Class Trip Pt. 3

A Wall In between

“You are all going down!”

 

“Hey, calm down Hyunsoo.” Youngmi tried to cool me off.

 

“You guys have some nerve challenging us and even have the guts to plan to boss us all around!”

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t have added the last part knowing the pres would go nuts like this.” I heard some of them whisper.

 

“It’s convenient that we have the same number of boys and girls in the class.” Hoosook pointed out. To be honest, it is a little strange. There were twelve boys and twelve girls in our group but then again it made things easier to sort out for this match.

 

“What’s this commotion about?” Ms. Choi approached us. She already dried her hair after we had a water fight.

 

“The boys challenged us to a beach ball match.”

 

“What’s with the match all of the sudden?”

 

“We just wanted to kill time.” some of the boys answered. She sighed and looked at the group which was segregated into two. There was a big gap between the two teams who just stared each other down.

 

“How about you all go and change into something else. You can’t play like this.”

 

“Okay, we’ll meet again over there near those two big trees in forty minutes! Be prepared to get defeated!” Jimin said.

 

“Captain Minhwa, you’re meant to intimidate them. Go and shake hands with their captain and declare war!” Jaejong told Minhwa. Minhwa looked out of this world. He was confused and seemed like he didn’t know about this plan which was obviously planned ahead.

 

“Me? Captain? Why me?”

 

“Why not? You’re perfect! Besides you’re the Captain of the football team.” Junhong answered.

 

Minhwa slowly stepped forward into the large empty gap that separated the boys from the girls. The girls behind me looked at each other waiting for someone to step up.

 

“Fine. You’re on” I stepped up front and held out my hand. Minhwa hesitantly held his hand out and shook my hand.

 

“We won’t lose to you. Prepare to die!” I tigthened my grip.

 

“Hyunsoo…. you’re kinda scaring me…”

 

I let go of his hand and he seemed relieved.

 

“In forty minute, be near those two trees. At exactly six thirty pm. If you’re are late by just a minute, we’ll take it as a forfeit and the match automatically goes to us.”

 

With that, the boys started to leave one by one and Minhwa tagged along right at the back with Myungsoo who seemed like he wasn’t too interested into the match either. After all, he wasn’t going to gain anything from this so he doesn’t seem to bother although he was the one who actually made us accept the challenge. Us girls also headed back to the hostel together.

 

“I can’t believe we agreed to their challenge.” Minah sighed.

 

“It’s not like we are going to win anyways. I mean most of them are giants and besides half of them are in the football team.” Eunji added.

 

“Oh come on. It’s just a game. Let’s just have fun!” Hyunjae tried to cheer everyone up. Most of us had no hope at all. It’s obvious that they are all more athletic than us.

 

“What about the bet. What if we lose?” Choa started to worry.

 

“Big deal. They would probably tell us to go and buy them snacks and drinks and pay for it while they chill at the beach.” I said. What else would they want anyways?

 

“It’s just for a couple of days anyways.” Mijin said.

 

“Well, can’t we at least try to win?” Jaehwa asked. “I don’t feel like playing for the sake of it.”

 

“I know what you mean. I won’t feel satisfied unless I actually tried either.” Jihyun replied

 

“No one claimed that we shouldn’t try. Let’s try our best and hope for a miracle.” Youngmi stated which made everyone smile. I however was deep in thoughts.

 

“What are you thinking about Hyunsoo?” Sunhi asked.

 

“I was thinking. We might actually stand a chance!”

 

“How?”

 

“Think about it. Most of them are good at sports. There is no denial in that. But that means they will only reply on their skills and won’t think about our weaknesses as a team.”

 

“Would you mind trying to make more sense?” Jaehwa asked.

 

“Look. The reason why we are discussing this right now is because we know they are better than us. When they left, they left in their own little groups. They have confidence in their athletic skills unlike us.”

 

“I get it. They won’t think as hard as us about this. They are going to go, change and rest for a bit before coming back but we are actually thinking about it.” Hyunjae said.

 

“That’s right! I’m not saying that none of them are actually bright. We have a couple of bright guys in our class but since they are overconfident with their skills, they won’t bother planning this out. You know, like making a strategy. This means that yes in terms of skills they are ahead of us but we can back ourselves up with brains!”

