Slave Contract

A Wall In between

 

The next day I woke up instinctively knowing it was Monday time for school. After getting dressed I fed Eros and ate my own breakfast before heading out and found Myungsoo at the door.
 
"Yo", I smiled.
 
"Shut up. You are carrying my bags today.", he said with his usual pokerface. He handed me his School bag and his football kit. My hands dropped at the weight of it. I looked at him.
 
"Can't you carry it yourself?", I moaned.
 
"Its part of your agreement. Now carry it without any complaints!", he said. I glared at him and started walking.
 
"Noona would you want some help?", Monsoon whispered to me. I shook my head.
 
"A promise is a promise. I can't let you suffer with me", I smiled.
 
"Do tell me if it's too heavy", he said. I sighed.
 
"I wish SOME PEOPLE would be more considerate and carry at least on bag", I shouted so Myungsoo would hear.
 
"A promise is a promise", he repeated my words. I ran up to him with his messenger bag on my back, my rucksack at the front and his football kit in my hand.
 
"Can't you carry at least one?", I pleaded.
 
"It's your duty. Besides it's a sight to see you carrying three bags like an idiot", he laughed. I attempted to push into him from the side but he dodged making me trip. I didn't fall though.
 
"Think twice before you pull a stunt like that", he said. I glared at him. Monsoon looked ahead and pointed at two boys.
 
"My friends are there. I'll be going first. Bye hyung, bye noona", he smiled and ran off.
 
"Bye", I smiled and waved back. Myungsoo glared at me.
 
"You have energy to scream like an idiot yet you don't have energy to carry a few bags?", he asked. We kept walking. We heard a voice calling us from behind.
 
"Hyunsoo, Myungsoo", someone called. We turned around. Minhwa ran towards us.
 
"Morning~", I smiled. Minhwa smiled back and looked at me.
 
"Sure looks heavy", he said breaking my smile. He looks at Myungsoo.
 
"Be wise with your orders. Remember next week she can get all the revenge she wants", he whispered into his ears.
 
"I heard that", I shouted. "Why is the world against me now?" He straightened up.
 
"Need help?", he asked.
 
"Make fun of me and then ask me for help. Who wouldnt get angry if someone put you through this?", I shouted.
 
"Calm down Miss Pres. Want help with the bags?", he asked. I shook my head.
 
"Guess you are still into the 'a promise is a promise' phrase", he laughed.
 
"Whats there to laugh about. I'm a loyal woman who always keeps their word. Besides I didnt choose my words wisely that time when I promised to do anything. If I knew this would happen, I wouldnt have said that. It was a slip of tongue", I said.
 
"Shut up and become the loyal woman who keeps their word you talk about", Myungsoo ordered.
 
"Tsk.", I said in reply.
 
"Its an order", he smirked. I adjusted the messenger bag and walked off.
 
"Its an order", I mimicked him.
 
"Yah no mocking", I heard from behind. I turned around to see the pair laughing. 
 
"Whatever", I said and stuck my tongue out. I reached the classroom and threw his bags on his table. I went and sat down and was slowly joined by my friends. They stared at me who was in a bad mood already.
 
"We heared-", Mi Jin started off. I glared at her making her stop what she was saying.
 
"We heared you got a cat", Hoo Sook said brightening the mood up. I looked at her and looked outside.
 
"Yes I did. I found it in the park.", I replied. All six of them sighed in relief.
 
"Really what colour?", Jae Hwa asked. Come to think of it, she used to have cats.
 
"Black", I replied.
 
"Black? Oh my god I want to see", Hoo Sook jumped. She loves the colour black. I smiled.
 
"Sure feel free to come over whenever you like", I said.
 
"No need to invite us. We'll invite ourselves over whenever we want to", Jae Hwa laughed making the rest of us laugh too. 
 
"We also heared about that promise", Young Mi said. I looked at her.
 
"Oh that. Its only for four more days. Then he is dead", I smiled.
 
"Make sure to tell us the date for the funeral. I want to say a speech", Sun Hi joked. 
 
"Forget the speech. We are witnesses to a crime", Mi Jin laughed.
 
"Uhh future lawyer right here", Hyun Jae joked. Myungsoo came and sat down on his seat.
 
"Yah you are supposed to put my football kit in the locker", he complained. This guy!
 
"Tsk. Pass it. I can get my folder for the meeting too.", I said and snatched his football kit off him. I walked out of the class and downstairs to the lockers. I put his bag into his locker and opened mine to get my folder. A note fell out. I picked it up from the floor and read it.
 
