Chapter Seven

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

A/N: This chapter has yet to be edited. (Please forgive me)

 

The boy’s little mini vacation flew by quickly and before they knew it they were departing from it, however, as the ten boys of Spectrum exited the house on the third day – the day after the all-day race between the nine Spectrum members and the six Teen Top members – they saw a surprise waiting for them. Two cars sat before them, both covered by cameras on the inside.

“What are these for?” asked Minki, politely.

“This is for the extra vacation you all are going on, since it’s been decided that not many people know a lot about you all,” stated the PD, “The teams have already been chosen, the team leaders are Jhun and Shin, the two are the drivers for the event. Those on Jhun’s team are Len, Chris, Sora, and Xue and those on Shin’s team are Min, Woo Jung, Minki, and Jay. Do any of you know why you are placed the way you are?”

The boys looked at each other, ideas flashed through the member’s minds but they mainly kept quiet until Minki spoke up, politely yet again, “The four on Jhun-hyung’s team were born in either China or Japan.”

“Speaking about that, why is Jhun-hyung placed on that team?” asked Min.

“He’s studied in China at one point,” stated the PD, “Plus, we needed a driver for their team.”

The others nodded in understanding, not really fighting about it.

“Anyway, those of you on Shin’s team are born in Korea and then there was Jay, who was born in the United States and we couldn’t really fit into the ‘more international’ team so we placed him onto the Korea team and moved Jhun to the other team,” stated the PD, “Mainly because they needed a driver.”

The members nodded.

“Anyway, you two have the same destination, it’s up to you all to get there before each other,” stated the PD, “You all will find out more information in your cars, for now, get packed up and on your way.”

The boys nodded and moved towards the cars as the two drivers received their keys, piling their things up in the trunk so that they could fit it all in. As they moved to seating arrangements, Shin’s group had no problem claiming who sat where since Shin was driving and Min called shotgun, claiming the passenger seat as his own, while in the back Minki and Woojung took the window seats, leaving Jay in the middle of the two. As for Younghun’s team they had more difficult seeing as how three of them were really close in age, Younghun had gotten into the car, leaving his door open to hear their argument as he searched for the said clues – finding them in the form of an envelope in the glove compartment. He then turned to see that Xue was sitting in the middle as he had expected – seeing as how the male was the youngest on the team.

“I want shotgun though,” stated Minseok.

“I want it too,” shot back Sora.

“Don’t forget about me, I also want it,” stated Chris.

Younghun watched the argument in amusement, not understanding what was so great about ‘shotgun,’ as the argument continued and the other team set out, Younghun turned towards his team’s magnae.

“Xue, get into the passenger seat,” stated Younghun, causing the four to look at him in shock.

“Why does he get it, he’s the youngest!” whined Minseok lightly.

Younghun smiled, “The reason he gets it is because he’s not the one fighting for it, plus you all would probably enjoy it better if you sat in the back together anyway.”

“That is true,” stated Sora as he thought about it, climbing into the car, claiming the middle seat since Minseok and Chris were just a few months older than him. Ha Joon moved to sit in the passenger seat and they all buckled up and Younghun finally started the car as the car doors slammed shut.

With that the oldest’s group set off.

 

Meanwhile in the other car, silence seemed to hang over them; Shin too concentrated on driving to actually speak. There was the faint hum of the radio but the four others in the car looked as though they were going to fall asleep.

“I wonder if the other team has gotten out of the parking lot yet,” muttered Jay out of curiosity.

“Surely enough Jhun-hyung stopped their argument and resolved it for them,” responded Shin, his eyes still glued onto the road.

Minki nodded from where he had his head laying on the magnae’s shoulder – a little exhausted from the previous day’s race.

“You never know with them, they could still be arguing though,” stated Jay, pouting slightly before yawning.

Again, the car fell into a silence only to be broken by Min, “Where are we even supposed to be going?”

