Chapter Thirty

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Their promotions began swiftly, the days carried on and the dog days of summer turned into the beginning of the crisp autumn. With the change in seasons came the end of their second round of promotions, which came with much success and some attacks on the group.

The first attack on had been on Sora and Xue, the duo had been sent out to fetch some snacks during one of their exhausting practices and were attacked as they were returning to the company building. Their attackers had been chased off by Woo Jung and Shin, who had arrived before any serious damage could be done to the two other males – they had been sent out to look for the duo since Younghun had been pulled away for a meeting for an upcoming drama he was casted for and Minhyun was pulled away for an individual session with the group’s choreographer – who was teaching Minhyun the dance for their next promotional cycle so the male could help him in teaching the dance to the other members. Younghun ended up being pulled out of his drama meeting to be taken into one with Hyun Soo and one of the CEOs – both of whom had scolded him for letting two of the weaker members go out alone without at least one of the stronger members. That particular night Younghun did not return to the dorms.

The second attack had been on Woo Jung and Minhyun, who did more damage to their attackers than the attackers did to them, however, again the leader, was scolded for not keeping track of s. Seeing how he was at a drama shoot two hours away he wasn’t there to do so. The stress on the members of Spectrum kept growing and the other five all agreed that the leader had the most weighing down on his shoulders. They all could tell that the leader was at his maximum stress level due to the slight bags under his eyes and the slightly strained smile, however the elder’s attitude and actions never showed it. They also knew it was at its max – pushing past it because the male had a lot to worry about due to the fact they were in the midst of their promotions, plus he had his own schedules to attend as well as being constantly paranoid about the antifans and sasaeng fans – both of which made up a small number of their fan base but were the ones they saw the most – as well as the job of constantly taking care of the other Spectrum members. Minhyun and Woojung had a bet that the older would crack under all the stress and finally erupt. Minhyun bet that the oldest would crack within days while Woojung bet that the older would never crack. Woojung ended up winning around 50,000 won.

The third attack had been on Younghun as he headed home after one of his drama shoots – it had been done by a group of Spectrum fans who had been convinced that Younghun’s fans were the ones who had been attacking the other members since Jhun’s fans were split half of them liked him in Spectrum, loved the group, while the others weren’t so supportive of Spectrum. There had been countless disagreements between those who were Jhun’s fans but didn’t support Spectrum and Spectrum’s fans and Jhun’s other fans. All the males had been disappointed in their fans, Jhun for the fact that it was his fans that had been causing the disagreements amongst their fans and the others for the fact they had gone to the point of attacking their leader.

After the third – well, fifth attack on the boys, the company decided it would be best to end the promotions and deal with the problem before it became worse, especially since the attack had made the news since it had been the first time people had heard of a group’s fans singling out and attacking one of the members of the group they supported – let alone that group’s leader. It’s something that people had a problem believing actually happened.

“How’s Younghun-hyung doing?” questioned Xue, after hearing that the leader was getting followed by reporters everywhere he went to film and in all his interviews the topic of the attack kept being brought up. The company – due to the publicity the attack had gotten – kept the other members hidden away, keeping them away from the intrusive and invasive reporters who would say anything to get the story.

The other members felt bad since it wasn’t just Younghun who should have to deal with it, since it wasn’t just his fans who was causing the problems, heck, it wasn’t any of their fans that had caused it.

“Why the hell is this happening?” questioned Minhyun.

Hyun Soo shrugged, “We don’t know. Younghun suspects that the attackers had been people, who held a grudge on one of you, possibly even him, considering that up until the attack on Younghun, the attackers had been the same people.”

The other males nodded, seeing how one would come up with that assumption.

“How are hyung’s eyes, I heard that they threw something in them,” stated Sora in worry for their leader who had been through an attack that was petty compared to theirs, but also one that they considered to be the worst type since he was unable to strike back since his attackers were fan girls – not that he would’ve considering that there were a crap load of reporters around him.

