Chapter Sixty-Two

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

“Are you seriously still angry about what I said in the hospital?” questioned Younghun as he and the others waited to pass through custom, Minhyun stood close behind him, being abnormally quiet – not even talking to Woojung.

The six males had just landed in Jejudo after an hour long flight; all of them were tired from the trip and the recent events surrounding their group both internally and externally. While Sora and Xue talked excitedly about what they wanted to do during the trip, occasionally bringing Shin and Woojung into their conversation, Younghun and Minhyun held a mini-cold war against each other, Younghun continuously digging a deeper hole for himself.

With an aggravated sigh, Younghun croaked out quietly, “This is why I said what I did; we always end up fighting like this…childishly.”

“Doesn’t your throat hurt?” questioned Minhyun coldly.

“Yeah, why?” questioned Younghun.

“I don’t know,” replied Minhyun, emotionlessly, “It’s no wonder that it is hurting, after all, you won’t shut up.”

Younghun stopped and turned to face the younger, Minhyun bit his lip a bit nervously as he saw the older’s emotionless mask mirroring his, unable to tell if they were making eye contact due to the older’s sunglasses. Feeling a bit awkward, Minhyun walked a head – not bothering to look at Younghun as he passed by the leader. Younghun on the other hand froze from guilt, realizing just how angry he had made the younger male, regretting his words. As he watched the younger walking away, followed by the other four members, he sighed and shook away the doubts that resurfaced in his mind.

Sensing that the tension was getting to the other members, Shin broke the silence and the leader from his trance, “Guys, this is not the place to have a lover’s quarrel.”

Minhyun looked over his shoulder and sent Younghun a pointed look before turning his attention back towards the quickly approaching baggage claim as he realized the elder had rebounded relatively quickly, immersing himself in a conversation with Sora and Xue who were still chatting excitedly.

“I hope the resort and villa are along the beach,” muttered Sora dreamily, excitement radiating off him at the thought of the beach.  

Xue hummed and nodded.

Younghun smiled at the younger males’ excitement, “They are, we have a beach front villa – our villa has its own portion of the private beach…plus, we have full access to the resort facilities.”

“So, we can go to the bar, the spas, and all the different stores and restaurants within the resort?” questioned Sora in interest, his eyes lighting up.

Younghun smiled and nodded, “Yep, at least that’s what Hyun Soo told me.”

Sora smiled in excitement, quickly latching onto Woojung’s arm and happily sharing the news with the younger 94-liner while Xue pouted and complained, “That means that I’ll be left alone in the villa when you guys go out to party at the bar.”

Younghun chuckled and stated, “Don’t worry magnae-nim; I’m going to be with you.”

Xue raised an eyebrow towards the oldest in confusion.

“He can’t drink when he’s on the antibiotics,” stated Shin, easing the younger’s light confusion.

“So I’m not going to be alone?”

Younghun nodded.

“He’s going to be with you,” stated Shin, “I might not go out with those three…”

“They aren’t the best people to be around when they are drunk,” confirmed Younghun, causing the youngest to laugh.

 

After about another half an hour in the airport, the boys finally got out of the airport and caught a shuttle bus to their resort. Upon arriving at the resort, Sora and Xue had their head’s pressed up against the glass as they took in the large resort in excitement while Younghun and Shin ran into the lobby together to get their villa’s keys. Shin had originally planned on going in by himself to get them, but for some reason Younghun had gone in with him.

As the duo walked back out, Shin was shaking his head and looked shocked while Younghun smiled at his group mate, as they climbed into the shuttle bus Sora and Xue interrogated them both on what had happened within the resort.

“Well, I discovered just why we are getting such good treatment…such a good villa,” stated Shin, still shaking his head in disbelief as the shuttle drove them towards their villa.

“Let me guess, his father owns it,” stated Sora.

Shin shook his head and Younghun croaked out, “Close, but no. He’s a big stock holder for the company that owns the resort and makes visits quite often, not to mention he's also a designer who works both on the exterior and interior of the resort…”

“And in turn you are well known too,” muttered Xue.

Younghun nodded, “My father is mainly known because his company constructed it and in a way he particially owns it due to being a major stockholder in the company that actually owns it. Plus, he's their man advertiser. Most the advertisements made for the resort are made by my father..." 

The duo nodded, he other four were a little shocked by the information.

“So you are like an heir?” muttered Sora.

