Chapter Seventeen: Jayden

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



"You can use your innocent powers of seduction! You're the youngest, so you can trick them into helping you pass the final round!"

Jayden tried to stifle his laughter, but he couldn't contain it. He covered his mouth and looked down at the brown bench beneath him, hoping that everyone around him wouldn't notice. He realized how long it's been since he's talked this much. It felt like he found the missing piece that he lost when he began training. He was so lost in the conversation, that he didn't realize that the train was in front of him. "I have to go, the train is here!" Before he could even get a response, he hung up and walked into the cart.

....

Jayden pranced down the eerie dimly lit corridor that led to his families apartment. This may have been the one thing that he didn't miss about this building, the dark hallways, the creepy neighbors, but, it did have a beautiful view. He finally made his way to the door. He stuck his hand into his back pocket and pulled out a magnetized key. He slowly put the key into the hole and as he pushed the door open, he realized nobody was home.

He took off his shoes and neatly placed them on the shoe rack directly next to the door. He walked into the magnolia colored living room and he threw his clothing filled backpack onto the couch. 

....

"Where are you?" Jayden asked his brother, while he sat searched for ways to attack people and not get arrested. 

"We're eating McDonalds... Is that a problem?" His brother, Ethan, retorted.

"I rode 2 buses, a train, and walked to the apartment for this?" He thought to himself, as he continued to browse through website after website. "It is a problem, mainly because I'm sitting here waiting for my lovely family to show up!" Jayden shouted at the phone, but calmed down afterwards, to avoid any problems with the neighbors.

"Oh... That was today? I must have gotten my days mixed up, sorry." Jayden could hear the sarcasm in his brothers voice, but he decided to stay calm.

"Yes, yes it is today. While you 3 are out frollicking around the city and having yourself a merry little day, I've been sitting here waiting for you people to show up! Today is my day and you're not going to ruin it by playing your childish lit... hello?" Before he could finish his rant, his brother hung up on him.

....

"We're going to pitch slap you so hard, your man s are going to concave."

Jayden sat on the couch watching his favorite movie, Pitch Perfect. He recieved the movie as a gift, but he never got a chance to watch it. He was so into the movie, that he hadn't noticed that his family had arrived. His brother slowly crept up behind him and touched his shoulder. Jayden didn't know if he should scream or cry, so he did both.

His mother scolded his brother, Ethan, before rushing over to his side, and rubbing his face. "Mommy is so sorry! We didn't even know you'd be here!" She continued to pinch at his cheeks, until he moved her hands aways.

"I'm perfectly fine. Everyone is away visiting their families and whatnot... So, I'm here!" He stood up and walked towards the kitchen, in which his father was located. He hadn't spoken a word since he'd arrived. "What's up, pops?" Jayden gave off an awkward smile as he stared at his father, who stood on the opposite side of the dark wood table.

His father sat down in a matching chair and nodded towards the chair across from him. "Another long winded speech," Jayden thought to himself before he sat down. "Can you and Ethan go into another room?" The man looked towards his wife and she pulled the boy by his arm to one of the rooms.

"Son," Jayden didn't know what this could be about, so he hadn't prepared himself for the words that were about to come. "I don't want you in this music buisness. It's not lucrative." Jayden was confused about the whole entire situation, but even if he wanted to respond he couldn't, because his father had more to say. "Even if you make it into the group, you're only 14. You'll get dropped in a few years in favor of a younger, newer group..."

Jayden stuck his fingers in his ears and closed his eyes. He began to chant "La La La," in hopes that his father would stop talking. But it didn't work. The man reached over the table, pulled swatted the boys hands, and gave him a stern look. "I am your father, so you'll show me respect!" He said in a harsh tone, looking at his son, who kept his head down.

"I've worked to hard to give up now! I mean, if I do get eliminated, I can at least say I tried!" Jayden tried his best to keep the conversation on a light note, hoping that the man would relent, which seemed to work. "That's exactly it, what if you do get 'eliminated' what will you do then, huh? It hurts to see your babies - your children, crying and hurt when somemthing happens to them, and you can't do anything to fix it. I don't want that again." Jayden didn't know what to say, he had so much he wanted to say, but it all flew out of the window, when he saw his father breakdown.

