[Birthday Special] Hyunsoo's Birthday

A Wall In between

We both drew. Both of us chose scissors. We tried again.

"Rock, Paper, Scissors." We said insync. We drew yet again.

"Rock, paper, Scissors." We said insync again. This was getting pointless as we drew again.

"Quit copying me!" Myungsoo shouted.

"As if! Who wants to do that?" I asked.

"You obviously. You're doing it right now!" He shouted.

"How about we do this. We play once more. The one who loses, is the final loser!" I suggested to which he agreed. We tried once more.

"Rock, paper, scissors." We both said. This time we got a different result.

"I won!" Myungsoo stuck his tongue out at me.

"Wait. You cheated. There is no way I could loose to you!" I denied.

"You just did. Admit it." He said.

"I'll win next time!" I said.

"You lost though! Remember, it was your own suggestion stupid!" He laughed.

"Okay, I lost. Happy?" I asked.

"Yes, very. Not face me. You deserve three flicks!" He said.

"I warn you, if you do it too hard, I'll kill you!" I said.

"Uhhh, scary!" He laughed. I turned to face him.

"Seriously, if you flick too hard, I'll kill you!" I warned again.

"Just hold still already. You deserve this for not knowing your place." He said. He moved his hand really close to my forehead.

"Don't move. You don't want me to flick you in the eye." He said.

"Who knows, you might do that purposely!" I said. He flicked once. I held my forehead in pain.

"That hurt, idiot!" I shouted at him.

"That was number one, now turn around so I can flick you twice more!" He said. I turned around once more and closed my eyes waiting for him to flick me again. He did it again and I fliched a little.

"Okay last one. Hold still and it won't be painful!" He said. I held still and flinched when he flicked me once more.

"I can't wait for dinner, I'll make sure to dig in!" He smiled. I took out my wallet.

"Wallet, I pity you!" I sighed.

"What's with the face, it's good sportsmanship!" He laughed. As we laughed, the train arrived at a station and stopped. We still had a pretty long way to go. There was an announcement.

'Ladies and Gentlemen, due to problems on the railways, this is as far as this train will go. We're really sorry for any inconvinieces.' 

"What is that all about?" Myungsoo asked.

"They might be doing some works here. So this train is probably going to go back." I said.

"That's a shame, I was looking forward to dinner." He said. I took my wallet out again.

"You're really lucky today!" I said and put my wallet back into my bag.

"We can always come back another day." He said. I agreed. We remained in the train and went back. I changed in the toilets back into what I was wearing before. Myungsoo dropped me off home and he went home too. I didn't bother with dinner as I wasn't hungry and went straight to sleep.

 

---

A few days past since then. I was still disappointed that we couldn't go to the beach. I woke up and looked at my phone. I have a lot of messages. Most of them said 'Happy Birthday'. I looked at the calender on my phone. June the 28th it said. I guess it is my birthday. Can't believe I actually forgot. I got ready for school and left. It was raining so I took my umbrella with me. Before going school, I went to a gift shop. It was Hoo Sooks birthday too. I can't believe that she is exactly one year younger than me. I bought her a gift and left to school. As I entered the classroom, there was a tense atmosphere.

"Hey, it's the ex-class prez!" Jae Hwa greeted.

"Nice greeting!" I pointed out. Wait what did she mean by 'ex-class prez'?

"You must be confused. You're not the class-prez anymore." Mi Jin added.

"Really? I'm sure that the class prez will  be decided at the beginning of every year." I thought. I noticed a few boys at the back giggling. So their are planning to prank me. I decided to play along.

"Hmm. Nothing can be done about it. Who is the new Class pres?" I asked. The pair of them were a little shocked from my sudden question. I tried not to laugh.

"Oh, it's Myungsoo. Apparently his grades were really good so the teachers appointed him as the new Class Prez for the rest of the year. There are only a few weeks left." Hyun Jae joined in teasing me. 

"That's great. The pressure is finally lifted off my shoulders!" I said while stretching a little. I passed Hoo Sooks present to her.

"Thanks Unnie. I still have to get you something. I couldn't go anywhere in this rain." She apologised.

"Don't worry, you don't need to give me anything!" I said. Just at that moment, Myungsoo walked in. I walked up to him.

"Yah, stupid!" I shouted at him.

"Yah, I'm you're superior so respect me a little!" He shouted back.

"You were meant to be here earlier. Did you go to the student council and hand in the reports from this week? It's always handed in every Fridays and today is friday!" I shouted.

"Wait didn't you do it?" He asked.

"Well, I normally do it on Fridays." I replied.

"Geez." He sighed.

"Plus you have to go to a meeting about the Summer fest today after school!" I said. "You have to decide on what to do. Apparently our class is doing the main act!"

