Chapter Twenty-Seven

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

A week had passed and the boys were still stuck in what they called their imprisonment, the only ones who really left the dorms were Shin – who went to the office to work on his compositions – and Xue – who had returned to school being picked up and dropped off by Hyun Soo. As for the other four, they left for at most four hours.

“How much longer are we going to have to deal with this?” muttered Sora, pouting slightly as he looked towards Shin and Minhyun – who had actually been up to get treated to food by Younghun, before turning his attention towards the leader, who knew things he had promised the managers he wouldn’t speak about.

“Not much longer,” muttered Younghun, shocking Sora, who wasn’t expecting the elder to speak up since he hadn’t spoken about the topic since they were practically set under house arrest by the company.

“Why are we going to be leaving?” questioned Sora, curiously.

“For the music video shoot,” stated Younghun, as soon as he said that Sora groaned.

“We finished promotions a little over a week ago and we’re already filming a music video?”

The eldest nodded, “We’ve already recorded the song, so you should’ve expected this.”

“Where are we going to film it?” questioned Sora curiously.

“Jeju,” responded Younghun nonchalantly while Sora got excited – rubbing off on Woojung and Minhyun rather steadily.

“You don’t seem excited,” stated Sora, looking towards the leader, “You get to go home and visit your old friends.”

Younghun forced on a smile, “Yeah. Anyways, we’ll get to leave before that as well.”

The others looked at him curiously.

“We’re going to the hair salon to get our hair changed, dyed, cut – whatever it’s called,” stated Younghun.

The other males nodded happily.

 

Three days later, the five of the six Spectrum members were excited as they stepped off the plane and onto the island known as Jeju. Hyun Soo led the boys through a small crowd of fans that had gathered at the airport to welcome them – sure it wasn’t as grand as the crowd that other artists step off the plane to see, but it touched the six who happily greeted the calm group of fans.

The oldest and the youngest of the group however were a little tense about the anti-fans they had encountered over a week ago. Jhun stayed by Xue’s side the whole time, the younger had gotten off the crutches a couple of days early; however, his ankle was still injured as it would be for a while.

As they stepped out of the airport and boarded the van they’d be riding in during their stay, the oldest glanced around in worry – feeling as though this trip would be nothing but trouble and headaches.

“We’re going to get you all checked into the hotel you all will be staying in here in Jeju during the music video shoot – you all will go in and put your things into your room and then we’ll be going to your album cover shoot which is along one of the beaches near the hotel,” stated Hyun Soo.

The boys nodded in understanding.

 

A couple of hours, the six males found themselves standing on the beach all dressed in a pair of black or gray skinny jeans and gray or white dress shirts. Younghun, Minhyun, and Woojung were dressed in white dress shirts and gray skinny jeans while Shin, Sora, and Xue found themselves in gray dress shirts and black skinny jeans. The boys all had their hair styled and their make up on and they were all wearing an accessory that separated them from the others in their trio. Minhyun was the one in his trio who had no accessory, Woojung had a grey vest, and Young Hun was stuck in a fedora and was also wearing a watch. In the other group Sora was left with no accessories, Shin was in a black vest and fedora, and Xue had a black scarf like thing.

“First we’re going to do the group shot,” stated the photographer, spreading the six out, having them standing in a line in age order – which made the boys realize just why they were dressed the way they were.  The boys all posed as the photographer told them to and they soon found themselves going into their trio shoots.

“For someone who hasn’t modeled before,” stated Younghun, mocking the younger who had continuously stated he hadn’t modeled, “You are good.”

Minhyun glared lightly at the oldest as they stood on the set – ignoring the photographer’s words. Minhyun moved closer to Younghun, since they were standing side by side for this shoot and put his face rather close to the oldest’s.

“So you’ve been watching me?” stated Minhyun, catching the leader of guard.

The oldest despite his embarrassment, kept his normal gentle expression on his face, “In your dreams, if you were a woman – then maybe, but you’re clearly not.”

Minhyun looked at Younghun with a raised eye brow, “Really?”

