Chapter Thirteen: Len (Minseok)

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

The fourth oldest of Spectrum found himself bounding up the stairs of the apartment building he and his siblings lived in with their cousins – who honestly weren’t seen too often.  Excitement seemed to ease out of the optimistic male’s pores, especially as the familiar red door came into his sight and he typed in the passcode. As the door clicked open with a familiar chime, he stepped into the apartment – seeing his sibling’s shoes sitting at the front door in a rather messy pile – he couldn’t but to smile, he had missed his siblings in the past months that he had spent living in the dorms with his group mates and felt bad for leaving them in the care of his cousins.

“Mi Young,” called out Minseok, “Xing?”

As soon as his voice echoed through the rather silently halls of the house, the patter of small feet hitting the floor grew louder and the young five year old appeared – smiling widely towards his older brother.

“Appa,” stated Xing, moving towards his brother, his arms held open – wanting to be hugged, to be picked up.

With a wide smile, Minseok lifted the younger up, holding the five year old close as he spoke, “You’ve grown in the couple of months I’ve been busy – surely I wasn’t gone that long.”

Xing seemed to ignore his brother’s words and hugged him tightly, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too Xing,” stated Min Seok, who was pretty sure that he had last come to see his siblings a little under two weeks ago.

“Appa, missed you,” restated the little boy, pouting.

“I missed you too,” repeated Minseok, smiling towards the younger and moving into the apartment, “Mi Young?”

Xing looked towards his sister’s room, “Noona!”

As soon as the little one called, the sixteen year old peeked her head out of her room – smiling towards her oppa, moving into the living room to hug said older male, who happily welcomed the younger to do so.

As the girl pulled away, she looked towards her oppa, “Why haven’t you come to visit us sooner?”

“I’m sorry, I’ve been really busy with the group preparing for the final auditions and all,” stated Minseok, looking towards his sister, who looked rather frustrated with him, he looked at her with an expression that looked-liked like a kicked puppy’s, “Please forgive me?”

The sixteen year old couldn’t help but to smile at her oppa’s smiled, “I can’t be mad at you oppa.”

The oldest of the trio’s million watt smile reappeared on his lips as he moved towards the couch, where he sat down, happily allowing his five year old brother cuddle up against him – listening to the young boy’s story about something that had happened at the park the previous day when he and Mi Young had gone on a walk. However, the young boy’s story was cut short as the phone rang and Mi Young picked up only to hand the phone over to the oldest after a short conversation with the person on the other end of the line.

Minseok looked towards his dongseang, expecting her to tell him who the caller was, however, the sixteen year old just too her seat on the couch beside her brothers – not even bothering to hint at who it was.

“Hello?” stated Minseok, a bit hesitantly, wondering just who was calling and why.

“Kaoru?”

“Eomma?”

“How’ve you been?” questioned his mother, curiously, “I heard from Mi Young that you’ve been busy training and getting ready for some sort of final audition?”

“That’s right,” stated Min Seok a bit excitedly as he did so, “I’m getting ready for a final for a group.”

“Why didn’t I hear about this any sooner?” questioned the adult on the other end of the line, making Min Seok smile impossibly wider, “I’m your mother after all, I deserve to hear this before anyone else.”

Min Seok let out a small laugh before stating, “I’m sorry eomma, I’ve been so busy that it kind of slipped my mind.”

“It slipped your mind?” stated the woman on the other line, “Kaoru, it hurts to know that telling your mother something so important just simply ‘slipped your mind’. I’m your mother I gave birth to you and raised you.”

“I know eomma,” stated Min Seok, “I’m sorry.”

“Sure you are,” stated the woman, her voice making it sound as if she was pouting on the other end of the line, “back to my first question though, how are you?”

“I’m good, eomma,” stated Min Seok, smiling into the receiver, happy to be talking to his mother after such a long time – it had been a while since he had been able to talk to her due to his previous busy schedule with the filming for the show and the practices for the final audition.

“Have the other boys been treating you well?” questioned the woman, her mother bear instincts coming out.

“Yes, they all have been treating me well,” stated Minseok, “They all are very nice and are all very talented.”

“Well, to be in the final ten, you obviously have to be,” stated the woman, “So, what are your chances of making it into the group?”

“I’m not too sure really,” stated Min Seok, “They’re good, after all, my voice is better than most.”

“Kaoru,” stated his mother in a rather stern voice, not liking the arrogant tone in her son’s voice, “Please be serious here – if you’re in the final ten you all have to be good. It’ll be very difficult to make it into the group if you don’t put any effort forward.” Min Seok made a slight noise of agreement before his mother popped another question, “So, when I the final auditions?”

“They are in two weeks,” stated Min Seok, “Why?”

“I’m going to come visit you then,” stated his mother through the phone, “After all I’ve been meaning to come visit you, Miyoung, and Xing. Plus, I want to see you perform Kaoru.”

“If you say so mom,” stated Min Seok, doubting his mother a little bit.  

“I promise you Kaoru,” stated the woman, “I’ll be there at the show with your sister and brother.”

“Even if you see the show, you won’t know if I made it into the group until later,” stated Minseok.

“I know, but still, I want to see you perform,” stated his mother, sounding like she was pouting again.

“Mom, are you pouting?” questioned Min Seok.

The male’s mother responded, “No, what makes you think that?”

Min Seok shrugged with a smile on his face as he watched his little brother playing with his younger sister as he talked on the phone to their rather childish mother, he really did miss living with his family, but at the same time he was content living in the dorms with the others males and working towards his dreams with the other nine and it had honestly felt weird being away from the other members. 

 

Here is Min Seok’s chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it and I hoped I wrote it well enough to give you all an insight on Min Seok and his family life. I know it isn't as long as the others, but I hope it's still okay.