Younghun shook his head, “I’m not a hotel heir or anything like that, I just come from a wealthy background. My father owns two businesses: an advertisement business and, the more popular of the two, a construction company – they built most of what you see here…the villas included. We’re wealthy, but not as rich as you seem to take us as being.”

“B-but you have so much money,” stated Xue.

“But there are still a lot of people who are richer than we are,” responded Younghun, his words being cut off as the driver announced their arrival at their villa, which lead to the six quickly crawling out of the van.

As Shin moved towards the door of the villa, Younghun moved to the trunk of the shuttle bus, starting to transfer the luggage from the trunk to the curb outside the villa. Sora and Xue wondered around close by, taking in the scenery – the last times they had gone to Jeju, they hadn’t done anything like this, hadn’t seen anything like it. Minhyun silently watched Younghun in worry from where he stood at the sidewalk that lead to the villa’s door, he saw the still rather pale and ill Younghun moving the luggage around. Minhyun’s concern grew as he watched Younghun double over and end up in a rather violent coughing fit that turned Sora’s and Xue’s attention back towards the leader.

Woojung, seeing that Minhyun was worried but too stubborn to speak up about it, took over the duty of taking the luggage from the trunk from Younghun, pushing the elder away from the car to go relax to the side. Sora, beating Minhyun to Younghun’s side, checked on the elder male and told him to just relax these next two weeks and let the other five of them handle everything. Younghun hesitantly agreed to it.

Shin handed Younghun the keys as he passed by the leader and headed towards the bags to help the others carry their luggage in while stating, “Younghun, you go ahead in and claim your room – rest, alright?”

Younghun sighed, grumbling angrily as he entered the villa, followed by the eager Sora and Xue who were holding their own luggage. Shin and Woojung soon followed, leaving Minhyun outside alone carrying in his own bag. As he stepped into the villa and kicked off his shoes by the door, he stared at the spacious room that sat before him.

“This isn’t as nearly as big as I thought it was going to be, but hey, it’s still stunning,” muttered Sora in awe, looking around as they stepped through the front door. Minhyun gazed around the villa as they stepped into it and whistled in awe.

Upon stepping into the entry area the villa opened up into a vast living room/dining room/kitchen area and branched off into various different rooms. The five’s attention turned to their oldest and leader as he came out of one of the rooms on the left.

Smiling, the oldest stated, “This room leads to the master bedroom and bath…seeing as how I’m not going to be out as much as you all, I’ve claimed it.”

The other five hummed and Sora stepped farther into the villa, exploring himself with Xue – both of whom had left their luggage at the door.

Sora peeked into the only other door on the left wall, “There is a laundry area in the room beside the master bedroom.”  

“There are two bedrooms over here,” stated Xue, after peeking into the two remaining bed rooms, “One has a queen sized bed and the other holds two double sized beds. Both of the rooms hold walk in closets and the room with the double beds has the main bathroom hooked onto it. The main bath has a shower in it while the bathroom that connects to the room with the queen sized bed only has a toilet and sink – it’s definitely the smallest of the bathrooms. So, who gets what?”

“I’ll room with Younghun,” muttered Minhyun, ignoring the look he got from the elder and the fact that the two of them weren’t on the best terms at the moment.

“Let’s take the double beds,” stated Shin, “That way those two can have their alone time.”

The words from the elder had Sora and Woojung blushing as the duo moved begrudgingly towards their room, Shin and Xue followed them to the right while Minhyun picked up the leader’s bag and carried it to their room. As for Younghun, he wondered around the living room area and checked out the decent sized kitchen and then the empty pantry.

Roughly ten minutes later, the other five wondered back in to see the leader sitting on a stool at the island that separated the kitchen from the living room area writing something down on the paper that sat before him.

“What are you doing?” questioned Xue curiously.

“Writing things down that we’ll need to get in the house for the next two weeks since I figured that you guys wouldn’t want to eat out every day,” responded Younghun, his voice cracking, “Plus, I was going to pick up some cough medicine since the doctors did clear me to take them on top of the other medicine they have me on.”

The five hummed and Sora stated, “I want to go swim for a bit…”

“Then go swim,” responded Younghun.

“But what about you hyung?” questioned Xue, feeling bad for leaving the oldest member out since he knew for a fact that Woojung and Shin would be going with him and Sora since the duo were just as excited as they were to be at the beach and relaxing away from the public’s overbearing eye, though they didn’t show it.

