Chapter Twenty-Two

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

A couple of days had passed and the six who had passed the audition were sitting around the dorms – still adjusting to the abnormal silence in the apartment. The four had moved out rather quickly and the six had moved into the room with the three sets of bunk beds, which led to their managers moving into the two spare bedrooms. The six, after three days, had finally begun to adjust to the fact that there were only six living in the dorms and that the managers were now living with them, althought they were hardly seen due to them unpacking their things and spending countless hours in another portion of the company building – getting things ready for the boys’ debut.

The six on the other hand, spent a lot of their time in the practice room – working hard to improving a little before their debut, which was still being discussed by the CEOs and the managers. The six had become accustomed to spending all day together in the practice room with their choreographer, quite frankly the boys had gotten rather annoyed by it after two weeks of doing it before the audition and then the week following it as well.

“Can we have one day off?” questioned the leader of the six, in the car one day as they made their way towards the company building, “We’re all tired and we didn’t even get a day off after our audition – you guys did all the moving around while we were busy in the practice room.”

The managers looked at each other but turned their attention back towards the road silently, “Well, starting next week, you boys will begin preparing for debut, that is if they’ve finally decided – so, maybe just once. However, before you do anything, I have to check with some people since I don’t want to get into trouble, since they already have an eye on me since you guys have already attempted to sneak out of the dorms.”

The boys nodded and the manager turned his attention back towards the road.

 

The boys attended practice even if they didn’t want to – despite their protests on the way to the practice room, the six had begun to work hard once they were there. Then again, they were tired of being scolded by their usually relaxed choreographer.

The boys finally got a break after three hours of performing in the practice room that was now feeling as if it was a sauna due to how warm the early-June air felt outside of the building. The boys were covered in sweat from head to toe – not one of the boys really made the effort to sit up as the break was called.

The only sound in the room was panting until the managers made their entrance, warm expressions on their faces. Hyun Soo, head manager, spoke up as he made his entrance, “Work hard this week and you all will get a reward next week.”

“Which is?” questioned the curious boys.

“You all are going to be participating in some show for MTV starting next week – it’ll follow you all like MTV diary, however, unlike in MTV Diary, there will be VJs following you all around and you all won’t be doing selcas.” The boys nodded in understanding and the manager smiled as he continued, “Also, the show is called something along the lines of 2013 Male Rookies, something like that since it will be a show following you six, the boys of LC9 and BTS – the two groups have already debuted – well, BTS will be debuted by the time the filming starts.”

The six males in the room looked at the manager, humming in understanding as they sat up.

“Work hard until next week and we’ll be sure to treat you all by letting you have a short practice the first day of filming,” stated the manager.

The boys smiled happily at the managers’ words.

 

 

Six males lay in their beds, all lost in their dream lands – their debut date had been finalized and they had begun preparations for said date earlier than predicted, however, it relieved the boys who had started to get worried about whether or not they’d be debuting any time soon. However, that was the least of their worries as a camera crew was welcomed into the apartment by the boys’ managers. The camera crew toured the dorm before arriving at the boys’ room, which they quietly entered only to be shocked when they found the oldest member of the group peering out at them from under his blankets.

The VJs automatically let out quiet gasps, not quite expecting the obviously tired male to be up before seven o’clock in the morning, especially when they heard that the boys hadn’t returned to the dorms until three in the morning – which meant that they had gotten to bed sometime after three and had less than four hours of sleep. The oldest of the six males was the only one showing signs of life and had automatically pulled the covers back over his head when he saw the camera crew.

“Jhun-sshi,” stated the VJ, the oldest peeked out from under the covers again – hoping that his rather lengthy bangs were covering the obvious eye bags that had sprouted out in the past few weeks due to lack of sleep due to practicing and the filming of yet another drama since his previous one had finished up filming two weeks before the final audition – well he finished up his parts in the show at that time, “We were told to wake you up for your schedule.”

Jhun blinked at the woman, his tired brain not taking in or processing any of her words – he stared at her blankly, yawning slightly before covering his head again.

“Jhun-ah,” stated the VJ, pulling at the comforter the oldest was using to cover his head, “You really need to get up.”

