Chapter Sixty-Five

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

A week had passed quite quickly, it had been filled to the brim with numerous different activities after their little discussion and their night of seriousness – and opening up to each other – they six had went back to their usual dynamic, but the six were definitely closer though and it was evident in their interactions with each other. Anyhow, in the first week they spent in Jeju, the boys had gone to the beach countless times, went shopping at the numerous different local stores and markets, gone sightseeing,  gone horseback riding, went to a club together (with the exception of Younghun and Xue, who substituted it by going to a festival in the next town over from where they were staying), and they had also done numerous different team building games available in Jeju (paintball, rock climbing, obstacle courses, ect.).

Anyhow, it was the first morning of their second week in Jeju and all six of the males were sitting in the kitchen/dining area of the house, watching as Younghun moved around the kitchen as he made his younger members breakfast – not trusting Minhyun in the kitchen after Minhyun nearly caught Sora on fire after rough housing with the younger male around the stove. Younghun, who had been showering at that time, had walked in to find Xue and Shin immersed in some television show and the other three rough housing in the kitchen. The oldest nearly had a heart attack as he saw Sora slipping and nearly landing with his hand on the burner, luckily Woojung had caught his lover and pulled him away from the stove. Anyhow, Minhyun still got his cooking privileges taken away, not that the younger cared anymore – he had gotten tired of cooking for everyone anyways.

This morning in the Spectrum villa, Younghun moved around the kitchen while Minhyun sat at the island reading some brochures that Xue had picked up while he was out with the leader while the others were clubbing one of the previous nights. Xue sat on the couch with Sora, watching some children’s show. Shin and Woojung on the other hand were occupying the bathrooms and getting ready for the day – they had been the last to wake up.

While everyone else was distracted, Minhyun would occasionally peek up at Younghun, admiring the obviously healthier male. The youngest 93er took a few seconds to admire the fact that the color had returned to the older male’s face and that the older male looked a lot better now than he had before, had sounded a lot healthier.

The abnormal but comfortable silence was broken and the peace turned to chaos as Younghun spoke up for the first time since he had begun cooking, “Breakfast is ready.”

Younghun stepped out of the way as Sora and Xue raced to the island, pushing and shoving each other childishly in a race to get to the food first. Minhyun rolled his eyes and turned his attention back towards the brochures on the table before him.

“So, what are we going to do today?” inquired Minhyun, flicking through the glossed pages boredly.

“Well, apparently there is a storm system moving through,” responded Woojung, “So that wipes out quite a few possibilities.”

Sora pouted, latching onto Woojung’s arms, his actions had Minhyun cringing, “So, what are we going to do?”

 “I dunno.”

“We could all go on little dates,” muttered Sora, “You and I, Younghun and Minhyun, and Shin and Xue.” 

“Technically, Sora,” stated Xue, completely dropping honorifics and speaking informally, “Younghun and Minhyun are not in a relationship, they are just friends with benefits – at least that is all they seem to be letting on, though we know it’s more than that. Also, Shin and I are not a couple.”

“Officially yet,” added Sora, “you guys are practically dating; you guys just don’t have a title.”

“Then we’re not a couple,” added Shin, a smirk playing on his lips as the younger glared at him.

“Shut up,” mumbled Sora, pouting as he carried on stuffing his face with food from the plate the leader had handed him.

“Well, it’s technically true,” muttered Younghun from where he stood on the other side of the island, handing off the final dish to Minhyun, “If we don’t have a title, we’re not technically a couple.”

“Yeah, but technically you guys have dated,” stated Sora, not caring that he had accidentally spit some of his food out during his outburst, which had earned him a glare from Minhyun, “You’ve gone on dates with each other, plus, you’ve both been caught with your tongues down each other’s throats on multiple occasions!”

“But does that mean that they are actually a couple?” inquired Shin, smirking as he watched it all going to Sora’s head as the 94er tried to fully grasp the situation he was suddenly thrown into.

Sora froze, his mind being overrun by the confusing discussion while Woojung just sat at his side, chuckling as he nibbled on the food. Xue smirked from where he was sitting, took a couple of minutes to enjoy the fact that Sora was an easy subject for the oldest trio’s torment which in turn meant that he was free from it.

“Stop thinking so hard and eat,” muttered Younghun as he hoped and sat on of the counters that connected to the island, happily eating there since there were no more stools empty by the small island.

Sora pouted, opening his mouth to respond, only to be cut off by Xue again, “So, what are we going to do today?”

Younghun shrugged, “It’s up to you guys.”

“Well, we need to stay out of the rain,” added Shin, “at least Younghun does.”

The words earned a nod from the rest of the members, all of them agreeing with his words, knowing that the doctors had made a point to continuously tell them to make sure he stays out of the rain for a while due to his pneumonia.

As if on cue, the leader began to cough – concerning the other members as their heads shot up and gazed at the leader to see the tears b his eyes and the male holding his chest.

