Part time Job

A Wall In between

A/N : Surprise :) I got a long update. I'm grateful that some of yesterdays part got deleted because I change that bit and I like this version a lot more and extended what I was supposed to update yesterday :). Also thank you for the subscriptions. It made me smile. Please continue supporting. You know the drill xD. Subscribe, Comment, Upvote!


I left to school by myself. I took the bus to school and arrived at school. I went to the classroom where I found everyone already there. Myungsoo was there too. My friends greeted me. They all knew about my grandmother as Myungsoo told them about it. But I never told them about how bad my aunt really was. I did stay there before. It was hell! I went and sat down and started answering everyones questions. After the teacher arrived, they all sat down. Myungsoo threw a note. I opened the piece of scrunched up paper and read what it said. 'Are you okay?', it said. I turned the piece of paper around and wrote a a reply. 'Yes, Thank you Myungsoo', I wrote and passed it back. I was really relieved to have Myungsoo as a close friend. Although I didn't tell him anything, he still checked up on me. I smiled at that thought. 

School passed like it normally did. I stayed to do class duty with Myungsoo. After I put the chairs up, Myungsoo told me to go as it takes a while to get to my aunts house. I thanked him and took off. I remembered that I had to stop by at my new part time job. I looked around in the central of the town, and walked passed the coffee shop Myungsoo and I would usually go to. It was the same shop where we spied on Miss Choi. I looked though the windows as I walked passed, but it was closed today. I walked towards it and read a notice. It said 'Notice : Cafe Latte will be temporarily closed. We will reopen soon.' I looked inside and they were refurbishing the shop. I guess I'm not the only one who has a new start. I continued to walk towards the central town and found the Cafe my aunt was talking about. I opened the door slowly, and walked inside. I looked around. Most workers were university students, and all the workers were females. I looked around even more to see most of the customers being males. I took in a deep breath and walked towards the counter. I saw a lady standing there. She was in her mid thirties and had a badge on. It said 'Manager' on it. I decided to ask her.

"Excuse me? My aunt sent me here." I said. She turned around to face me. She looked me up and down.

"She sent a High schooler? Seems promising. That's what we are missing in our Cafe." She said. I was really confused. She told me to follow her to the back of the shop, to the staff room. She went through a wardrobe and picked out some clothes. She told me to go and change into it. I went to the toilet and looked at the clothes. A MAID UNIFORM?!!!

The uniform reminded me of the maid uniform from that manga I read a while ago. I remember it was called 'Kaichou wa maid sama'. It consisted of a black dress with a white apron and white, knee high socks, dark brown riding boots and a maid head band. After putting it on, I looked in the mirror. Embarrassing much. I knew I didn't have a choice and had to walk out in this. I did so and saw the manager and a few girls waiting. They all awed at me. I looked around and noticed that I was the youngest out of everyone. I didn't say anything.

"Umm..." I dragged.

"Thank god it fits. It took me some time to find a small outfit. I then had to stitch the sides up." She seemed relieved. She seemed really nice. I bowed and thanked her. The older girls giggled.

"You are being too formal to the manager. To be honest, she doesn't need any respect at all", a girl said to which the manager just pouted. They all seemed really nice. Compared to the manager, my aunt was nothing.

"Your aunt booked you in for four hours during the weekdays, and six hours during the weekends. Also, your payments will go to her like you requested." She said. Did I really request something like that? It was probably her!

"It seems really though to balance everything with school. Are you sure it is alright?" A girl asked.

"No, no don't worry about me. I should be able to manage it!" I lied. If they knew...

"If you need a change or help, feel free to ask us." Another girl smiled. I bowed once again and thanked them. They seemed fluttered and chuckled at my actions. The manager handed me a menu card. She told me to go and get and order. 

"This will be your first order. Remember it's a rule to call the male customers 'Master' and the females 'My lady'. Just be calm and don't get tensed. Remain youself!" She said. I nodded and walked to the closest table there. It was two men. They were probably in their early fourties. I walked up to them and bowed.

"Welcome Masters, how can I help you today?" I asked. They said there order, while I wrote it down. I bowed and thanked them and went to get their order. After their order was made, I went to take it to them.

