Chapter Thirty-Seven

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

About an hour after departing with Jiho, Sora returned to the dorms, shocked to find Younghun lying on the couch, covered in a thin layer of sweat – his eye brows knitted together in obvious pain, his breathing slightly labored. Concern dressed Sora’s facial features as he gently pressed the back of his hand to the leader’s forehead, his eyes widening at how heated the elder’s skin was. The poor male was paler than he had been at the hospital and it genuinely worried the younger.

Sora shook the elder awake, staring straight into the elder’s slightly hazy eyes as soon as the elder’s eyelids fluttered open. Watching silently as the male’s mind slowly processed where he was at.

“Do you need something?” questioned the groggy leader as he sat up, wincing slightly and placing a hand over his stomach, which was bothering him.

“I need to tell you something,” muttered Sora.

“Is everything alright?” questioned Younghun, waking up a bit and staring at Sora in concern.

Sora nodded, placing a hand on the elder’s shoulder, calming the male down, “Everything is fine…It’s just, I admit it.”

“Admit what?”

“You and the others were right…”

“About what?” questioned Younghun, feeling quite confused and disoriented as the younger looked at him.

“I-I just need to talk to you hyung.”

Younghun hummed, moving over to make space for Sora on the couch.

Sora sat down and faced the leader, “I like Woo Jung.”

Younghun looked at him in shock, a small smile playing on his lips, “So, you’ve finally decided to admit it, what made you do so? Ah, that doesn’t matter at the current point in time. It’s good you’ve finally realized your own feelings.”

“That’s not the reason I need to talk to you,” stated Sora, “The reason I’m here is that…I-I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what I should do, how I should confess…I just don’t know hyung. I need relationship advice.”

“I don’t know if I can give you the advice you need for this situation,” muttered Younghun, “Sure, I’ve been in a couple of relationships before, but nothing like this – where the feeling is actually mutual.”

“What do you mean?” questioned Sora, shock dressing his features at the leader’s sudden confession.

“The relationships I had – both of them – ended up with me being used and the feelings I thought were mutual were actually just one sided,” stated Younghun, peering at the ceiling, forming little patterns on the white surface, “They were the reason that for the longest time I believed that the only good thing about me was my money – the fact that I’m an heir to a large fortune that came from generations of hard work, a fortune I don’t even want.”

Sora looked at Younghun in shock, “Tell me about it hyung…”

Younghun glanced at him doubtfully, “Do you really want to hear about it?”

Sora nodded, “I want to know more about you hyung. You’ve helped me a lot these past months and now I want a chance to help you – even if it’s with past problems.”

Younghun laughed, “Help with what?”

“Help with your relationship with Minhyun,” stated Sora, smiling towards the elder male.

“Which is already completely severed due to my idiocy,” stated Younghun, he shook his head, “I don’t need it.”

“You do, hyung. It’s obvious you like him.”

Younghun looked at Sora, hurt shining in his eyes, “I may like him, but I already know that he doesn’t like me. Don’t worry about it, alright? On another subject, I’ll tell you the story of my previous relationships…my past two girlfriends.”

“Really?”

Younghun smiled gently and nodded, “It won’t hurt anything, I’m already over them.”

“Hyungs, I’m home!” called Xue, entering the living room, shocked that the duo was sitting there – rather close to each other.

“Welcome back,” replied Younghun, smiling at the younger male.

“Come on and sit down, Younghun is gonna tell us of his past relationships, right hyung?” questioned Sora.

Younghun nodded, “I will if you get quiet.”

Automatically, Xue sat in the space between the arm of the couch and Sora, the youngest curled up – staring at the leader in curiosity.

“I was eleven when I first started dating,” stated Younghun, “I know, it’s really early, but it was under my mother’s and father’s orders…and it probably shouldn’t even be called dating since at first neither of us liked each other. My parents had an arrangement with two of their ‘friends’ that I’d begin to date their daughter and once we hit the age of eighteen we’d marry. That deal didn’t last very long because they found a richer family to chase after – which I was really glad about. I didn’t want to marry the girl they had originally set me up with.”

The two hummed and Sora stated, “So, the first relationship you had was actually an arranged one?”

Younghun nodded, “That ‘relationship’ lasted for about two years…I had honestly developed feelings for her, but then I realized that they were only in it for the money they’d get from her marrying me,” stated Younghun, peering towards the window of the room, “Luckily my mother and father stopped with the arranged relationships after that one failed. Anyway, I then got another girlfriend when I was fourteen.”

“And?”

“That was a horrible year for me,” muttered Younghun, “Sure my father’s business expanded overseas, but it was followed by .”