“Hyung, you alright?”

“I’m fine,” coughed Younghun, lightly hitting his chest, “I-I just choked on my food.”

The five relaxed in their chairs, slightly glaring at the male for scaring them as he had.

“Anyhow, does anyone have ideas,” muttered Younghun, wiping away the tears that had built up from the painful coughing bout due to the food and how raw his throat and lungs felt from all the coughing he had been doing in the past few weeks.

The younger members shrugged and silence fell over them all again as they all returned their focus towards their food.

“Seriously hyungs, what are we going to do today?” inquired Sora, purposely repeating the same sentence for the fourth time.

Younghun shrugged, “What ever you guys want to do, if you want to go out with Woojung you can.”

Sora smiled, pleased with the elder’s response, before nudging the younger 94-er, “Want to get some time away from these idiots?”

Woojung smiled widely at Sora’s words, biting back a chuckle as Minhyun spoke up from behind the pamphlet he was looking at, “That’s bold words for someone who doesn’t know his group mate’s relationship statuses.”

Sora pouted while Woojung rolled his eyes at Minhyun’s sass filled response to the younger’s question. However, Woojung ended up nodding and agreeing to the proposed date – ignoring the smirks that played on Younghun and Shin’s lips, though he did not know their exact cause.

“What about the rest of us?” inquired Xue, “I’m getting kind of bored of this house and constantly being stuck with Younghun while you guys go out to drink – not that I don’t like Younghun-hyung or something like that, but there is only so much we can do before I get bored of being around him. No offense hyung.”

“None taken,” responded Younghun coolly, smirking at the magnae as he stated, “I’m getting tired of you brats as well.”

“Hyung is definitely feeling better,” responded Sora, attempting to steal food off of Minhyun’s plate, only to pull his hand away when the elder slapped it and pout as he witnessed Younghun succeed in stealing food just seconds later.

“That I am,” responded Younghun, smirking at Sora – who glared at him cutely before glancing back at the supposedly oblivious Minhyun.

“Let’s go out,” stated Shin, smiling towards the magnae, who had finally looked up from his food, “I’ll take you out to where ever you want to go, okay? Give those two sometime away from us ‘brats’.”

Xue smiled towards the elder happily, nodding in agreement to his words.

“We’re going out as well,” stated Younghun.

“No, we’re not,” shot back Minhyun, eyeing all the pamphlets again before peering at the other couples in mild jealousy – silently cursing them for putting him on babysitting duty, though he was supposed to be watching over his not-lover.

Younghun looked at Minhyun, setting his empty plate aside, defiantly stating, “Then I guess I’m going out on my own.”

“No you’re not,” fired back Minhyun, the other four agreeing with him.

Younghun sighed in aggravation, “Then what the hell do I get to do?”

“Stay indoors and out of the rain,” responded Sora, quoting the elder’s doctor from the hospital.

Younghun rolled his eyes, “I’m not going to get sick from the rain.”

“You could get worse though,” responded Sora.

“No, I can’t,” responded Younghun, “It is going away and I’m feeling better, plus, the medicine will stop anything before it starts.”

“Right,” mumbled the other members doubtfully.

“I can take care of myself, you idiots,” responded Younghun, trying hard to ignore the nagging in the back of his mind about how he could not take care of himself or his charges.

“Right,” mumbled the five again in unison.

Younghun rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time before hopping off the counter and mumbling, “I might as well go to bed, seeing as how you guys have me on lock-down.”

“You’re being a bit dramatic,” muttered Minhyun.

“Good,” stated Younghun.

Minhyun shook his head at the elder’s childish response that held no relevance to what the younger had previously stated.

“Anyhow,” stated Xue, deciding to change the subject before it ended up in another immature couple quarrel, “Thanks for breakfast, hyung.”

“You are welcome,” responded Younghun, placing his plate in the sink before moving towards the couch, “Since I’m not allowed to go anywhere, Minhyun you get the wonderful task of cleaning the dishes.”

“What the hell?” growled Minhyun, glaring at the elder, “Why do I have to do them?”

“Well, you’re the babysitter, aren’t you?” hummed Younghun tauntingly.

“I can’t believe you and your immaturity,” mumbled Minhyun, shaking his head as he peered at his not-lover who settled down on the couch. Younghun stared at him from across the floor, a smirk playing on his lips as he saw Minhyun’s eye twitch lightly in aggravation. “Stop your sulking.”

“Nope,” responded Younghun childishly, a cute smile playing on his lips as he stretched out across the surface of the couch – hiding him from the other’s gazes.

“You are just as childish as we are, if not more,” chimed in Sora.

“Well, I am only a year older than you,” stated Younghun, “Yes, I’m the leader and the oldest, but you guys seem to think I need to act like a stubborn old man all the time – like the company wants me to.”

“Yeah, so,” muttered Sora, “You are an adult, you should be more mature than us.”

