Chapter Thirty-Five

Spectrum {[Apply Closed]}

Silence seemed to sit heavily over the group as they sat around the room, Woo Jung with his eyes glued to the tiled floor – silently thinking that it was the most interesting thing in the world as Hyun Soo continued sending an angry glare his way.

“You better be damn happy that you all weren’t the only group they attacked - as much as I hate saying this, you're lucky they've attacked your sunbae in Teen Top and 100% before,” growled Hyun Soo, frowning towards the male, his anger slowly disappearing, “If you all weren’t your relations with the group of seventeen would’ve been released and probably been a viral topic that we would have to face head on for months at a time. Plus, your groupmates would’ve been put under fire alongside you. However, the news of them being paid to attack Younghun – on the other hand – somehow got out and is all over the news along with their arrests and the report on all the groups they’ve terrorized. The media knows there is something special with Spectrum considering you all are the only ones they put into the hospital, so they’ll probably snooping around for a while. If we play this right, we should be able to avoid the limelight in this case.”

Woo Jung nodded in understanding, glad that Hyun Soo’s anger was disappearing.

“Woo Jung-hyung has relations with the people who attacked us?” muttered Xue in shock, only to get a nod in response from both Woo Jung and Hyun Soo – who were having a stare down. Woo Jung could feel the stares of not only Shin and Xue on him, but Sora’s as well – he hadn’t heard of this portion of his past before. Minhyun looked at him knowingly before collapsing on his bed and rolling so that his back was facing the quintet.

Hyun Soo opened his mouth to inform the three of Woo Jung’s past, only to be stopped by the male involved.

“I’ll tell them, Hyun Soo-hyung,” muttered Woo Jung before the room once again fell into a rather awkward silence.

After a couple of minutes, Woo Jung cleared his throat, the awkwardness obvious in the male, despite his stoic expression, “When I was in my school, in Busan, I was the typical delinquent. I was getting into brawls quite often…I was often mistaken for a snob. They thought that I didn’t talk to anyone because I thought I was better than them all. Anyhow, that caused me to get into many fights…”

Hyunsoo motioned for the male to get to the point of his story, seeing that the male was babbling on, awkwardly adding in random details of the events that occurred in his past.

“Anyway, I used to date someone in one of the gangs that roamed the high school I attended,” blurted out Woo Jung, “Who is the person who tipped me off about the attacks towards us and towards our leader. The two of us had dated because he wanted revenge on me for attacking his gang’s leader…who I beat up.”

“Let me guess,” muttered Shin, “that gang leader you beat was the person who attacked us.”

Woo Jung nodded and yet again the room fell into an awkward silence.

“Does Younghun-hyung know of this?” muttered Sora, peering at Woo Jung – only to see the younger nod in confirmation.

“He knew of the attacks before these past three, when he was attacked while he was filming his drama,” muttered Woo Jung.

“We made it a point to tell him first,” clarified Hyun Soo, “However, even with the warning, Younghun couldn’t protect himself – yes, he’s a pretty strong fighter and is physically fit, but there was no way he was going to make it out of a solo fight against eight attackers unscathed.”

The others nodded in understanding.

“Wait…how is Younghun apart of this?” muttered Xue.

“They were paid by someone in Jeju to seriously injure him,” muttered Hyun Soo, “Those were the words straight from the attacker’s mouths.”

Xue hummed in understanding, before allowing the room to fall into silence again.

“How is Younghun doing?” muttered Sora, breaking the unbearably awkward silence, peering towards Minhyun – who had been silent since the manager had entered the room.

“He’s conscious but has been showing sure signs of a concussion, so they’re doing a couple of tests on him to see just how serious it is,” muttered Hyun Soo, “Other than that, there are only external injuries, besides the broken bones that snapped during the first attack on him.”

Sora hummed in understanding before they fell back into silence.

Hyun Soo stood up from where he was previously sitting on the edge of Minhyun’s bed, “I’m going to go see Younghun – you all are free to come with me if you want. If you want to stay here, that is fine as well; I’ll be back in here ten minutes before visiting hours end.”

The five nodded in understanding, falling into silence yet again as the manager left the room.