The two nodded in understanding, knowing that was the same year he had started fighting with his parents about his future occupation, as well as it being the year he lost his mother. Also, it was the year he moved to Seoul to live with his noona.

Younghun sighed, looking towards his wrist, tracing over the scar that poked out from under the bandage of his stitched up arm. Sora and Xue glanced at each other before looking towards the elder male, gasping in shock as they saw the old scar on the oldest’s wrist – having not noticed before due to the leader constantly wearing a watch to cover it.

“As you two know, I went to Seoul that year,” stated Younghun, clearing his throat – earning nods as he continued to speak, “Well, upon moving to Seoul and staring my training, I found a noona who wanted to date – who liked me, or so I believed she did at that time. She was two years older than me. We dated up until two years ago. She and my previous girlfriend were one in the same.

“They just dated you for your money?” questioned Sora in shock, having a hard time believing it due to how sweet the elder male was.

Younghun nodded, “They both wanted my money and the one who dated me recently played with me for four long years, it ended with me going over to surprise her for our four year anniversary.”

“What happened?” questioned Xue.

“She was in bed with another man, an older man,” muttered Younghun, “She talked about how I was an idiot, a fool. She swore up and down that I’d end up being quire.”

They all cringed at the word.

“I wonder what she’d say,” whispered Younghun, hiding his face in his hands, “If she found out about my feelings towards another man…she’d probably call me disgusting – make fun of me by calling me names childishly. My dad would be disappointed as well, the relationship between of us had been severed when I moved to Seoul and it has finally returned to what it had been before…”

“What about yourself?” muttered Sora, looking at his hyung in shock, “What about your happiness?”

“I’m disappointed in myself,” stated Younghun, twiddling his thumbs, “On another note, Sora, don’t be afraid to confess – don’t let my story influence your decisions in anyway, because our stories are two different ones. Yours has a mutual feeling, mine was one sided – always are and probably always will be.”

Sora nodded in understanding.

“Don’t be afraid to confess,” Younghun smiled brightly towards the younger – placing a hand on his shoulder, “especially if you like Woo Jung.”

“When though?”

“When it feels right,” stated Younghun, “I know it sounds cliché, but the best time is when you feel that it’s the right time.”

Sora nodded in understanding, “Thank you, and hyung.”

Younghun forced himself to stand up, flinching as he straightened up to his full height, his hand automatically going to the place that Minhyun had previously punched – the source of the pain he was feeling, “Your welcome, Sora. You guys, I’m going to go to go lie down for a bit…I’m not feeling too well right now, so please, don’t bother for a while.”

“You don’t look well; you should go back to the hospital,” muttered Xue, “To get checked again.”

Younghun shook his head, “I’ll be fine. There is no need to worry everyone again.”

The two nodded before stating, “Alright, hyung.”

The duo watched as the leader moved into the depths of their shared bedroom, “Night hyung.”

“Night Sora, Ha Joon-ah,” replied Younghun, smiling gently towards the duo before completely disappearing into their bedroom.

“Are you going to confess to Woo Jung?” questioned Xue, peering at Sora.

Sora nodded, “I just have to wait for the perfect time like Younghun said to.”

“Perfect time for what?” questioned Shin, stepping into the living room suddenly – shocking both Sora and Xue, causing the duo to jump.

“Sora-hyung is finally going to confess to Woo Jung,” stated Xue.

“Really?” stated Shin in shock, laughing, “Well, I wish you the best of luck. If you ever need help, let me know – I will help you.”

Sora nodded in understanding, “I’ve already gotten some advice from Younghun. I think I’ll go to you next time though, although I like learning more about hyung, he already has enough on his plate between leading this group, dealing with his growing feelings for Minhyun-hyung – which I think he’s finally admitted, and all his drama filming. Plus, if he fever hangs around he may end back up in the hospital.”

Shin hummed and nodded before turning towards Xue, “What about you?”

“What about me?”

“You’re a teen; don’t you have some sort of love life? Or at least a crush that you’re thinking about?”

Xue looked at the elder emotionlessly before shrugging, “Maybe I do, maybe I don’t.”

Shin chuckled as Sora nudged the younger’s side, “Surely there is something you’re feeling – someone you like.”

The younger shrugged before turning his attention to the television as some random music show appeared – his eyes glued to the countdown as he silently avoided the gazes of the two elder males. 

 

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. This is being posted prior to my final two finals for the semester - it was actually written a week ago, but I just couldn't find time (or the privacy) to post it - so here it is, being posted when I should probably be studying. Be expecting another update later - say about eight or more hours from post exam time - which will probably consist of many gramatical errors from being too lazy to proof it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed...I really should get off now.