Chapter Fifty-Three

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Spectrum’s comeback stages were more successful than their last, they managed to claim number five in the top ten songs on the weekly charts – at least for their first week, a feat they hadn’t done before. All in all, they were as successful as they could be with the big name groups they were up against in their current promotion cycle.   Their full length album had managed to reach their highest number in sales so far, sure it still didn’t compare to the groups they were competing against in the industry at the current point in time, but it was a new, larger amount of albums being sold than before – both physically and digitally, proving that their popularity was still growing, even if it was by a little bit.

Anyhow, they were already in their second week of promotions and they had somehow managed to stay in the number five spot they had claimed in their first week. Anyhow, just like any other day, the boys found themselves backstage, preparing for their live stage on which they would only be performing “Wow” seeing as how the other song had been cut due to the large amount of artists that were to be featured in the show.

Younghun sat back in his chair in front of the mirror, his back towards the reflective surface as he glanced over his boys, who were interacting with their dressing room mates for the second week in a row – BTS, who were performing their final good-bye stage later that night. His eyes drifted towards Woojung and Shin who were happily conversing with Rap Monster, J-Hope, Jimin, and Suga while Xue stood off to the side with Jong Kook and V, their attention glued onto the television on SNSD’s ‘Mr.Mr.’ dry rehearsal for the day – already well acquainted from the times they shared a dressing room back in the summer of 2013, back when both groups had debuted. His gaze then landed on Minhyun, who was staring at him intently from across the room from where he was standing, talking to Jin about something – silently admiring the elder’s looks.

Younghun nodded before finally letting his gaze settle on Sora, who sat before a mirror – staring at himself, scrutinizing himself silently. The leader felt worry rise within him as he saw the 94er turn and examine the view from the side, frowning as he saw a small pouch of fat on his stomach. The leader had read the comments the haters had left on their music video and in their fan cafe, he had read all the comments – especially the ones that had proved to him that Sora was their target for their round of promotions.

Minhyun’s gaze turned towards Younghun and then towards the younger, sensing that something was up as he watched as Sora frowned at his reflection before turning his attention towards Woojung – staring at the younger sadly. Minhyun excused himself from the conversation he was having with Jin, moving across the room before advancing to the worried leader. He brought the leader’s attention towards himself as he gently set a hand on the elder’s thigh – a bit shyly now that they were actually in some sort of twisted relationship. He felt how tense the leader was and he could see the worry on the leader’s expressionless face – he saw it in the way his jaw was set. Minhyun cursed silently because he felt as though he was acting like a lovesick girl – it was so uncharacteristic...him being shy about skinship.

“What do you need Minhyun?” questioned Younghun, a little exasperated as he turned his attention towards Sora.

“What is up with him?”

“I guess even someone as confident as Sora can be eaten alive by the harsh words of the neitizens,” murmured Younghun, resting his chin in his hand as he stared intently at the younger male.

Minhyun hummed, “Their words don’t matter.”

Younghun peered at Minhyun stating, “They are actually a lot harder to ignore than you think.”

“You would know,” stated Minhyun arrogantly, regretting his words as the leader flinched away from him.

“Yeah, I would…” muttered Younghun, his voice trailing off as he continued to stare at one of his five charges, “I wonder…”

“What?”

“Nothing,” muttered Younghun, turning his attention to his maybe-lover, “Don’t worry about it, I was just talking to myself.”

Minhyun peered at him in curiosity.

Their attention was pulled away from each other as the runner opened the door to the dressing room, calling out BTS for their dry rehearsal. As soon as the seven males stepped out of the room, almost all the other Spectrum member’s attentions turned towards Minhyun and Younghun.

“There has to be something going on between you two,” stated Woojung, eyeing the two suspiciously, knowing that neither would admit there was anything going on, “You two have been too friendly towards each other lately…way too nice to each other.”

“Way too touchy if you ask me,” chimed in Shin, earning a nod from Xue in agreement.

“If I were you guys, I’d keep my nose out of other people’s business. Woojung, your attention should be directed elsewhere – on a more important matter and Xue and Shin, you two have your own relationship problems, so, stay out of ours,” muttered Minhyun, causing Woojung to stare at him in shock.

“Did I just hear you properly!?” muttered Woojung in shock, “Did you just admit to being in a relationship with Younghun-hyung?”

“No,” muttered Minhyun, exasperation obvious in his voice.

“But you didn’t deny it either…” stated Woojung.

“I’d focus on Sora if I were you,” stated Younghun, nodding towards the older of the two 94er, staring at the male in sadness as he saw the way the younger continued to silently scrutinize himself, so absorbed in it that he was completely oblivious to the others talking about him.