“You seem to have forgotten this, but you’re an adult as well Sora,” deadpanned Younghun, “well, you are legally an adult now and you have been one since you turned twenty on July seventh.”

“Oh…yeah,” muttered Sora, the leader’s silencing his argument.

“So, when are you guys leaving?” inquired Younghun, curiously.

“Why, you want some along time with Minhyun?” inquired Woojung without hesitation because the leader set him up for this question.

“Hell no,” responded Younghun, “I want to nap and you all are too loud.”

“By nap you probably mean sleep with Minhyun – in a different connotation,” smirked Sora, joining in with Woojung’s teasing.

Minhyun rolled his eyes, “Damn it all, you two stop being so childish and Younghun, stop setting yourself up for this bull. It’s unattractive.”

“Well, considering that we’re already dating,” stated Woojung, “We don’t need to worry about it.”

However, before Minhyun could even respond to Woojung’s sassy reply, he was cut off and distracted by Younghun croaking out, “Your personality is unattractive!”

“Ohhh!” cried Sora and Xue in excitement at the leader’s witty comeback.

Sora, deciding to take it a step farther chimed in, “Do you need some ice for that burn?”

The fourth-oldest closed his mouth and looked at the older male in silence as Minhyun met his gaze and sent him a death glare. Deciding that he could not do something to the duo and get away with it, stood up and set his pate aside before approaching the couch – approaching his unsuspecting victim; upon rounding the couch, he released a punch on the older’s shoulder. Younghun, having not expected the punch, frowned and rubbed his sore shoulder.

“You’re such a ,” muttered Minhyun, “I don’t know why I found you attractive.”

Ignoring the second part of Minhyun’s statement, he turned towards the third oldest and stated, “Takes one to know one!”

“You’re on a roll today!” crowed Sora in laughter, nearly spitting out a mouthful of food as he stood up from the island, cheerfully bounding over to the couch. As he swallowed, he approached the 93-not-love line and ignored Minhyun as he cheerfully high-fived the smiling oldest.

“He’s being childish!” retorted Minhyun.

“As he has the right to be,” responded Shin, collecting Xue’s empty dishes as well as Sora and Woojung’s before moving towards the sink and dropping them in.

Minhyun scowled at the support the others were giving the leader. Younghun smirked towards his not-lover, who in return flopped down onto Younghun’s stomach and in turn knocking the breath out of older male. Minhyun smirked while Younghun grabbed his shoulders and shoved him backwards, in turn causing the younger to scoot back slightly; moving from sitting on the leader’s stomach to where he was straddling the older’s hips. Minhyun, too focused on trying to push Younghun back onto the couch, and Younghun, too focused on trying to push the younger off of him, did not notice just how suggestive their position had become.

“Hyungs, get a room!” called Xue, shocking the duo out of their little fight.

Upon hearing the magnae’s voice, the duo pulled away from each other and separated their faces – which had previously been a couple of centimeters away from each other. Minhyun, trying hard to hide the red tint his cheeks were taking on, moved off the leader’s hips but stayed seated on the elder’s lap, not bothering to get off.

“So, when are you guys leaving?” inquired Minhyun, repeating Younghun’s earlier question.

“We’re going to go get ready to go now,” responded Xue, “We’ll be out of your way in a couple of minutes.”

Shin hummed as he moved towards his room with his roommate, going to collect his phone and wallet, “We need to grab the necessities before heading off.”

Younghun rolled his eyes, trying to ignore Minhyun’s fingers dancing across the skin of his stomach – his hands somehow ending up under the older’s shirt when the leader was not paying attention. The younger 93-liner had made an effort to keep his wondering hands hidden from the other members, but let his smirk show through his otherwise blank expression.

As Sora resurfaced from his room with Woojung, being dragged towards the door, he cheerfully inquired, “So, you guys really are going to use this alone time to see each other undressed, huh? Be sure to actually do it, since you two supposedly haven’t done anything yet…maybe it’ll diminish the tension surrounding you two.”

The younger’s words made the leader blush and look away sheepishly while it made Minhyun peer at Sora blankly and smirk, seriously stating, “So what if we are?”

Sora froze in shock as he peered at the elder male, completely dumbfounded by the response he had gotten from Minhyun – no hints of sarcasm or humor in his voice. Woojung had frozen for a second as well, only for a second though, having not expected the older male to respond in such a blunt manner. 

 

As of ten days ago, this story turned two years old. Man, does time fly. It's hard to believe (to me at least).

So, any request on what you want to see in my next update (whenever that is, considering I'm not officially back yet from my unofficial hiatus since I have not only a research paper that needs to be written and turned in by April 11, but also a couple of speechs that'll need to be written and given somewhere in the mix - oh, we must not forget about some intense studying sessions for Anatomy tests. We must also not forget the two hour track practices i have to attend after school and random track meets thrown in too)?

I'm really sorry for being such a horrible author (in reference to my lack of updates for the past five months).