Chapter Sixty-One

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Two more nights and two more days passed in a blink of an eye, and the five not hospitalized Spectrum members spent Younghun’s second day in the hospital packing for their trip to Jeju, being sure to grab their things from the hotel room – being sure to not leave anything behind since they would not be returning to the hotel once they left. The third day of Younghun’s hospitalization came quickly and the five had arrived at the hospital with Hyunsoo and Jong Seok to pick the leader up so that they could head to Jeju. Hyunsoo with the aid of Minhyun had packed up Younghun’s hardly touched bags for him.

As the seven entered the hall of Younghun’s room, a nurse stopped before them and smiled widely as she stated, “I take it that you all are here to pick Younghun up.”

The seven nodded and Hyunsoo questioned, “Is he ready?”

“They took him in for one final chest x-ray to make sure it’s safe to send him home,” stated the nurse, “The inflammation in his lungs has gone down significantly but it still is believed to have caused an asthma attack yesterday when we took him off the nebulizer.”

“How severe was it?” inquired Minhyun.

“Not too severe,” replied the nurse, “It only went on for roughly three minutes and it wasn’t too bad, the emergency inhaler was enough to bring it to an end. However, it still worried the doctors. Oh, he’s already received an emergency inhaler to take with him in case he has an attack after he’s released. It’s nothing to serious, nothing to be too worried about.”

“Then why are the doctor’s worried?” retorted Minhyun.

“They feared that the anti-biotics had quit working and that his pneumonia had begun to return,” stated the nurse calmly, “Well, they feared that it had begun to get worse again.”

The seven nodded in response.

“Anyhow, they took him in to check the inflammation and to see if they needed to provide him with anymore anti-inflammatory medicine,” the nurse eyed Minhyun, who seemed to be glaring at her, “You all can wait for him in his room, he should be back in a couple of minutes.”

The seven nodded and entered the room, settling in on the various different chairs in that sat in the room, quietly talking to pass time as they waited for Younghun to be returned to his room. Their gaze turned towards the door as it opened to reveal Younghun being pushed into the room in a wheel chair by another nurse – a handsome young male, who appeared to be only a few years older than Younghun, Shin, and Minhyun. The handsome young male nurse and Younghun seemed to be in some sort of deep discussion, oblivious to the stares that were being sent their way as well as a glare. As soon as Younghun noticed the others in the room, a smile spread across his pale lips as he greeted the other five with a husky, still hardly there voice that sounded more like a croak.

“You seem to be feeling better,” stated Hyunsoo, relieved to see the leader already on the road for a fast recovery after a month of being sick.

Younghun hummed, “I’m feeling a lot better now. It’s a lot easier to breath now and I don’t have any more discomfort in my chest. However, it’s still a bit painful to breathe though and especially painful to cough, not to mention my throat hurts to talk and swallow due to how much I’ve been coughing here lately…”

“Though he feels better, he still has quite a ways to go until he’s fully recovered,” stated the male nurse, “He still has a bit of inflammation in his lungs, but not enough to be worried about. Plus, he still has some tightness in his chest muscles and neck and it may have something to do with his muscles in those areas being fatigued. Also, he may have some issues with his stamina for a while due to how serious his pneumonia was. Plus, there is still a threat of him having another asthma attack after that one that brought him here in the first place, so until we clear you to, no running or heavy-exercising, alright?”

The six members of Spectrum and their two managers nodded in understanding.

“Oh, even though he may begin to start feeling better, he must continue taking the antibiotics for the next ten days, following the directions on the label to assure all the bacterial strands of pneumonia in him are eradicated.”

The six Spectrum members nodded yet again as their managers zoned out.

“He has both his medicine and an emergency inhaler in his possession, so he should be able to get better on his own – if he rests like we’ve told him to,” stated the nurse.

“Alright,” responded Hyun Soo, wanting the nurse to be quiet already since the man kept repeating all the information they already knew and heard.

“Keep him indoors if it rains, we don’t want his pneumonia worsening or him to have another asthma attack,” claimed the nurse, “That’s it now…you all are free to go. Younghun has handled all the paper work.”

The eight nodded and the nurse left as Younghun stood up, still feeling rather weak as he moved towards the hospital bed – not willing to admit just how weak he felt though.

“Minhyun has your change of clothes,” stated Hyun Soo, “We’ll wait for you both down in the lobby, alright? So, hurry up and change.”

Younghun hummed and watched as Hyun Soo walked out followed by Jong Seok, Shin, Woojung, Sora, and Xue – leaving him alone in the room with Minhyun, who held folded clothes within his arms. Younghun silently took the clothes with slightly trembling hands as he tried to ignore the scratchiness in his throat, tried to ignore his need to cough as Minhyun analyzed his movements.

“You’re a lot weaker than you let on, huh?” inquired Minhyun, raising an eyebrow as he watched Younghun struggle to untie the strings holding the hospital gown shut.

Younghun looked at Minhyun, his eyes showing his exhaustion as his pale lips spread into a tight smile, “I can handle it Minhyun.”

Minhyun rolled his eyes and whispered, “Don’t try to act in front of me, I can read you better than you think I can.”

Younghun sighed.

“So, you are a lot weaker right now than you’d like us to believe, right?”

Younghun nodded a bit reluctantly, “My whole body feels a bit weighed down; exhausted…I don’t really want to move.”

