Class Trip Pt. 2

A Wall In between

“Lee Hyunsoo? So it is you after all.”

 

The class looked at him in confusion. Of course, only Myungsoo and I knew him.

 

“Jaehyun? What are you doing here?”

 

That’s right. Kim Jaehyun, the grandson of the owner of the hostel. The same guy who toured us around when we visited the place.

 

“I was kinda forced to help out since I don’t have school anymore.”

The rest of the class behind me was still in confusion. So I decided to introduce them to him.

 

“By the way, this is Kim Jaehyun. He is the grandson of the owner of this hostel. When I came to check the place out, the owner was out so Jaehyun showed us around the hostel instead.”

 

The class took turns to introduce themselves to Jaehyun starting with Ms. Choi. Eventually Jaehyun got to Myungsoo who he had met before with me.

 

“I remember you. You are the sociology student right?” Everyone was dumbfounded by Jaehyuns statement and looked at Myungsoo waiting for his reply.

 

“That’s right. I’m Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“Nice to meet you Myungsoo. I hope to get along with you.” Jaehyun gave him a smile.

 

“Yeah. Me too.”

 

Jaehyun then moved on to the rest of the members of the class.

 

“Hey Hyunsoo. Didn’t you feel some tension between Myungsoo and the guy?” Mijin asked me. I looked at Myungsoos expression and remembered he wasn’t really in a good mood when we came back from the visit the first time.

 

“I think it’s because I bugged him to do his uniform that day and confiscated his earring and Jaehyuns uniform was in the same state as his that day.”

 

“Why would he be mad about that?”

 

“Don’t ask me. That’s the only reason I could think of.”


 

After Jaehyun went around he came back to the front.

 

“Well, since you are new to the area, I was told to show you around the area before letting you out.”

 

“Sounds like a plan.” Ms. Choi agreed.

 

With that we took off. Jaehyun first showed us around the hostel once again since only Myungsoo and I have seen it before. He then took us outside and took us along the beach. There was even an campfire site near the hostel on the beach. The beach was quite big and the area near the hostel is usually reserved for guests only while the other areas can be used by anyone. As you walk past that area, there is a forest which according to him is a popular place for hiking or even just taking walks. There is even a camping area inside. Walking past that, we came to a stop.

 

“That area over there is off limits.” he said. We all looked up. It was a cliff.

 

“It’s just a cliff.” Sehun commented.

 

“Yes it is. But quite a few travellers have fallen off that cliff so it’s advised to stay away from there.”

 

“It’s only advised to stay away from the area. That doesn’t mean it’s off limits!” Jongin added. I looked at him, indirectly telling him to stop and Minhwa who was next to him also gave him a nudge telling him to stop.

 

“Well, off limits is usually what I call this place. It’s quite an unlucky place.”

 

The class went quiet. The cliff itself didn’t look that dangerous but accidents can come unexpectedly. It looked like a long way down too.

 

“Well, enough of that. I think everyone wants to go into the water already. Let’s go back and we can get everything you want before going out to the beach.” Jaehyun broke the silent thoughts.

 

After taking a couple of moments to look at the cliff again we all decided to head back to the hostel. Everyone was anticipating this beach trip since it was announced and it was best to enjoy it while we can since it’s a once in a life time opportunity.

 

I looked to the back where I saw Sehun and Jongin walking. I trusted Minhwa to control his friends but sometimes even he couldn’t control them. I excused myself from my friends and slowed down so ‘Minhwas crew’ as I like to call them can catch up to me.

 

“What’s up Hyunsoo? It feels like you waited for us.” Minhwa asked.

 

“Don’t do anything reckless you guys!”

 

“Like what?” Jaejong asked.

 

“You know exactly what I mean. I saw the eager looks on some of your faces back there near the cliff. No ones going near the cliff. Understand?”

 

“Yes ma’am!” they all answered insync.

 

Although I told them not to do anything stupid, I was still a bit worried.

 

“Hey, cheer up. This is your holiday too. Relax, relax!” Minhwa said.

 

“Fine.”

 

“That’s a good girl!” he smiled. “Now try to smile!”

 

I sighed.

 

“What’s with the long sigh?”