Maybe the music industry isn't for him, after all. He missed the arguments, the fights with his "protective" brother, his overly enthusiastic mother, and his strict but caring father. "So, how long are you going to be here?" His father questioned, ending the silence. "I'm leaving tomorrow..." Jayden looked at his father, then he looked back at his lap, fiddling with his fingers.

"You should probably get some sleep, you need to be energized for tomorrow." Jayden smiled at the words of his father. He did have a heart, he just didn't show it often.

....

"So, tell me about the group, your frenemies, ya know?" Jayden's brother Ethan questioned, as he sat on the bed across from Jayden's.

"I'll pretend like I didn't hear the last part... But, I'm the youngest, so I'm like the cub who doesn't get enough food, and dies.Yonghun is the oldest. I really like everyone." Ethan had a confused look on his face. "Do you only know one person in the group? I said frenemies. No wonder why they dropped you from that other company... Actually, what kind of sentence is that... It made me puke in my mouth." 

Jayden exhaled, beginning to talk again. "Well, that was hurtful and disgusting, but we'll overlook that... So, I guess I'll start on Yonghun... He's the oldest, he looks out for us all. Shin, he's another strong one," Before he could finish the sentence, he was interrupted by his brother. "Well, I'm pretty sure they're all stronger than you, but continue." Jayden rolled his eyes at the comment, before talking about the group, again. "Theres me, stunningly beautiful, childlike exuberance, youthful, delightfully sassy, bows at a 90 degree angel, a cupcake advocate," once again, he was cut off. 

"Firstly, you wish those were traits that you possesed and secondly, you wish those were traits that you possesed." Ethan began to laugh at himself falling back onto his bed.

"Since you said that, I'm going to sleep, we'll talk about it tomorrow, nighty-nighty, brother." With that, Jayden crawled into his bed, and pulled the sheets over his head. "Wait, I'm sorry, continue on with your story, I'll be quiet... Jay?" Even though he wouldn't admit it now, Ethan missed having his brother back.

 


Everything is a little ambigious. Kind of everywhere. I re-wrote this like 5 times, internet failures, yada, yada, yah, irrelevant. I originally had another idea for this, but it didn't turn out well.

 

It's not everywhere (to miko675), I think the chapter turned out well, considering that it gave an insight on Jay. ^^

 

 

 

On another note, you've all gotten to know all ten of the characters better now. Now, I have another favor to ask - this one isn't anything like writing a chapter - this is one that can take mere minutes. Anyway, the new favor is tell me via a private message who the four characters you like best are - do not include Jhun  or your own character. You can give me the name of one character or the name of four - what ever you choose to do (I'd perfer four characters though). Those who don't have characters in the final ten or didn't even apply are welcome to participate in this as well, however, if you don't have a character in the final ten you can choose five of the characters - if you wish (again, not including Jhun).

Please realize that this is to help me see who fan favorites are - similar to what a entertainment company might possibly do - however, there is a chance it'll influence my choices come a couple of chapters from now when I have to pick five members (reconsidering choosing six other characters and making the group seven members instead of six), but there is a good chance that it won't. Also, don't communicate about what characters you told me you like, it is supposed to be an anonimous vote - you aren't supposed to know who others voted for. 

 

Also, I'm open to hearing if you have any ideas for events that should happen during their showcase - from things that happen on stage and back stage, to songs they should perform - I'm open to all suggestions (even solos - but you'll have to tell me if you want anything for your character's solo). 

 

Both things listed above are optional, I know I've probably made you all a little aggrivated by asking you all to write your own chapters about your characters, but I'm trying to let you all participate in the direction the story goes at the beginning since there probably won't be too much of it later on in the story, despite how much I like reader-involvement.

Sorry for rambling on.

- Lane