"Here is your orders. Thank you for ordering. Please enjoy your order." I smiled and bowed once again. I was about to walk away to take the next order when one of them stopped me. I turned around.

"Are you new here?" One of them asked. I didn't want to be impolite, so I actually answered.

"Yes, I joined today. I'm a new worker!" I smiled.

"Are you a high school student?" The other man asked. I nodded.

"Which school do you go to?" He asked. 

"St. Mary High school", I answered.

"You seem really smart and innocent." He said, emphasizing the word 'innocent'. "Innocent?" I wondered.

"What makes you think that?" I asked him.

"It's just in your aura. I can see pure innocence in your eyes. I like it." He smiled. I didn't exactly know what he meant.

"Why don't you join us for a bit?" The other man asked. I caught on. I knew where this was going to go.

"I'm really sorry Masters, but I can't track from my work on the first day!" I apologized and bowed. They didn't seem convinced.

"Isn't that part of your job?" He asked. At that moment, one of the older girls walked passed.

"I'm really sorry masters. She is a new worker here. Please let her adjust to the environment!" She said. I took that time to escape into the staff room. The girls joined me afterwards. She explained everything to the manager. The manager came and apologized.

"I'm really sorry for that. Customers like that tend to come here often. They can't force you into anything, and we won't let you either, but please be careful while working since you are still really young. Also on your way home, be careful as lots of bad things happen around here. That's why most of the girls' boyfriends come and pick them up." She explained. "Don't you have one?"

"Nope", I shook my head. She just smiled teasingly. "Just be careful", she smiled. I nodded. For the day I avoided older customers. I still haven't gotten used to everything. After an hour, I got used to the atmosphere. Although customers like 'that' are regular customers here, the older girls handed them cooly. I just stood there and looked at them in amazement.

"I want to order", I heared a voice. I snapped out of it and walked to the table. I saw a younger male there from the back. Probably in his mid teens. I took a deep breath and walked up to the order.

"Welcome Master. How can I help you today?" I asked bowing. I smiled and opened my eyes to see Myungsoo in front of me. He seemed shocked. I was even more shocked to see him here. His mouth was hanging wide open.

"... I recommend the Hot Chocolate with cream", I smiled slightly. He didn't smile back. I just stood there smiling, whereas he didn't really seem impressed.

"A Latte and a hot chocolate." He ordered. Other than that he didn't say anything. Maybe he didn't recognise me. I went and placed the order. I looked his way. He talked to the manager for a while, and she seemed to agree with what he said. I took the order back and placed it on the table.

"Thank you for the order. Have a nice time." I smiled. I was about to clear the scene when he called me.

"Shorty" He shouted. Everyone looked at me. I turned around and walked to him.

"How else can I help you, master?" I asked.

"I've booked you for an hour." He said. My eyes widened.

"You did what?!!" I screamed.

"Don't you know? You can book maids for a certain amount of time. You joined without knowing?" He asked. No wonder those two older guys said that. I dropped onto he seat in front of him.

"It's not like I wanted to join." I mumbled to myself.

"I knew it! That's the shorty I know!" He said. I sighed and explained everything about me joining work because of my aunt. Although I didn't mind the people at the work place, I didn't like the environment sometimes.

"But joining a place like this at your age." He said. I nodded.

"Something serious could happen to you. Especially if you walk around in that!" He laughed slightly. I kicked his foot.

"ert! It's not like I want to wear this!" I pointed out. He took his latte and started drinking it.

"Yah you are not going to drink both are you?" I asked.

"Well, what if I did?" He teased.

"Fine! Drink both!" I said and pouted.

"I'm just kidding." He handed me the hot chocolate. I started drinking it and explained more about my shifts.

"I can work with you if -" He started but I knew what he was going to say.

"Please don't bother with it! I don't want to drag others into it. That's why I didn't tell anyone. Don't tell anyone and please don't come here again. Please keep this a promise!" I requested.

"You will struggle if you remain like that!" He pointed out. I just smiled.

"That's just how I am", I said. "Besides what are you doing in a Maid Cafe?"

"Just visiting. Our coffee shop is closed for a while. I stopped by for a coffee", he said.

"Now that you're done, you can go!" I pointed out.

"Oww.. that hurt", he laughed. I just took the cups and left to the staff room. I spotted the manager, who ran towards me.