“Luckily, he only got a minor infection, so all he has to do is use eye drops for the next week or so – that is if he takes them as directed,” stated Hyun Soo, smiling towards the worried younger.

“What are we allowed to do from here on?” questioned Shin.

“Well, we’d like to keep you all either here in the dorms, in the company building, or in the gym down the street, it makes it easier for us to keep track of you all during your time off,” stated Hyun Soo, “However, you’re free to do as you like in those three locations in your time off.”

The boys nodded, “Alright.”

The five decided to make it hard to get attacked by going out as a group, Shin forcing all the other members to go to the gym with him. Minhyun griped and groaned but secretly was happy to be going – not for the exercising portion of it but for the other members of the gym – the “eye candy”, Sora was pouting and complaining but after a short exchange with Woo Jung, his resistance drained away and as for Xue he had no complaints and went willingly, wanting to spend more time with his hyungs since they all had a few solo schedules recently and it wasn’t just Younghun who was busy.

Upon arriving at the gym, Shin and Xue went off on their own while the other three were in their own little group. Woo Jung decided to actually do some exercise considering that they were at the gym while Sora sat on the ground snapping selcas as Woojung and Minhyun talked excitedly about something with each other – well, Woo Jung was as excited as Sora thought the younger male could do.

“Why are you guys so lazy today?” questioned Younghun, causing Sora and Minhyun – who had their back towards him – to jump, “You do know it’s going to be bad when we actually go into comeback preparations, right?”

“You’re done with your schedules, hyung?” questioned Sora.

Younghun smiled and nodded, Minhyun stared at the elder in shock since the male was sporting a pair of rather fashionable correctional lenses.

“You wear glasses – since when?” questioned Minhyun, peering at the elder in mild shock.

“Long since before we debuted,” stated Younghun, pausing as he looked at Minhyun as if he had groan a second head, “You’re just now noticing? I wore them back when we shared a room in Jeju…”

Minhyun snarled slightly, turning to check himself out in the mirror that lined the wall of the gym’s wall.

Younghun lazily plopped down on the floor by the lazy duo and the actually working Woojung, starting to stretch as silence fell over them. After a couple of seconds of awkward silence, Sora began to chatter again – accompanied by Younghun’s voice and comments as well. Sora also continued to snap selcas again, being sure to get the other members in them as well. Sora had somehow managed to get past Minhyun and to latch leader’s arm – much to the older male’s discomfort.

Woojung watched Minhyun – whose gaze had drifted to Sora and Younghun’s joint reflection – in order to avoid staring at Sora because the elder’s thinner frame was rather alluring even in the rather baggy clothes he was dressed in. As the younger sat where he was, his shirt was just barely grasping onto his shoulder – keeping itself from falling off. The lower cut neck on the elder male’s shirt also aided in making the male even more alluring since it revealed more of his rather milky skin and highlighted the elder male’s prominent collar bones. Sora on the other hand, latched onto Younghun and kept taking selcas because he was distracting himself from the younger 94er’s entrancing appearance. Some thoughts passing through the duos’ minds strayed far away from innocent, but what do you expect – they’re not little children anymore.

Minhyun, seeing that the two only had their attention on each other, looked towards the oldest and leader – motioning for the leader to leave. In response, Younghun rolled his eyes and stood up – easily getting away from Sora’s hold as the younger zoned out – moving over to a large empty area to finish stretching, unknowingly he was being followed by Minhyun.

“What are you doing?” questioned Younghun, who had gotten onto the floor to finish stretching his aching muscle, looking up at the younger male.

“Giving WooRa their space,” stated Minhyun, sitting down beside the leader, “The between the two was making me aggravated.”

Silence followed the younger’s comment, for the first time the duo didn’t bicker. The leader let out a light groan as he extended one of his legs, causing the other male’s gaze to slowly turn his way. Minhyun watched silently as the older male lightly stretched – unable to control himself as he studied the elder male’s features. He couldn’t lie the eldest was really attractive, sure he wasn’t as attractive as him, but he was still attractive.

