Chapter Fifty-Four

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Sora looked at the leader as the male grabbed his hand, leading him out of the car and into a beautiful apartment complex, taking him up to the fourth floor, where he finally knocked on the door. Seconds later, the door was opened by a beautiful woman, who smiled at Younghun. Sora stood in slight confusion, not understanding why his hyung had brought him to this place in the middle of the night after all their schedules finished up.

“Younghun-ah, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you – I sense that you’ve been well?” questioned the woman, smiling towards the leader.

The elder male nodded, “I’ve been too busy worrying about others to think about anything other than getting some sleep for myself, so yes, noona, I’ve been fine.”

She chuckled but nodded, she turned her attention towards Sora, “I take it that you are the Sora I’ve heard all about?”

Sora nodded, a little shocked that his hyung had talked about him to one of his hyung’s seemingly close friends.

“I’m Mi Young,” stated the woman, holding out a manicured hand, towards Sora, a warm smile playing on his lips.

Sora’s eyes widened in realization as to who she was, he looked at Younghun, a bit betrayed.

“I take it Younghun didn’t tell you that you’d be coming to see me this little outing,” stated Mi Young.

“Yeah, hyung left that out,” stated Sora, looking towards the woman and taking her hand with a deep sigh.

“Don’t be mad with him,” stated Mi Young, “He’s just concerned about you, and seeing you in person, I can see just why he would be.”

Sora sighed, “I know, I’ve become unhealthily skinny…”

“Want to speak about it?” questioned Mi Young, welcoming the duo into her apartment, “I have a little office – it is sound proof, so everything you say to me will be kept between you and I, since Younghun will stay out in the living room.”

The woman narrowed her eyes towards the male she had known for years, the male looked a bit guilty, but nodded, “I’ll stay out in the living room – if that’s what you’d like.”

Sora thought about it as he was led into the apartment, “I don’t really talk about it, but seeing as how I can’t really stop the habit I’ve fallen into…I guess I really need some help.”

“And that is the first step of recovery,” stated Mi Young, a bright smile playing on her lips as she peered at the confused 94er.

“What is?”

“Admitting that there is a problem,” stated Younghun, a smile playing on his lips.

“I’m happy to see that you’re not completely in the mental state,” muttered Mi Young, more so to herself than Sora, “Come on with me.”

Sora nodded, following the woman into her office, glancing at the leader of Spectrum as he got comfortable on one of the couches in the woman’s living room – showing just how comfortable he was in the apartment, showing Sora that he knew the woman well and trusted her.  Despite the slight betrayal he felt towards the leader and the other members – who he had heard agreeing to this little trip prior to Younghun pulling him away – he felt happy. He was happy to have hyungs and dongseangs that cared so much about him to go this far – even if it was hidden from him, but he admitted that he probably wouldn’t have tagged along had he known where Younghun had been planning on taking him.

 

Sora sat silently before Mi Young, his eyes scanning over the horde of photos hung on the wall, his eyes stopping on an oddly familiar looking teenager dressed in a hospital patient’s attire. The male was smiling brightly with Mi Young’s arm wrapped around his shoulder as a woman sat on his other side, holding onto his bandaged hand tightly.

“He’d kill me if he saw that photo,” stated Miyoung, breaking the silence that had sat over the two of them.

“Younghun?”

Mi Young hummed.

“Although we snapped that photo a few days after our first meeting, and he doesn’t seem to regret knowing me, he regrets what lead to him being in the hospital that day.” 

Sora looked at Mi Young, “That was the day he…”

“That was right after the time he tried to commit suicide, the only time,” stated Miyoung, “partically because he was a moody, hormonal teenager…drastically at that time.”

“I thought this stuff was confidential,” stated Sora, looking at Mi Young.

Mi Young hummed, “Well, this stuff isn’t necessarily confidential, since you seem to already know this information, plus, its information most people know. I’m just trying to get you to relax. I promise you Sora, whatever you say here will not be heard by anyone else – I won’t even keep a record of our meeting, alright?”

Sora sighed but nodded, his eyes trailing back to the photo, “He was really skinny back then…”

Mi Young hummed, “He could pack one hell of a punch though. He hardly ate anything though.”

“Why?”

“Smoking,” stated Miyoung, “He used to smoke…a lot.”

Sora nodded in understanding, “He’s talked about that before on a few occasions…he lectured a lot of our group mates about smoking as well – nagging them to quit…”

Miyoung smiled and nodded, “I’d say he hasn’t smoked in five years, I’m not sure about that though…He’s very good at nagging about not smoking as well – even when he was one of the biggest smokers I knew.”

Sora hummed.

“Anyway, enough about your hyung, I want to know more about you, Sora,” stated Mi Young, smiling towards the male.

“What about me?”