“I’ll be fine,” stated Younghun.

“Someone should go with you then hyung,” replied Sora.

“I’ll be fine,” croaked Younghun, giving the younger a reassuring smile, “This is a vacation, so stop worrying about me.”

“Sorry we can’t help but to do so,” responded Woojung, “After all, just hours ago you were released from the hospital…”

Younghun sighed, “I’ll be fine, I have both my inhaler and I’ve taken my medicine, so I should be fine.”

“When you tried to lift all that stuff out of the van you went into a coughing fight,” stated Shin, “You’re not fine, so one of us should go with you to make sure you don’t over work yourself and your presently really weak lungs.”

Younghun sighed in slight aggravation at the fact they were all trying to baby him a bit, seeing the leader’s anger, Minhyun spoke up, “I’ll go with him; you guys go a head out and swim.”

“But hyung you wanted to swim too,” stated Sora, looking at Minhyun, recalling a conversation they had on the plane.

Minhyun forced a smile on his lips and stated, “There will be other days, so go and swim now, okay?”

Sora nodded and moved away a bit hesitantly followed by Woojung and Xue, Shin lingered behind for a little bit, eyeing Younghun’s hunched over form on the stool and Minhyun who was now sitting on the couch, staring at the oldest.

“You two better fix this between you…again,” muttered Shin, “Also, try to enjoy yourselves a bit while you’re out…we have some to talk about – some serious , so enjoy yourselves before we move onto talking about those sort of things.”

Younghun hummed and Minhyun nodded, watching as Shin moved out of the room before an awkward silence settled down over the two supposed lovers. Minhyun sighed and moved to sit on the stool beside Younghun, who turned to look at him silently.

“Sorry,” muttered Younghun, only meeting the younger’s gaze for a minute before looking back to the list on the table, “My words earlier were out of line.”

Minhyun sighed, resting his chin on his palm as he stared at the paper as the older male doodled on it a bit, “Its fine…I’ve been stupid recently as well. I guess this does prove that your words are right though…we do always end up fighting it seems…”

Younghun nodded, “I think we should work on that because I’m pretty sure our group mates are growing tired of our relationship’s dynamic…if they aren’t already tired of it.”

Minhyun hummed and reached forward and touched Younghun’s forehead, tsking as he felt the older male’s fevered skin.

“Your fever is still there,” muttered Minhyun, earning a nod from Younghun,“It’s a little worse than it was earlier.”

“The doctor did speak about it coming and going until the infection is completely out of my system,” muttered Younghun, wincing slightly as he cleared his throat and lightly pushed Minhyun’s hand away from his forehead.

“I guess we aren’t going to be going out as much as we had originally planned,” stated Minhyun.

“You guys can go,” responded Younghun, “All five of you all can go and tour yourselves, I’ve already seen all there is to see here in Jeju, so don’t feel bad about leaving me behind.”

“That is true, but it’s not team bonding if the full team isn’t there,” responded Minhyun, smiling weakly towards the oldest and resting his head against his shoulder, happily reading the shopping list over Younghun’s shoulder.

Younghun shook his head but smiled as he looked at the younger for a split second before turning his attention to the noisy Sora as he and Woojung exited their room both dressed in swim trunks, Woojung was going shirtless – deciding that there was no harm in doing so on a private beach while Sora ventured out with a tank top on. The duo quickly greeted Younghun and Minhyun before carrying onto the porch that connected to the dining area of the villa and out onto the hot sands of the beach. Xue soon followed them and Shin trailed behind the magnae, eyeing the other 93-liners, relieved to see that the duo had managed to end their conflict within minutes of their being left alone together.

After the four were gone, Younghun tossed Minhyun a set of keys.

“What?”

“There is a rental car outside the house for a reason,” muttered Younghun, “You’re driving since I’m feeling drowsy.”

Minhyun shook his head as the previously guilty leader left him no room for protest as he walked towards the front door of the villa. 

 

So, yep...I've finally returned from the dead...school's been killing me.

Well, I'm slowly adapting to it, but it's still a headache...

The people in my psychology literally give me a headache daily from how noisy they are, plus they all are really annoying, speaking while the teacher is giving his lecture. Then I also have a college algebra class that counts for both a college credit and a high school credit that I have to do well in for both my future college GPA and my current senior high GPA...not to mention, I have a wonderful ACT test coming up in October that I'll have to start focusing on soon...

Anyhow, I hope you all enjoyed.