“I’m going to go see Jhun-hyung,” mumbled Xue, wanting to escape the awkward atmosphere.

“I’ll go with you,” stated Shin, following the younger out of the room, sensing that Woo Jung and Min Hyun wanted to talk to each other in private.

“I’m going to stay here,” stated Sora, sensing that there was something that was up.

As the door shut, Woo Jung called out for Minhyun – wanting the elder to roll over to face him – practically ignoring Sora’s presence.

“How did your visit with Younghun-hyung go?” questioned Woo Jung, knowing that it would get a response from Min Hyun.

As he suspected, the elder spoke up in acknowledgement at the younger’s words, “I didn’t go to see him.”

“Bull ,” muttered both Woo Jung and Sora, causing the duo to look at each other in shock.

“I’m not lying to you,” muttered Minhyun, faking a yawn as he stretched.

Woo Jung sighed, “Really?”

“Really,” replied Minhyun, rolling onto his back so that he could look at the younger males – his eyes revealing a cocky glint that had hidden his true emotions.

Woo Jung sighed in aggravation, “Let me guess, you went in there, realized my words from the other day were right, and ran away.”

Minhyun stiffened up, but played it off – trying hard to show that the younger was incorrect.

“I hit the bull’s eye, didn’t I?” inquired Woo Jung in amusement, earning a glare from the elder.

 

The night continued on, ending with the departure of Hyun Soo, Xue, Shin, and Sora – who had bid them all farewells, promising to be back on time the following day to pick them up. Upon their exit, the bickering between Min Hyun and Woo Jung arose, until they were finally silenced by a nurse who had received a complaint from a few patients in the next rooms over.

 

 

While the duo’s discharge from the hospital was the morning after the attack, the leader was kept in there for three more days for observations before he was finally released from the hospital as well – welcomed warmly back into the dorms by Xue, Shin, and Sora. Woo Jung had awkwardly welcomed the male as well, however Min Hyun completely ignored the eldest – missing the slight glint of hurt in the elder’s gaze that had disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, but was caught by most of the other four members in the group.

“Let’s go out to celebrate your discharge,” stated Sora.

“I’m not treating you out,” muttered the leader as he collapsed onto the couch, “I don’t want to go out either.”

“He’s on a crap load of pain medication right now,” stated Hyun Soo, “Plus, he still has his fever – the doctors said to keep him in side and in bed for a while.”

“Joy,” muttered Younghun, clearly not liking the news.

“As for the rest of you,” stated Hyun Soo, “The Company has decided that even without the examinations, you all are going to be continuing your training. They’ve decided that you all need the time off plus, you all need to improve a bit in different fields. So, due to that decision, they’ve set you all up for one-on-one training for some fields they believe you need to improve in.”

The males nodded.

“For example,” stated Hyun Soo, “Minhyun will be working on his vocals with Jung-Seongsangnim as will Sora, who they want to refine the talent of. Xue will be joining Jung-Seongsangnim to work on some new singing techniques. Woo Jung will carry on lessons with Shim-Seongsangnim. As for Shin, it’s been decided that you will be the only one exempted from the solo lessons, which you will carry on with your project given to you by the director himself.”

Shin smiled in relief while Woo Jung showed the exact opposite reaction, not wanting to be the only one that had to face Shim-Seongsangnim.

“While you all are doing these solo classes, you will carry on with your group practices,” stated Hyun Soo, before turning to face Younghun, “You will be in bed rest for the next couple of days – until your fever finally goes down. Once it does finally go down and the doctor clears you to return to practice, you will be doubling up on solo classes – doing both singing and rapping classes to make up for the fact you can’t dance with the group.”

Younghun nodded from where he laid sprawled out on the couch.

“Anyway, those classes start tomorrow, so you have today off – since you all are still recovering from the attacks,” stated Hyun Soo.

The males all nodded in understanding and watched as the manager left, “Feel free to do as you like – also don’t be afraid to go out anymore, since the culprits of your attacks are now behind bars due to their countless assault charges.”

The six nodded and with that they got another day off.  

 

I feel like this chapter is crap and a bit rushed...I'm sorry to you all - my readers. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed. ^^