'You remind me of a rose. Will you wither like a rose too?'
 
I tilted my head. What is this. I turned it around and looked at the back. Nothing there. It reminds me of the piece I got last week. The paper does. Strange...
 
Someone took the note off me. I looked up. It was Myungsoo. He seemed just as confused as me.
 
"Whats this?", he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
 
"How should I know. It was in my locker.", I replied. He sighed.
 
"Dont worry. Forget about it.", he reassured. I nodded and got my folder for the meeting. Its tomorrow and I need to sort it out for the meeting tomorrow. Its about our round up trip this year. I have to organise it with the other three class presidents.
 
"We are going to be late", he said. I shut my locker and walked behind him. Its just a note. Probably a prank. We picked up the pace and walked to our homeroom. Our teacher was there already. She smiled at us. Her face was brighter than ever. We bowed and walked to our seats. She did the register and let us talk.
 
"Hyunsoo can I talk to you?", she called. I nodded and walked up to her. 
 
"The meeting is tomorrow are you prepared?", she asked. I smiled.
 
"Miss I'm Lee Hyunsoo have you forgotten?", I laughed. I got my folder and showed it to her.
 
"Since its summer, it would be better to go to a beach. Also there are quite a lot of beach resorts from quite low and affordable prices. There is one I found in particular. Its right next to the sea and has a hall. We can have like a prom in there. Like one for our class. I mean all the other representatives prefered the trip to be seperate for each class. I think this would be a good idea. Also it would be good for 3 nights and 4 days. And again its affordable aswell.", I explained. She looked at the research I done and smiled.
 
"Seems like you are done with research. Sounds reasonable", she smiled.
 
"Thank you. I just have to do a proper write up for the head teacher.", I said. She nodded. I bowed and went and sat in my seat.
 
"Did you plan the trip?", Mi Jin asked after turning around.
 
"Maybe. Maybe not", I smiled.
 
"Tell me!", she begged.
 
"Its a surprise", I smiled.
 
"Tell me tell me t-t-t-t-t-tell me", she sang the song by Wonder Girls.
 
"Whether you sing or rap, I wont tell you.", I said. She pouted and turned around making me laugh. After homeroom ended, Miss Choi left and we were waiting for our maths teacher. 
 
"Yah shorty", Myungsoo whispered.
 
"Dont call me shorty", I shouted.
 
"Remember that bet I lost yesterday? I demand you to do the punishment for me", he smirked.
 
"Thats all?", I asked. I got up and did part of the Gee dance on the spot which made Myungsoos mouth hang wide open. I sat back down.
 
"Werent you embarrassed?", he asked.
 
"Nope. I do this very often. Also I used to do dance so I should take pride in it", I smiled. He wasnt expecting this outcome. I smirked at his expression. Guess your plan failed miserably. We continued our work after our maths teacher arrived. I looked at him once in a while checking if he snapped out of it but whenever I looked at him, he was still in shock, much to my amusement. I would chuckle once in while after looking at his expression and get a glare in return. After the lesson, the teacher left and it was finally break time. I looked outside and it was raining. This means that we can stay inside today.
 
"Yah shorty", Myungsoo called again.
 
"What is it?", I shouted. He probably got another plan. 
 
"Do you want me to dance to SNSD's Hoot next? Or maybe I got a boy?", I laughed. He smirked. He leaned closer.
 
"Get on your chair and shout out 'Master Kim Myungsoo is so much better than me. I admit it. He is smart, sporty, talented, handsome and there are many many other qualities he has.'", he whispered.
 
"Are you serious?", I asked. He smirked.
 
"Did I find your weakpoint? Your pride is your weakpoint", he said.
 
"I dont care if I'm your slave or whatever I'm not going to do such a thing", I shouted.
 
"I dont think so. A promise is a promise", he sang. Me and my big mouth.
 
"Chop chop we dont have the whole day", he demanded. I got up and got onto my chair. Everyones attention was turned to me. Makes things even better. I cleared my throat and shut my eyes.
 
"Master Kim Myungsoo is so much better than me. I admit it. He is smart, sporty, talented, handsome and there are many many other qualities he has.", I shouted. I opened my eyes to find Mr Kwon at the front of the class.
 
"I'm glad you are getting along with another student Hyunsoo but dont you think this goes over the top?", he asked. The class laughed. I jumped down and sat down.
 
"Does anyone know what kind of technique I just used?", he asked. There was a silence in the class.
 
"It was a pun", he laughed, "Get it 'over the top' and she was standing on the chair?". Everyone gave him a blank face. I guess this is the humour of a literature teacher.