"I thought you didn't have a boyfriend!" She said. Another two maids came behind her.

"He is hot! Where did you find him?" One asked.

"Does he have an older brother?" The other one asked.

"Well he isn't my boyfriends. He is just a friend." I said.

"Oh! Don't be a party pooper! Look at him. His eyes are worried at the thought of you!" She said. We all leaned over to see him. He spotted us and gave off a cheeky smile and waved.

"Yes, he seems very worried." I said sarcastically.

"Maybe you should go! Your shift finished!" She said.

"But I still have an hour left!" I pointed out. We looked at the clock.

"Oh well. Just go! He will drop you off." She said and pushed me into the changing rooms. I changed and came out.

"Take care Hyunsoo. See you tomorrow!" She said. I waved at her and the other workers and left. Myungsoo was still waiting and spotted me. We walked out of the shop together.

"Can we go to the park?" He asked. I nodded and we both went to the park together. The park was empty. Myungsoo went and sat down on one of the swings. I joined him on the swing next to him.

"I didn't want you to talk about everything there with people around us. I know you felt uncomfortable." He said. "I told you that you could tell me anything. I would always lend you my shoulder."

"I don't know what I'm meant to say..." I struggled to express myself.

"I know things have been harsh on you." He said.

"Why is it always me?" I asked. "First my grandmother passes away, then my aunt and now I find out that my parents are going to seperate! In the morning, right before school I phoned my mother. She sounded upset, but I knew there was something other than my granny's death. She told me that for a long time, she had been having fights with father. Mainly because of his brothers and sisters who are tying to take him away from us. Father started argueing with mother. I didn't tell anyone about this. I probably wasn't about to tell anyone, and I was probably going to cry all by myself today in my room. I was never an open person when it comes to this. Maybe it's just me. Sometimes thinking about the things my aunt says to me, it hurts me so much deep inside. Knowing there is no one to comfort me when I'm feeling like that."

Tears started dropping one by one. I couldn't control my tears. They were streaming down like they never did before. Maybe it was because I was by myself. I didn't mind Myungsoo listening to me. It was the first time I've ever opened up to someone, and I didn't mind at all. My eyes became blurry due to the tears. They kept flowing down non stop. All I could do is wipe them. It was the first time I've ever bursted out like this. "Why is it always me?" I kept asking, not expecting anyone to reply. No one ever answered that question before, hence I didn't need an answer. I closed my eyes and started rubbing them.While my eyes were closed, I felt a warm embrace. I was slightly started by it, and I certainly didn't expect it either. I opened my eyes. It was Myungsoo.

"Don't move! Continue to cry. Don't keep it inside anymore." He said. His words triggered more of my tears to flow down. This time, they were heavier and I started crying more and more. I cried like I never did before. My cry became louder and louder. It was a cry for help. For comfort. For someone to be with me. I never knew that tears could hold so many emotions. I never knew that my cries were for someone to help me. For someone to hold onto my hand, and never let go.

"Don't stop! You will always have me. Don't ever dare to forget that", I heard a sweet whisper in my ear. Just like he told me to, I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. After a while, Myungsoo released me and I continued to wipe my tears away. He told me that he'd drop me home although I convince him not to. This time he came to the door step with me. His face looked serious, so I didn't ask him about it. He rang the bell himself and my aunt opened the door.

"You are late", she screamed but stopped when she saw Myungsoo. She took a moment to take a glance of him.

"I'd be going then Hyunsoo", he smiled. It gave me a strange feeling. He doesn't call me by my first name often. He would usually call me 'shorty', 'idiot', 'stupid' and I could continue the list. I nodded and walked in. Before going he said something. I turned around to face him.

"Please take care of her", He smiled at my aunt. His voice had a warning tone to it. My aunt seemed slightly startled by it. He smiled innocently and left. My aunt shut the door. I headed towards my room and was stopped by my aunt.

"Yah stop! Who does he think he is to talk to me in that tone?" She asked. I turned around and gave her a cold expression. I shrugged my shoulders. Again she seemed startled by my attitude too. I continued to walk to my room and shut it and locked it.

"I'm sorry but Lee Hyunsoo has changed! Kim Myungsoo made her change!" I mumbed to myself as I locked the door.