chapter 16

L.O.V.E? [Semi-Hiatus]

Top called someone and after he ended his call, someone opens the place and turns on the Ferris wheel.

‘Wowww,’ Jessica said in amazement.

‘Come,’ he said and holds her hand.

 

They get into the Ferris wheel, and sit opposite each other. The workers turn on it and it started to move around.

‘Omo, I’m scared,’ she said and quickly holds Top’s hand.

‘Come here,’ he told.

 

Top holds both of Jessica’s hand and she sits beside Top. She spontaneously clings onto his arm because she’s scared and feels dizzy.

‘Wowww, the views are really beautiful from here,’ she said happily.

‘It’s pretty, right? I love the views from here,’ he told.

‘You often come here?’ she asked.

‘Not too often. Whenever I need to be alone or to release my stress, I will come here,’ he told.

‘Really? I thought you will go to the pub every time you are stressed,’ she said playfully.

 

‘Pub? That will make me more stress,’ he told.

‘You are really quite sentimental. First, Han River, now, Ferris wheel,’ she said jokingly.

‘Don’t judge a book by its cover. Even though I look like this, I have a soft heart,’ he told her.

‘I know,’ she said while smiling.

 

 

‘Woww, it’s really2 amazing,’ she told, admiring the great views of Seoul.

‘Are you happy now?’ he asked.

‘Neh,’ she said brightly.

Top smiles seeing her happiness.

 

‘Sica-ah, I heard about the rumors. That’s the reason why you don’t answer my calls all day and you went to the pub, right?’ he asked.

‘Neh, oppa,’ she said quietly with sad face.

‘Mind to share with me?’ he asked with concern.

‘Nothing to share about, oppa. You already know, it’s all stated in the media,’ she told.

‘I want to hear from you, not from other sources,’ he said.

 

‘It’s awful, oppa. I feel so embarrassed and scared,’ she told.

‘So, it’s all true?’ he asked while gazing into her eyes.

‘Neh, but my agency denied because they want to protect  SNSD’s and my reputation,’ she told him.

‘But, it’s not fair to you,’ he said with concern.

‘I know but I don’t blame my agency. They just do their jobs to protect our reputation,’ she said while forcing a smile to him.

‘Don’t show that fake smile, it just doesn’t suit you,’ he told her softly.

 

Tears are gleaming in her eyes when he said that to her. His gazes, his voices show how much he cares for her. Jessica quickly looks away, doesn’t want him to notice her tears.

‘It’s not fake,’ she said playfully, hiding her sadness.

‘I know your smiles, and that is not your genuine smiles,’ he told.

‘Wow, you really know my smiles, huh?’ she asked, playfully.

‘Of course, I’m your Tabbie oppa,’ he said smugly.

 

She chuckles at him.

‘I know how you feel right now, Sica,’ he told while gazing straight into her pretty eyes.

‘No, you don’t, oppa,’ she told quietly.

‘I wish I can do something to make you feel better,’ he said.

‘You already did, by bringing me here and accompany me,’ she said while smiling.

 

‘Really? You feel better now?’ he asked.

‘Neh, oppa. This is better than drinking beer,’ she told.

‘I’ve told you. Girl like you shouldn’t drink often,’ he told her.

‘Girl like me? Like what?’ she asked.

‘You know, a sweet and innocent girl like you,’ he said softly.

‘Wow, you are praising me. Do you want anything from me?’ she asked, playfully.

‘Ermm, yeah. I will not praise you for nothing,’ he said.

‘I knew it,’ she said while rolling her eyes.

 

Top chuckles her.

‘Oppa, look! Seoul Tower looks so beautiful from here,’ she said excitedly while pointing outside.

‘I know and that is the 67 building,’ he told her.

‘Wow, it’s amazing,’ she said happily.

 

 

They enjoy the night and amazing views from the Ferris wheel. Jessica is really absorbed with the views.

‘Sica-ah, can I ask something?’ he asked.

‘What is it, oppa?’

‘Do you know who the guy is?’ he asked.

‘No, I don’t and I don’t want to know,’ she told, slightly cold.

‘I’m sorry for asking but, I just want to know,’ he told.

‘No, it’s okay, oppa. Can we not talking about him?’ she asked.

‘Neh, I won’t mention again,’ he said while smiling.

‘I will definitely look for him. He needs to get his lesson. How dare he touch you,’ he thought angrily in his mind.

 

‘You have a pretty smile, do you know that?’ she asked when she saw he’s smiling.

‘Pretty smiles?’

‘Neh, so, you should smile often,’ she told.

‘Look who’s talking,’ he said sarcastically.

‘Bwoh?’

‘You should say that to yourself,’ he told.

‘Mean!’ she said and pouted cutely.

Top chuckles at her.