 

“Any plans then?” Jihyun asked.

 

“Nope, not yet. But let’s all meet up in our room after changing.”

 

“You girls sound more confident.” Ms. Choi commented. We all just smiled at her.

 

We headed back to our rooms and changed into something that was comfortable to play in. Since both Mijin and Jaehwa brought hair dryers, we took turns to dry out hair. After ten minutes we heard a knock on the door. Hoosook who was closest to the door opened it. It was the girls from the other room. They have also changed their clothes and dried their hair and looked a lot more eager to win the match. The fact that we knew the boys weren’t going to think much about the match made us a bit more confident although we all knew deep down that we were going to lose.

 

We all gathered up in a circle. In total we have twelve people. It would be smart to do a front line and a back line.

 

“How about we have six people at the front and six at the back?” Youngmi asked. It sounded like a good start.

 

“We can have the taller people at the back.” Sunhi suggested.

 

“I think we should have two tall people at the front too just in case. I mean the net is tall so if we have two people at the front it would benefit us!” I added. “I think the boys will also make the taller people stand at the back. So we should predict how they would line up too.”

 

“Shall we start by height arranging us all?” Hyunjae asked.



 

After around fifteen minutes we came up with a strategy and a line up for us girls and a prediction of how the boys will most likely line up.

This was the line up for us girls.

 

This is how we predicted the boys would line up. [sorry, it's meant to say Jimin instead of Jaehwa]

“Well, this looks good!” Sunhi commented.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Even if they won’t line up in the exact positions, I’m pretty sure they’ll line up something like this.” Jihyun said confidently.

 

“Since we’ve seen them play football a couple of times we at least know who’s the attacker and the defender. I think logically this seems like a pretty good prediction.” Yuna added.

 

We all took a moment to stare at the pieces of paper.

 

“We’ve played normal volleyball quite a few times at times so we know our own strengths and weaknesses too. We know who to pass to and who will definitely be able to deflect the ball.” Hyunjae stated.

 

“Well, paying attention to each other during PE classes really did come in use didn’t it?”


 

“Hey, what do you think all of them are doing in that room?”

 

We heard a voice from outside. We all went quiet again and decided to listen closely.

 

“Shut up you idiot. They’ll hear us!”

 

We heard another voice which spoke a lot quieter than the first one but was still loud enough for us to hear.

 

“I think we are being spied on.” Youngmi whispered.

 

We took a moment to look at each other in silence.

 

“Should we check who it is?” Hoosook asked.

 

“Wait. Hide the sheets we wrote on under the bed and open the second cabinet. Take out a couple of bags of snacks, open them and put them in the middle.” I ordered. Everyone did as I said. They caught onto the plan and helped themselves to the snacks in the middle and ate them.

 

“Open it now.” I told Hoosook. Hoosook who was again closest to the door went to door and opened it to find some of the guys outside.

 

“Uh oh, busted!” Sehun said before Jongin covered his mouth.

 

“What are you all doing together in that room?” Youngjae asked.

 

“Can’t you see? We are eating!” Jaehwa said and we held the packets up.

 

“The girls here had hair dryers so we came over to blow dry our hair after changing our clothes. Hyunsoo and Hyunjae then invited us to stay and eat some snacks with them.” Jihyun added after seeing Jaehwas and Mijins hairdryers on the dressing table.

 

“We packed a lot to eat but we knew that we won’t be able to finish it so we asked them to stay. Besides, we can’t play on an empty stomach.” Hyunjae added.

 

“That is true.” Minseok agreed with Hyunjae. At least they believed us…

 

“Hey guys, party in the pres’ room. They have food!” Jongin and Sehun announced and we heard two doors simultaneously open.

 

“Who said we’ll share with you?” Minah asked but was ignored. Before we knew it, the boys lined up outside.

 

“You guys declared war on us, don’t expect us to feed you.” I told them. Even though I said this, they still came in (uninvited) and shut the door behind them. They made themselves comfortable wherever there was space. Some were sitting on the floor with us and some made themselves more comfortable on the bottom bunks of the beds.

