Chapter One

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

It was a sunny and relatively warm spring day, while many people were out wondering the streets of the various districts of Seoul the trainees under Top Media were busy training in numerous different entertainment fields and languages. However, a few boys were busy with the second to last auditions for the company’s soon to debut band. The thirteen or so boys would be narrowed down the final ten depending on the results of the audition – from there they would have one final audition for the group, the ten would be fighting for the six spots. The tension between the boys would be high, but those in the company hoped that the ten would become closer through the competition – since they all would go through hardships together.

 

Once they had seen all of those in the second to last audition Andy, member of Shinhwa and founder of Top Media, sat with his three most trusted CEOs – one of whom was set to be their soon to debut group’s head manager. The Shinhwa member peered over the portfolios that sat before him as well as the papers that held the notes on the boys and scores of the boys from the audition and their ious auditions as well as their trainee exams. He read over all the papers nodding with somethings he agreed with about some of the trainees.

“It seems like this is going to be another difficult decision,” stated Andy, the others in the room nodded and Andy looked towards the male who would be participating as the group’s manager, “What do you think, Hyun Soo?”

“There all so talented and they all could add something unique to the group that the others won’t,” stated Hyun Soo.

“What do you think of Jung Younghun?”

“Younghun’s personality is good both on and off screen and he’s gotten good experience in front of cameras and during interviews from his acting career and he’ll help attract attention to the group with the popularity he has gained from his minor roles in all the dramas he’s been in. He’s a good actor, model, and has experience MCing, but his vocals are lacking – they’ve slipped since he has become so busy with his minor roles in dramas and the modeling career we threw at him – some people even ranked him as a level two singer,” stated Hyun Soo, “His dancing skills are still being affected by that injury he sustained back in 2010.”

Andy nodded, “His rapping has also gone downhill a bit as well from where we took away one of his rapping courses and replaced it with a semi-advanced acting class.”

Hyun Soo responded with another nodded, “He’s still boy band material though.”

“I never said he wasn’t,” responded Andy, “What of Nam Moo Shin?”

“He’s charismatic, which is something you need in the music industry,” stated Hyun Soo, “He like Younghun is lacking in singing, however they are on the same level in singing and dancing – however, Shin has more talents than Younghun. He has so many talents and a lot of achievements – so many that we can’t really name them all.”

Andy nodded in understanding, “It’s not like you need to name them all, after all, I know about him as well. What of Park Jaemin?”

“He’s about average singing, and is a little lacking in his rapping ability, but is a pretty good dancer to make up for it,” stated Hyun Soo, “He can play numerous instruments and he is a composer and he has been featured  in Noel’s music videos, so that might help us garner up some attention for the group.”

“That takes us to Minhyun,” stated Andy.

“His personality tends to rub the other trainees the wrong way, which has resulted in him getting into quite a bit of fights,” stated Hyun Soo, “His dancing skills are phenomenal though, and he is an average rapper and a decent singer. He has experience in modeling – despite how much he wants to deny it.”

Andy stifled back his laughter at the last comment before saying, “What about our last 93er, Hyunggi Winncott?”

“He has good singing skills and his dancing is a bout average, but don’t even have him attempt rap,” stated Hyun Soo, “I’m not trying to be rude, but he’s not the most talented rapper. He has skills in modeling.”

“That takes us to Minseok, our first 94er.”

“He has a phenomenal singing voice is an average dancer, and his rapping is decent,” stated Hyun Soo, “He is a good actor and can play the piano. He also has the entertaining talent known as impersonations; he used to be a trainee under both TS Entertainment and SM Entertainment. He has won multiple trainee contests in both of the companies because of his voice.”

“Gabriel Angeciel?”

“He is a phenomenal dancer and his singing is average while his rapping is decent,” stated Hyun Soo, “He’s made quite a bit of enemies as a trainee, however, he is quite the charmer – so it could add to the group. On top of that he has talents in acting and modeling.”

“Next for your evaluation is Wu Christopher,” stated Andy.

“He’s trained for about five to six years and is a decent singer, but he is a phenomenal rapper and an above average dancer,” stated Hyun Soo, “He’s able to rap in both Korean and Chinese, and he like many others is a talented actor and model. For the next one, Minami Sora – he is an above average singer and dancer; however, he’s a decent rapper. His talents are acting and DJing. He’s been training for five years now and was previously under cube and has experience in front of the camera from participating as a backup dancer for BAP, Secret, and Hello Venus.”

Andy nodded, “So, Song WooJung?”

“He’s an average singer and a decent dancer; however he makes up the lack of skills with his phenomenal rapping skills. He has a fairly popular music blog. He also models and wants to try acting,” stated Hyun Soo, “He was originally a trainee in YG with Minhyun, but he was dropped from the company before coming to join us at Top Media. After Woo Jung, there is Myong Jaejong – a 95er – who is an above average singer, an average dancer, and an above average rapper. He has talents in modeling and acting – although he hasn’t done either before. With that, we move on to our other 95er, Bang Minki. He’s an above average singer, an average dancer; however, he isn’t that good at rapping. He trained in SM Entertainment for four year before coming to join us in 2011.”

Andy hummed, “Which brings us to our 96er, Kang HaJoon.”

“He’s above average in both singing and dancing; he’s a decent rapper but not one you would want to perform live. He has a talent of playing the violin and he like a lot of the others is a talented model. Prior to being in our company he was in NH Media for two years,” stated Hyun Soo, “Which then leads to our final auditionee and the youngest trainee to participate in the auditions, Kim Jayden. Although he’s young, he’s trained for four years – he was under JYP Entertainment for two years before joining us back in 2011. He’s an average singer but is above average in both dancing and rapping. He too has a talent for acting and at one time had a minor role in Dream High. However, his acting career didn’t go too far. The thing that has brought him this far in the auditions is that he has great potential.”

Andy hummed, “That isn’t necessarily the whole reason he’s made it this far.”

Hyun Soo nodded in understanding, “I know.”

 

After a couple more minutes of discussing the boys, they discussed the ten who they were going to keep and about who they were going to turn away for the group. After those discussions were finished, Andy handed the finalized list – where the names of the ten boys who would participate in the final set of auditions were scribbled down – to Hyun Soo.

“Go call the final ten up here, after all in all due time six of the males will be your charges,” stated Andy, smiling towards the man, sending him out of the room.

About thirty minutes later, the male had returned to the room with ten slightly awkward males following behind him nervously – all afraid of what they would hear once they were inside the room.

 

Kekeke, sorry about the ending but I felt like being a troll. Plus, I'm deciding on who will get the last of the nine spots - there were really a lot of good applicants, however, only nine could be chosen at this time - and later that number will be cut down to five applicants so it's going to be even harder for me to choose. Especially since I'll probably be attached to the four I have to end up cutting. Anyway, the next chapter will reveal the nine applicants who made it through the first cut. 

As you all can tell the story has finally begun - oh, and the updates have been combined into one chapter and there is a possibly more might be added to the chapter for reasons like if I had to take a short haitus due to school or some other reason.