 

‘Oppa, can I ask you something?’

‘Sure, what is it?’ he asked.

‘Do you ever think that I’m a bad girl? I mean many people keep saying that about me. That me and our image are ty and all,’ she told.

‘Who say that??’

‘Many people, oppa. Especially about me,’ she said quietly.

‘No, you are not. They are jealous with you,’ he told kindly.

 

‘Be honest, before you know me, did you ever think that I’m a bad girl?’ she asked again.

‘No, never,’ he said sternly.

‘Are you being honest?’ she asked while gazing to him.

‘Of course, I’m telling from the bottom of my heart,’ he told while staring into her eyes.

‘Thanks oppa. Now I feel better,’ she told while smiling.

‘Don’t ever think what other people said about you. As long as you know who you are, it’s enough,’ he told.

‘Neh, oppa,’ she said happily.

 

‘So, how do you feel? You will make your comeback in few days,’ she told.

‘I’m nervous like I always told you,’ he said.

‘Don’t worry, you will do great,’ she cheered him.

‘I know because you keep telling me that,’ he told her.

‘You are a great rapper, so, don’t worry,’ she said.

‘Ani, I’m not as great as Jiyong,’ he said quietly.

 

‘Why did you say that?’ she asked, noticing sadness in his tones.

‘Because it’s the truth. Jiyong is always known as no 1 rapper in our group and sometimes it hurts me,’ he told bitterly.

‘I know how you feel, oppa,’ she said.

‘You know?’ he asked while raising his eyebrows.

‘Of course. Look at me, I’m in the same situation as you. Taeyeonnie is always known the top vocalist in our group, whereas me, even though I’m the main vocalist too but many people doubt my ability to sing,’ she told, sad.

‘The people that doubted you, must be deaf. You have a really great voice and you can sing perfectly,’ he told her.

‘No, oppa. I can’t reach Taeyeon’s level. Sometime they said I don’t deserve my position as main vocalist,’ she said painfully.

 

‘I have heard and watched you sing so many times. You really have a great voice,’ he coaxed her.

‘I’m used to be 2nd favorite in my life, oppa,’ she said quietly.

‘2nd favorite?’

‘Neh, in our group, I’m always behind Taeyeon. And in my family, I’m behind Soojung,’ she told.

‘Why did you say that?’ he asked with concern, noticing her sadness.

 

‘Do you know that my agency actually wanted my sister as their trainee? But, she’s too young at that time, so, my parents gave me instead of her. See, I’m always the 2nd favorite, the 2nd choice,’ she said.

‘Don’t think like that. You are a talented and good singer, so, don’t think nonsense,’ he said softly.

‘You just wanted to make me feel better,’ she told playfully, hiding her sadness.

‘No, I really mean it. You have a unique and different voice. Honestly, whenever I listen to SNSD‘s songs, I can recognized your voice straight away,’ he said.

‘Really?’

‘Yep, because like I said, you are a great singer and have great vocal,’ he coaxed her.

‘I’m a good singer?’

‘Of course, you are Jung Jessica. You have a really unique, angelic voices that all people cannot forget once they heard your voice,’ he told while smiling.

Jessica smiles at him.

 

‘Thanks oppa. Honestly, I never told this to anyone before, not Yuri nor Tiffany. I don’t know why I told you,’ she said.

‘I’m glad because you told me about your feelings. You can’t always bury your feelings in your heart. You need to talk to somebody,’ he told.

‘Neh, oppa. Thanks for listening,’ she said while smiling.

‘Anything for the ice princess,’ he said playfully.

Jessica chuckles at him.

 

'By the way, about the 2nd favorite, that's not true too. Because for me, you are always my no 1 and my top priority,' he told delicately with his deep voice.

Jessica gazes into his deep eyes and she knows that he really means his words. She just smiles to him.

 

They continue enjoying their moments there. After about an hour, Top told the worker to stop the Ferris wheel. They get out from it and walk to his car.

‘Thanks for tonight, oppa,’ she thanked, in the car.

‘It’s nothing, I’m glad that I make the cold ice princess happy,’ he told, playfully.

‘I’m not that cold,’ she objected.

‘I know,’ he said casually.

 

She smiles at him. After about 20 minutes, they reached her dorm.

‘Once again, thanks, oppa. And thanks for sending me home,’ she told.

‘You are welcome,’ he said coolly.

 

Jessica leans in and gives a light hug to Top. Top is startled and he feels electrocute on his body and his heart is beating out of rhythm when their bodies touch.

‘Drive carefully,’ she told from outside.

‘Neh, good night. Sleep tight,’ he told.

‘Night, oppa,’ she said while waving her hand.

 

Jessica waits until he drove off before she walks into the building. But, before she could enter the building, she saw someone is walking towards her.