The others all shrugged, Shin then spoke up, “Our location is just outside Incheon.”

“So we have a four hour or so drive, right?” Shin nodded, “Sadly, yes.”

“I’m sleeping,” stated Jay, “I hope you don’t mind.”

“I don’t mind Jay, go ahead, you all can sleep if you want,” stated Shin and almost automatically they all slipped into a short slumber – leaving Shin in silence for the drive.

 

In the other car, the three boys in the backseat had already become bored and decided to play the ‘Try to Get Younghun to talk’ game – which they all were failing miserably.

“Jhun-hyung, we know you want to speak,” stated Sora, “You should just do so already. You’re so talkative off camera, so why don’t you speak? Speak!”

“Don’t you want to tell us to shut up?” asked Minseok, “We haven’t been quiet since we’ve got into the car.”

Younghun continued to ignore the three in the back seat, glancing out the windows as he changed lanes – he completely ignored all the noise that was coming from the boys in the back seat. Every now and then he glanced at Xue who had been silent the whole ride.

“You have really good patience if you can put up with this,” complimented Chris, “You really had me thinking that you couldn’t handle our energy, but obviously you can.”

“He probably is getting annoyed, surely he is,” stated Minseok.

“If he isn’t getting annoyed then he isn’t human,” stated Sora, the other two nodded and Younghun then spoke.

“Ha Joon-ah, you’re awfully quiet,” stated Younghun.

Xue smiled towards the elder, “I zoned out hyung.”

Younghun hummed in understanding, “I’m surprise you’re able to zone out with all the noise being made.”

“I’m surprised you haven’t gotten annoyed by it,” responded the younger making the eldest member smile and reach over and ruffle the boy’s hair.

“I grew up with a really annoying older sister, you just get used to it after a while,” stated Younghun, making Ha Joon laugh a bit.

The three in the back seemed a little upset about the fact that the male didn’t even seem to hear what they had said, plus they were a little upset that the two were talking to each other as if they weren’t there.

“I wish I would’ve had a younger sibling like you,” stated Younghun, “I would’ve like someone as quiet as you are, someone who was a nice as you always are.”

The younger looked down at his lap out of shyness, “Thank you.”

Younghun smiled again, ruffling the younger’s hair before turning his full attention to the road again, muttering the words, “You need to speak more.”

“Hyung!” called Sora.

“You’re ignoring us again aren’t you?” asked Minseok.

“You remind me of my noona,” muttered Younghun.

“What was that?” asked Chris, leaning forward to catch the oldest’s words.

“You three remind me of how my noona used to act on road trips,” stated Younghun, “She was always trying to get under my skin and as you all can tell, it’s not really working.”

The three nodded and hummed in response.

“They might remind you of your noona, but they remind me of gossiping ahjumma,” muttered Ha Joon timidly, only allowing the oldest member to hear his words – which then lead to the oldest member breaking out into laughter.

“What is going on?” muttered Minseok in confusion.

“What did he say?” questioned Chris out of curiosity.

“Don’t worry about it,” stated Younghun, trying to stifle back his laughter as he did so, smiling towards Ha Joon for a split second before turning his attention back to the road.

“Hyung!” whined the three in the back seat as Younghun and Ha Joon fell back into silence again – resuming their game of ignoring the three in the back, seeing as how their game was back firing now and the three were getting slightly annoyed with it.

 

Hours later, the two teams arrived at their destination at just the same time, Shin and Jhun being the only two awake by that time – which meant the two had the difficult job known as waking the other members up. As the boy climbed out of their car about a half an hour after their arrival, they fixed their appearance and started their recording – well the PDs did, wanting to catch the boy’s reactions to where they were.

“Why are we here?” asked Min, looking over the mud flat.

“You are finding your camping supplies,” stated the PD, we’ve supplied you all with overalls, work boots and jackets, but you all will have to find the rest of the supplies – there will be some that will help you here in the pit and there are other supplies you’ll need at the actual camp.