 

“You see, once upon a time I was the one who used to say the exact same things to you. The tables have turned haven’t they?”

 

“They sure have.” Both of us felt a little nostalgic looking back.

 

“To think that the Captain of the football team used to be a cry baby who was scared of the dark and held my hand on the way back from school when we were little, man times do change a lot. I even used to tie your laces remember? I taught you how to tie your laces so many times but you always failed!”

 

“Captain did all that?” Jongin started laughing.

 

“To think that he bosses us around now.” Junhong joined in.

 

“I do remember seeing her tie your laces when we were in year 1 but to think that you went home while holding hands. Captain really is amazing!” Jaejong joined in.

 

“Geez. Was that really necessary Hyunsoo?”

 

“Honestly speaking, yes it was!” I gave him a cheeky smile and stuck out my tongue at him. “Besides, where is Myungsoo. He hasn’t spoken much today.”

 

“He’s walking behind us. He told us to walk ahead.”

 

I looked back to see Myungsoo walking all by himself.

 

“Well, I’ll catch up to you guys with him!” I said and waited for Myungsoo.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“That’s no way to treat a friend!” I replied. He was acting really strangely. “Aren’t you feeling well?”

 

He didn’t answer and stayed quiet.

 

“Come on. Tell me!”

 

“I feel a little sick after the journey.”

 

“You could have told me earlier instead of walking here all by yourself.” He remained quiet. “Well, I’ll walk back with you. Just tell me of you need to vomit or anything.”

 

The walk remained rather quiet. Myungsoo was always the type to talk and tease me. He must have really felt unwell to have done neither of those things for a whole day.

 

“Say, what’s with the tension between you and Jaehyun?” I tried to initiate a conversation.

 

“I don’t know what you mean.”

 

“I wasn’t the only one who felt it. Others did too!”

 

“Really? Who exactly?”

 

“Sorry. I’ll keep that confidential.” He didn’t answer me for a while. “Look, if you are angry that I made you sort out your uniform and take out your earring when visiting here and look like a total nerd, I’m sorry. Don’t take it out on others!”

 

“It’s not that. He doesn’t look like a good guy. He seems like a troublemaker.”

 

“And how can you tell?”

 

“Just call it a guys sixth sense. We can sense whether other guys are good or bad.”

 

“I’ve never heard of anything this ridiculous.”

 

“You think everything I say is ridiculous!”

 

“Well, that is kinda true.” he just stared at me, astonished that I openly agreed to his statement. “If it would put you at ease, I’ll observe him more carefully and try to be careful around him. He is only showing us around today and for the rest of the week he will be doing his own thing. Then we won’t see him again. Does that make you feel better?”

 

He nodded.  

 

“Shall we catch up with the rest? Minhwa was pretty worried about you.”

 

He nodded once again. We caught up with the rest of the group and walked back to the hostel. Once again, we sat near the reception area where they had sofas around.

 

“How about we make plans before actually heading out?” Ms. Choi suggested.

 

“How about we just play around today at the beach. It’s what we’ve all been waiting for anyways, to take a dip in the sea. Also, it’s already midday.” I suggested.

 

“Does anyone have any objections?”

 

“No.” the class replied. Everyone was more than happy to spend a day at the beach relaxing and swimming.

 

“Shall we plan things for the rest of the days then?” Ms. Choi asked.

 

“The class could try snorkelling and surfing tomorrow. You just have to let me know so we can get the gear ready.” Jaehyun suggested.

 

“I would like to try surfing!” Jongup said.

 

“Yeah, and snorkelling sounds nice too. I’ve wanted to do if for quite some time.” Yuna added.

 

“So we shall do that tomorrow. How about ending the day with a campfire?” Ms. Choi asked the class. Everyone agreed.

 

“On the third day we can go walking in the forest. We can have a picnic!” Jimin suggested.

 

“That’s a good idea.”

 

“You can finish the third day with a BBQ. Guests usually have BBQ’s here on the last day. We’ll happily be willing to provide the space at the back.” Jaehyun added.

 

“On the last day we can’t do much since we have to pack to go home. We can always spend a couple of hours at the beach again.” Ms. Choi said.

 

With that, the plans for the trip was settled.

 

“Shall we all get our things and come back?” I asked.

