Chapter Thirty-Four

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Hyunsoo paced nervously around in the hall as a bruised Sora, Xue, and Shin sat in chairs, holding ice packs to their bruised skin – their nervous habits showing up as they sat there waiting on news on any of the three members who were in the worst conditions, each had been taken in different directions. Minhyun was taken to get an MRI; he had been conscious upon his arrival at the hospital and showed no signs of a concussion, but the doctors wanted to be sure there was no head trauma from the powerful blow – which was the reason behind he was being kept in the hospital for a couple of days. As for Woo Jung and Younghun, they had no idea where the two had been taken off to.

They were finally reunited with Minhyun, who was dressed in a hospital gown and sweat pants – the male was complaining about the plastic band around his wrist that showed that he was a patient at the hospital.

“What did they find?” questioned Hyun Soo.

Minhyun looked towards the doctor who had walked him down to where they were waiting, and the man took it as his cue to speak.

“We didn’t find anything,” stated the doctor, “However, we’d like to keep him over night to make sure we didn’t miss anything.”

“Alright,” stated Hyun Soo, breathing out a sigh of relief, “Now we just have to wait on news of Young Hun and Woo Jung, however long that will take…”

“I can stay here, right?” questioned Minhyun.

The doctor nodded, reminding Minhyun of his room number – which Minhyun already knew since he had already been into said room.

With that the doctor walked off leaving Minhyun in the waiting room, seconds later another doctor walked to the group – they all recognized him as the one who had taken Young Hun and Woo Jung into the emergency room.

Hyun Soo peered at the man nervously while the other four stayed silent, knowing that the elder would probably snap if they said the wrong thing.

“How are they?” questioned Hyun Soo.

The doctor peered at the man and took a deep breath, “Song Woo Jung-sshi is conscious and is on his way to his room. He, luckily, has no broken bones, however, he’s covered in bruises, some aren’t visible but they are there under his skin. The worst injuries he had were the couple of cuts that required stiches, he’s lucky he escaped with as little injuries as he did. We’re going to keep him over night as a precaution. As for Jung Younghun-sshi, he’s still unconscious. He has a couple of new head injuries, one of which needed stitches. He also needed stitches on the arm that wasn’t in a cast. We’re going to keep him for a couple of nights, because he’s showing signs of a concussion, plus he has a pretty high fever from exertion – or so we believe it is because of so.”

They all nodded in understanding and with that the doctor left them, giving the number of Younghun’s room since the elder male was being kept in a different section from the other two – who they convinced the doctors to let room with each other.

“Now what?” questioned Minhyun, who was now also holding an ice pack against his bruising face.

“You all go visit whomever you choose while I go deal with the police, apparently this isn’t the first time this gang as done something like this before,” stated Hyun Soo.

“Doesn’t Woo Jung have a relation to them, could this come back on us?” questioned Sora.

The manager shook his head, “Not since this isn’t their first attack.”

Sora nodded in understanding before standing up and moved towards Woo Jung and Minhyun’s room, “I’m going to go visit Woo Jung.”

“We’ll come as well,” stated Shin with Xue latched onto his arm.

The male addressed nodded and headed off into the direction Minhyun had directed them, “Aren’t you going to come hyung?”

Minhyun looked towards Sora and shook his head, “I’m going to wonder around for a little bit, I’m going to be holed up in that room later anyways, so let me enjoy my freedom now.”

“Alright,” stated Sora, “While you’re wondering around, be sure to drop by Younghun-hyung’s room, just in case he does regain consciousness.”

The male nodded, moving in the opposite direction of the trio, trying to hide the fact that he was more worried about Younghun than he was letting on.

 

Once they got far enough away from Minhyun, Shin stated, “He’s definitely going to go to Younghun-hyung’s room. He’s clearly worried about him, although he won’t admit it.”

Sora nodded, “He’s a little obvious.”

Shin rolled his eyes, “You’re one to talk.”

“What?” questioned Sora, pink dusting over his cheekbones as he feigning cluelessness.

“You know what,” stated Xue, laughing slightly at his hyung, whose cheeks turned gradually redder. “Anyway, they talk about how you and Woo Jung need to confess to each other, but I think they’re the ones that need to.”