“I know how stressful the industry is,” stated Mi Young, “I’ve seen Younghun go through it, and I’ve seen his sister go through it when she was younger. I’ve seen countless different patients in the industry that have had similar problems to you, which was why I asked Younghun to bring you here. Something is happening that is very concerning – not only is it concerning Younghun, but Woojung as well and from what I understand, even the rest of your group mates are growing concerned over your condition...”

Sora slouched, automatically knowing what the woman was talking about, “My weight obsession?”

The woman nodded, “I heard that you haven’t been eating as much as you should be – recently, you haven’t been eating at all.”

Sora sighed, knowing that this was coming; he didn’t want to talk about it though but at the same time he did, he wanted to stop worrying constantly about his weight.

“I can understand why your group mates are concerned for you, eating disorders are some of the most deadly disorders in the world, and they are especially common in the entertainment industry,” stated Mi Young,“ Which is why I – alongside Younghun and Woojung – want to help you break the worsening habit before it develops into a disorder because I’ve seen far too many talented people fall this way...”

Sora hummed in understanding, feeling really guilty about worrying his hyung – who had enough on his plate with taking care of the five hyperactive members, as well as his lover – who was constantly worried for his younger sister, who he hadn’t seen in a good while due to the kick start of promotions.

“I didn’t mean for it to become so…habitual…” whispered Sora, guiltily.

Miyoung hummed, “We understand Sora, we just want to help you stop before it become something very, very dangerous. To start it off, we need to know why you’re doing this and we need to know if you want help because if you don’t want this, if you don’t want our aid your condition will continue to decline.”

Sora nodded, biting his lip, continuing on, “The comments just…just got into my head without my knowing, I know I’m not big but…” He paused for a second before continuing on, “First it was just one and then it grew to ten, then more and more people started saying those things and suddenly I started thinking about them every second of every day, even when I was with Woojung. I meant to lose some weight…I never meant for it to go this far – far enough to concern those around me.” Sora’s hands trembled slightly, “I didn’t want to worry the others. We have enough to worry about as it is after all…I mean we have promotions starting up and we’re all slowly getting busier and busier and we all have our own worries…The others have their own worries and they don’t need this…”  

“It’s alright Sora,” stated Miyoung, smiling gently at Sora,  “However, from what Younghun has been telling me, you’ve been showing the beginnings of anorexia, which means that this is going to be a long battle to overcome the habit. As I said before, this is something that I’ve seen far too many talented people slow deteriorate from before they couldn’t take any more…before their bodies could no longer take it…”

Sora nodded in understanding, chewing on his bottom lip lightly.  

“However, recovery and prevention is possible,” responded Miyoung, smiling towards the male, “Especially since right now it is more of a habit than a though process, sure the thoughts are going to plague your mind for a while – I don’t really know how long exactly, but that’s not what matters right now. What matters right now is getting your weight back up to where it is supposed to be.”

Sora hummed, “So, what do I do noona?”

“Try to stay away from reflective surfaces, break the habit of looking at yourself in the mirror constantly throughout the day first, if you do look at yourself don’t let the words bother you – don’t think about how big you are, rather, try to implant in your mind that rather than being too big, you’re too small.” stated Mi Young, “I’ll inform Younghun to keep you away from reflective surfaces as well so that he can spread it along to your members because you are going to need their help and support to overcome this as well as your family’s – despite their being in a different country.”

“Alright,” stated Sora, “What else?”

“Eat six small nutritious meals a day,” stated Miyoung, “You need to be sure to listen to your body and quit exercising when it says to quit, don’t try to push yourself or you will end up in the hospital because of this…”

Sora nodded.

“I’ll inform Younghun to tell the others to keep an eye on you to make sure that you’re eating them all,” stated Miyoung, “Also, think more positive thoughts and keep your head up, don’t let the words of the fans get to you, alright?”

Sora nodded, “Alright, no letting the antis get to me…”

Miyoung smiled, patting the younger’s head, “That’s the spirit; now keep that energy towards this within you for the next couple of months, until we break this habit, alright?”

Sora nodded, “Alright, Miyoung-sshi.”

“Call me noona,” stated Miyoung, smiling at Sora, ”Younghun has my number, have him give it to you, that way if you want to talk to someone, need to talk to someone but don’t want to burden your lover or your hyung, you can call me. Also, Sora, I don’t need to know your reason for doing this in depth at this point in time, but if you continue to have a decrease in your health I’m going to have to have you tell me why you originally started this…a more elaborate reason as to why you’ve done this…”

“Alright, Miyoung-noona,” stated Sora, feeling a bit better than he did before, feeling a bit more positive about the things he was going to do to change his ways.

Miyoung then stood up, followed by Sora as she stated, “That’s it for right now. You can do what we talked about today, right? At least attempt them if you don’t think you can, because I feel like you’re stronger mentally than you let on.”