Younghun looked at Minhyun, “It’s my job as a leader to take care of my members - which means I have to keep an eye on your progress during projects like this. So, yes, I was watching you, but not for the reason you think I am.”

Minhyun resisted the urge to roll his eyes, turning his attention towards Woojung who stood on his other side. He watched in entertainment as the younger stared at Sora who stood talking animatedly with Xue, who seemed to be in one of his talkative moods.

“Confess already, would you?” muttered Younghun, speaking the words that were on the tip of Minhyun’s tongue – causing Minhyun to burst into laughter and Woojung to look at Younghun in shock since the oldest member had never actually said something like that before.

“I don’t-“

“You do like him,” responded both Minhyun and Younghun at the same time, the oldest not even bothering to spare the younger a glance.

“I’ll confess when you confess to Xue,” stated Woojung.

Younghun looked at him the board smile on his face shrinking to the one that was usually there, “I don’t like him like that though.”

Minhyun turned his attention from Woojung back to the leader, examining the elder’s expression, before turning back and continuing to torment Woojung since he couldn’t tell if the leader was lying or telling the truth.

Soon the boys switched groups and Minhyun and Younghun carried on with teasing Woojung about Sora, while on set Shin, Sora, and Xue gave a different image than the previous group since they stayed focused all the way through the shoot. 

Soon the shoot was over and the boys were granted free time, well some of them were.

Hyun Soo looked at the boys, “We’re going to go ahead and film Sora and Xue’s solo shots since you each have your shots in different locations. Plus, they are the only two that aren’t in the city, so we’re going to go ahead and film them. As for the rest of you, you guys have the night off to do whatever you’d like. Be sure to stay conscious of your image – don’t do anything stupid that could possibly harm your image or bring you all down when you all start to get popular.”

The boys nodded in understanding, before happily changing into the clothes they came in again and heading out into the streets without Sora and Xue.

 

As they ventured out into the streets of Jeju, Younghun lowered the bill of his cap – keeping his eyes hidden from those on the street as he talked on the phone to his father – who was going to pick him up so that the two could have dinner together since Younghun was in the area with the group.

“Why are you hiding?” questioned Shin, looking towards Younghun.

“I have people around here I don’t want to see nor talk to,” muttered the elder male, “They didn’t talk to me prior to being famous, so why should I allow them to talk to me now?”

The three other males peered at the male in shock; however, their gazes became glued to the expensive looking car that had pulled up beside them.

“Ah, that’s my abeoji,” muttered Younghun, avoiding their previous topic completely as he happily moved towards the car, nodding towards the three as he climbed in.

“What now?” questioned Shin, curiously?

“We walk,” responded Woo Jung, nonchalantly, “What else is there to do?”

The other two shrugged and Minhyun’s head perked up as he heard music blaring from one of the buildings, “We could go to a club.”

Shin made a tsking noise, “We’re not supposed to do something that’ll ruin our image and considering that Woo Jung is under age, it’s a big no.”

Minhyun frowned.

Soon, the trio found themselves wondering into a less populated area of the streets, still thinking about where they should go. As they continued to walk and talk about where they should go, they didn’t hear the footsteps of about five to six males trailing behind them – preparing for attack.

When the attack came, it surprised them all since they all were attacked from behind, Minhyun’s legs were targeted while both Woo Jung and Shin were smacked in the side of the head with something wooden and solid. Minhyun, who had fallen on the ground, was unable to get up after the attack on his legs – he was pretty sure that he was going to have a bruise on them both the following day. Plus, since he was already on the ground most of the males were targeting him. Shin and Woo Jung had both been a little dazed after the attack but within a matter of seconds the wave of dizziness was gone, leading to them both easily fighting back.  Minhyun also finally managed to get back on his feet to fight back, sure his legs screamed at him for moving, but he still fought and still managed to knock some of the attackers to the ground.

Within a matter of ten minutes, the fight was over and the attackers ran away – regretting their attack on the trio.

The three Spectrum members all looked at each other, Woo Jung was wiping blood off of his busted lip, Shin was wiping off of the original wound – the one to his head. Minhyun was crouched forward, holding his side which was already painted with different shades of red.