“I’ve already tried to talk to him,” stated Woojung, “However, when I’ve tried to talk to him about things such as his weight it either always ends up in a fight or with him closing up, which is something completely foreign to the Sora we know.”

Younghun nodded, knowing just how open the younger male was, “Could I barrow him for tonight?”

Woojung looked at the leader in shock, as did Minhyun.

“Why?”

“I think I know a way to open him up,” stated Younghun, “And if I can’t get him to open up, I know someone who will be able to without a doubt.”

Woojung nodded in understanding, “I guess you can, it’s not really up to me to decide though.”

“I know,” stated Younghun, grabbing ahold of Minhyun’s hand, intertwining their fingers despite the quiet protests of the younger 93er.

They all looked at him curiously, wondering just who the elder could be speaking about. Xue’s eyes widened in recognition, knowing who he was going to take Sora to see because it was the same person he had taken Xue to see when it came to his bullying problem the previous year. The person the leader had taken him to see a complete stranger, but she had helped him in many ways. She had helped him sort out his feelings toward a certain someone, helped him come to terms with the fact he liked another male, and most of all helped him deal with the emotional and mental turmoil of the bully’s vicious words. He knew that the woman had helped the leader through many hard times and he knew that she would probably be able to help Sora make it through this; after all, she had helped him with his problems alongside his hyungs.

“You’re going to take him to see Mi Young-noona, aren’t you?” questioned Xue.

Younghun nodded, smiling, “I’ve been asking her for some help on this and she told me to just bring him in to see her so she can understand the severity of it.”

Xue nodded in understanding, “I’m sure she’ll be able to help him.”

Younghun forced a smile onto his face, muttering, “I’m sure she’ll be able to as well, if he wants the help because first he has to realize that there is something wrong.”

“I think he already knows there is something wrong,” muttered Woojung, “Anyway, who is this Mi Young-noona of yours?”

Minhyun nodded, wanting to know of this woman that Younghun had spoken so fondly of – who he had held so close he had even taken the magnae to go see her.

“She’s a psychiatrist, isn’t she?” whispered Shin, “The one you talked about before?”

Younghun nodded, raising his wrist that was covered his watch, “The one I met because of this whole incident – the one that helped me through my angsty teenage years filled with hormonal imbalances.”

Shin hummed, “Alright, I know who she is now; Xue’s told me all about her.”

“Why haven’t I heard anything about her?” questioned Minhyun, “What incident involves your wrist?”

Younghun sighed, peering at Minhyun, “That is a story for another. Sora knows about her too…I’ve talked to him about this before a good few months ago.”

“Why haven’t you talked about it to me?” questioned Minhyun.

 “Because I’ve never had to,” responded Younghun, before turning his attention towards Woojung, “Don’t worry too much about him, alright?”

Woojung hummed and nodded, his gaze drifting back toward Sora.

Younghun looked towards Minhyun, who looked at him in curiosity, the leader sighed, “If you must know, I’ll tell you all about my history with her when I come back tonight with Sora – that is if you are still up.”

Minhyun nodded, frowning slightly. He then walked away, frowning in disgust as he realized that he was acting like a jealous teenage girl upon hearing that everyone but he seemed to know of this Mi Young-noona and Younghun’s past with her.

“Anyhow, you guys, let’s just focus on the performance ahead of us today,” stated Younghun, earning a collective hum from the other members of Spectrum, "We'll worry about that later - I'll take care of it later." 

 

So....long time no write/read? 

First off, I'm terribly sorry for being a crappy author.

I'm not talking about the fact my writing is imperfect (it's what makes me human), but because I hardly update - it's been seventeen days since I last posted a chapter...how are you all reading this story still? I really feel like a crummy author - again because I hardly update anymore, which will change for a little bit since I already have a good bit of this story written in a notebook.

Second off, School is a .

Yes, I know I've said it before and you'll probably hear me say it again. Anyhoo, school has kept me busy (all my teachers love giving me a crap load of homework and they all enjoy plotting together and making me have tests in all my classes on the same day. CONSTANTLY.) and it doesn't help that I'm on my school's Track and Field team (yeah, I'm one of those people). As written in my last AN for the previous chappie, I will be getting out of school in late May - well, it turns out I won't be done with track until May 22...so, yeah. There will continue being random updates until June - sorry... 

On a happier note, I finally updated!

Also, I want to let you all know that despite me not really ever talking to you all or replying to any of your comments or anything like that, I deeply appreciate you all - my lovely readers. I've realized I've never actually said it before but, really, I do appreciate each and every one of you.

So, yeah...

enough blabbering on...

Hope you enjoyed the chappie!!! <3