Class Trip Pt. 1

A Wall In between

“Are we there yet?” I heard Hoosook ask Hyunjae. She is a little impatient when it comes to trips.

 

“It will probably take a bit longer.”

 

“Fine. I’m going back to sleep then.”

 

“Wait! Don’t sleep while I’m still awake. You’re meant to be talking to me right now.”

 

Judging from the silence after that, Hoosook seemed to have ignored her and fallen asleep.

 

“Will you stop it?”

 

Maybe Hoosook didn’t go to sleep after all. Or it might be Hyunjae who isn’t letting her.

 

“Hey Jaehwa, have you watched the latest episode yet?”

 

“Nope not yet. Have you?”

 

“Of course. I watched it as soon as it came out. You seriously have to watch it!”

 

Jaehwa and Mijin were in their own world as usual. They’ve been talking non stop since I woke up from my sleep and I stopped bothering to keep up with their conversation as they change the topic every minute or so.

 

I looked to the seat behind me and saw Sunhi fast asleep. She is probably going to sleep to her hearts content right now and when we reach the destination she won’t be able to shut her eyes again. She isn’t the only one who is asleep. A couple of rows back, I can see Myungsoo who is also fast asleep. Minhwa on the other hand is talking to his friends who are behind him. When I look to the front, I see Ms. Choi sleeping too. This just reminded me of our previous class trips. The same people would sleep and the same people would talk throughout the whole journey.

 

“Want some?” Youngmi handed me over a couple of sweets.

 

“Thanks. I have snacks too, let me get them out.” I got out my bag and took out the snacks that were right at the top. “Here take some Youngmi.”

 

After she took some, she passed some of them to Hyunjae and Hoosook who was still having trouble sleeping because of Hyunjae. I was closer to Mijin and Jaehwa since their seats were right besides mine so I handed them some. I decided to wake up Sunhi too.

 

“Hey. Sunhi, wake up!”

 

She woke up slowly but steadily. I told her to take some and she slowly did and murmured a quiet ‘thank you’.

 

“Yo Minhwa.” I called Minhwa who was sitting at the back.

 

“Hyunsoo, you’re finally awake!”

 

“I’ve been awake for the past hour birdbrain!”

 

“I didn’t notice!” He gave me a cheeky smile. “Sorry!”

 

I passed down the bag of sweets to him and he reached out for it.

 

“Are you sure. It’s a big bag.”

 

“Yeah. I made sure to take out as much as I need. Knowing you and your friends, you would have probably handed me an empty bag at the end of the journey.”

 

“How mean Pres.” I heard a couple of them moan.

 

“Just don’t give me back an empty bag!” I smiled back.


 

Another hour past and we finally arrived. It took some time for some of the students to wake up, stretch and realise that we are finally here.

 

“Wow. The weather is so nice today. This must be what paradise looks like.” Youngmi awed.

 

“Alright class. We are here. Let’s all follow Hyunsoos instructions.” Ms. Choi announced.

 

“Why me?”

 

“Because you’re still the class president.” she replied while smiling innocently. “Besides, you have at least been here once. It’s also your last chance to boss the class around!”

 

I sighed before I stood up and walked to the front of the coach.

 

“We are all going to go to put our stuff away first. There are two big rooms for the girls and two big rooms for the boys. We have already decided on the room arrangements back in school so we should all know who we have to stick around with. After we dropped off our stuff and freshened up a little, we’ll meet again in the corridor. Understood?”

 

“Yes!” The whole class replied.

 

As soon as we agreed on a plan we all got off the coach and got our baggages. Ms. Choi and I went to the reception to talk to get the room keys while everyone else remained behind.

 

“Have a pleasant stay!” the receptionist smiled.

 

“Thank you very much.” Ms. Choi and I replied.

 

We both went back and handed out the keys to the corresponding groups. Each room had four bunk beds and an ensuite bathroom. Up to eight people can therefore stay in each room. I was staying in a room with Hyunjae, Hoosook, Mijin, Jaehwa, Sunhi and Youngmi and together with myself it’s seven of us staying in the room.

 

The class decided to split up and head towards their corresponding rooms. Of course Ms. Choi had a smaller room for herself at the end of the corridor. All seven of us decided to get out the necessary things and put them on the dressing table that was there with a mirror. Also, we filled the cabinets that were there with snacks and called it our ‘Emergency food supply’. We pushed our luggages under the beds to make more room and after we finished all that we fought over our beds.

 

“It’s almost time to meet up. Shall we go?” Hyunjae asked. We all agreed and took the key and headed out to the corridor. The other group of girls with Jihyun and her friends were already there along with Ms. Choi. Both of the groups of boys weren’t here yet.

 

“Did they seriously forget what time we were meant to meet up?” Jihyun asked.

 

“You never know. They are the boys from our class after all!” Minah, on of her friends replied.

 

“Maybe we should at least let them know it’s time by knocking on their doors.” Ms. Choi suggested. “I’ll take room 15 and Hyunsoo, you should go and check on the boys in room 18!”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

I walked down the corridor and reached room 18. I could hear loud voices from the other side and I was sure it was Minhwas friends. I knocked on the door and the room went silent. I waited for a while and knocked again. There was no response.

 

“Don’t you idiots know how to read the time?” I shouted just enough so they could hear me on the other side. I waited for a bit longer until the door finally opened.

 

“Do you guys know what time it is? This may be a leavers trip but it’s still a class trip and not your personal vacation!”

 

“Woah. Calm it pres, you’re scaring the men in here!” It was Myungsoo.

 

“Why did I have this gut feeling that you would be the one opening the door.”

 

“Maybe because I didn’t have much of an appearance today.”

 

“Well anyways, you and your men better be out of your room in thirty seconds. The whole class expect the other bunch of boys are waiting.”

 

“Better late than never.” I heard Jaejong shout from the back.

 

“You have less than thirty seconds. Don’t make me repeat that!”

 

One by one the boys quickly stormed out of the room and walked down the corridor where everyone else was.

 

“Do you seriously have to threaten us during our last few days together as this class?” Minhwa asked.

 

“Since it’s necessary. You guys leave me no choice. Even though you’re my childhood friend, I won’t go easy on you either!”

 

“Oooh. Scary scary!” He laughed. I gave him a playful hit on his shoulder.

 

We all gathered up at the meeting place and headed downstairs to the reception.

 

“Lee Hyunsoo?”


Someone called my name. We all turned around.

 


A/n : Sorry I was away for soooo long (You've been away for over a year you idiot). I apologise again for making you wait so long. I know some of you guys might be wondering where the hell this story came from in your subscription list xD. Yeah, I am alive! I never thought I'd update this story because I started writing it when I was 16 and now that I'm 18 I've changed a lot and my writing was so cheesy back then. But I realised that at least two readers are still waiting for an update so I will continue writing for at least those two and anyone who is still willing to read. 

Also, I need a new poster. Any suggestions where I can get it from? Also, I had a bit of a writers block while writing it so forgive me if this wasn't as good as you expected.... I will try to get over that writers block asap!