“What the hell was that about,” growled Minhyun, limping towards Woo Jung and Shin.

“The one looked like the same people that had previously attempted to attack Younghun and I,” responded Shin, “As for the other five, I didn’t recognize them.”

“I wonder if Xue would’ve been able to recognize any of them if he was here,” muttered Woo Jung, helping Minhyun walk since the elder was having some problems.

“I don’t even want to think about Xue being here,” muttered Shin, “I mean, he just recently recovered from the previous attack. I wouldn’t want him to be here – even if he could recognize any of the attackers.”

Woo Jung thought about it for a little bit before agreeing. Shin, not wanting to disturb the already stressed out managers, called Younghun, knowing that the older male was going to be loaned a car from his father. Minutes after the phone call, a rather expensive car pulled up in front of them, one of the doors flew open and out stormed Younghun, worry evident on his features.

“Are you guys alright?” questioned Younghun, taking Minhyun off of Woo Jung’s hands, helping the younger 93er to the car as the other two followed.

“We’re fine, hyung,” stated Woo Jung.

“We were just attacked by antis,” muttered Shin.

“The same guy as last time?”

Shin hummed and Younghun let out a low grumble of curses as he started the car back up and sped towards the hotel – more worried of getting out of the public eye and getting the others’ wounds – no matter how small they were patched up.

 

Later that night, in one of the hotel rooms, Younghun collapsed onto a bed, talking to his father – who had called out of worry, having known that something had happened from the male’s actions earlier that night. Minhyun was resting in another bed – his eyes glued to the television, Woo Jung sat beside his friend, holding an ice pack against his own bruised temple while Shin had went to sleep in the third bed after they were positive he didn’t have a concussion.

“Woo Jung, are you going to go to your room?” questioned Younghun, hanging up his cell phone and setting it on the table between his bed and Minhyun’s.

“No,” responded MinHyun, “He’s not leaving.”

Younghun rolled his eyes, pulling the covers up over his body as he turned to view the television screen, not even minutes later, Hyun Soo flung the door open – jolting both Shin and the dozing off leader awake. As soon as his eyes caught onto Minhyun, Shin, and Woo Jung’s faces he gasped in shock, storming over to the three, throughally checking them as Sora and Xue peeked in worriedly, upon seeing the elder males’ faces’ bruised, the two rushed over – Sora to Woo Jung and Xue to Shin since the managers were examining the bruises that were left on the back of Minhyun’s legs.

“God damn it all,” muttered Hyung Soo, running his fingers through his hair out of stress, “Why the hell does this keep happening? Shin, Woo Jung, Minhyun, why didn’t you call us as soon as this happened; were you guys expecting to hide it from us – why was it that Jhun – who was out eating dinner with his father at the time of the attack the one who called us?”

The males all shrugged, staring at the manager in shock as he ranted on, scolding them all avidly, “After today, no one is to wonder off without a manager – from now on you all will go straight to and from schedules, no wondering around. You will only be able to go to filming sights or the hotel. We can’t risk another attack like this.”

The boys all nodded in understanding.

“Get some sleep you three, you have a long day tomorrow with those bruises,” stated Hyun Soo, storming back out of the room.

Younghun sighed, “I guess it’s time for bed.”

The other members nodded, however, instead of going to their own room Xue, Sora, and Woo Jung decided to stay in the elder three male’s rooms. Due to Minhyun and Younghun wanting to force Woo Jung and Sora together – they sacrificed their own beds, sharing. So, the sleeping arrangements were Shin and Xue in one bed, Min and Jhun in another, and finally Sora and Woo Jung. 

With the beds and arrangements decided, the six went to sleep. 

 

Sorry for coming back with such a crappy update - anyhow, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I still have yet to decide on the pairings aside from Sora and Woo Jung. Also, the main reason I'm being slow with updates is because my school started up again (back on the fifteenth), so I've been spending my time readjusting to school time and so on. Anyway, hope you enjoyed a little bit of this chapter. I promise you all the next chapter will be better - also, the antis strike again, who do you think their next target will be? 

- Lane