Chapter Twenty-Six

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

June had turned to July and the dog days of summer were racing towards the six males of Spectrum without them really noticing it. Their debut promotions had been quite successful domestically, however, they were still pretty much invisible on the international basis – sure they had some fans from other countries, but not many.

Anyway, with promotions over the company gifted the boys with two weeks off from everything but practices. The days off meant that five of the six males got to happily sleep in, only Xue had to get up early and his reason was none other than school. He was doomed to spend most of his day in the school building while the other five had at most four hours locked up inside their college.

 

“Woojung, please get me another cup of this,” stated Sora, pleading the younger 94-liner who was watching television with he and Minhyun. He pouted, scooting ever so closer – a cute pleading look coming over his face as he did so, “Please?”

Woojung looked at Sora, “You don’t even know what it is.”

“T-That’s not true, I know what I’m drinking,” responded Sora, acting offended.

“Then what is it?”

“Some sort of chocolate drink,” responded Sora, looking at Woojung, “I also know that it’s something that Younghun kindly bought me.”

Woojung shook his head at the elder male’s words, “Look, as much as I want to get another one for myself Sora, I don’t know where it came from.”

“It came from Younghun,” responded Sora, “So go ask him where to get one – or demand another one.”

Woojung shook his head in response, attempting to push away Sora – who was practically straddling him. Just as Woojung opened his mouth to respond, the front door to the apartment opened and Woojung looked over to see Minhyun smirking knowingly, looking at the rather suggestive position he was in with Sora.

“I didn’t know your relationship has reached this point,” stated Minhyun, successfully embarrassing Woojung, “Actually, I didn’t even think the two of you confessed to each other yet.”

Sora looked towards Minhyun, looking just as embarrassed as Woojung. Sora looked at Woojung, freezing when he realizing just how close their faces were – Woojung stared back at Sora in shock as well. The two broke apart, however, as Minhyun walked into the kitchen after throwing his bag down on to the floor of the living room since it held nothing but books, laughing evilly as he did so.

Sora pouted and backed away from Woojung’s face, apologizing for getting so close to him before seating himself back on the other side of the couch. When Minhyun returned to the room, he broke out into a fit of laughter, seeing as how the two were now on opposite ends of the couch.

“Is there anything going on between the two of you that I should know about?” questioned Minhyun, raising an eyebrow and casting a look in Sora’s direction.

“There is nothing going on hyung,” stated Sora, taking a quick glance towards Woojung, which Minhyun didn’t miss.

“If you say so,” stated Minhyun, stealing the remote and changing it to one of the various music channel, his attention being drawn away from the two as Infinite’s ‘Destiny’ music video appeared on the screen.

Woojung looked at Sora, whose attention suddenly turned towards the bedroom as he saw the door open – Woojung followed his gaze to see Younghun rushing out of the room for some reason, hastily pulling on a clean tee-shirt, moving towards the door.

“Now is your chance to ask him where he got the drinks,” whispered Sora, turning towards Woojung whose eyes stayed on the rather worried looking leader.

“I don’t think now is the time,” responded Woojung.

Sora pouted, “Come on.”

“Shut up you two,” responded Minhyun.

“Oh shut up you grouch,” stated Sora, “You are just jealous because Younghun-hyung didn’t treat you to lunch like he did with us.”

Woojung looked at Younghun, awkwardly speaking to the elder – who he hadn’t really talked to much, “Hyung is there something wrong?”

Younghun hummed, grabbing his car keys and wallet from the coffee table where he had placed it when he was eating before his nap, “I just received a call from Hyun Soo – Ha Joon’s school called him.”

“What happened to Ha Joon?” asked Sora worriedly.

Younghun looked at Sora, “I don’t even know – all I know is that Hyun Soo asked me to pick Ha Joon up from the hospital. I also received notice to make it understood that you three are not to step foot out of this apartment.” The three looked at Younghun all in a bit of shock, they had never seen the oldest as serious and as worried as he was currently, “Shin is on his way home right now – Hyun Soo already told him and Jong Suk is bringing him home, he already knows that he’s not to leave the apartment once he steps foot back into here. If I hear of anyone leaving the apartment between the time I leave and Shin arrives with Jong Suk, you all will be facing my punishment – not Hyun Soo-hyung’s.”

The three hummed in understanding, watching as the oldest ran out of the dorm seconds later. Sora looked worriedly towards Minhyun and Woojung, “I wonder what happened.”

“It can’t be good judging, if he threatened to punish us,” muttered Minhyun, he then looked at Sora and Woojung, “I’m not going through another one of his hell like punishments – I couldn’t walk normally for days after doing it.”

“Hyung, did something happen that we didn’t know about?” questioned Woojung, raising an eyebrow at how the older male had worded his sentence.

Minhyun growled, raising his fist – acting as if he was going to punch Woojung who started laughing as Sora sat there a little confused, “We didn’t do anything.”

“Right,” responded Woojung, getting the elder back for earlier, “that’s what you want us all to think – after all you’re the only one who has ever been punished by Younghun.”

Minhyun growled, “Leave the house and you’ll know just what the punishment is.”

“Sorry, I’m not going to risk it,” responded Woojung.

Minhyun growled, “You don’t understand how much I had to run do you?”

Sora looked at Minhyun, “Are his punishments really worse than Hyun Soo’s?”

Minhyun nodded.

Woojung cracked up laughing again, only to actually be punched by Minhyun this time around.

“He made me run until my legs felt like Jello,” growled Minhyun, “I could barely walk and the day after the punishment, my legs felt like they were breaking every time I walked.”