 

“At least sit on the floor you guys.” Mijin said. She was also ignored. Behind me were Myungsoo and Minhwa sitting on my bed. The bottom bunk is mine and the top bunk was taken by Hyunjae. I looked behind me and saw Myungsoo making himself a lot more comfortable than necessary.

 

“Hey! Keep your dirty feet off my bed!” I shouted at him.

 

“This is your bed?” Minhwa asked.

 

“I knew it. The bedsheets are done badly on this bed so it would definitely belong to someone like you!” Myungsoo exclaimed. I glared at the two of them who were still unwilling to get off my bed to sit on the floor and I wasn’t the only one. Hoosook looked at Jongup, Minseok and Jongdae who were making themselves comfortable on her bed. She just stared at them waiting for them to get off. Mijin was nagging Jaejong to get off her bed since he was making himself the most comfortable. He was lying in her bed as if he was ready to go to sleep. Sunhi was also helplessly staring at her bed waiting for Jongin and Sehun to get up.

 

“Hey pres, pass me a packet!” Jongdae said.

 

“In your dreams! We never said we were going to share anything with you all in the first place.”

 

“Oh, come on. Does it mean we came in here for nothing?” Sehun asked.

 

“We never asked you to come in here let alone settle down like this.” Jihyun answered them this time. There was a brief silence between everyone.

 

“Come on, we only have fifteen minutes left.” Jimin said.

 

“Let’s call a ceasefire for now!” Jaejong suggested.

 

“No way! And don't cover yourself with my blanket. Get out of my bed!” Mijin shouted back.

 

“How about we negotiate?” Myungsoo asked. He was awfully quiet for the whole day today. I was surprised he even talked. Then again, he was the reason why everyone actually agreed to the match.

 

“What is it?” Youngmi asked.

 

“Don’t fall for it guys. We already agreed to the match because of this sweet talker.” I warned everyone.

 

“Well, let me sweet talk you again.” He looked at Minhwa as if he was expecting him to join in.

 

“You see, unlike the others I brought some snacks too.” Minhwa showed us a couple of big packets of snacks he brought.

 

“Then Minhwa can stay. The rest of you can leave!” I said. My statement was followed by a couple of ‘whys’ and ‘nos’.

 

“Minhwa did it as our captain. He did it as the team captain for the team.” Junhong said.

 

“Yeah, that’s right!”

 

“Long live our captain.”

 

Me and the other girls stared at them with dumbfounded expressions. No words could describe how stupid these guys sounded right now.

 

“We’ll take the silence as a yes!” Myungsoo stated and was followed by cheers.

 

Damn you Myungsoo….

 

“Fine. If you overeat and lose the match it’s better for us!” I said but they were too into the food. I looked around and some of the girls just shrugged.

 

“Well, as long as they are okay with it, I’m fine…”

 

“What are you mumbling about?” Myungsoo asked. I turned around.

 

“Seems like you’re much better now!”

 

“It’s not my fault you give in so easily.”

 

“You are the one who was playing unfairly.”

 

“Like I said, it’s not my fault.”

 

“Just stuff your mouth with some food and shut up for a while will you? Or go back to being ill again. I liked you a lot better like that.”

 

“Hey Minseok. Throw over that packet!”

 

He ignored me….

 

“Here Hyunsoo. You can have these!” Minhwa handed me a candy bar. “Not many people in our class like these apart from you and me.”

 

“Thanks. It’s hard to find these around nowadays.”

 

“My cousin found these the other day and bought some knowing that I like them.”

 

Minhwa is definitely nicer than Myungsoo, that’s for sure!

 

“Hey, what’s that under the bed?”


The girls looked at each other with wide eyes.

 


A/N - Dun dun dun CLIFF HANGER!!!! 

Lol guess what. I actually forgot how to use powerpoint so it took me some time to make those slides (and another one for the next chapter which took the most time). Anyways I hope I hooked you back onto the storyline. The trip will be a lot more actionpacked! Its still the first day after all!! I'm sorry if it's mostly people talking but since everyone in the class needs at least one line, there is more dialouge than text. Also, everyone in the class has names now (yaaay!)

Oh and also, I will be rechecking and changing some chapter by either extending them or whatnot since like I said I was 16 and I improved. It will only be minor changes anyways, nothing worth rereading but do not panic if you see chapters gone missing or a change in title of chapters ^^