“We might as well go straight into the search,” stated Sora.

Minseok nodded, “It’ll take a couple of hours if we don’t start now.”

“Alright, boys, please note that your supplies are in the areas boxed off with the tape, Shin’s team can find their supplies in the red areas and Jhun’s in the blue team,” stated the PD, “Get started.”

The boys all nodded and started to slip the outfits provided over their clothes in order to assure themselves that their clothes would be safe from the muddy battlefield they were about to enter. Once all the boys were dressed, they entered the field, struggling to get through the mud that was trying to swallow their shoes.  It took about another thirty minutes for both teams to get to their designated searching area. Both teams began to search diligently.

 

“I’ve found something!” called Jay, about fifteen minutes into their search – which is call, Woo Jung and Shin moved towards him with some minor difficulty, since they were the two closest to the group’s magnae.

“What is that?” muttered Woo Jung, staring at the black trash bag hiding in the mud.

“I don’t know,” stated Shin, “The only way we’ll find out what it is, is if we get it out of the mud.”

“Obviously,” stated Min from where he was on the border of their search area and the other teams’ the five’s conversation had attracted the attention of Younghun and Ha Joon – the other three were busy talking together and digging in the mud – playing around with each other.

“It’s heavy…” muttered Jay, pulling on the bag a bit as the elder to members around him got it cleared off for the most part.

“What the heck is this thing?” muttered Woo Jung, helping Shin move it towards where they were supposed to place their supplies up on the deck.

“I don’t know,” responded Shin again, “My guess is that it’s probably the tent – if we are actually camping out tonight.”

Woo Jung hummed and both male groaned as they forced the mud covered bag filled with what Younghun stated to be a dead body, up onto the concrete landing where their cars were parked.  With that the two males moved back to their search.

 

In the following fifteen minutes, both groups had found a variety of things Jhun’s team had gotten the luck of their first item being a shovel, which allowed them to uncover things much faster. As the two groups worked in relative silence, the only noise coming from Minseok, Chris, and Sora – who kept yelling for the shovel while Ha Joon and Younghun worked in silence digging things out with their hands. The boys had finally been showing signs of the heat affecting them – it was most obvious on Younghun who was the only one noticeably sweating.

Unbeknownst to Jhun, his team mates were planning something as he was distracted by Minhyun ‘accidentally’ throwing mud into the hole he was digging along the border of his team’s area. Younghun was squatting in the mud to dig the hole – he had caught a glimpse of a white trash bag and had expected to find some supply, however, his discover was being prevented by Min, who continuously attempted to fill the elder’s hole up completely.

Minseok looked towards Sora from where he was kneeling on the ground, helping Ha Joon uncover an item they had discovered. Chris had looked up around that time as well, watching as Minseok motioned towards where Younghun was sitting unsuspecting. Sora smiled and nodded, cupping his hands together and scooping up mud in his hands before moving towards the elder male. Just as he stood over the elder, the male turned his head – ruining the surprise.

“What are you doing Sor- MINHYUN!” roared out Younghun, as he felt mud splatter all over his back, neck, and part of his head. The eldest member turned towards where Minhyun was standing on the other side of the tape.

“Guess what hyung, I found a shovel,” stated Minhyun.

Younghun stood up, moving to wipe off the mud as best as he could, however, he was only greeted by a handful of mud being stuck in his face. Automatically, the eldest member brushed as much as he could off – spitting some out and directing his attention towards Sora – who had been the obvious attacker that time seeing as how Minhyun couldn’t reach him.

As the eldest tried to move towards Sora, he lost his balance since his foot was stuck in the mud. As he fell forwards, he somehow managed to catch himself with his other leg, however, he returned to his forward course once Minhyun suddenly shoved the older male from behind – having moved past the border to do so.

