Chapter Thirty-Nine

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Younghun sat silently in the kitchen of the dorm, listening to the clock mark the seconds as they quickly ticked by as his eyes stayed glued to his script and his hands stayed glued to the warm mug of herbal tea. He sighed in aggravation as his phone rang for the umpteenth time in the past half an hour.

“What do you need Hyun Soo-hyung?” questioned Younghun politely, despite his growing aggravation.

“Get Minhyun’s up,” growled the elder, “That idiot isn’t sick as he says he is, he’s hung over.”

Younghun sighed, wondering how the elder found out,“Neh, hyung.”

“Younghun, I’m disappointed with you,” muttered Hyun Soo, making Younghun feel his heart drop into his chest, “for lying to me.”

“I know, hyung.”

“No,” muttered Hyun Soo, sounding genuinely angry, “you don’t. Get him up and have him come to the office ASAP, the director wants to see him personally.”

“Why?!”

“The idiot got into a fight last night,” growled out Hyun Soo, “I swear to god you all are either going to make my hair turn gray or you’re going to kill me - which ever comes first! First it was Woo Jung with enemies of his past beating you all up and sending you all to the hospital and now, not even weeks later Minhyun’s face is all over the magazines, newspapers, and television.”

“Why?” questioned Younghun, wincing as he sat up straight and his shoulder and abdomen protested to it, “What happened last night?”

“He got drunk and ended up punching some man in the club he had went to,” growled Hyun Soo, “I wouldn’t be complaining – we wouldn’t be angry if the idiot had been more responsible.”

Younghun felt his aggravation grow even more at the elder’s words and he ran his injured hand through his hair, ignoring the pain in his shoulder as he did so, “That damn fool.”

“He’s damn lucky that there is no proof he actually flirted with the other male,” growled Hyun Soo, “He’s damn lucky that the story came out with him as the victim. However, he’s still under fire for punching the man but at the same time people are happy he did so since the man had kissed him, but at the same time everyone is trying to figure out why he was in a club that was reowned for holding undercover gays...”

Younghun felt himself tense up at the news and tried hard to control himself as jealousy built up secretly within him upon hearing that another man had kissed the third oldest in Spectrum.

“Despite it having him as the victim, the director wants to talk to him about being responsible,” stated Hyun Soo, “He also wants to talk to you about keeping better track over the members – like he lectured me.”

Younghun sighed but hummed as well, “This isn’t the first time that he’s going to lecture me about this.”

“Which makes me afraid that this time is going to be worse than the previous...it makes me feel like there are going to be repercussions.” stated Hyun Soo, “He seemed genuinely furious at the two of us.”

Younghun sighed, “I’m sorry for this hyung, you shouldn’t have to be doing this – you shouldn’t have to be having to deal with this while you’re still dealing with our attackers. I’m sorry for being an irresponsible leader. I’ll be sure to keep a closer watch on the boys.”

“I-It’s already too late,” muttered Hyun Soo, “the CEOs who had talked to me about the director wanting to see you and Minhyun told me that they’re pretty sure that they are going to get more managers to keep an eye on the group – althought there is already enough for a six membered group. There is also something else...however, it would be better if I talked to you about it in person.”

“Are they going to replace you?” muttered Younghun in utter shock.

“I don’t think so,” muttered Hyun Soo, obviously being shaken up by the word 'replace', “but you never know. Anyway, I have to go – please get Minhyun up and hurry to the company.”

“Neh, hyungnim…Annyeong,” stated Younghun, hanging up the phone as he let out a deep sigh and set his mug on the counter top before making his way towards the bedroom. His eyebrows furrowed because of the headache he was getting from all the different things piling up on him. He had gone through years of therapy on how to handle and deal with stress, but with all that had been happening the stress only seemed to pile up even more.

Upon entering the room, Younghun pulled the blanket off Minhyun’s body, automatically getting a reaction from the younger as the chilly air of the apartment hit the exposed skin on the male’s torso and legs – had this been another time, he would’ve taken the time to bask in the beauty of the male before him, but he had no time - the director wanted to see them both as soon as they possibly could get to teh company.

“Minhyun, get your out of bed,” growled Younghun, his voice was the most stern it had ever been while talking to one of his group mates – he was having a problem controlling all the emotions that coursed through his veins, especially when it came to dealing with Minhyun, the cause of many of the emotions.

“Five more minutes,” muttered Minhyun, messaging his throbbing temples.

“Get your up now,” growled Younghun, his voice going the lowest it had ever been, laced with venom and anger, causing Minhyun to stir a bit – he had never heard the oldest Spectrum member speak in such a way before.

“Why?”

“Are you stupid?” muttered Younghun in disbelief.

“Not so loud,” muttered Minhyun, sitting up and groggily staring at the oldest.

“Just because I did something stupid last night doesn’t mean that you should go and do something stupid as well!” growled Younghun.

“What are you even talking about?” muttered Minhyun.

Younghun scoffed, he was about to yell at the younger again, but calmed himself down a little before grumpily muttering, “Get your dressed and go check out the news if you’d like to know.”

