Chapter Thirty-Two

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

The week had seemed to pass rather slowly and quietly, the absence of the leader had become rather noticeable as more and more disagreements broke out between the members – due to the fact they were holed up in the practice room all day with each other. There had been some sort of development between Woo Jung and Sora, however, there was no title surrounding the duo which was beginning to annoy Minhyun.

“You guys are free to go,” stated Shim-Seongsangnim, not wanting to deal with their bickering anymore, “Enjoy the early night off and I’ll be seeing you all early tomorrow morning.”

The five hummed and watched as the elder male walked out of the room – shaking his head in frustration.

“Guys, our plan worked,” stated Sora.

“What plan?” muttered Min, staring at the younger male.

“I don’t know, I just felt the need to say that.”

Min rolled his eyes and grabbed his bags, moving towards the door. He was followed by the others; silence seemed to surround them all as they moved through the halls, exhaustion clearly showing on their faces.

“What are everyone’s plans for the night?” questioned Hyunsoo as they arrived in the lobby.

“Sleep,” muttered Minhyun.

“Woo Jung promised to take me out to see a movie since I won a bet,” stated Sora.

Woo Jung nodded in confirmation.

“Be careful you two,” stated Hyun Soo, peering at Woo Jung – who had told him of the call he had gotten earlier that week.

“We will hyung,” stated Sora.

“If you can, stay in the busier streets where there are a lot of people,” stated the man, “I don’t need to receive notice that you two were attacked on top of the news about Younghun’s arm.”

“What’s wrong with Younghun?” questioned Shin, all five of the Spectrum members looked towards the manager in shock.

“You guys haven’t heard?” muttered Hyun Soo, in shock.

“Were we supposed to?” shot back Minhyun.

Hyun Soo sighed, “There was finally an attack on him in Jeju – from what I heard he escaped with a bruised cheek bone, a mild black eye, and apparently he dislocated one of his shoulders along with broke a couple of bones in his hand. They aren’t too sure whether or not that’s all the damage done, since he refused to go to a hospital in Jeju due to the number of reporters that had been following them around.”

“Do they know about the attack?” questioned Xue.

Hyun Soo shook his head, “Which is why Younghun didn’t go to the hospital.”

The others nodded, and Sora stated, “So he’s not going to be a happy camper when he returns?”

“Most likely not,” stated Hyun Soo, “Anyway, I need to pick Younghun and Jong Suk up from the airport in Incheon, so I will be unable to take you all wherever you want to go – plus I’m going to take Younghun to one of my friend’s private clinics. If possible, we’re going to try to keep this attack away from the press – along with anymore, if they happen.”

The others hummed in understanding.

“So, anyway, back to what we were talking about before – what are you plans for the night?” questioned Hyun Soo.

“Woo Jung and I am going to a movie,” repeated Sora.

“I promised Xue to treat him to dinner,” stated Shin, fixing the way his bag sat on his shoulder.

Xue nodded in confirmation.

“As I said before, I have a date with my bed in the wonderful land known as sleep,” stated Minhyun, earning a nod from Hyun Soo.

“If you want I can take you back to the dorm since I don’t want you wondering around the city streets alone,” stated Hyun Soo.

Minhyun rolled his eyes, but agreed to the offer anyways, his laziness consuming him; with that the males went their separate ways.

 

Upon arriving at the dorms, Minhyun let himself into the silent apartment – slipping out of his tennis shoes and slipping into the house slippers that Hyung Soo nagged them all for not wearing. Upon getting the slippers on his feet, he carelessly threw his bag down on the floor of the entry room, knowing that someone else was going to end up picking it up anyway, before moving into the living room and collapsing onto the couch. Sprawling himself onto the cool leather surface, he the television – not noticing as the shows slowly lulled him to sleep.

 

Sora and Woo Jung moved through the buzzing streets of Hongdae, the bus ride had been rather entertaining, since they had magically gotten onto a bus filled with only ahjummas and ahjusshis, most of whom believed the two to be a couple – mistaking Sora as a girl due to the fact his hair had grown to be rather long in recent weeks and was currently pulled up into a short ponytail. Anyway, aside from the comments on how cute of a couple they were, they witnessed two ahjummas fighting over nothing in particular.

As they moved through the buzzing crowd, Sora grabbed ahold of Woo Jung’s forearm – not wanting to lose him in the bustling crowd. The duo nodded towards the people who stood back and whispered to each other, clearly recognizing the duo as members of Spectrum. They also took time to sign autographs, since a couple of high school girls had come up to them for their signatures. A couple even asked for pictures of them and the duo – seeing that it didn’t hurt anything happily took photos with some before parting ways with them, wanting to get to the movie on time for once.

Upon their arrival at the theatre – after countless more stops, Woo Jung paid for their tickets and the duo entered the theater, despite Sora’s whining for snacks to eat during the movie. Woo Jung silenced the elder 94-liner with the promise of going out to eat after the movie. As they sat in the darkened and practically empty theater, the two unintentionally drifted closer to each other. As the movie dwindled towards its and conclusion, Sora’s head came to rest on Woo Jung’s shoulder and the younger’s arm wrapped around Sora’s lithe form as his head rested against the elder’s.

Woo Jung honestly paid no attention to the movie as his eyes stayed trained to the oblivious elder’s face, watching as his facial features contorted to whatever emotions the movie  stirred up within him. Woo Jung couldn’t lie anymore – he liked the elder and it was so damn obvious that it frustrated him since despite his actions, the elder male seemed to be oblivious to his advances, despite flirting back.

 

Meanwhile, in another district in Seoul, Shin and Xue sat in a 24 hour café together, happily indulging on the food that they had ordered. A comfortable silence sat between the two, allowing them to eat without having to worry about carrying on a conversation. Only as they finished up did either of them make an effort to initiate a conversation.

“What do you want to do now?” questioned Shin, knowing that the magnae didn’t want to return to the dorm just yet.

“We can go back if you want,” stated Xue, although it was obvious that he did not want to return to the apartment.

“Nah, we’ve spent enough of our time in there recently,” stated Shin, “How about we walk around for a little bit?”

Xue smiled shyly, ecstatic that his hyung understood what he wanted without him even having to say it, “Can we go to the park for a little bit. I know it’s night and all, but I want to get away from all these people for a little bit…”

Shin smiled and nodded, standing up as he laid the payment down onto the table before moving out of the café with the younger, who was happily sipping on his bubble tea.

AS they moved farther away from the bustling street they had been previously walking down and neared the park, Shin noticed that the younger was humming an all too familiar tune that he couldn’t place a name to for some reason. He was positive that he had heard it before though; he just didn’t know where he heard it.

“Hey,” stated Xue, as they entered the empty park, “Can we go over there hyung?”

The elder’s gaze traveled in the direction Xue was pointing to see a playground, “If you want to.”

Xue smiled, moving towards the swings without second thought, Shin was right on his heel – taking a seat in the other swing. They sat in silence for a little bit before Xue looked up at the sky, pouting slightly.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” muttered Xue, “You just can’t see the stars well…”

Shin hummed pulling his gaze off the younger and looking towards the sky as the duo fell back into silence again, “There are too many lights…”

Xue nodded and sighed, happily taking in a breath of fresh air – well, it wasn’t fresh but it still smelled better than it did in the practice room. 

 

I'm back from the dead, something happened with my computer and so I was unable to post for a while, please forgive me! *bows* Also, updates may become less frequent since I'm in the midst of preparations for trying out for my school's basketball team...The try outs are in the early weeks of November - so it's coming down the the wire.

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm human after all. /gets slapped.