Sora smiled and nodded, “I can noona.”

Miyoung smiled, “Fighting!”

Sora mimicked the motion the woman did and smiled as she led him towards the door that led out of the office. Sora chuckled as they walked out of the room and saw Younghun dozing off on the couch as if it was his own home.

“I was going to talk to him for a bit, but, eh, I’ll just tell him our plan and send you both on your way,” stated Miyoung, “You both must be exhausted.”

 

Sora smiled as he and Younghun returned to the elder’s car, happily collapsing into the comfortable surface of the worn seats, ready to arrive at the dorms and fall into a deep sleep. He was exhausted from the mentally and physically tolling days that came with the continuation of promotions that came with the fight to get recognized in the industry. So, when the leader suddenly pulled to the side of the road and parked at a 24-hour café Sora grew extremely confused and felt slightly aggravated, struggling to keep his heavy eyelids open.

“Why are we here hyung?” muttered Sora.

“We’re starting your recovery right now,” smiled Younghun, opening the passenger for the younger who looked like he was going to fall asleep any second, “Come on, it’s not going to be that long. It’s just so that you have something on your stomach prior to going to bed.”

“It’s unhealthy to eat this late at night, not to mention we’re eating it before going to bed…” muttered Sora in slight distaste, however, he paused after seeing the pointed look sent his way from the leader, “Which is probably why you’re doing this…”

Younghun chuckled and offered the younger a hand, happily helping him out of the car, “This outing stays as our little secret alright? I don’t need to be ed at by Minhyun about treating you out and not him, or being ered into buying Xue something.”

Sora chuckled but nodded in understanding, “Alright, this is our little secret.”

Younghun smiled, “Plus, manager-hyung would probably kill me for breaking my diet.”

Again, Sora laughed, “So, we call this still being at noonas house?”

Younghun nodded, holding the door to the café open for Sora, a bright smile on his face, “Yes.”

Sora, yet again burst into laughter, his usually cheerful mood showing signs of returning after a couple of weeks – possibly months – of absence.

After ordering and receiving food, the duo moved to one of the booths in the back, hiding themselves away from the night crowd that seemed to be slowly collecting in the café.

Sora sat happily devouring the large piece of chocolate cake that sat before him, savoring the sweetness that invaded his senses and made his mouth water and stomach rumble. Younghun sat on the opposite side of the table, sipping on a coffee and watching happily as the younger ate the fattening, sugary substance with no problem – or so it seemed to him.

By the time they left, Sora had ended up buying two different pieces of the cake and Younghun had consumed a total of nearly three cups of coffee in an effort to keep himself up long enough to read the script of his most recent drama, he still only played minor characters, but his popularity was slowly rising when it came to his acting career.

As they moved into the dorm, Younghun collapsed onto the couch, “Go get to bed.”

Sora nodded in understanding, his expression a little darker than it had been before due to the slight pain in his stomach from overeating. However, he was glad he ate the food – it made him realize just how stupid he was and made him realize just how much he missed eating such sweets.

“What about you?” questioned Sora, peering at the leader.

“I’ll be going to bed in a little bit,” responded Younghun, raising a script for the male to see, “I need to read the script for episode one before tomorrow’s reading with the rest of the cast.”

Sora nodded and stated, “Don’t stay up too late either hyung, and we have a busy day tomorrow with many performances and not to mention the couple of interviews we do have...with you being leader it wouldn’t be good if you got ill.”

Younghun and smiled, “Good-night Sora.”

Sora pouted but nodded, “Night hyung, also, thank you.”

The leader looked at the younger and smiled warmly, “I’m not the one you should be thanking…”

The 94er nodded, biting his lip before moving into his room, knowing that the leader was talking about Woojung, who was probably in their shared room lost in dream land.

 

“You guys are finally home?” stated Woojung tiredly, his voice ringing through the silent room and causing Sora to jump and place a hand on his chest.

“You’re still up?”

“Did you expect me to go to bed when you and hyung were out so late?” muttered Woojung, “You guys had us worried, it took Minhyun and I hours to convince Shin and Xue to go to bed. They finally succumbed to sleep when we told them that it would be best if at least two of us weren’t completely exhausted during promotions tomorrow.”

Sora hummed in understanding, “That is true.”

“So, where did you go after going to that lady?”

“It’s my secret with Younghun-hyung,” stated Sora.

“So he took you out to eat?”

Sora nodded as he slipped into a pair of sweat pants and a tee-shirt, “Yeah, at some 24-hour café that has delicious cake…”

Woojung sighed in relief, laughing as Sora plopped down on the bed beside him, slipping under the covers and cuddling up against his side. Sora looked at Woojung in the darkness, biting his lip.

