My Typical Day

A Wall In between

 

"So see you in class then Kim Myungsoo! Dont be late otherwise you will have to do todays classroom duty yourself", I smiled and ran off. Before I did I heard him whisper something.
 
"Weirdo", he giggled. I ran up to Mi Jin and Hoo Sook.
 
"You!", Mi Jin walked towards me pointing at me. Hoo Sook just giggled.
 
"You were ill and didnt tell us?", she asked.
 
"Well duh! Do I have to tell you guys everything", I asked emphasising the 'everything'.
 
"Well we need to know about your health Hyunsoo. If you die Jae Hwa and I have to prepare a funeral.", she said while putting her hands on my shoulders. I glared at her.
 
"Dont worry I wont die before you do", I said.
 
"Come on. We have to get to class before the teacher kicks us out!", Hoo Sook said. We all walked to class room. First its registration. We were all in the classroom and waited. Minutes later a teacher came in.
 
"Your homeroom teacher isnt here today so the class president has to do homeroom", he said.
 
"Lee Hyunsoo", he called my name. I looked and stood up.
 
"I'm here", I answered. He came up to me and gave me a box with notifications for students.
 
"I'll leave everything to you", he said and left. As soon as he left the class broke out into chatter. I walked up to the front of the class.
 
"Hey guys listen up!", I called out. Everyone turned to face me.
 
"We have to do homeroom as usual but you can talk as soon as we get everything done and over with", I continued. Everything seems to go just fine.
 
"Shut up! Who wants to listen to you?", I heared someone say. I looked and saw five boys on the back tables. Oh great its the class idiots.
 
"'We have homeroom as usual blah blah blah blah blah'", one imitated me. I took out the register in an annoyed manner.
 
"Is anyone not in today?", I asked. A few girls at the front looked around and told me who isnt here. I thanked them.
 
"Oi are you done?", one of them asked. They were really starting to get on my nerves.
 
"I asked you a question! Are you done?", he repeated.
 
"Does it look like I'm done?", I asked in an annoyed tone while holding a folder with notification.
 
"Chill dude shes getting angry", another one laughed. 
 
If its acceptable by society, I would go and slap all five of them and sorted them out once and for all! But apparently its not acceptable.
 
"Well stop standing there and continue! We dont have all day Miss Class Pres!", one said.
 
"You guys are getting on my ner-", I started and got cut off.
 
"Oi you guys, could you just shut up? You are giving me a head ache!", I heard a voice. I looked around to see who it was. It was Myungsoo who just lifted his head off the table. He stood up and walked up to the front.
 
"If anyone is complaining, there is something called a door. Feel free to walk out", he said pointing at the door in an annoyed voice. I elbowed him.
 
"Yah what are you doing?", I whispered.
 
"Shut up", he answered. He was really annoyed.
 
"Tsk. Romeo just told us to get out. Wanna go?", he asked the rest. They all got up and walked towards the front door.
 
"Oi what do you five think you are doing?", I asked. They ignored me and walked out. The last one shut the door behind them.
 
"Look what you did!", I complained to Myungsoo. He didnt listen either and walked towards the door too.
 
"Where do you think you are going?", I asked.
 
"Toilet", he said and left. 
 
I'm surrounded by idiots. I sighed and called Hyun Jae, Mi Jin and Jae Hwa over.
 
"Can you guys do me a favour? Do the notifications while I'm gone", I begged. They all agreed and I gave them the folder with notifications and walked towards the door aswell. I looked around. No one to be seen. I walked down the corridor and went down the stairs until I reached the boys toilet. I heared talking inside. I couldnt go in.
 
"Do you think you can 'sort us out'?", I heared someone laugh. Its definatly them.
 
"Yes", I heared another laugh but this time its Myungsoo.
 
"You little ****** think you are all gangster because you are the new kid huh? Wait till we sort you out", I heared another one say. Seriously whats wrong with these idiots. The door was shut from the inside and I couldnt open it from the outside. Either way I cant just walk inside either. I took a few steps back and high kicked the door to bring attention to the door.
 