Minhyun peered at Younghun in curiosity, especially as the older male just grabbed a jacket to slip over his long sleeved tee-shirt and stepped out of the room. He quickly got up and dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a v-neck tee-shirt, rushing out into the living room to turn on the television, trying hard to ignore the nausea that overcame him as he did so. Upon turning on the television, he stared in shock at what had come up on the news channel. He flipped to different ones as he sat on the couch, rubbing his temples, shocked at what he was seeing.

“What overcame you to dance with another man so intimately in public?” muttered Younghun, his eyes glued onto the television as Minhyun looked towards the elder. Upon feeling the younger’s eyes on him, Younghun turned to stare Minhyun straight in the eyes – his eyes emotionless as he did so, “Better yet, what would possess you to go to a club like that?”

“You made me angry last night,” retorted Minhyun, trying to act as though he wasn’t bothered by the report.

“And so you ran to a club – not just any club – a club renowned for being a place where hidden gays meet,” muttered Younghun, trying hard to control the jealousy that came with his following words, “Grinded up against some man you didn’t even know and end up kissing him and then seconds later punching him like you had with me just hours before?”

“What’s it to you?” growled Minhyun, ignoring the way Younghun flinched with the words that followed, “So what if I go to the club and do stuff like that – doesn’t everybody at some point in their lives? Hell, you’ve even gotten drunk in public before, so what’s the big deal about it? Don’t get so angry at me just because I don’t like you!”

As soon as the words left his lips, Minhyun regretted letting them slip out – especially as he watched hurt paint over the leader’s face.

Younghun felt a dull ache in his chest and looked away from the younger before gaining control over himself again. Once he had a stoic expression again he poke in an eerily calm manner, “You’re right, I shouldn’t get so angry at you for things like that for personal reasons. I should, however, get mad at you as the leader of Spectrum.”

“Why?” growled Minhyun, getting aggravated, both at himself and at the elder – plus the hurt from the news was adding into it as well.

“Think about what you’ve thrown the group into,” growled Younghun, “Think about what you’ve thrown Shin, Sora, Woo Jung, and Xue into. Don't think about me or you, but of them.”

“Why is it just my fault?” muttered Minhyun, “It’s your fault for doing what you did last night!”

“I simply kissed you Minhyun,” yelled Younghun, causing Minhyun to freeze, it had been the first time the elder had ever yelled like that towards any of the members, “that is no f'ing reason for you to go out to a gay club!”

Minhyun stared at Younghun in shock, having not expected the elder to scream as he had.

“I might have been jealous upon hearing the news from Hyun Soo-hyung, I may have been initially as you described it,” stated Younghun, lowering his voice immensely, “however, right now, I’m thinking about it as a leader who wants to protect his dongseangs. Minhyun, think about it – you went to a gay club…think about how that reflects on the group, think about how that reflects on the company – on our hard working sunbaenim.”

Minhyun stared at Younghun, unable to comprehend why or how the elder kept suddenly going from being angry to eerily calm.

The elder took a deep breath, “Think about it while you’re at your individual training at the company.”

Minhyun’s eyes widened slightly in shock, didn’t he have to meet with the director.

“Don’t worry about the director, I’ll handle him because you are right, this incident was my responsibility and started with my stupid actions,” stated Younghun, slipping into his shoes and stopping as his hand landed on the handle of the door. With a deep breath – without looking back towards Minhyun – and stated, “Also, do me a favor and stop with the skinship…” His voice became uncharacteristically emotionless as he stated in a quiet voice, “Let me get over you.”

Minhyun stood up, opening his mouth to say something but before anything could come out, the leader was gone and on the coffee table sat a cup of water and a couple tablets of pain medication – the three simple items made him feel even worse.

He sighed, taking the medicine and shutting the television off, heading out towards the company with his hood up over his head to hide who he was. Wanting time to himself to curse himself for his stupidity and fear once again.

 

That night, the male’s entered the dorm completely exhausted from their fourteen hours of practice, well for Xue it was only five hours, but it was still enough to exhaust him. They all had gone expecting to see the leader waiting for them at the dorm; however, they came back to an empty dorm.

“Where’s Younghun-hyung?” questioned Sora, who along with Xue, Shin, and Woo Jung were completely oblivious to the riot that Minhyun had started on the news.

“He’s going to be living at his sister’s apartment for a while,” stated Hyun Soo, “He’s taking some time off before his schedule gets busy again the day after tomorrow.”

“Why would it get busy so suddenly, he’s still injured?” questioned Xue, curiously.

Hyun Soon looked at MinHyun, “Why don’t you explain it to them?”

Minhyun flinched, but quickly put on his arrogant façade and explained what happened to the four, who kept silent as he finished up – knowing that the male was feeling bad about what he had done.

“So Younghun is taking on the punishment for us?” muttered Sora.

Hyun Soo nodded, “He’s trying to divert the attention away from Minhyun, and hopefully it’ll work.”

The others nodded and with that Hyun Soo sent them all to bed. 

 

Hope you all enjoyed the chappie~!^^

I don't really know what possessed me to write this, but hey, it isn't to bad - is it? We all need some drama in our lives. Plus, they all need to get closer prior to them having another comeback, so it may be a while.