Chapter Sixty-Three

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

The hours passed relatively quickly and Minhyun and Younghun arrived just as the four were making their way back inside after spending five hours on the beach, playing around in the water. The four were dripping wet from head to toe and “had sand in places it shouldn’t be”. As the four dried off and took turns in both the outside shower – rinsing off the sand that covered them – and the two that were inside, Minhyun got to work on dinner while also putting the groceries, pausing every once and a while to nag at the oldest when he tried to help him unpack the groceries or help make the food.

“Just rest already Younghun,” growled Minhyun in aggravation only to earn a scowl from Younghun, who ended up succumbing as the younger threatened to beat him with the spatula he was holding. Younghun situated himself at the island, frowning in aggravation as he watched the younger moving around the kitchen – occasionally dropping comments that had the younger blushing and threatening to hit him with the spatula.

“What’s wrong hyung?” inquired Sora, the first to take a shower – having called dibs on the master bath that Younghun and Minhyun’s room led to.

“Nothing,” responded Younghun, willing the frown away and smiling at the vocalist.

“He’s pouting because I kicked him out of the kitchen,” responded Minhyun.

Sora laughed at Minhyun’s words, causing Younghun to hit him lightly in the back of the head as he muttered, “It’s not funny you brat.”

“It is quite funny though,” stated Sora, suddenly his eyes lit up as he looked at Minhyun, “Did you get any…you know…”

“Alcohol?” finished Younghun, raising an eyebrow, “Just say it, you’re of legal age now after all.”

Sora ignored the leader and repeated the question, his attention focused on Minhyun.

“Yes, we got alcohol,” responded Minhyun in confirmation, “I’ve got some Kuhlua Spiced Rum and if you don’t like that we got quite a bit of Jeju Soju.”

“The best there is,” responded Younghun as he broke out into a coughing fit.

Minhyun’s attention turned towards Younghun, “Did you not take the cough medicine yet?”

“There is no way in hell I’m taking that crap you bought,” responded Younghun, “I’ve had it before and I thought I was going to die from it. If you wanted me to take cough medicine you should’ve let me buy what I wanted…”

“Younghun,” muttered Minhyun sternly, “It works.”

“By killing me,” responded Younghun, frowning at Minhyun who shook his head.

Sora laughed while Xue wondered in with a questioning look on his face, Shin following close behind him.

“Should we break out the alcohol yet?” questioned Sora, excitedly.

“No,” responded Shin, Younghun, and Xue, causing both Sora and Minhyun to frown as they shot down the idea just seconds after it was brought up.

“Wait a night, will you?” grumbled Younghun, “I did just get out of the hospital and I don’t think I can baby sit three incredibly drunk males tonight.”

Sora laughed at the leader’s words while Minhyun replied, “I hold my liquor well.”

“Right,” responded Younghun, giving Minhyun a knowing look as Shin shook his head – a smile playing on his lips as he remembered the previous time the three of them had gone out to drink together, prior to the duo’s getting together. Shin tried to stifle his laughter as he recalled Minhyun getting very touchy when he was drunk and kept trying to climb into Younghun’s lap in public – though he denied his actions the next day.

“I think it’s best that we don’t have you drink tonight,” stated Shin, “I don’t think Younghun has the energy to deal with you and your clinginess.”

“I don’t cling!” growled Minhyun.

“Yes, you do,” chimed in Woojung as he walked out of his shared bedroom with Sora, a towel wrapped around his neck and in a set of new, clean clothes.

“I thought you were going to strangle me that last time,” stated Younghun, recalling him managing to keep Minhyun from climbing into his lap, only for the younger to wrap his arms around the leader’s neck and squeezing – unintentionally cutting off his air supply.

“Luckily I was there,” added Shin, causing Minhyun to frown and raise the spatula as if he was going to hit the middle 93er.

“Luckily, you were,” agreed Younghun, ignoring Minhyun as the youngest 93er punched his shoulder.

“So, is tonight going to be a serious night then?” pondered Xue out loud, causing the five older males to look at him.