“I’m sorry for worrying you Jungie-ah,” muttered Sora, “I’m sorry about over reacting as well…It’s just…”

He was cut off by Woojung lightly pecking his lips and stating, “You were under a lot of stress from the words of the fans and my comments made you snap, I understand. Don’t worry about it. I’m not angry, sure I was hurt, but it’s natural and that pain is already better, ok?”

Sora nodded cutely and rested his head against Woojung’s chest, listening to the younger’s heartbeat, “I’m really sorry though.”

“Don’t worry about it,” responded Woojung, “Just focus on getting better, okay?”

Sora smiled and whispered, “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Worrying about me,” muttered Sora.

“Isn’t it typical for a lover to do that though?” questioned Woojung, peering at Sora as he wrapped his arms around the elder male’s waist and caressed the small of his back with his hand.

“Yeah, but…thank you, still…” muttered Sora, his voice wavering slightly as he slowly drifted off to sleep, being lulled by the scent of Woojung’s shampoo and the constant beat of the younger’s heart.

 

Younghun on the other hand walked into a dark room after two hours of reading his script in the living room – reading it until he could hardly keep his heavy eyelids open. Anyhow, upon walking into the room, the only light was coming from the open window which let the full moon’s light into the room. Through the darkness the male could see Minhyun’s sleeping form on the bed, could hear the male’s steady breaths. A sigh of relief left the oldest’s lips as he quietly shut the door behind him before moving towards his own bed as he gleefully pulled off his jeans – happy to get out of the rough material as he slipped on a pair of sweat pants over his boxers.

“You’re home?” muttered Minhyun sleepily, looking over his shoulder to see the moonlight illuminating Younghun’s thinning figure.

“Yeah,” muttered Younghun, pulling off his shirt and throwing it somewhere into the dark depths of the room before slipping under the covers of his own bed, “We’ve home for two hours now…”

“Well, sorry I didn’t feel like waiting up for you,” muttered Minhyun, a slight scowl on his face.

“I didn’t say you had to,” muttered Younghun, rolling onto his side so that his back was turned towards his not-lover, “I just informed you of the fact that we had been home for the past two hours.”

“What took you so long in getting to the room?”

“I was studying my script for tomorrow,” responded Younghun, yawning as he let his heavy eyelids finally close.

“You said we could talk about Miyoung – or whatever her name is,” muttered Minhyun, “So…”

“Tomorrow,” muttered Younghun, his tired mind hardly processing his not-lover’s words.

“Younghun…”

“Tomorrow,” muttered Younghun in a way that made it clear that he did not want to even think about it that night.

“I wasn’t going to carry on with that you ,” muttered Minhyun, offended, “I was going to apologize for what I said earlier, but forget about it.”

Younghun sighed, “Just go to sleep Minhyun.”

“No,” muttered Minhyun stubbornly, “Not until you stop being grumpy!”

“I’ll stop being grumpy if you’d just let me go to sleep.”

“Well, I’m not going to sleep until you apologize for being a jerk earlier.”

“I’m not the one who insulted you earlier,” muttered Younghun, frowning in the dark as his shoulders tensed.

“I don’t understand why we consider ourselves ‘together’,” muttered Minhyun, “Well, why you consider us as being ‘together’ because I just don’t see it working out.”

Younghun bit his lip, feeling aggravation growing within him as the younger yet again woke him from his light sleep – he had only been half asleep, but it still aggravated him since he was so close to falling asleep.

“The two of us fight too much,” muttered Minhyun, feeling slightly stupid for the words he was spewing, he knew he was getting on the leader’s nerves and he could tell that the words were affecting the leader, but he just couldn’t get himself to shut up as he carried on like some girl that loved to cause drama, “The two of us just aren’t going to last long…well, if we do, it’ll be filled with fighting.”

Minhyun flinched as he saw the leader roll onto his back and turn his head towards him, shivering as their eyes met through the darkness – as the moon light reflected on the leader’s face, revealing his dark expression.

“Minhyun, I’m not in the mood to put up with your bull right now, so if that is all you’re going to say do yourself a favor and shut up,” whispered Younghun calmly, his voice showing no signs of the anger obvious on his face, “As bad as this sounds, I’m not in the mood to deal with this…whatever this is and right now, it is the least of my worries – especially with this situation with Sora. Now, Good-night, Minhyun.”

Minhyun froze, opening his mouth, but closing it as he caught sight of the older’s pointed glare that was directed his way before the leader rolled back onto his side.

 

So, yeah...This is LONG over due. Sorry.

Anyhow, more drama has appeared.

I don't really know what else to write right now. All I know is that I don't like it, but sadly drama is pretty much the thing that makes our lives the least bit interesting. 

Sorry for any mistakes made, I know there are some but I'm quite honestly too lazy to go back and find them at this moment...please forgive me. *bows* Anyhow, the next chapter will be up soon since I have actually finished writing it already. ^^

Hope you all enjoyed!