Chapter Fifty-Seven

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Minhyun sat beside the silent Younghun on the couch, reading the magazine article in shock – the magazine was known for their infamous rumors that caused problems for those the said rumors were written about.

“W-what are we g-going to do?” muttered Minhyun, peering at Younghun in shock as the pale leader rested his head on the younger’s shoulder.

“There is nothing to do,” muttered Younghun, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath only to flinch at the pain in his chest as he did so, “Other than be there for the others when they see the news.”

Minhyun looked at Younghun in worry; the fact that the older male was ill was becoming more and more painfully obvious.

“Younghun,” stated Minhyun.

The leader hummed, his hand subconsciously rising to his aching chest and messaging it.

“W-Why did they…”

“I don’t know,” whispered Younghun, coughing into the tissue that was in his other hand, “I don’t know, but one thing I know for sure is that they’re stalking us and they’re aware of things happening within the privacy of our dorms.”

“Is the company angry?” questioned Minhyun.

“Would you be angry if the nation’s most popular rumor mill spread that two of the six members of our group are in a relationship together and there is suspicion of there being more couples within the group?” whispered Younghun, closing his eyes a bit tightly as a wave of pain course from his chest as he coughed again into his hand.

 Minhyun sighed, closing the magazine and tossing them on the table, “How is this going to get cleared up?”

Younghun shrugged, “Minhyun, that’s the one thing I don’t know...it would probably be best if we laid low for a while and let this pass over and comeback when it’s faded from everyone’s memories…”

Minhyun peered at Younghun’s face, shocked to see tears building up in the elder’s eyes. The elder looked so stressed and it was obvious from his trembling hands and fevered skin that he was in no condition to handle all of this stress on his own.

“Why is all this happening?” whispered Younghun, running a very shaky hand through his brown hair that was due for another cut, “They clearly know something is wrong with Sora, so why would these s release something like this?”

“Younghun, calm down,” muttered Minhyun, reaching for Younghun as the elder stood up and began to pace, his breath picking up speed a little bit. Minhyun reached for Younghun’s arm, only to have his hand slapped away, “You’re going to put yourself into the ER, sit down and relax or go and lay in bed – sleep…”

“Minhyun, I can’t calm down,” muttered Younghun, raising his voice, his voice was hoarse and hardly even a quarter of what it was before his getting whatever illness he had, “This is going to destroy Sora. We just got him back to where he needs to be physically and he’s on the road to recovery mentally…i-if the company does what I think they’re going to do then we’re going to be back to block one with Sora. As the group’s leader, it’s my job to take care of you all and I-I don’t think I’m capable of picking him up from the ground again.”

Minhyun sat and stared at the leader in shock, shocked to see the tear slipping from one of the leader’s eyes before the elder harshly wiped it away with a trembling hand. Minhyun watched in slight horror as the leader stopped and stood still, his eyes closed shut tightly and his hand tightly gripping his tee-shirt over his chest area – gasping slightly for air. The little color that had appeared on his skin from the fever faded and the leader’s face looked extremely pale, deathly pale.

“Y-Younghun,” whispered Minhyun in concern, having never seen the elder acting like this before.

“I-I’m fine,” gasped out Younghun, standing still and waiting for his breath to come back to him, “I’m fine, Minhyun.”

“Bull,” growled Minhyun, “You’re clearly not well Younghun.”

Younghun sighed, “I can’t go to the hospital at this time…”

“You need to,” growled Minhyun.

“I can’t!” yelled Younghun, turning to looked at Minhyun with red eyes, his lips were slightly blue and his body trembling, his voice then fell, “S-so, please just drop it for right now.”

Minhyun sighed in aggravation before growling out, clenching his fist and resisting the urge to punch the stubborn male’s cheek, “Younghun, we need you at a time like this. So, be responsible and get better. Stop burdening yourself with you don’t have to do – that doesn’t matter to the survival of this group and take care of yourself.  If you’re really our leader, act like one!” Younghun looked at Minhyun in shock, “If you want to take care of us, you need to first learn to take care of yourself. How can I – how can we trust you to take care of us when you are currently incapable of taking care of even yourself?”

Younghun sighed, running a hand shakily through his hair, snapping out of his mini-mental breakdown, croaking out, “Y-Your right Minhyun.”

“When am I not?” questioned the younger, happy to see that the elder was calming down finally – though physically he still looked like , his thought process was a little clearer.

Minhyun walked carefully up to the leader and wrapped his arms around the trembling male’s neck, pulling the taller close and running his fingers through the leader’s hair, smiling as the leader seemed to relax and bury his head in the crook of the younger’s neck.

“Don’t worry too much about this, as much as you are worrying about this, I’m sure it’s not going to be as severe as you think,” Stated the younger, “So, just relax and take deep breaths.”

“I would if it didn’t hurt to do so,” mumbled Younghun, letting his arms settle around the younger’s waist.

Minhyun smirked at the leader’s still apparent sass, “Don’t worry hyung, if there is something severe that happens in relation to this article, you won’t be the only one facing this because you have Shin, Woojung, Xue, and I to help you – even if it is picking Sora up off the ground for the third time.”

Younghun smiled against the skin of the younger’s neck before sniffling slightly.