Minhyun hummed in understanding, stepping close to the elder, who looked down at him in slight shock. The third oldest of Spectrum happily set his hand down on Younghun’s chest, pushing him lightly – forcing him to step back – until he tripped and sat on his hospital bed. Minhyun’s hands traced over the well sculpted torso and abdominal muscles through the thin cloth of the hospital gown that hid it.

“Don’t tell the members of what I’m about to do, alright?” questioned Minhyun, earning a raised eyebrow from Younghun.

“What are you about to do?” questioned Younghun, wincing as he broke into a short coughing fit that was over in mere seconds.

“I’m helping you since you’re obviously too weak to even change yourself,” muttered Minhyun, staring at Younghun, who had been watching him intently – curious as to what the younger was doing.

“Correction, I can do it myself – I’m not too weak to, I’m just too tired too,” mumbled Younghun, his drooping eyelids proving that fact.

Minhyun laughed lightly at the elder’s protests, “You are like a little kid.”

“Am not,” responded Younghun, glaring at Minhyun.

Minhyun carried on laughing as he reached for the strings, only to have his hands gently slapped away. The younger 93-liner looked at Younghun in shock, messaging his hardly stinging hands and acting as though he was actually in a lot of pain.

“I’m just trying to help,” stated Minhyun, earning a slight look of aggravation from Younghun who only succeeded in making the knot worse.

“Damn it all…” muttered Younghun.

“You alright?” questioned Minhyun in concern as he stepped forward, worry showing on his brows as he yet again reached for the knot.

Younghun sighed, “My body isn’t listening to my brain very well.”

“From the medicine I take it?”

Younghun nodded in aggravation, finally just giving up on getting the gown off himself, he leaned back a bit, using his arms to keep himself up in a sitting position, making it easy for Minhyun to see the not in the front of the shirt. Minhyun sighed as the knot refused to budge, but eventually he got it done and watched as the two sides of the shirt loosened and the shirt fell off Younghun’s shoulder slightly.

Younghun sat up and helped Minhyun get the fabric off before he grabbed the shirt from Minhyun and slipped it over his shoulders, fumbling with the buttons for a little bit before Minhyun took over for him.

“You really are having quite a bit of issues right now, aren’t you?” muttered Minhyun as Younghun nodded drowsily, coughing into his hand yet again. As he buttoned the final button, Minhyun looked at Younghun, “Are you going to be able to change your own pants?”

Younghun hummed and stood up, wondering into the bathroom after taking the bundled clothes from the younger. A couple of minutes later, Younghun stumbled into the room and grabbed the small bag that had been brought to the hospital for him, only for Minhyun to take the bag from him.

“I can carry it myself,” muttered Younghun.

“Let me be nice for once,” stated Minhyun, “Also, don’t mention anything before this point to the other members, okay?”

Younghun nodded but sighed, following Minhyun out of the room as the younger headed towards the lobby of the hospital.

 

Meanwhile, in the lobby, the four other Spectrum members happily wondered around with Jong Seok as Hyun Soo got the car.

Woojung sighed looking at the clock on the wall and remembering the time of their flight, “What is taking them so long?”

“They are probably making up after that disagreement earlier this morning,” stated Shin, messaging Xue’ shoulders as the younger walked in front of him.

“Or making out,” chiming in Xue boredly.

“Why do you automatically assume they are doing something erted?” questioned Sora, raising an eyebrow at the magnae.

“Because I’ve heard strange noises in our dorm at night and I know it’s not Shin and I, so I just assumed it was the two of them seeing as how they are the two oldest and usually have the most tension between them,” stated Xue, his statement causing Sora to blush and slap Woojung, who just laughed. Ha Joon stared at the duo in a mixture of shock and horror, “It was you two?”

Shin laughed and patted Xue’s head, “Calm down already would you.”

“Why is this always a topic of conversation amongst the four of you?” mumbled a raspy voice that made the magnae and the other members jump in shock, they hadn’t seen their leader approaching their small group.

Xue flushed in embarrassment as he turned to look at Younghun who was staring back at him with a raised eyebrow and Minhyun who was smirking towards him.

 Xue opened his mouth to speak before Minhyun cut him off, “I really don’t understand why you all seem to be so interested in our relationship.”

Younghun nodded, “There isn’t anything that goes on in it anyways.”

Minhyun glared at the elder.

“What it’s the truth, Sora and Woojung have done way more than we have and I’m pretty sure our magnae and Shin have done more than us, more than they let on,” stated Younghun, his words causing all five of the other Spectrum members to start blush and Jong Seok to burst into laughter, “We always end up fighting.”

Minhyun glared and punched the still weak male’s chest without thinking, watching in concern as the male doubled over in a coughing fit.

“I love you too, Minhyun,” grasped out Younghun, messaging where the younger had punched him as the younger glared at him.

“You can carry your by yourself, ,” growled Minhyun tossing Younghun’s bag to the elder, who chuckled.

“Your relationship really has an odd dynamic,” muttered Sora, watching as Minhyun stalked off towards the entrance angrily.

“I know,” stated Younghun, chucking, clearly in a far better mood than he had been in recent weeks. Younghun smiled towards Sora before following after Minhyun. The other four looked at each other before following the oldest.

 

And thus the group returns to it's old dynamic, even if it is for a little bit.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. ^^