The male mumbled a response which was incoherent due to the layer of pillow and blanket it traveled through. The VJ stared at the male a little hopelessly, believing the managers’ previous words about the oldest being the lightest sleeper to be a lie.

“Jhun, you need to get up,” stated the VJ, managing to get the blanket out of the oldest’s tight grip, automatically revealing a shock for the woman – the male was lying shirtless. The male blinked at her warily, especially as she dropped his blanket in shock.

As soon as he realized that the blanket had been released, it was back over his head and he mumbled something along the lines of ‘five more minutes’ as he curled back up under the blanket. Hearing that the VJs were struggling to wake the exhausted twenty year old, Hyun Soo automatically walked in and nudged the boy rather harshly in the side.

“Jung Younghun get your out of the bed this instant or you’re going to be late for your first meeting for your drama,” hissed Hyun Soo, surprisingly, the male shot up into a sitting position, his hair all over the place from where he failed to wash the gel out of it the previous night. The male automatically looked around groggily and spotted the camera, which lead to the response of slipping on the shirt lying over the head board of his bed.

The male blinked again, before finally registering the manager’s words and getting out of bed, moving straight towards the closet and getting his clothes before moving into the bathroom for his shower.

As soon as the oldest was out of the room, the VJs turned their attention to waking up the five remaining members, who were all sleeping well. Their first victim was the second oldest of the six, the one they were closest to, Shin.

“Shin-sshi, please get up,” whispered the woman, a little cautious – not knowing how the male would wake up, what had shocked her was the fact the male woke up like the managers described Jhun would. The boy seemed to wake up as soon as they said his name, the male blinked groggily and greeted the camera, ruffling his hair that wasn’t nearly as bad as the oldest’s.

“Hello,” greeted the male politely, bowing towards the camera the best that he could while lying down.

The VJ nodded, really starting to believe the manager had lied.

As soon as the second oldest was awake, the moved to Sora, who was in the bunk above the older male, the VJ simply said the male’s name and it woke the boy up. However, as he sat in his bed, he continued to blink towards the camera in a slight daze.

As soon as Sora was up, the woman looked around at the three remaining members – sighing loudly at the fact she had come to the three males that were the hardest to wake up – or so the managers said and from the past three, she was starting to doubt they were trustworthy.

The woman moved to Ha Joon – figuring the magnae of the group of six would be the easiest of the three to wake up.

“Xue-sshi please wake up,” stated the VJ, taking the same route as before – silently praying the boy would be easier to wake up than the manager had said.

The woman sighed in exasperation, upset that the boy actually proved that for once the managers were correct. Sora and Shin watched the VJ attempting to wake up the magnae in amusement – the woman continued on for a good four or five minute before the oldest made his entrance back into the room showered and ready to go.

“Trying to wake up Ha Joon?” questioned Jhun, accidently letting the boy’s real name slip out from between his lips.

The woman nodded and the oldest moved towards the youngest’s bed – stepping on Minhyun’s bed in the process of trying to make his head level with the boy’s bed. Minhyun stirred a bit in his sleep, sending a menacing glare towards the oldest that had become accustomed to it and completely ignored it. Minhyun attempted to push the oldest off of his bed and return Jhun lightly kicked the other 93er’s hands away – causing both Sora and Shin to laugh at the rather comical scene as they slowly came to their senses and woke up.

Younghun, ignoring Minhyun’s continuous glare, leaned forward and whispered something into the youngest’s ear that automatically had the boy jolting awake – sitting up straight in his bed and smacking his head off the ceiling above his bunk.

The youngest member of Spectrum groaned and Sora laughed yet again, earning a glare from Minhyun for his loud laugh. Jhun looked at the youngest in slight worry, seeing as how the tired teen was rubbing his sore forehead. However, as soon as the oldest saw the youngest was okay, his attention turned away from Xue and towards the VJ.

“Would you like me to wake up the remaining to members?”

The VJ nodded, and the oldest smiled wider than before – a rather evil glint appeared in his eyes as his attention turned towards Minhyun, who had returned to his slumber, a pillow now hiding his face. Jhun sat on the bed, nudging the younger.

“Yah, get up,” stated Jhun, not bothering to wake up his fellow 93er as gently as he did Ha Joon.

Minhyun groaned, not wanting to get up out of the soft bed.

