Chapter Thirty-One

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}
The day following the day at the gym, the atmosphere around the dorm was off compared to what it normally was and it the breakfast provided by the leader was awfully silent compared to what it normally was mainly since there was no bickering going on the only noise that was filling the rather silent dorm was the conversation between the leader and the two managers who were going over the schedules for the next couple of weeks as well as Younghun’s drama schedule that required him to go to Jeju and the other being a one sided conversation between Sora and Woo Jung, as for the other three – they all seemed to be still half asleep.
 
“Since you all are up now,” stated Hyun Soo, “The Company has decided to re-evaluate you all in a week – once Younghun returns from his shoot in Jeju. It’s not that they’re going to replace any of you; it’s just that they want to switch around the roles a bit, make some of you have more permenate roles in the group since there are some disagreements within the fandom about what roles you all have. Plus, they want to see if you all are improving in any field, since they aren’t seeing many improvements from you all – if it comes down to the fact that none of you are getting better through these ten to twelve hour practices, the company I going to hold you all away from the stage for a bit so that you comeback as even better performers than you already are.”
 
The five males who hadn’t heard of the evaluation before looked at the manager in shock.
 
“The company will also be evaluating your physical conditions, meaning your stamina and ability to go through about three hours without much of a break – for whenever you all do have your first solo concert,” stated Hyun Soo, cleaning up the papers that he had strewn around the island where he and Jhun were sitting while the others were sitting at the actual table, “Plus if you can go through three hours straight of physical activity, you all should be able to perform flawless vocally for three minutes while dancing.”
 
The males nodded in understanding.
 
“Anyway, aside from that, you all are to go back to having vocal practices and dance practices with teachers here in the company like you all did when you were trainees, it’s to get your skills refined for the evaluation as well as the comeback you all will have – whenever the company actually decides on your return date.”
 
The males nodded in understanding.
 
“Anyway, today you all will return to your dance practices with Shim-Seongsangnim,” stated Hyun Soo, automatically pulling a groan out of all the male’s lips.
 
“Why him,” muttered Sora, “Of all teachers, why him?”
 
“Because he is the one who will guarantee your all’s improvement,” stated Hyun Soo, “Plus, your refinement since I agree with the administrators, your all’s skills have gotten a bit rough with your first comeback – we all were surprised your popularity actually grew with the last round of promotions, since compared to your debut your vocals were complete crap.”
 
The males all looked at him in shock.
 
“Sora’s improved but with the rest of you…not so much,” stated the man, peering at the males who all stared at him in complete shock at the man’s blunt words. The males all nodded and then the manager continued on, “Anyway, you all to return to your lessons with you, Younghun is to join you all the day before the exam and not today since he’s going to be catching a flight to Jeju here in a couple of hours. Younghun has to be at the airport at seven-thirty and you all have to be at practice at eight, you all better be getting ready rather quickly as well as eating.”
 
The males all nodded in understanding.
 
 
 
About an hour later, the boys found themselves dropping their leader and one of their managers off at the airport before speeding off towards the company building where Shim-Seongsangnim was waiting for them, probably preparing their death.
 
Upon entering the room, the boys were relieved to see that the teacher hadn’t arrived before them and they quickly threw their things down in a corner of the room before starting their stretching, knowing that the practice coming was going to be living hell because it wall known that Shim was Satan’s brother.
 
“Ah, boys, it’s good to see that you all are finally here – you guys made me wait for fifteen minutes, which means I get to hold you all here for thirty more than what I was supposed to,” stated the man who was nearing his later forties as he walked into the room, an evil grin playing on the corner of his lips.
 
The members let out muffled groans, playing them off as groans from how tight their muscles were – even Minhyun groaned.
 
“Alright, boys, welcome back to hell on Earth,” stated the older male, walking over to them all, making sure they stretched out fully and properly.
 
 
 
Around five or so hours later, Teacher Shim finally granted them all a break, which had them all collapsing to the floor in exhaustion, they were all covered in a thick layer of sweat and their breaths came out in pants as their burning lungs became greedy for air. The air in the room was suffocating since it was so hot, but the males didn’t complain since they were thankful the man had actually granted them all a break, which he was known for giving very little of.
 
“We’ve survived half of today’s hell,” muttered Minhyun.
 
The other males nodded, messaging their aching muscles, even the fit members were succumbing to the exhaustion. The room was silent – Sora was too tired to talk, still trying to catch his breath and mentally prepare himself for the rest of the practice. However, despite the room being silent, eyes were wondering all over the place.
 
Woojung’s automatically being glued to Sora who laid strewn out on the sweat coated floor, his eyes were closed and his chest was rising and falling with each rapid breath. The older 94er’s shirt had also risen up a bit, allowing the younger to see a sliver of very alluring milky white skin. The male’s shorts tempting him by showing him the skin of the elder’s thigh – bringing rather inappropriate thoughts into his mind and rising an even more troublesome problem, which he was quick to hide as he thought of something disgusting to get his mind away from the lust filled thoughts that were invading his tired brain.
 
Sora on the other hand finally caught his breath and found himself sitting up, slouching over as soon as he was up right. With a huff of exhaustion his eyes were glued to the mirror, watching as the younger 94er shifted around a little uncomfortably where he sat in the opposite corner of the room. He felt something bubbling up in his chest and it scared him a little – he knew what it was but he was terrified of rejection like every other human.
 