“Isn’t that bad?” questioned Sora.

“No, because Younghun-hyung pushed him to his limit,” stated Shin, causing the three to jump since they weren’t expecting him to be there already, “he made sure  Minhyun stretched and made sure he took breaks to catch his breath and get drinks – it was just that he worked his legs to a point they’ve never reached before.”

“And they hurt like hell afterwards,” responded Minhyun.

Sora nodded, “Is it really as bad as Hyun Soo’s punishment?”

Minhyun looked towards Sora, “How about you leave the apartment and see what he makes you do.”

“Sorry, as much as you want him to leave, I cannot allow it,” stated Jong Suk, entering the apartment to hear Minhyun’s words, “I’m under strict orders from Hyun Soo and the company president.”

Sora nodded while Minhyun shook his head.

“What exactly happened?” questioned Sora, knowing that there were more important subjects that needed to be addressed at the current time.

“I honestly don’t know,” stated Jong Suk, “Only Hyun Soo knows entirely that is wrong – well other than Ha Joon that is.”

The other males nodded in understanding.

 

“What happened?” questioned Younghun as Ha Joon got settled into his seat after Hyun Soo helped him into his seat. Hyun Soo looked towards Younghun as he buckled the magnae’s seat belt for the male who was bruised up. Hyun Soo then put the crutches that the boy would be walking around on for the next two weeks into the trunk of the car.

“He was attacked on his way to school,” stated Hyun Soo, obviously angry, “I though you said that you were going to take him to and from class today.”

Younghun froze up, noticing that he had said that but had actually over slept, however, he didn’t try to use it as an excuse, “I’m sorry hyung.”

“I’m not the one you should be apologizing to,” growled Hyun Soo, “You should be saying those words to Ha Joon.”

Younghun nodded, quietly apologizing to the younger. Hyun Soo slammed the passenger side door shut and walked around the car, talking to Younghun who had started up the car and rolled down the window.

“We’ll talk more when I get back to the dorms,” stated Hyun Soo, looking at Younghun in disappointment, “Be careful on your way back.”

Younghun nodded, guilt bubbling up in the bottom of his stomach as the manager left the two and he turned his gaze back towards the magnae who was bandaged and bruised.

“I’m sorry,” muttered Ha Joon, “you got into trouble because of me.”

Younghun shook his head, smiling towards Ha Joon, “I got myself into trouble since I didn’t do what I told Hyun Soo I would.” Ha Joon opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the leader, “Don’t say that I didn’t know this would happen because I did – well, I didn’t. I just had an idea it would.”

“Did you know about the antifans we’ve developed?”

The oldest nodded, “I was going to tell you all, but Hyun Soo told me to keep quiet – he made me help him hide it from you all. He was worried about it adding to your guys’ stress after our rather disappointing debut promotions.”

Ha Joon hummed falling silent, not knowing how to react to what the elder said.

Younghun sighed, “What all is wrong?”

“It’s nothing serious,” responded Ha Joon, looking at the elder male – who had his eyes glued to the road, “I have a couple of bruised ribs and a sprained ankle.”

Younghun hummed, “That’s a relief when Hyun Soo said you were in the hospital I thought that you were going to be hospitalized for a couple of days or weeks.”

Ha Joon hummed.

“What took so long?” question Younghun, “You left six, almost seven hours ago for school.”

“They had to run a bunch of different tests – they thought I had a concussion,” responded Ha Joon quietly.

Younghun nodded, “I see…”

“Plus, I had to talk to the police, Hyun Soo wanted me to report it since he said that they’ve attacked  one of you hyungs before and one of you guys didn’t report them,” stated Ha Joon, he eyed the leader who looked at little anxious.

“Was it you?”

Younghun shook his head, looking at Ha Joon as they stopped due to running into a traffic jam, “I saw the attack but it wasn’t me.”

“Who was it?” questioned Ha Joon.

“Shin,” stated Younghun, “I was just a witness.”

“Why didn’t either of you report it?” questioned Ha Joon.

“Shin did more damage to the attacker than the attacker did to him,” stated Younghun, “So we both agreed to keep quiet about it.”

Ha Joon laughed lightly, earning him a glance from Younghun again, “What?”

“I find it a little funny, they attack Shin – well, plan to attack him – and in turn is hurt worse than the person who is supposed to be his victim.”

Younghun smiled weakly, “I’m glad you find amusement in that – I guess.”

The magnae laughed at the eldest male’s response.

 

About an hour or so later, all six of the males were sitting in the living room before Hyun Soo, who had just rejoined them in the room with an abnormally quiet leader.

 Hyun Soo sighed speaking up, “I was originally supposed to come back from my meeting with the company president to happily tell you all that you all are to be preparing for your comeback, however, due to events today that could’ve been prevented,” Hyunsoo looked at the leader who was avoiding making eye contact with any of the members, “I had to come back in a sour mood and deliver that message along with another – there have been a few antifans who decided to strike out against you all – the victim of the attack is pretty obvious. However, due to that attack and multiple different threats we’ve gotten – you all are not to travel around by yourself anymore – you are not permitted to leave this dorm without one of us managers with you. It is just a precaution since some of the threats we’ve received are pretty serious sounding.”

The boys nodded in understanding and the manager dismissed them – which lead to the boys all spreading out through the dorms. 

 

Hope you enjoyed. ^^

This chapter takes place at the end of the second full week of July.

Also, if the spectrum members were assigned colors what colors do you think they'd be?