"No one will sort anyone out. Get out here!", I said. No response.
 
"NOW!", I said furiously. I heard footsteps coming towards the door. One of them opened the door. 
 
"What do you want?", he asked. I looked to see everyone there including Myungsoo who got a cut on his cheek.
 
"Playtime is over get back into the classroom!", I demanded.
 
"Tsk. What will you do about it?", he asked. I didnt respond to his question.
 
"You little", he got his fist and was about to punch me. I grabbed his wrist and twisted it.
 
"Two points! Number one. You never, ever think about hitting a girl. Number two. If I say something as both class president or Lee Hyunsoo, you listen to it and do it. Number three. If you think you can get away after hurting me, think again.", I said furiously while twisting his hand even more. I could see the pain in his face. I let go.
 
"Understand?", I asked. They all nodded silently.
 
"I ask you all a question. If I ask something you answer with your mouth!", I said.
 
"Yes", they all said before making their way to the class room. Myungsoo walked out aswell.
 
"I'm not the class president for nothing. I know how to control them. There is no need for you to get involved!", I said. He nodded and headed to the class room. 
 
"Oi wrong direction! You will go to the medical room now and get antiseptic on that cut you got", I demanded. He immediatly changed direction to the medical room while I accompanied him. We reached the medical room and the nurse was no where to be seen. I looked at the time. She normally comes in late. I looked around.
 
"Sit down", I demanded. He sat down without any hesitations. I went to the shelf and got a cotton pad and antiseptic and a plaster. I put a few drops of antiseptic on the cotton pad and put it on his cut lightly.
 
"Oww that hurts you moron", he screamed. 
 
"Shut it", I said. I tapped the cotton pad lightly making sure all the dirt is gone. I looked closer at his face trying to see if there are any other cuts.
 
"How did it happen?", I asked.
 
"Someones fingernail. Its scratched my face", he answered. I threw the cotton pad away and took the plaster and stuck it onto the cut. He got up and looked into the mirror.
 
"Why does the plaster have hearts on it?", he asked.
 
"I drew them on. As a punishment. You will have to keep it on until we get home!", I said.
 
"I'm a guy", he said.
 
"Yes I know and I'm a girl", I replied.
 
"Thats not the point", he said.
 
"I know thats not the point.", I replied.
 
"Whatever", he said before walking out. He was probably getting annoyed.
 
"Remember you have to wear the plaster until you get home.", I shouted. He lifted his right arm in reply.
 
I walked back to the classroom to see our Chemistry teacher standing there. I bowed and walked in and sat in my seat. 
 
"Mi Jin whats this about?", I asked Mi Jin who sat in front of me.
 
"Titrations apparently", she answered. I looked at the apparatus. 
 
"So class this will be your first titration. It is all about practice so dont worry if your results arent accurate", the teacher said, "Look through the procedure and work in pairs for this as this is your first time!".
 
I looked over to see Myungsoo. I remembered the last time we did a practical in biology.
 
"I'll go and get the equipment", I said and was about to make my way to the side but stopped when I saw Myungsoo who is already went. He came back with the equipment and set everything up. On the other hand I started to prepare the base by adding distilled water to sodium hydroxide crystals after weighing them. This will be put into the burette. I then pipetted some solution X and put it into a conical flask and added some indicator. I reached out to try and pour the Sodium hydroxide into the burette. I reached out for the top of the burette. I couldnt reach.
 
"Myungsoo.", I called.
 
"What is it?", he asked.
 
"Can you pour this into the burette?", I asked in a embarrassed tone with the solution in my hand. He took it off me and poured it into the burette up until the 0 mark. We opened the tap and started our first titration which is also called the rough titre. I stopped as soon as I noticed the solution go colourless. Again I couldnt reach to read the reading so Myungsoo did it instead. We drew a results table and did it twice more and we go the average of 12.4 which was pretty good for our first try. After clearing our equipment away, we sat down and did a write up and gave it in before heading out for break. Double lessons always go fast especially when we do practicals. At break we just gathered and had a typical girl discussion.
 
