Hoobae

A Wall In between

 

It was monday and I went school. Miss Choi made an announcement during homeroom.
 
"Today you will meet your year 9 juniors. It's finally the year where you have to take one of them under your wing. I will count on ever single one of you so you better not dissappoint me." she said. We all agreed. Like she said, a group of year 9 students walked in and stood against the wall. Come to think of it, Monsoon is in year 9 right? Just like I thought Monsoon was one of the people to walk in and give everyone a big smile. I turned to Myungsoo to see his uninterested expression. Was Myungsoo a miscarriage? He never smiles a bit. I heared a lot of squeels from girls who saw Myungsoo. I wonder if they are blind. I mean I'm blind and I know what's good and bad, but they don't seem to know. Besides Monsoon seemed really popular too.
 
"Kyaa, that's Monsoon Oppa's brother", a girl squeeled. There we go again.
 
"You are right! He is so cool", another girl added.
 
"I hope I get paired with him! He is so handsome and I bet he must be really clever. After all he is Monsoon's brother", another one said. They all sighed.
 
"I'm will be so jealous of that person", one sighed. Monsoon waved at me and I waved back.
 
"Hey isn't that girl the one who got the letter from Jung Hee oppa", one pointed out. Jung Hee? Who is that. 
 
"They are talking about you", Myungsoo pointed out.
 
"Who is Jung Hee?" I asked.
 
"I don't know. Besides you should know", he said. I thought about it. Jung Hee. Jung Hee. Sounds familiar. 
 
"I think they mean Lee Jung Hee. The one who tried kidnap you but I the great Myungsoo came to your rescue" he whispered while boasting.
 
"Oh yeah that was his name" I replied ignoring the fact that he just boasted about himself.
 
"Do you think she rejected Jung Hee oppa?" one of them asked.
 
"So lucky. I wish someone like him would ask me out. She got such a great guy confessing and yet she rejects him", one complained. They didn't seem to know the full story. If I have had time, I would have told them. But I'm too lazy.
 
"Alright class. I will call out your year 11 senior for this year. Please go and stand next to them." Miss Choi said. She called names out one by one and the line near the wall got shorter and shorter. My friends got their juniors one by one.
 
"Kim Sooyeon", Miss Choi called, "You will go with Kim Myungsoo. Myungsoo please put your hand up." Myungsoo put his hand up and the boy slowly walked towards him while avoiding any eye contact. He bowed politely and sat on a chair next to him. He seemed really nice. Monsoon was put together with Minhwa. Those two seemed fairly happy. 
 
"Kim Yoomi? You will go with Lee Hyunsoo. Hyunsoo please put your hand up." I put my hand up like I was asked to. A little girl a bit shorter than me with shoulder length, brown hair walked towards me and sat next to me.
 
"Hi I'm Hyunsoo. Let's do our best together", I smiled. She looked at me with a blank expression and turned away. Was I blanked? Maybe she was just a little shy. Miss Choi finished distributing the juniors and we finally got time to get to know eachother better. Monsoon and Minhwa seemed to have a better time since they already knew eachother. Mi Jin and Jae Hwa already got the hang of it too judging by the way they were talking. Hoo Sook and Sun Hi were also talking quite a lot while Hyun Jae and Young Mi took a calmer approach. Myungsoo's junior seemed to have a hard time. Hee seems like I sweet boy. I look at Yoomi.
 
"So wanna introduce yourself Yoomi?" I asked.
 
"You already know my name. That's all you need to know", she said.
 
"Okay then let me say something about myself instead", I smiled.
 
"No need. You are Lee Hyunsoo. Class president of 11A. That's all I need to know", she interupted.
 
"Maybe we should talk about our hobbies and stuff. Just to get to know eachother better" I suggested.
 
"Yaah Sooyeon. Can we swap partners?" she asked. What? This little brat.
 
"I don't mind. I actually wanted to be paired with Hyunsoo noona in the first place", he said quietly.
 
"You are mad to be wanting to be paired up with her." she laughed. Myungsoo chuckled.
 
"What are you chuckling about?" I asked Myungsoo.
 
"Nothing!" he continued to chuckle. Yoomi called Miss Choi over and asked if we could swap partners.
 
"I'm afraid we can't do that. We want the best achievers together and also the two class presidents together." she said.
 
"I still can't believe she is class president. Someone as unreliable as her", Yoomi said. Ouch that hurt.
 
"You can have a four way partnership if you like but swapping partners is impossible", she said. We all nodded and Yoomi dragged her chair next to Myungsoo. I went and sat down next to Sooyeon. He greeted me with a smile.
 
"Good morning Noona, I'm Kim Sooyeon. Please take care of me", he smiled. 
 