“I guess it could be,” replied Younghun with a yawn, “I mean we have to get this entire thing over with while we’re here…”

The four others hummed in agreement with the leader, the amusement fading from the atmosphere as they all focused on the more serious things that were to be happening on their vacation.

“We could just get it over with tonight, get all our deep dark secrets out and not have to worry about touching the subject again for the rest of the trip,” stated Younghun, part of his words were a joke.

The other five hummed.

“That actually doesn’t sound half bad,” replied Sora.

Minhyun and Woojung nodded in agreement.

“If we did it tonight, that would mean we have the rest of the vacation to focus on your recovery and having fun,” replied Shin.

“Then, I guess we’re going to be doing it tonight,” confirmed Younghun, yawning again before standing up, “I’m going to take a twenty minute nap.”

“That’s a precise time,” stated Minhyun.

“Well, I like being precise,” responded Younghun, disappearing into his and Minhyun’s room, calling as he went, “Plus, food is done in twenty minutes and I’m hungry after eating that hospital crap these past three days!”

The others chuckled as the leader exited the room.

 

That night, the males dined well and Minhyun snuck some alcohol to Sora and Woojung, who had it downed before the leader resurfaced from his nap. Despite his attempt to be secretive, Younghun automatically busted Minhyun, smelling the strong sent of the rum on the younger’s breath as the younger woke him up from his nap. Other than that, their dinner passed rather uneventfully and ended with Sora and Shin washing dishes due to their losing the game the four played to decide who would have to do said chore – Younghun had been excluded due to just getting out of the hospital and due to his fever spiking again and him having to retreat to his room for a little bit while Minhyun had been excluded due to his cooking the food.

After the wave of nausea passed, Younghun had returned to the living room with Minhyun – who had grown concerned and, after being nagged by the others, had gone to check on the oldest to find him lying on their bed. So, the six males were all gathered again in the living room, Younghun lounging around on the couch, his face rather pale and the others seated on the floor or on the chairs.

“So…” muttered Sora, feeling awkward for the first time in a while around the group of males he lived with and saw daily.

“Should we just tell a biography of ourselves?” inquired Xue, unsure of what to say or what to do, how to start.

“Might as well, include all details, alright?” stated Younghun, glancing at Woojung, “include all past enemies you used to have that could possibly jeopardize the group,” he turned to look at Shin, “All things they could make a scandal from your past,” and then he looked at the other three, “and any past health issues that could end up as a major problem in the present or future.”

“I’ll get the alcohol,” stated Minhyun, standing up to fetch said drinks from the kitchen, sensing the seriousness they were going to be heading into and also predicting how tight lipped some of the other males were most likely going to be.

“No, you won’t,” responded Younghun, grabbing Minhyun’s arm and pulling him to sit down on the floor again, glaring at the mention of the blasted substance.

“It’s to make you all loosen up,” stated Minhyun, “It makes speaking easier sometimes.”

“It also allows you to get drunk and possibly forget everything we say the next morning,” stated Younghun, his leader like tone returning despite being a bit hoarse, “Sit your back down.”

Minhyun frowned, but obeyed the older’s command, sitting back down on the floor.

“So, who wants to start?” stated Younghun.

“Why not go ahead, after all you’re our leader, aren’t you?” muttered Minhyun childishly picking on the older male for his disallowance of alcohol consumption during their “talk”.

“How nice of you to volunteer, Minhyun,” responded Younghun, poking back at the younger male.

“Just go damn it…” growled Minhyun.

Younghun sighed and rolled his eyes before stating, “You going to attack me before I can speak this time around?”

“What?” muttered Minhyun, glancing at the leader who raised an eyebrow towards his not-lover.

“Are you going to jump down my throat for being rich this time around?” questioned Younghun, “Because if I recall, this didn’t work out too well last time we attempted this about a year ago, seeing as how you had jumped down my throat before we could even begin.”

“How the hell do you remember that?”

“You offended me, how could I not?”

“Guys, focus,” stated Shin, breaking the bickering couple out of their disagreement.

“As you all know, I was born into a rich family; my father owns both an advertisement company and a construction company…and I guess you could say owns part of the company that owns this resort and countless others on this island and in other countries – like Japan,” stated Younghun nonchalantly.