 

With that we all went to our rooms and changed into our ‘beach wear’. To be perfectly honest, most of us were actually to awkward and embarrassed to bring proper swim suits so most of us girls brought swim shorts and wore something on top. I wore a tank top over my bathing top. We all took a towel, sun cream, sun glasses, sun hats and anything else we brought and met up back downstairs. All the girls discussed what they would wear at the beach beforehand so we all pretty much wore something similar. Our teacher wasn’t so fixed on swimming and wanted to stay out in the sun to sunbathe instead. The boys brought along beachballs and shovels and buckets which made me question their age.

 

“Shall we go?” Ms. Choi asked after everyone gathered together.

 

Everyone rushed out to the beach without a second thought.

 

Most of the boys just dropped their things and ran straight into the sea. Us girls were a bit more sensible and decided to find a place to put our stuff away first.

 

“How about there? It’s quite empty and there is some shade there too.” Jihyun suggested.

 

“Sure let’s go!” I replied. We all walked to the place and laid out our towels and put our things away.

 

“Shall we go ahead?” Jihyun asked me.

 

I nodded. She then left with her group of friends.

 

“What do you guys wanna do?” I asked.

 

“Duh. Go into the water!” Hyunjae replied.

 

“Let’s go!” Sunhi ran ahead with Hyunjae and Jaehwa. Mijin, Hoosook and Youngmi took their time coming. They knew the sea wouldn’t run away.

 

We took a moment to adjust to the cold water and went deeper into the sea but remained where we could still stand.

 

“Hey, Hyunsoo?” It sounded like Minhwas voice so I turned around to get splashed with water.

 

“You idiot. It’s already cold as it is!”

 

“Pay back for revealing my past. I’ll be teased by the others for a whole year now.”

 

“That’s not what I call a pay back.” It was Myungsoo who was with Minhwa. “This is how you do it!”

 

He lightly pushed me down so I fell back into the water. When I got up, I was soaked.

 

“You seem a lot better. Besides, why are you trying to pay me back?”

 

“I wasn’t! I was just showing Minhwa how to do it properly.”

 

“Are you bullying the pres? Can I join in?” It was Jaejong who saw me falling and came to see what was up. However, he took the opportunity push both Myungsoo and Minhwa into the water and after coming up again, the two of them chased after him to get him back. Before I knew everyone tried to push each other down. Hyunjae and Choa went to drag Ms. Choi into the sea as well. No one was able to last a whole fifteen minutes staying dry.

 

We played in the water, splashed each other, swam a little, splashed each other again and like this time passed.

 

“Yo girls! What do you say about a game of beach volleyball?” It was Jaejong who was holding a beachball. So they planned it all along.

 

“We want a match. Boys vs. Girls.” Jimin added.

 

“Most of you guys are in the football club. It won’t be fair on us.” Jaehwa pointed out.

 

“It’s beach volleyball. We use our hands, not our feet!” Junhong replied.

 

“Is there some kind of motive to this?” I asked.

 

“We decided that the winners should be able to boss the losers around for the rest of the trip.” Youngjae explained.

 

“So you guys did have a motive behind all of this.” Jihyun said.

 

“That’s not all. If we win, we can also boss the class pres around for the rest of the trip.” Jongin added.

 

I glared at Minhwa who was silently standing next to them and wasn’t saying a word.

 

“I promise, I don’t have anything to do with this.” he said.

 

“It’s just a damn game of beach volleyball. You win, you lose. It’s just a game!” Myungsoo said.

 

I looked at the other girls who had the same expression as me. Most of them shrugged.

 

“It doesn’t sound that bad. Like he said, it’s just a game.” Hyunjae said. Most of the girls agreed with her and looked at me.


“Fine. You are all going down!”

 


A/n - Another update which is longer than the previous one to make it up to you guys! I had a big writers block since it's been a year and my computer with all my ideas for future chapters has crashed. I still remember a couple of things but I came up with new stuff to cover the next couple of chapters and I'm sure they'll be lenghtier and better than the previous on and this.

And whoop whoop. The boys challenged the girls. Do they want revenge on Hyunsoo for all she put them through as class president? Find out in the next episode of A Wall In between! XD