"Have you guys heard Big Bangs new song?", Sun Hi asked.
 
"You mean fantastic baby?", I asked.
 
"Yep cool right?", she asked. We all nodded.
 
"TOP scared the hell out of Jae Hwa with the Boom Shaka laka", Mi Jin laughed.
 
"It came out of no where, okay?", she said. We still laughed.
 
"What about Suju?", Hoo Sook asked. "That drama by Siwon and Donghae was awesome".
 
"Which one?", Young Mi asked.
 
"Skip beat?", I asked. Hoo Sook nodded. 
 
"It was so good but why did Donghae have to end up by himself?", Sun Hi moaned. Typical Sun Hi! The bell soon went off for our next lesson; english! How much I hated that subject. We all went to class and sat down and Mr Kwon soon walked in.
 
"Okay folks I've marked your essays on Romeo and Juliet and War poetry. There is still a lot people can improve on!" he said and handed everything out. I got mine and looked at it. 21/30! Not bad especially when I dont like english as much as maths and science. 
 
"I think everyone lacks understanding of Romeo and Juliet. I think its best for us to read through some scenes.", he said and handed scripts out, "Everyone with the person next to you, you will have to act out a specific scene and then analyse it. We can act some out at the end". I turned over. Guess he is my partner until I move seat. We looked through the script and Mr Kwon came up to us.
 
"You two will be doing the balcony scene. I expect good work from the both of you.", he said before leaving. The balcony scene is that cheesy scene right? I turned to find the page.
 
"Page 89", Myungsoo said.
 
"Thanks".
 
"You have to start", I said. I looked at the script. This scene is so romantic, it makes me wanna cringe so badly.
 
"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she. Be not her maid, since she is envious. Her vestal livery is but sick and green and none but fools do wear it, cast it off. It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that? Her eye discourses; I will answer it. I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks.Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head? The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright, that birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!", he started off. His acting skills are amazing. I was amazed and stood there in awe. I cant not be serious now!
 
"Ay me!", I said follwing the script trying to get into character.
 
"She speaks. O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wondering eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him when he bestrides the lazy pacing clouds andd sails upon the bosom of the air.", he said. What cant he do. I looked back at the script.
 
"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet.", I said. These two seriously had the cheesiest lines.
 
" Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?", he said.
 
" 'Tis but thy name that is my enemy, thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What's in a name that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, Retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself. ", I finished off.
 
"Can we stop now?", I asked.
 
"Yes.", he replied.
 
"Okay folks lets see some of these", Mr Kwon shouted out. Please dont pick us please dont pick us!
 
"How about Hyunsoo and Myungsoo?", he asked. Damn it!
We got up and stood at the front of the class. I was already embarrased for reading it in front of him, I will explode of embarrassment if I do it in front of the whole class.
 
"Just do it as practiced", Myungsoo smiled. I couldnt do anything but smile back.
 
"3,2,1 action", the teacher said before we started. Like Myungsoo said I read it out as we practiced although I did have some embarrassment. After we read it out everyone clapped and then we explained the meaning of the lines.
 
"Its about Romeo finding Juliet after the ball and this is after they found out they are enemies. Juliet
asks if he could not leave his family behind to be with her but even if he does not do so but if he still loves her, she would leave her family to be with him", I explained.
 
"Good job both of you! We should do a school play on Romeo and Juliet! Are you two interested in the main roles?", he asked jokingly.
 
"No I'm fine being Lee Hyunsoo", I joked back. We went back to sit down and the next group got up and went to the front.
 
"You did good", Myungsoo whispered.
 
"Thanks. You are good at acting.", I whispered back.
 
"Thats because I always had to take the lead role in elementary school for school plays.", he joked. I smiled. The lesson soon ended and we made our way outside for lunch. My favorite lesson.
 
"Wanna go out for lunch together?", I asked Myungsoo.
 
"Well I dont have anything better to do so I dont mind", he answered