“So, do the rest of us a favor and go rest,” whispered Minhyun, smiling as he felt the leader nodding, “If you’re not better the day after tomorrow, you’re going to be going to the hospital – okay?”

Younghun hummed and let go of the younger, “Thank you, Minhyun.”

Minhyun smiled, “Trust Shin and I for help, okay?”

Younghun nodded, messaging his aching temple and then later his aching chest before stumbling towards his bedroom, “Can I trust that you’ll break the news to the other news lightly?”

Minhyun smiled and nodded, “I’ll be nice…but only this one time, so get better faster, alright?”

Younghun forced a smile onto his lips and chuckled, “Alright, Min-ah.”

Minhyun watched the leader stumble to their room and then returned to the couch to flip through the rest of the tabloid, reading other gruesome and harsh articles that were sure to hurt other idols and entertainer’s reputations. Minhyun shook his head as he came across another article about the group, his grasp on the magazine tightened and he looked at it in disgust. He stared at the headline in anger. His anger only rose even more as he carried on reading the information in the magazine article before looking around and feeling paranoid as he came across photos taken from within the dorms.

“What the hell?” muttered Minhyun, glancing around in worry and paranoia, “How the heck is this even legal?!”

Despite the fear and paranoia creeping in, anger was what he felt the most of as he read over the content telling the fans “juicy gossip” which was more like invasion of personal space as the article went on to talk about Sora ‘rumored’ to be diagnosed with anorexia nervosa and a more in depth story of how Woojung was pulled away from promotions to take care of his sick lover.  It carried on by bashing on the WooRa couple and Minhyun learned the full extent of the damage that would be dealt to Sora with the revelation of both the articles – which were connected to each other. He finally realized just why Younghun was panicking before, just why the leader was stressing about Sora’s mental state despite his very, very weak physical state. Plus, Minhyun finally fully grasped the severity of the situation, the amount of stress the leader now had to be under.

The third oldest of Spectrum jumped as Hyun Soo and Jong Suk walked in nosily, both with grim expressions on their faces and anger shining in their eyes.

Hyun Soo looked stressed and sounded a bit angry as he inquired, “Where is Younghun?”

“Younghun is in our room sleeping, why?” questioned Minhyun.

“The president wants to speak to him and me,” stated Hyun Soo, looking very upset about having to wake up Younghun, knowing very well what type of condition the male was in and about the fact that he should not be having to worry about this right now, that he should not have this added stress put onto him because they all knew that his body probably could not take too much more of it.

Minhyun nodded in understanding a bit solemnly.

“I’ve been ordered to take you and the other four to a hotel,” stated Jongsuk, “The company is relocating you all again.”

Minhyun sighed, “Really?”

“As much as I’d like to tell you that that was a joke, I’m not,” muttered Jongsuk, pulling on his own hair lightly, “So, call the others back and we’ll go to the hotel where Hyun Soo and Younghun will be joining us after their meeting.”

Minhyun nodded and pulled out his phone a bit hesitantly as Hyun Soo moved towards the room he shared with Younghun, he sent out as mass text telling the other five to get back to the dorms before turning his attention back towards Jong Suk.

“Are we going to be staying in the hotel until they have another dorm for us?”

Jong Suk nodded, “Yes, Hyun Soo and I will come back here tomorrow to start packing everything up for you all…well, everything you all aren’t bringing with you to the hotel.”

Minhyun nodded and watched worriedly as Younghun stumbled out of the room with the aid of Hyunsoo, the slight blue tint to the leader’s lips worrying him even more as he watched Hyun Soo leading him out of the dorms.

“He needs to go to the hospital,” whispered Minhyun, causing Jong Suk to look at the oldest Spectrum member and nodding.

“We know, but…”

“Now is not the time…” muttered Minhyun bitterly, fury arising within him as he stalked off to his room. 

 

I'm pretty sure I'm at the point where my hands have a mind of their own, writing things that don' t match up to the ideas in my head, but oh well, seeing as how this has opened up some doors for me, I'm just going to keep going with the flow of ideas in both my head and hands. 

Also, I feel a bit bad because I had this chapter already written when I posted the other, but sadly was unable to post it before I went out of town on the eighth I was gone until the thirteenth and when I got back I was too tired to update. Then the next couple of days were spent getting ready to go out of town again this weekend and shopping for one of my sister's birthday gift. 

Anyhow, that's not important at this point in time. This is a message to inform you all that I'm going to be out of town and wil not have any internet nor wifi to update with so there are going to be no updates the seventeenth through the twentieth. Then after that, depending on how chaotic my house is getting ready to go out of town yet again but this time for a longer period of time.

I may or may not post all the chapters I have written so you'll have things to read from July 27 until August 5 or 6 because I have the next chapter already ready to be posted (hidden chapters are amazing) and then chapter fifty-nine is written in a notebook (currently being typed up) and I'm sure that during my outing this weekend I'll be writing more in a notebook so if i have time to type them up I'll have no issue posting them before I leave on my big trip.

So...

What I'm going to to is still up in the air at this point in time, but I just felt like I should inform you that I'll be unable to post July 17-20 (GMT-5) and then most-likely unable to post July 27-August 5 or 6.