Chapter Forty-Five

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Sora sat in the practice room, reaching for his toes as he hummed to the music that was faintly playing in the background.

“It’s so quiet today,” muttered Sora.

Woojung nodded, “Well, for a group practice at least.”

“I don’t understand why they call this practice the group practice,” muttered Sora, “We’re only going to have half our group and at this current point in time, there is only a third of the team.”

“Well, Shin is supposed to be here, but he was called out by Hyunsoo earlier, something about the director wanting to see him.”

“I wonder why they’d suddenly pull him out of the practice like they did,” muttered Sora, “It probably had something to do with his secret little project.”

“It seemed to be something more serious than that,” stated Woojung, pressing on the other’s back, helping him stretch forward.

“What else could it be?” muttered Sora, pouting, “It’s like yesterday, Hyun Soo called Younghun out and talked to him for a longer period of time than he did with Minhyun…there has to be something going on that we don’t know about.”

“Maybe it’s not our business to know.”

Sora shrugged but pouted slightly, “I don’t like not knowing.”

“I know,” replied Woojung, knowing the barely older male well.

Sora sighed, “Let’s not waste the practice thinking about that thought…we need to get you caught up on the dance.”

Woojung nodded, groaning as Sora switched roles and forced the younger to stretch as well.

“You’re really not too flexible.”

“Should I be?”

“If you want to be a dancer,” muttered Sora, patting Woojung’s shoulder, “Although the dance practices are hell and the stretching beforehand probably feel like hell, it’ll get better and in time you’ll be a better dancer…however, you’re the first person I’ve ever doubted.”

“I’m not that bad,” retorted Woojung, looking at Sora.

“Keep telling yourself that,” stated Sora, suddenly picking up his cellphone and forcing the younger to take a selca with him.

“What was that about?” questioned Woojung.

“I just realized that I haven’t posted anything in a while and our fans are probably worrying about me,” stated Sora, “I might as well just tell them we’re at practice – that we’re busy getting better for our next comeback.”

“Whenever that is,” stated Woojung.

“Hopefully it’ll be soon.”

“Hopefully,” muttered Woojung, patting Sora’s thigh, “Can we get the practice started now? The more I do here the less I have to put up with when I’m in the practice with Teacher Shim.”

“Alright,” stated Sora, setting his phone down again and forcing the other male up onto his feet and into his starting position of the group dance they were learning from Teacher Shim himself. He taught the younger step by step – running through it slowly to make sure the younger knew what he was doing and to make sure he was executing the move properly.

Their dance practice went on for about an hour until Shin finally made his reappearance, not seeming too happy about what had been spoken about in the meeting.

“You alright hyung?” questioned Sora, suddenly stopping the dance upon hearing the door slam open.

“No,” muttered Shin, looking the angriest the two had ever seen him before, “Not at all.”

“What’s wrong? Do you want to talk about it?”

“I can’t,” stated Woojung, “director’s orders, but surely you two will hear a rumor of about what’s going on – what might be happening.”

“What is it?” muttered Sora, hooked in by the curiosity the elder had brought up within him.

“Don’t worry about it,” stated Shin, “Let’s get on with practice – Xue will be here in a couple of hours, he’s decided to talk to the school about the bullying issue finally: Younghun will be proud. As for the leader and Min, they will not be attending group practice today but they will have their solo practices to catch up on what they missed.”

“Alright,” stated Sora, trying to hide the curiosity he was feeling due to Shin’s previous words.

 

Meanwhile, in a studio somewhere in the outskirts of Seoul, Younghun stood completely still as the stylists flocked around him fixing his hair, his makeup, his costume – anything they needed to in an attempt to make him look perfect in their standards. He talked with the gossiping ahjummas and noonas politely, but would much rather be left alone and in silence. He would much rather have been able to keep his mind busy rather than standing there, focusing only on the intense glare cutting into his back.

Upon some of the hands finally releasing his hair and face, Younghun turned to glance over his shoulder towards the younger male, who stood in the corner looking rather bored and rather angry about something – having already been finished with getting ready for the shoot.

The stylists had “perfected” the younger male, well in their standards at least. However, Younghun couldn’t help but to agree that the male looked absolutely stunning in the simple clothes they had him dressed in – which was the exact opposite of the more dressed up clothes he was being forced to wear. Younghun turned his attention back towards the mirror, to get the shock of his life – the fabric of his shirt was so thin that it was practically see through and it didn’t help that it was completely white and was the current topic of the murder of stylist’s argument.

“I think it’ll be fine with just that many buttons ed,” stated the main hairstylist.

“Nah, for this shoot he should definitely have a couple more ed,” stated the main makeup artist.

“But that’ll leave half of them ed,” stated the main hairstylist.

“Well this is a more sinuous shoot,” chimed in another woman, reaching to another button on the male’s shirt.

As their disagreement continued, Younghun could feel Minhyun’s mood darkening rather rapidly and decided to chip in his opinion on his shirt, which caused them all to fall silent to consider his suggestion. In the end however, it was truly finished as the CF director and photographer for the shoot entered the dressing room, telling the women in charge of costumes that his shirt was to be fully buttoned for the first part of the CF shoot – the first thing they were to film.

“Younghun, today you will be working with Ha Neul Young, surely you know her well from all the past shoots I did with you,” stated the man, getting straight down to business.

The leader of Spectrum nodded, listening carefully as the director explained how the shoot as going to happen and how it would work. As the man carried on, it seemed to make Minhyun’s mood darken even more as he realized that there really wasn’t any point for him to be at the shoot so early since he wasn’t going to be in the first part of it anyways.