Younghun fell down with some force, catching Sora in his path as he toppled over, bringing the younger down with him. Laughter filled the air as the others all watched the eldest fall, as well as the position which Sora and Younghun landed in: Younghun laying over Sora in a rather suggestive way.

“Hyung, what are you doing to Sora?” asked Minseok acting innocent, looking towards Younghun, who automatically attempted to get up again – only to get caught in the mud and more tangled with Sora, who had somehow managed to get into a sitting position, his back completely covered in mud.

“Younghun, I didn’t know you were like that,” added Minhyun, taunting the older, which caused the elder to automatically stand up a ball of mud in his hand, the elder pelted it towards Min – hitting his target spot on before turning to help Sora – who was having more of a struggle with the mud –  up onto his feet.

As Younghun bent down to do so, Minhyun threw a ball of mud back, only to hit Minseok, who automatically dropped the item he and Ha Joon uncovered to return the attack – accidentally hitting Woo Jung as his aim was messed up by Minhyun moving. Soon a full blown war broke out between the two teams, only ending when all the boys were covered from head to toe in mud and they all finally fell into the mud from exhaustion hours later.

“Boys’ come on in and we’ll get you out of those clothes and cleaned off,” stated the PD, the boys all hummed and moved towards the land – some of them struggling with the mud still as they walked. As they moved, they all stumbled over their feet and the boys grabbed onto each other to prevent themselves from falling. At one point in time Minseok’s foot had sunk into the mud past his ankle, leading Younghun to grab his hand to prevent the younger from falling. He then helped the younger, seeing as how he had become sturdier in the mud.

The interaction between the eldest and the oldest 94er caused teasing comments to rain down on the oldest member of Spectrum.

“Hyung, are you cheating on Sora now?” stated Minhyun, raising eyebrow.

Younghun sent a glare towards the other, “Keep it up and you’ll be picking yourself up from the mud.”

Minhyun smirked, “As if you’d leave your lover’s side.”

 

After their mud adventure, they rode in the back of a truck provided by the filming crew – their camping supplies in the truck with them. As soon as they arrived at the camping grounds, they went straight to the bath house as directed to clean off for the restart of filming.

When they restarted filming the two teams set up their camps in the camping area – both teams got their tents up with some minor difficulties and had their sleeping bags in place for when they chose to get to bed. The crew had originally planned for the two teams to stay away from each other; however, no matter what they did the two groups ended up joining together – especially when  both teams started to cook their dinner, creating one fire for the ten of the boys to share as the sun began to set beyond the horizon.

Once both tents were set off and all the supplies were unpacked and the ten were sitting around the fire, the PD spoke, “You all probably wondering why you all are here, are you not?” The boys nodded and the PD continued, “Well, the reason you are is because Andy decided that you needed more of a ‘team bonding time’ with the showcase just a couple of weeks away, he wanted you all to get to know each other better so that you all can support each other under the stress you all will be under in the coming weeks – for six of you, the coming months.”

The boys again nodded in understanding.

“He stated that you all know each other, but you don’t truly know each other at the same time, which is why we are doing this,” stated the PD, “He asked us to have you talk to each other personally – free from cameras and unwelcomed ears, which is what we are doing tonight. With that being said, we are going to end tonight’s filming here – at this point. Filming will resume tomorrow morning, bright and early, so be sure to sleep well tonight, alright?”

The boys all nodded and watched in shock as the PD and the rest of the crew packed up and left the ten at the camp site by themselves. Despite the shock, all the boys were relieved to have the cameras out of their faces for the first time in weeks. 

 

Sorry if the chapter seemed like it was rushed, I was rushing it a bit so that I could post it before I went to bed (seeing as how it's late at night where I live) - I hope it makes sense...  Anyway, the plans for the story changed a bit and seeing as how I fail at writing a chapter solely on each member, the next chapter will be the ten sharing more indepth information about themselves to the others and about them actually getting to know each other better than they already do. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^^ I'm going to stop here before I babble on and make you all more confused than you probably already are.