“Like Japan, not in Japan?” muttered Minhyun, raising an eyebrow and earning a scowl from Younghun.

“Yes, now silence,” responded Younghun, “My mother owned a small business of her own, it was also a advertisement business and it ended up margining with my father’s and it currently has branches here in Jeju and in Seoul, and Busan…I think that’s it, I don’t really know. Anyhow, that’s beside the point. I participated in countless sports despite my asthma and ended in the hospital quite often due to it when I was in elementary school, so due my participation on the sport teams, I became quite popular amongst my peers. Things turned to when I was thirteen, when I realized just how much asses live in the world around us, and how most of my friends actually only wanted to hang out with me because of the money my family possesses…also around that time I had entered the underground rapping and dancing competitions and festivals in this area as a form of rebellion against my parents. Also around that time, I also learnt that my mother only had an estimated year to live because of cancer, which she and my father had kept secret from my sister and me. When I learnt of that, I kind of flew off the handle – getting into drinking with my hyungs in the underground scene, who were also underage, and also smoking.”

Younghun paused for a second, lightly scratching the bridge of his nose and though he never showed it in the form of blushing, the other members knew he was embarrassed about his previous actions.

“ happened – as I said before and I became more and more depressed,” stated Younghun, “Then finally, one day when I was fourteen my mother passed away and I came to regret all my previous actions – I came to regret the hurtful things I had said to her and my father upon learning about her approaching death date. I also said things I regret to this day and I think the guilt is another thing that made me crack…that made me succumb to depression and fall deeper into the illegal part of the underground – the alcohol and cigarettes. Luckily, my sister and father got me out of that scene before I fell into drugs or something like that because I was exposed to that sort of thing. Though I fought with my father a lot during those times, I’m happy he did it…”

The leader paused for a minute before continuing on, trying to hide the fact his voice wavered, thinking about those times and trying to hide his nervousness about revealing this information, revealing the in-depth portion of this information that most of the members hadn’t heard before. Upon hearing the older’s voice wavering slightly, Minhyun secretly held the leader’s hand, sensing that he needed the moral support.

“He moved me to Seoul to live with my sister, she and my father – despite our nasty fight, had encouraged me to audition for SM Entertainment and so I did and got into the company. However, though I never showed it to them, I fell farther into depression because of the s that surrounded me both in school and in the company. The bullying got quite serious and I thought about somethings once and a while…” muttered Younghun, feeling so ashamed that he didn’t want to come out and say the word, “Well, the depression carried on until I was about fifteen – when it got even worse as I found out my girlfriend – who was older than me by three years – had actually dated me for my money rather than for actually likeing me. Upon learning that, I kind of went crazy for a little bit…guilt eating at my conscious, anger ate at me for people only wanting to be around me because of my family’s wealth, and depression hit me because of the crap I put up with both in school and in the company as well as my mother’s death still bothering me at that time. I went crazy and I began to fool around a bit…”

“By fool around do you mean…?” inquired Sora, his voice trailing off, knowing that the older male understood in question.

“Yeah,” responded Younghun.

“With?”

“Both,” revealed Younghun causing the five other’s eyes to widen in shock, “Yeah…”

“You slept with other males before Minhyun?” questioned Xue in slight shock.

“Not necessarily, it was only once with another male – when I got drunk,” responded Younghun, his face burning with embarrassment, he hesitated, before sighing, “I told you all to say something that could be a possible scandal and…that’s part of it, okay?” he then carried on, “then I made a mistake and I ended up doing something in one of my moods that landed me in the hospital and in the hands of Mi Young-noona. After two years of appointments, she helped me out of the depression and convinced me to get out of the company and so I ended up in Top Media in 2010 and also in a new school…After that, nothing really happened other than getting into this head ache of a group.”

Younghun’s last words lightened the mood as the others cracked up laughing.

Sora, whose mind was still wrapped around the fact that Younghun had revealed just minutes ago, questioned, “Were you the top of the bottom with the boy?”

Younghun’s face flushed again and the older felt his face become unbearably hot, “Does it matter?”