"Huh?" He asked.

"Also, I will email you the information for the graduation trip including all the phone numbers. You have to sort that out by next week!" I added. His face looked dumbfounded.

"By the way, there is a meeting about that during lunch today!" I said. He nodded slightly and went to sit down. I chuckled. This is too funny.

"Ah. Feels good to have all the weight off my shoulders!" I sighed and said out loud so everyone could hear me. They were all shocked as they expected me to be a little more confused. I went and sat down too and as our teacher came, we all started lessons.

----

It was lunch already and I was waiting for someone to react. Myungsoo decided to go to the meeting and play along. I just sat there talking to everyone. After I ate lunch, I decided to stand up.

"Where are you going?" Young Mi asked.

"Oh, I still have something to do. Don't mind me!" I said and left. I left for the canteen and stood in the line. I bought a sandwich and a bottle of water. I headed for the meeting room and knocked on the door. The room was filled with silence and awkwardness.

"Excuse me, I came here to deliver lunch to Myungsoo." I said. I entered the room and placed the food in front of him.

"Long time no see guys." I smiled. "How is the meeting getting along?" The other class presidents looked at me.

"Hyunsoo?" Kyunsoo said. I waved.

"Looks like you're doing well Kyunsoo!" I smiled.

"You're doing well too Joon Hae. I hope preperations are coming along well!" I smiled.

"Please, you interupted our meeting." Donghae said. Seems like the Class president of 11C still has a sharp tongue. I wonder how they got him to play along.

"Well, I just came to deliver lunch. I'll be going then!" I said. "Don't be late for class Myungsoo!" He nodded and stared at me until I left the room. I guess everyone loves to play along. Maybe I was a little harsh on him telling him to do so many things by today. Then again, I have to do that too. Maybe I should tell them that I know about the prank already. Or maybe it's better this way. I smiled to myself and left to go back to the class room. There, I met everyone who were waiting for me.

"Hey, are you free tomorrow?" Mi Jin asked. I  sat down and thought. I have work tomorrow. Maybe I should tell them.

"I want to go out with all of you guys. It will be fun!" Hoo Sook said. I smiled. I can't say no to her can I now? 

"Everyone, gather up I need to tell you something!" I announced. I think it would be better if they all knew.

"What is it?" Sun Hi asked.

"Gather up. You guys have to keep it confidencial!" I said. They all nodded insync. I decided to tell them about me having to work and about my aunt.

"She is a B****" Jae Hwa shouted.

"Shh. Not so loud." I shushed her.

"Are you really okay like that?" Mi Jin asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean, you have all of us. Why not stay at our house?" She asked.

"Well, you see as she is a family member, I have to stay there. You know out of respect!" I explained. They all nodded.

"So you said you're manager is nice right?" Young Mi asked.

"Yes. I can't believe she is actually friends with my aunt." I said.

"How about we all work with you?" Sun Hi asked.

"It sounds good!" Hoo Sook said.

"Well, it's not really the best place to work. I guess you can ask!" I said.

"But they won't accept all of us." Hyun Jae pointed out. They all thought for a while.

"Why don't we all just volunteer?" Hyun Jae suggested. 

"Are you sure about that? I mean you guys won't get paid." I pointed out.

"Well, you're the only one who needs to get paid. Besides we don't have anything better to do." She said. Everyone agreed.

"We can come with you today." Young Mi smiled.

"Sure, since Myungsoo handles all the Class president work, I can go home early today." I smiled. They all looked at eachother with guilty looks.

"Whatcha all doing?" A voice asked. We all turned around. It was Minhwa.

"Minhwa?"

"Yes, that's me! I'm still in your class remember!" He pointed out.

"Oh yeah, I forgot!" I teased.

"Hey, that's mean!" I hit me on the shoulder.

"Are you taking us out tomorrow?" He asked. I sighed. Guess I have to tell him too. I told him about my job and my aunt.

"I still can't believe that you hid that from me. We knew eachother since childhood!" He shouted.

"I'm really sorry!" I said.

"I told you everything remember?" He said. I thought back.

 

*Flashback*

I remember back then, there was a day where I allowed Minhwa to cry his heart out. When we were little, I always shouted at him for crying. He stopped crying when he grew up. He became tougher and happier. I remember that day like it was yesterday. We were in elementary school and it was raining quite heavily. After school finished, Minhwa would always wait at the gates for his mother to come and pick him up. Although he was quite the crybaby, whenever he saw his mother he would smile. He loved his mother dearly. She was very beautiful from what I remember. Just like a painting. This was ten years ago.