A slight hint of jealousy and some foreign emotion seemed to bubble up in his chest as he stared at the elder’s face, despite the obvious bruises marring the leader’s flawless skin and the very noticeable and dark bags under his eyes the elder still managed to look very – undeniably – attractive – not that Minhyun would ever admit that out loud to the others. Plus, it was times like this that the elder was the most attractive – sure, he was charismatic and all those other things on stage and on camera, but when the male was able to be himself and not worry about the fans or reporters’ prying eyes, it was most attractive. Again, if you asked Minhyun, he wouldn’t respond back.

“Woah there Minhyun,” whispered a voice, the person’s breath caressing Minhyun’s skin and breaking him from his thoughts, “Control yourself – you look like you’re going to pounce on him.”

“I am not ,” growled Minhyun, pushing Woojung away, a scowl dressing his facial features.

“Sure doesn’t look like that,” stated Woojung, a smirk playing on his lips.

“Shut up,” growled Minhyun.

“What’d you say to him?” questioned Sora, joining the duo, since Younghun had left to find Xue and Shin.

“Minhyun was staring at Younghun intently and he looked like he was going to pounce on Younghun,” stated Woojung, smiling as Minhyun glared at him – the slight reddening of his cheeks showing that he had made the elder male embarrassed.

Sora looked at Woojung in shock before turning towards Minhyun, “Do you like Younghunnie-hyung?”

“No, I was just…”

“Staring at him like a predator that is preparing to pounce on its prey…”

“Admiring him,” muttered Minhyun before playing it off coolly, “He’s good looking, but is not nearly as handsome as me.”

Sora rolled his eye and Woojung snickered, “You like him.”

Minhyun completely ignored their words before stating, “You two like each other.”

Sora’s cheeks grew redder than they already were and Minhyun rose an eyebrow – especially as Woojung glared at him.

“S-so, you do like Younghun, since you’re not denying it?” questioned Sora.

“Who likes me?” questioned the elder, causing them all to jump as he situated himself on the floor beside the trio.

“Everyone hates you,” stated Minhyun, rather rudely to the newcomer.

Unbeknownst to the trio those words wounded the leader than they knew; however, the elder male played it off with a laugh before saying, “You’re just jealous.”

Before he could stop himself a defense mechanism kicked in and he snapped back rather coldly,
“Who would be jealous of your hoodlum fans? They are psychotic.”

Younghun tensed at the younger’s words while Sora stood in utter horror, Woojung elbowed Minhyun – who had regretted the words as soon as they fell from between his lips, not that he’d ever admit it. After a second of silence the leader excused himself and Woojung punched the only remaining 93er’s shoulder.  

“You are an idiot.”

“I’m being honest thought,” responded Minhyun, playing it seriously – knowing that he had failed since Woojung could read him well enough to know that the younger had being lying yet again.

“You can be an sometimes hyung,” stated Sora, “You know that, right?”

Minhyun and Woojung stared at Sora in shock, having not expected the words to come from sweet teen’s mouth.

 

Meanwhile in another corner of the gym, Shin sat with Xue in a corner watching the other Spectrum members from a far, amusement shining in their gazes. The two had grown immensely closer through the months they were in Spectrum. Xue would say that he was closest to Jhun and Shin – both of whom went out of their way to take care of him, Younghun despite his constantly filled schedules and Shin despite him being busy with the preparations for the production of their next mini album. Although they were both constantly looked after him they were different from each other relationship wise; Younghun felt more like an older brother while Shin…Shin was different, their relationship was weird  and the feeling that arose within him scared him.

Especially since they were both males.

 

I hope you all enjoyed the chappie, if there are any mistakes I'll correct them later since I'm rushing to get this AN done before getting ready to go to school. Anyway, I hope I still have readers out there...Anyway, this chapter is a bit random due to the fact nothing significant happens in it other than it showing the developments between the character's relationships. If you all can't tell I've officially decided on who is paired with who, it's pretty obvious if you ask me. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and I hope you expect more drama and more expansion on the antifans' in the next chapter. 

- Lane