As they moved out onto the set, Jong Suk pulled Minhyun to sit beside him – a little ways away from the photographer, the director of the shoot, and the herd of stylists. However, as they sat Minhyun’s gaze stayed locked onto Younghun, who looked a lot different than he had when they first debuted – he had lost quite a bit of weight and had become slimmer, but still held more muscle and more toned muscle than Minhyun had, it was more obvious now than it had ever been before due to the super thin and rather tight dress shirt the elder had on.

Minhyun felt nauseous as he watched Younghun talk happily with the girl that was latched onto his arm, looking at him with big eyes, feigning innocence as she acted cutely to get the attention of her oppa. Minhyun almost felt as if he wanted to walk over there and tear her off him, scream in her face that her cute act wasn’t going to work – that Younghun was gay, that he was his. However, instead, he resigned to sitting straight in his chair, his gaze burning into the elder’s back as his hands were clasped tightly into fists.

The feeling seemed to grow even more as the shoot went on, in the first scene Younghun stood emotionlessly and the girl gently ran her overly-manicured nails up the sleeve of his shirt until they reached his neck and later his chin as he leaned towards the girl – their lips almost touching, although at some point they did accidentally brush against each other.

 Minhyun silently watched the girl, criticizing her in every way as the green monster rose up with in him along with slight anger, which appeared every time the leader would lean towards the girl, doing some sort of intimate pose while directly returning Minhyun’s gaze. As their eyes met for the umpteenth time that night, Minhyun let out an aggravated sigh and finally turning his glaze towards the lead character of the CF – some model Minhyun had never heard of before. As he stared at her in jealousy, he scrutinized her – her shorts were too short, she looked ty wearing a shirt that was clearly too big to be Younghun’s, she had make up caked up onto her face and probably looked ugly without it on, she probably had work done to look the way she did today.

“Alright, that’s a rap for the first of the commercials,” stated the director cheerfully, “We’ll move into the bedroom scene and then we’ll move into the photo shoot.”

“Bedroom…” muttered Minhyun in shock, the jealousy was already too high within him and he didn’t know how much longer he could hold it in – how much more he could watch.

“Yep, the bedroom,” stated Jong Suk, “Ah, look at how shy Younghun is when it comes to showing off the muscles he has.”

Minhyun swallowed thickly as his eyes automatically found their target – Younghun – who was currently being flocked by stylists of all sorts again, they were messing up his hair and one of the women were quickly ing all the buttons on the relatively shy male’s shirt. Once the elder male moved onto the second set, he could feel himself grow a little hot as he finally got a glimpse of the elder’s abdomen which had grown more defined in the past couple of weeks – which shocked Minhyun, but it also confirmed his suspicion of the elder losing weight.

His heart pounded harshly in his chest and it reverberated loudly in his ears as he watched the model lay on her back on the bed, her shirt ed enough to show a glimpse of her obnoxious neon pink bra. The green monster spiked up within him even more as Younghun climbed onto the bed, lying above her as directed. He watched with anger filled eyes as her hand slipped onto the elder’s bare stomach, her manicured nails ghosting across the flawless skin, before traveling to his side to brush the side of his shirt away, causing it to slip over his shoulder a bit – making it look like she was actually stripping him of his shirt. The intense gazes the two were sending each other as well as the chemistry that they held made it seem as though they were really going to do it in front of him.

As the shoot continued, Minhyun reached his limit and had to step away and into the empty dressing room, especially as the directors eventually did decide that Younghun was to take off his shirt and the two seemed to grow even more intimate. Minhyun tried hard to calm himself down as his anger and jealousy peeked upon hearing the stylists talking about the duo and how flawless they looked together. However, it just surged up again as Younghun walked into the room nearly half an hour later – looking at Minhyun in curiosity and concern, which Minhyun was nearly positive was feigned. However, Minhyun automatically turned away from the older male upon seeing that his shirt was still off.

“What’s wrong, Minhyun?”

“Put a shirt on,” muttered Minhyun, trying hard to ignore the fact that his hands were trembling.

“Why?” whispered Younghun, his breath ghosting across the skin of the younger’s neck.

“We need to get this shoot over with,” stated Minhyun, “I don’t want to be stuck here all day.”

Younghun felt disappoint arise within himself as he peered at the younger, however, he did not allow it to show as he moved away and slipped into the shirt the stylists had told him to.

 

Minhyun thought that the group shoot was going to be better, but oh, it felt worse, it was far more torturous – especially because he had to act intimate with the woman he had been brooding over for the whole morning. He had to act like he liked her – like he liked her tall but thin figure, that he liked her bleached hair, that he liked the makeup caked face. On top of that, he had to deal with the leader, the object of his thoughts since the photo shoot began six hours ago – the male who was still in something you could hardly call a shirt due to its transparency.

As the shoot carried on and Younghun continued to joke around with both the model and the crew members, Minhyun finally decided that he in fact hated Younghun. He hated the precious eye smile that would appear on the older’s face as he smiled or laughed, he hated the way the male would let his hand linger a little too long on the small of Minhyun’s back, he hated him and his eye candy qualities, he hated the elder’s charisma and ability to attract all eyes onto him. He was pretty sure he hated Younghun more than he hated the female model who pressed herself closer and closer to the leader with every shot. What he hated the most though was the cute smile he received from the elder as the shoot finished up, the gentle pat on the back, and then upon exiting being treated as though he was air – as if he didn’t exist but he couldn’t say anything because this was his fault, he was the one who had pushed the elder away.

 

Again...I don't really know what I wrote, but I hope you all enjoyed it all. ^^

Hopefully it wasn't too bad. The past two chapters were about Minhyun and Younghun because as I said a couple chapters ago, I'm trying to end their conflict so we can move onto some of the other characters.