 As for the other three in the room, they were silent, resting before the second half of the hell like practice. As they sat in silence a sudden high pitched chime echoed through the room, signaling that someone was getting a phone call or a text. Woo Jung recognized his ring tone and reached for his bag, which he automatically pulled his phone out of to read the caller ID to read the name Park Jong Dae.
 
“Why is he calling me?” muttered Woojung, “We haven’t talked in months…”
 
“Are you going to pick it up or not?” groaned Minhyun from where he was trying to sleep.
 
Woojung rolled his eyes and picked it up, “Hello?”
 
“Woojung – I know it’s rather random for me to call you but it’s important,” stated the male on the other side of the line, “Really important.”
 
“What is it then?” questioned Woojung.
 
“The word around the gangs here is that someone’s holding a large grudge against you,” stated the other male, “I just heard about how there have been attacks on your group and I’m positive these attacks are not just common occurrences – attacks performed by antifans – and I have an idea of jus who is doing them.”
 
“Who?” questioned Woo Jung, not minding the call now that he realized it does have a pretty important topic to it.
 
“Someone connected to you and me.”
 
“He’s still holding that grudge?”
 
“Very much so,” whispered Jong Dae, “All of those in that gang hold a grudge against you still – which is why they’re going after you. Listen I called to warn you since I still hang around with some of them members of the gang, so I could be in serious trouble if it gets out that I was the one who told you.”
 
“Thanks for the warning, Jong Dae.”
 
“One more thing Woojung,” stated Jong Dae, “The worst has yet to come those who are holding the grudges have yet to attack you, those you’ve fought off are their new recruits. He’s gotten stronger and they will find ways to get to you – they will find your weaknesses. They are determined to do so. They won’t stop until they’ve gotten their revenge on you…if hurting your groupmates is what it takes, they’ll do it.”
 
Woojung stayed silent, taking in the information – the warning, smiling slightly at the idea of the man in question actually being a challenge this time around.
 
“They seem to be in your leader especially because he’s filthy rich plus I heard someone is paying for his demise,” stated Jong Dae.
 
“Why would they want to beat him up?” muttered Woo Jung, his voice quiet so that the others wouldn’t hear him.
 
“His family is so rich they don’t know what to do with their money, plus he probably carries quite a bit of money around in his wallet,” stated Jong Dae, “Plus rich people always have grudges and jealousy shrouding them.”
 
“So, you’re saying that Younghun has someone with a grudge on him?” stated Woo Jung, “The one person I’m pretty sure no one has the ability to stay mad at.”
 
The male looked around the practice room to see that none of the members were listening in, much to his relief.
 
“Yes, mainly grudges that come from jealousy,” stated Jong Dae, “He’s filthy rich – as I’ve previously stated and is liked by many people, it’s plenty enough reason to be jealous.”
 
“So, I’ll need to warn him…”
 
“Most definitely,” stated Jong Dae, “From what I’ve heard they’re going to go attack him before coming for you. Anyway, I’ll let you get back to your practice now. Oh, and the longer you ignore them, the more violent they will get – so be careful.”
 
“Alright,” stated Woo Jung, rather awkwardly, not really knowing what else to say to the other male, who ended up hanging up on him anyways.
 
As soon as the call ended, he was subjected to Sora’s interrogation which was brought about by the elder’s curiosity.
 
“Who was on the phone?” questioned Sora.
 
“Someone you don’t know,” stated Woo Jung.
 
“Who was it?” questioned Minhyun, joining the younger males.
 
“Jong Dae,” stated Woo Jung, knowing that the elder would know who he was talking about.
 
“What did he want?” questioned Minhyun.
 
Woo Jung looked towards Sora before looking towards the elder, whispering so that only the 93er could hear, “He was warning me.”
 
“About what?” questioned Minhyun.
 
“An old enemy who is planning to attack me out of revenge for something that happened a while ago,” stated Woojung.
 
“Oh,” stated Minhyun.
 
“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go make another call…”
 
With that, Woo Jung moved out of the room. Minhyun didn’t question the younger’s antics, knowing that there was something that the younger wasn’t telling him – that there was something else going on that was causing him to act out of character.
 
 
 
Once he reached the safety of the single stall restroom, he dialed the leader’s number, mentally preparing himself for what was probably going to be a rather awkward conversation. The eldest picked up on the second ring, sounding rather cranky.
 
“What is it Woo Jung?”
 
“I need to talk to you hyung, I know you’re filming but we need to talk.”
 
“What is it?” questioned Younghun, the tone of his voice allowing the younger to know the elder was rather concerned – probably since Woo Jung hardly called him, only calling if it was really important.
 
“Be careful,” stated Woo Jung suddenly.
 
“Why?”
 
Woo Jung took a deep breath, explaining everything he had heard from Jong Dae to Younghun, whose mood seemed to darken immensely. The concerned tone of the leader’s voice reverberated through Woo Jung’s ears, only to suddenly fall silent.
 
“Hyung?”
 
“Listen I need to get back to filming, but keep your eyes open – watch out for the other members until I can come back next week. We’ll talk more about this later, when I’m actually in a situation where I can actually help you all if something does actually happen.”
 
“Alright,” stated Woojung, a feeling in his gut telling him that something bad was bound to happen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you all enjoyed the rather short and probably unfulfilling chapter...but hey, I updated that's good enough right? Anyway sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm currently posting this via phone since my computer overheated yesterday and my father told me not to use it. Also, sorry for the late update, school's been a lately...between school, sports practice and homework I've had no time to do anything but those things as well as eat and sleep the past couple of weeks. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Comment if you'd like. ^^