Jhun lightly hit Minhyun’s head, “Get up.”

Minhyun rolled so that his back faced Jhun – the sleeping male slowly moved towards the wall, pressing himself up against it in hopes that it would swallow him so that he wouldn’t have to wake up.

Jhun sighed in aggravation, glancing at the watch on his wrist to see that he really needed to leave soon which in turn meant that he had no time to fight with the sleeping male laying in the bed. The oldest sighed and leaned in towards Minhyun’s ear, feeling as though he’d really regret the words the slipped from his lips next.

“If you wake up, I’ll treat you to three meals of your choosing,” muttered Jhun then continued through gritted teeth, “No matter how expensive they are.” Minhyun stirred a bit at the offer and Jhun continued in his attempt to bribe the other 93er into waking up, “Come on, its two things you seem to like.” No response. “Who would turn down free food? Which do you like better food or sleeping? If you like sleeping better, by all means continue to sleep and I’ll take back the deal.” There was a slight stirring and Minhyun peered at Jhun – the younger male his lips as he prepared to respond and the older knew that he had started to annoy the male, “It’s a simple question; do you or do you not want free food?”

Minhyun seemed to pause to think about it before he glared at the oldest one last time before reluctantly sitting up in his bed. Jhun smiled ever so wider in his victory while glancing at his watch – it was a new record time in waking up Minhyun.

The oldest member then moved to Woo Jung’s bed a little reluctantly.

“Get up, Woo Jung,” stated Jhun, his eyes constantly glancing at his watch, “Seriously, you need to get.”

The younger shook his head, “No.”

Jhun sighed, seeing that he only had about five minutes until the managers would be telling him that he needed to go and only ten minutes until the managers started to panic and forced him out of the dorms. Jhun nudged Woo Jung with his foot – not caring too much about being gentle since the younger always gave him problems first thing in the morning.

“Get up,” stated Jhun, suddenly letting out a yawn – which he hid behind his hand.

“It too early,” muttered the younger, rolling onto his side, facing away from the oldest – which seemed to be a common reoccurrence this fine morning.

“Woo Jung,” stated Jhun in stern voice, despite the smile that still played on his lips, “Get up.”

The younger shook his head, pulling his blankets over his head, which made the leader sigh – the daily fight had started. Jhun grabbed ahold of the blankets pulled, only to have the younger grip tightly onto the blanket with equal strength, prevent the blanket from moving at all.

“Seriously, get up;” stated Jhun, an idea popping up in his mind, “I think Hyun Soo-hyung made the last of the coffee that we have – if you want any of it you need to get up and get it.”

Woo Jung grumbled something in response, sitting up and throwing the blankets away from himself weakly as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. Younghun automatically turned his attention towards the camera – his smile impossibly wider due to his success in waking Woo Jung up in such a small amount of time; as soon as he did so, the managers called him from the living room, telling him that he needed to leave for the meeting – and the oldest did just that, leaving five groggy members behind, wishing for more sleep. 

 

 

This was a little filler chapter (if you can't notice), but that's besides the point, did you enjoy the chapter? 

Also I have a couple things I'd like to help me with:

First: To the five chosen applicants, if you could improve one of your character's attributes (such as singing, dancing, and rapping) which of the three would it be?

- Look back to your applications. In other words, this is asking which of the numbers you'd like to add one point to - if you have a five in an area you can not add one to it. Also, we need a five in vocals - which means that you have to have a four there currently.

Second: What song do you think should be their debut song? (Open to suggestions from everyone, would perfer if they were songs that don't already have music videos, but if they do already have mvs, I'll still take it into consideration). 

Third: To the three applicants that have idols as their love interests, I was wondering if any of you would like to change  to liking a group mate. (I need at least one) Since I want to start developing some relationships soon (possibly next chapter). 

- This is optional, but just this once I'd like to make a story where I had all the group members paired with other group members.  I know it defeats the purpose of letting you all choose idols as your love interest, however, if it would make you all consider it, I'll let you choose who they're paired with (we'll discuss this later if you agree) since I'm still looking into who to pair with who.  

Again, the third is optional. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and I'm sorry for this long AN. *Bows* Also, sorry for making this so reader interactive - it'll stop soon.