I put on my raincoat and rain boots and picked up my umbrella. After I was done, I helped Minhwa tie his shoes. He was really cute back then. He didn't even know how to tie his own shoes. I used to tie it for him. As usual, we would leave the class together and head for the gate. We opened our umbrellas and walked to the gates. My mother was already there and I left after saying bye. I arrived home and realised that I forgot my notebook on my desk.

"Mummy, I forgot my book at school!" I said.

"Don't worry dear, just get it tomorrow." She said.

"But I need to do my homework on it!" I said.

"Fine I'll get ready." She said.

"Mummy I can go alone. I'm a big girl!" I said. My mum thought for a moment and smiled. She trusted me at a young age.

"Fine but be very careful!" She said. I nodded and left the house. It was quite close for me to walk to the elementary school. In the distance, I saw someone with a raincoat and an umbrella at the gates. He seemed to be waiting. As I got closer, I realised it was Minhwa.

"Minhwa?" I called. He looked towards me. I walked towards him to see him alone, in front of the empty school.

"Why are you still here?" I asked.

"Mummy told me to wait here everyday after school. She told me not to move even if she is late." He answered. I looked at the time and nearly 40 minutes have past. I believed that his mother wouldn't be this late.

"Why don't you go home Minhwa?" I asked.

"Mummy told me to stay here!" He said.

"How about we wait together inside?" I asked. He nodded. We went inside and waited near the entrance under a shelter. I told him to wait there and phone my mother in the reception. She said it was alright to wait. However 1 hour past and ever 2. His mother didn't show up.

"You two are still here?" Mrs Park asked. She was our old teacher.

"Miss, my mummy is still not here." Minhwa answered. She looked at the time and gave him a worried expression.

"Wait here." She said and headed to the reception. Minhwa became scared.

"Hyunsoo?" He asked.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm scared. What if Mummy forgot." He asked.

"Don't worry, she won't forget about you." I tried to give him courage. After a long wait and standing he went and sat down. I sat down besides him.

"What if something happened to Mummy?" He asked. I held his hand.

"Don't worry Minhwa. My mummy told me that there are always Angels protecting good people." I tried to give him courage. We sat there on the bench holding hands waiting for our teacher to return. After 10 minutes she returned.

"Minhwa, I want you to go to Hyunsoo's house, okay?" She asked.

"What about Mummy?" He asked.

"She is a bit unwell. She had an accident and is in the hospital. She wants you to go to Hyunsoo's house." She said. She left us there and walked off. I told Minhwa to go and get my book and ran after Mrs. Park.

"Mrs. Park." I called. She turned around.

"You're getting wet. You'll catch a cold, dear." She said.

"Is Minhwa's mum really okay?" I asked. She stared at me.

"Yes." She lied.

"Miss, I don't like liars. My Mummy told me that I shouldn't talk to liars because they are bad people."I said. She smiled a little and bent down.

"Seems like you're Mummy is a wise woman." She smiled. I remained quiet.

"Seems like you'll grow up to be a wonderful girl." She smiled. "Minhwa's mother passed away a few minutes ago. She lost a lot of blood." 

"Are you going to tell Minhwa?" I asked.

"Life is hard Hyunsoo. Not everyone gets what they want. Might it be an infant or an elderly." She said. "It will be hard for him to absorb it."

"Please Miss, don't lie to him. It will make it much harder for him!" I said. She smiled and patted my head.

"Alright. I give in." She smiled. When Minhwa returned she told him. He went really quiet. We walked home in the rain getting wet as none of us were holding an umbrella.

"Hyunsoo, can I hold you hand?" He asked. He was crying. I couldn't tell well because of the rain but I definitely knew he was. I held his hand.

"Hyunsoo, will you be mad at me if I cry." He asked. 

"No Minhwa. I won't." Those were the only words I could tell him. 

 

*End of Flashback*

Thinking about made me shed a tear. To think that Minhwa was so strong back then. I looked up to see everyone giving me worried expressions.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to tell you next time!" I smiled. Minhwa smiled back.

"You better!" He complained. To think how much he has grown up. It makes me proud of him. The cry baby is now the Captian of the Football team.

"What are you thinking about?" Sun Hi asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking about the time when Minhwa thought there were ghosts in my attic and refused to come and play for two months." I laughed. The girls all started laughing and Minhwa went red.

"That wasn't necessary! You promised not to tell anyone!" He shouted.

"I don't remember making a promise like that!" I laughed.

 

-----

Lunch finished and Myungsoo returned. He looked exhausted. After a while we started lessons again. After two hours, Myungsoo remained in class to complete the Class President report and go to the meeting afterwards. I felt sorry for him. I walked with the girls. We all decided to watch Minhwa practice. It's been a while since we've been together like this. I was glad that things have finally calmed down. I smiled while watching Minhwa practice and order people around. I looked at the time and realised that an hour past.