“Yes, it matters, because it hints towards the answers we were seeking when we were at the hospital earlier – before our plane ride,” replied Sora, clearly excited to know the answer.

“What answers?” inquired Younghun, trying to play dumb.

“Who will top and bottom in your relationship,” stated Sora.

“And that matters to you why?” responded Younghun, trying really hard to hide his embarrassment.

“It just does okay hyung? We may or may not have made a bet prior to Minhyun and your arrival in the lobby…” stated Sora, trying to act all innocent.

Younghun just shook his head, “I do believe you just volunteered to go next.”

Sora opened his mouth to protest, but sighed as he received a disapproving glance from Younghun, who clearly did not approve of his past words. Seeing that the older male was not going to put up with him refusing to go, he succumbed to the older’s demand.

“My mother and father both travel around a lot,” stated Sora, frowning as he unwillingly obeyed the older’s words, “They used to take me and my brother around with them, but when my sister was born, it wasn’t as easy for them to take us around with them and their boss changed and no longer allowed ‘free’ plane tickets – thus, we weren’t able to travel with them anymore. They never complained about my wanting to be an idol, they even were the ones who provided me with my first apartment here in Seoul, prior to my moving into the dorm with you all…”

“More,” stated Younghun as the younger stopped.

“Uh…I have had ex-girlfriends and boyfriends, but none of the break ups were on bad terms, so we won’t have to worry about them…” stated Sora, “However, I did make a few antis in Cube because my old trainee-mates hated how I never shut up.”

“It seems we have something in common with them,” stated Minhyun, cutting into Sora’s story and earning a glare from the younger male.

“However, here in Top Media I have lots and lots of friends…” stated Sora, using a higher-pitched childish voice as he finished.

“So the only significant things you want to mention right now are you antis in Cube due to your noisiness?”

Sora nodded, “Yep, that’s it.”

Younghun sighed, “If something appears in the news in the future that you didn’t tell me about I’m going to kill you, okay?”

Sora nodded, chuckling, “I wasn’t as crazy as you were when you were younger, so…”

Younghun sighed and rolled his eyes, “Who wants to go next?”

The leader looked at Shin, then at Minhyun – who was holding his hand, Woojung, and Xue – the four that still remained.

“Who is up next?” hummed Younghun again, “You all got to go sometime…”

The four nodded and looked at each other, challenging each other to go – not wanting to go quite yet.

“Xue?” stated Younghun, “You up for it?”

The magnae nodded and stated, “I came from a wealthy in Beijing, China. I moved to Bucheon when I was nine because of my father’s job…I was originally appalled by the idea of moving here, but now – after my father forced me to move, I’m happy I did. I hated everything about Seoul and South Korea but, as I’ve mentioned before, I love it.” The youngest paused and fiddled with the hem of his tee-shirt, “I-I only dated one girl. She and I had dated and after a month of dating, she told me to meet her at the cafeteria, where she ended up dumping her smoothie all over me, told me she dated me because of some dare she had with one of her friends…”

“Anything else?” questioned Shin, concern written on his features as he stared at the magnae, it was obvious that it was a hard topic for the younger to speak about.

“N-no…other than that girl and my old classmates I don’t really have any enemies,” responded Ha Joon, “No other lovers or anything like that. No enemies in school other than the jerks in my previous school that you guys helped me get away from.”

Shin nodded and the leader hummed in approval, “So, who’s next?” 

 

There was the first three members' talking about all things that could possibly end up as a scandal, Minhyun, Woojung, and Shin will be in the next chapter that is nearly done and should be up sometime later this week (or sometime after the 25 since my focus will be turning to preparations for my ACT)

Anyhow, on another note. I need help. I've officially run out of ideas, I know I said before that I had tons of ideas and well to be honest all those ideas had gone to waste seeing as how I did not post antyhing - have not posted anything in a good while, haven't written much recently. So, here I am sending a desperate plea to you all, my readers (if there are any of you left reading this).

If any of you have an idea or anything you personally would like to see happen (well, read) please, please, please send the idea or ideas to me via private message. Please don't be afraid to send them to me, I won't bite, I promise. 

Sincerly your struggling author, 

Lane.