"No need to be so formal Sooyeon ah.", I replied. He was just too cute. Yoomi was conversing with Myungsoo who didn't seem interested as usual.
 
"Yaah shorty! What time are you going home?" he asked. Yoomi stopped talking and snared at me.
 
"Normal time. But I've got to go and visit that place for the trip tomorrow so I need to go and talk to the head teacher." I replied.
 
"Are you going by yourself?" he asked.
 
"Yep. I have to do these things as a class president", I said.
 
"Noona you are so responsible", Sooyeon awed.
 
"Wait until you get closer to her", Myungsoo laughed. I kicked his foot.
 
"Is it really far?" Myungsoo asked.
 
"It's around 2 hours away. It's via train so I can manage." I said.
 
"I'm coming then", he said.
 
"What are you? My secretary?" I asked.
 
"No but I can't let you go by yourself incase someone kidnaps you." he said. I couldn't really argue back to that.
 
"Besides I'm the top student in class. I sleep in class so there is no point in me being here. I should just apply for a position to be your personal secretary", he laughed.
 
"You already invade my personal space a little too much so I'm fine without you being my secretary", I said.
 
"I'm still going to come no matter what you say!" he said.
 
"Fine", I shouted.
 
"Victory is mine", he cheered. Such a child!
 
"Myungsoo hyung you are being too loud", Sooyeon said quietly.
 
"Shut up. He can be as loud as he wants to. Besides Miss Pres is the loudest", Yoomi argued.
 
"I'm sorry for you inconvinience", I said in a sarcastic manner.
 
"You should be sorry. Besides you are making oppa act like a child", she moaned. What is with her? 
 
"Noona can't make hyung be loud. It's hyung's fault!" Sooyeon argued back.
 
"Don't blame oppa for her acts", Yoomi shouted back.
 
"Hey you two stop fighting", I interupted them.
 
"Alright", Sooyeon agreed.
 
"Tsk. Who wants to listen to you?" Yoomi asked.
 
"Yaah respect your elders! She's your sunbae show some respect!" Myungsoo said which shut her up. They sat there glaring at eachother.
 
"What do you want to do with them?" I whispered to Myungsoo.
 
"Don't they remind you of someone?" he asked. I looked at them.
 
"No why?" I said.
 
"They seem familiar. Just don't know who they seem like", he said.
 
"Maybe it's just your imagination!" I said.
 
"Maybe", he replied.
 
"So what are we supposed to do now?" Yoomi moaned.
 
"Don't you guys have any homework you want help with?" I asked.
 
"I have one", Sooyeon said.
 
"Really? I can help you. Feel free to ask", Myungsoo offered. Sooyeon went through his bag and got a notebook.
 
"Maths huh?" Myungsoo asked before getting cut off.
 
"Hyunsoo noona there is a question I don't understand. It's to do with advanced trigonometry", he said pointing his note towards me. I looked at Myungsoo who was frozen and chuckled.
 
"Noona?" he called.
 
"Sure I can help. It might be a bit complicated for your age as it's normally year 10/11 standard but if you understand the basics you will find this easy." I said to which he nodded.
 
"Yaah you are my junior. Don't go asking other people when you've got me", Myungsoo shouted.
 
"He probably doesn't like you", I said bluntly.
 
"I don't mind getting help from you oppa", Yoomi said.
 
"Okay I don't mind", he said looking at me. However I didn't really care either way.
 
"I can explain you both the cosine and sine rule however at your standard the proof isn't needed. Also you will be given the equations in the exam. Just learn how to apply them", I explained. 
 
"Noona you make everything sound so simple", he awed. I heared Myungsoo imitate him.
 
"Because it is simple. I'll give you two questions which involve direct application. If you understand those I'll give you a few more logical questions. They should be pretty easy. I'm sure you are a smart boy to be paired with Myungsoo", I smiled.
 
"You're just complimenting me. Actually I'm not that smart", he said.
 
"We'll decide after doing the questions." I said to which he agreed.
 
"Tsk." I heard Myungsoo mutter which made me giggle. He started to explain something to Yoomi who clearly knew what he was explaining already. I watched Sooyeon doing the questions which he understood.
 
"Impressive." I said. He smiled.
 
"I always wanted an older sister. I'm the only child", he said.
 
"Me too. High five. I always wanted someone older to take care of me." I laughed. "You see my parents aren't at home most of the time so I have to do house chores, school work, revision and president stuff."
 
"Sounds tough", he said. I nodded.
 
"Well I'm glad I've got someone to rely on now as an older sister", he said. 
 
"Well I don't mind a cute younger brother", I laughed.