwhile, back on the floor above, Younghun smiled as he watched Minhyun and L.Joe walk rather glumly down the stairs and onto the floor – he had managed to get them to move out of the room.

“It because of you, you short idiot,” stated Minhyun.

“It’s not my fault you didn’t hide well enough,” stated L.Joe.

Minhyun rolled his eyes and sighed, however, as soon as the stepped into the main hall they saw the horde of others running after Minseok.

Minhyun glanced back at Younghun who pointed towards the horde, “Go.”

The younger 93 liner sighed and walked towards the horde of Teen Top/Spectrum members with L.Joe at his side and the oldest 93er moving towards the horde as well, the boys were all in the hall fighting for the flag, however the camera couldn’t catch who had it as the bell went off. However, from where the blue team seemed to be disappointed they knew that the white team had stolen it back within the last seconds of the game.

The boys then lined up and did the closing to the show before heading back to their separate dorms, hoping that the following week’s show would be nothing like how that one had been, that there wouldn’t be another show like that.

 

Double update, as stated before, like the previous chapter this will be edited in about eight hours considering that I've posted this before going to school...I'll fix my mistakes later, anyway, I hope you enjoyed the double update and the "first episode" of their show and I hope it makes up for being too busy to post in April...

Please understand, I've been really busy between school and sports that I've only be able to update at least a story at week - two at most. I promise the updates will come faster come June and the end of school, but please withstand me for a month longer. ^^

Again, I'd like to hear which characters you like the most so far, seeing that now you've gotten a better look at the ten's personalities.