Shin laughed, “I agree, but you have to remember who we’re talking about Minhyun – who flirts with every male and is more stubborn than a herd of mules – and Younghun – who as long as we’ve known has shown no interest in any male or female.”

 Xue nodded in understanding, “He’s seems to like Minhyun, I think his way of showing it is him bickering, but then again – we don’t know.”

“In an interview, he was asked about dating before – I heard that Younghun said that something happened in his past that made him not want to date for a while,” muttered Sora.

“But he’s never said anything about that before,” muttered Shin, thinking back on all the conversations they had had with the leader throughout the six months they had all known each other.

“I guess we don’t know our leader as well as we thought we did,” muttered Xue, earning nods from Sora and Shin in agreement, “Thinking about it, he hasn’t spoken much about his past. The only things we really know are that he has a strained relationship with his abeoji, his mother passed away because of cancer, he came from a filthy rich family, and he hates going to Jeju because of reasons unknown.”

“Now that you’ve brought it up, I’ve realized that we don’t actually know a lot about hyung’s personal life, his life before and after coming to Seoul,” muttered Sora, looking at the other two, “We don’t really know much about each other. Sure, I know quite a bit about Woo Jung’s but that’s because we’ve become a lot closer recently, but I don’t know much about your all’s.”

“I guess in our time off we’ll have to make sure to truly get to know each other,” muttered Shin.

Xue opened his mouth to speak, only to close it again, formulating the words he wanted to say in his head prior to speaking them, “Maybe that’s the reason we don’t have many fans.”

“What?” stated Shin and Sora in shock, shock dressing their facial features.

“Fans have an odd sense of knowing that stuff,” muttered Xue, “Some have the ability to tell if we actually have sibling-like bonds or if it’s all just an act…maybe that’s why we aren’t too popular at the moment.

The elder of the two stared in shock at the magnae’s words.

“Maybe they could sense something – even before we realized it...That we honestly know nothing about each other’s personal lives when we should at least know a little something.” Stated Xue, “Sure, we know of what relatives the members have and other basic things, but not each other’s pasts. The thing that’s most important and that helps us grow into who we are today – the ghosts of the past…the reason we all act the way we do today.”

Sora nodded and Shin hummed, knowing where the younger was coming from and agreeing with the magnae’s words.

 “Think about it, there are a lot of problems between us all,” stated Xue, “There are many things we don’t know, for example – how does Woo Jung have any relation to the gang that attacked us? What’s the reason Minhyun’s so afraid of commitment? On top of all else, why does Younghun-hyung not want any relationships that require being ‘more than friends’? What thoughts run through the oldest hyungs’ brains? What worries constantly plague our leader’s mind and cause him to have so many sleepless nights? Why do Jhun-hyung and Min-hyung put on acts and hide their true self and their true thoughts? Why do so many members of the group Spectrum build walls around themselves and hide their real emotions?”

Sora started at Xue in shock, this had been the first time he heard the magnae speak so much, but he joined in, “Why does Shin choose to blend in with the rest of us rather than stick out – despite his countless talents? Why does he choose to not show some of them to the world?”

“Why does our magnae-nim stay so quiet?” questioned Shin, “He’s supposed to depend on us his hyungs – to take care of him, to listen to his worries, to aid him with his problems.”

Xue looked towards the two with a broad smile, glad that the duo understood what he was getting at, “See, there is still so much we all have yet to learn about each other.”

The two smiled and nodded, knowing what they were going to make the others do during their break.

 

Meanwhile, Minhyun tried to calm his heart that had picked up the pace a little bit upon arriving at the door to the leader’s hospital room. His hands shook slightly as he reached for the door’s knob pulling the door open silently, holding his breath as he walked into the room. As he brought his gaze away from the tiled floor, his let out a slight gasp seeing the elder - who now had a bandage wrapped around his head, hiding away the stiches on the elder’s forehead. He stepped closer, taking a closer look at the elder’s face to see that the elder’s bruises had darkened quite a bit – all taking on ugly purple and yellow-ish colors. There were a couple new bruises on the elder’s face, but for the most part the visible injuries were there before the attack. The realization had Minhyun letting out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding.