"Guys, I have something to do." I said and headed for the lockers. I stretched a little and took out my folders. I walked up to my classroom and saw that Myungsoo was still working. I entered the room without making any noise and sneaked up to him. He was too into his work that he didn't notice me. I cleared my troat. He turned around.

"Class President Lee Hyunsoo, at your service." I saluted and smiled while handing him the folders with all the completed work. 

"Wait, how?" He asked.

"I know it was all an act so I wanted to see if you really were going to do everything. I prepared everything over the past couple of months and it's all ready." I said.

"What about the summer fest?" He asked.

"We're doing a play." I smiled.

"Wait." He seemed really confused.

"Dummy. I'm the class President. You shouldn't underestimate me. Ms Choi fought over doing the highlight of the show. We are doing it. I planned to do a play and all the girls are okay with it." I said. He let out a big sigh.

I ended up giving in all the files to the head teacher and we both left for the fields. Minhwa went out to buy the team a few drink along with the Jae Hwa and Mi Jin. I told everyone that I knew about their little plan. They were a little disappointed.

"Hyunsoo! Hoo Sook!" Mi Jin called. We all turned back and looked at them. Minhwa was holding a cake with candles. Monsoon was there too.

"Happy birthday!" He shouted. I gave him a thumbs up. We all stood up and they came towards us. Everyone started singing happy birthday.

"Does anyone have a lighter?" Young Mi asked.

"I can't believe you forgot a lighter!" I laughed. The candles weren't lit.

"Jaejong, don't you have one?" Mi Jin asked which made everyone laugh. The football team was there too.

"Who do you think I am?" He shouted back making everyone laugh again.

"Just pretend it's lit!" Jae hwa said. We went along with it. I pulled Hoo Sook closer towards the cake.

"You can blow it out first!" She said.

"Let's blow it out together!" I smiled. She agreed. We blew it out.

"You missed a few!" Jae Hwa joked. We all laughed.

"Guys, can we put this down already? It's heavy!" Minhwa asked. 

"Sure, you made a fine table." I smiled at Minhwa. I took some cream.

"Here is your reward." I said and fed him some cake before putting some on his face. I started feeding everyone including the whole football team. The others were busy cutting a few pieces of cake. 

"Hyunsoo?" A voice called. I turned around and got two piece of cake on me. I managed to block of one but the other one managed to go on my face.

"Aw. I missed." Jae Hwa moaned.

"Missed?" I showed my sleeve which was full of cake. The other person was Myungsoo. He managed to get me in the face.

"We were all going to do it but we decided that us two should be the ones doing it." He explained.

"You were all going to cake me?" I asked. They nodded. We headed back and I got a few laughs. After wiping the cake off I decided to hand the cake out. Everyone sat down eating it. I sat next to Myungsoo.

"Do you want more cake?" I asked. He nodded. I got up and cut him some cake. I went to him and handed it. He reached out for it but then, I put it on his face. Then I got a strawberry and but it on his head.

"Okay, let's take a Selca together." I smiled. He frowned in the picture but it looked cute.

After eating cake, we all gathered up in a circle.

"I got an announcement. We are going to do a play for the Summer Fest. We are doing Cinderella as decided by the Ms. Choi. Also we will decide on the character next monday. I will be the director!" I announced. With that said, we all enjoyed ourselves. We left the school grounds afterwards and headed towards the Cafe. I introduced them to my Manager and she agreed to let us work together.

 


A/N ; I'm FINALLY back. I hope you liked this long chapter. Please forgive me for not updating for so long. Also I have another story. But I will let Myungsoo and Hyunsoo explain it.

Hyunsoo : Guess what Myungsoo, our Author-nim has another story!

Myungsoo : I heard about that too. I think she watches too many animes. She called it 'You make my heart go doki doki'.

Hyunsoo : I think it's a cute title. Besides you're no different.

Myungsoo : Proves you're both weird!

Hyunsoo : Shut it! -__-

Myungsoo : I read the first chapter.

Hyunsoo : Really? How is it?

Myungsoo : I really like my character. I'm smart, sporty and cool. Plus I'm the student council president!

Hyunsoo : Whaaat? What was she thinking. What about me?

Myungsoo : You're just some sobby girl who has a crush on me! You are actually head over heels for me!

Hyunsoo :     -______-.  I heard there is another new character. Who is it?

Myungsoo : Yep. Daehyun from BAP. Apparently I don't get along with him.

Hyunsoo : I prefer him over you. I wouldn't be surprised if author nim makes him the main lead instead of you.

Myungsoo : Why you little....

Hyunsoo : Anyways, please support her by checking it out here !! Click the link

You make my heart go doki doki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo : Why are you still scrolling down. Click on the damn link before I have a anger attack on you