A pathetic sound slipped from between the leader’s lips as he attempted to shift in his sleep, causing Minhyun to jump and look at the elder in concern – which he’d never admit he was feeling. The first thing he noticed was that the leader’s eyebrows were furrowed together in pain and his skin was covered in a thin layer of sweat – hinting at his fever.

With a slight sigh, Minhyun collapsed into the chair beside the leader’s bed – guilt ate at him inside for how he had previously spoken to the leader both before the attack and before the male left for the week, but he knew he probably wouldn’t be apologizing – that he was positively not apologizing for his actions and words.

As he continued to sit there in the silence of the hospital room – listening to the elder’s seemingly labored breaths, he thought about the words Woo Jung had spoken to him a couple of nights before, the words had led to him leaving the dorm without answering the younger’s questions, to think. 

 

“You like Younghun-hyung, don’t you?” Silence fell over Woo Jung and Min Hyun as they sat in the bedroom, talking quietly amongst themselves – Xue and Sora were in the living room watching television and Shin was in the company working on some music with a producer. The silence hung over them heavily, until Woo Jung continued on, his voice quieter than before, “What are you going to do when Younghun’s feelings finally surface?”

Minhyun looked at the younger in shock, “What are you even talking about?”

“Younghun-hyung likes you hyung – though he tries really hard to suppress it, it shows in his actions,” muttered Woo Jung, “So what are you going to do about it? Hyung, I know you like him, weither you want to admit it or not, it’s obvious because of how touchy you are getting with him. Plus, when he’s around he’s the only person you flirt with anymore.”

Minhyun looked at Woo Jung with a pointed glare.

“Glare at me all you want, I know that you two like each other,” stated Woo Jung, “However, weither or not you all actually have a relationship is up to you – weither or not you run away like you’ve done countless times before, becoming what many would call a player, that's up to you." 

Minhyun sat listening to Woo Jung, until he finally couldn’t take it any longer – storming out of the apartment, pushing Sora out of the way rather harshly when he tried to intervene in the elder's escape. 

 

Minhyun felt fear rising up in his chest as Woo Jung’s words continued to ring through his mind, he likes you. Minhyun’s hands shook slightly as his mind jumped around. Fear practically consumed him as he stared at the elder male as he realized all the truth in Woo Jung’s words - as he finally put a name to the emotion that had been swimming around both in his head and his stomach for the past couple of weeks. 

He stood up abruptly and the words that slipped from between his lips shocked him, “I’m sorry hyung.”

With that he quickly exited the room, not knowing that there was a pair of hazy eyes following him as he quickly made his escape from the all too silent room and missing the pitiful sounding words that reverberated through the room seconds later.

“For what?”

 

Back in Woo Jung’s room, Sora, Xue, and Shin were excitedly talking to Woo Jung about how Minhyun had gone to visit Younghun – none of them really saw the injured male’s expression change upon hearing that news. Woo Jung’s mind automatically went to the conversation he had with Minhyun those couple of nights ago, he couldn’t help but to worry because he knew if Minhyun did what he thought the elder was going to do, both Minhyun and Younghun would be hurting – though, surely, neither would admit it.

After about half an hour, Minhyun entered the room – his eyes shining with a slight glimmer of fear that only Woo Jung could detect as Minhyun replied harshly to the questions asked by the other three in the room. As Woo Jung continued to stare at the elder, he felt his worry bubble up within.

As that thought passed through his mind, the door burst open and was pushed to the back of him mind upon seeing the glare being sent his way by none other than Hyunsoo, “Woo Jung, you are so damn lucky that you all are not the first idol group they’ve attacked!” 

 

 

So...Yeah...I hope you enjoyed. I'm sorry if any character was out of character in this chapter. *bows* Forgive me, I've been trying my hardest for you all.  Also, sorry for the recent lack of updates. I should be able to post more soon - if not this week next week for sure, since I have a break. However, I have some issues right now known as school projects that I need to get done before writing anymore...

 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter...I kind of feel like this was a fail...Sorry if it is! *bows*