It Was a Long Journey For Us

It Was a Long Journey For Us

“Appa, the story almost the end~ why did you always cut everything when it almost finish?!” Eun Sook whines. “Yeah. Such a busybody!” Eun Soo joined.

“Yah! You see! That’s why I’m being strict to own children. They talk to me like I’m not their father at all.” Eunkwang walked closer to Jieun. “Even your father’s right. You have school tomorrow. First day at elementary school.”

“B-but … we want to know… what happen in the end.” Eun Soo tugs Jieun’s hand and forces her to sit back at their bed. “You guys listen to this almost everyday. Aren’t you guys bored of it?” Eunkwang look at his children.

They shook their head, “Nope and never ever will!”

“Omma~” both of the twins cooed their mom.

Jieun look at Eunkwang and sighed, “Go to sleep. I’ll tell you some other time.” She tucked both of them to them. “Eun Soo, Eun Sook, go to sleep. Daddy will tell you tomorrow, okay?”

“ASSA!” Both of them went extremely happy and quickly fall asleep.

Jieun and Eunkwang peck on their forehead and leave their bedroom. Eunkwang and Jieun then walk to their bedroom across their children’s room. “I didn’t mean to scold them, but I feel it’s a right thing to be a strict person than being a stupid one.” Eunkwang reassured.

She smiled, “I know. That’s why I’m married to you, idiot.”

“What did you just called me?!” he raised his eyebrows.

“I-D-I-O-T!” Jieun halfway screaming. Eunkwang shushed her, “Yah! Seo Jieun! What if the kids wake up?!” Jieun gigged, “It’s your fault.”

They lay on the bed and faced each other, “But I really want to know something.”

“What is it?” Jieun asked back.

“What happen actually when you barged into the house? And who’s that freak?”

Jieun closed her eyes and take a deep breath, “When I walked in…”

“Oppa? Where are you?” Jieun called. “Oppa, there are no police with me. I’m alone.” Jieun walks around the second floor and found a room with no door. She walks in and saw Eun Soo doze off in a crib, “Eun Soo? She walks closer.

Jieun held Eun Soo in her arms, “Mommy missed you.” She kissed Eun Soo’s puffy cheek, “Do you miss me?”

“I do.”

Jieun turns, and saw him, “Oppa …”

“Jieun-ah, I missed you.” He walks closer until he was only an arm span distant from Jieun. “Oppa, I know that you missed me, but why do you have to do all this?”

“I … I was pushed off.” Hongbin hung low his head. “By who?” She looks at Hongbin, waiting for the answer. “SeungJae.” He looks back at Jieun.

“S-SeungJae oppa? What did he said to you?” Jieun sounds even furious and glare at him. “He told me to stay away from you because he doesn’t want any guys of my type befriend with you.”

“Your type? What do you mean?”

“Well, he said that I’m not suitable to your family since I’m from a well known and successful family. I should pick someone from my type, not a normal girl like you.” Hongbin shed his tears away.

Jieun placed back sleeping Eun Soo in the crib, “D-did SeungJae said that t-to you?” she walks closer to Hongbin and held his hand. “I-I’m sure he had his own reasons to said that.” Jieun hugged Hongbin and sooth him.

“L-like?”

“He’ll be thinking that w-when I met your parents, they might disapprove our relationship since we have different titles.” Jieun hugged him tighter.

She released the hug, “B-but, you haven’t met them yet. Maybe they’ll approve you…”

“Or disapprove.”

Hongbin sighed, “But, I like you. No, I love you, Jieun.  Isn’t that hard to prove for them?” Jieun caressed his cheek, “I love you too, but it’s the best decision. In fact, I can’t change anything, I’m already married.” Hongbin smiled to her last words.

“I know. But you’ll still be my favourite girl, huh Jieun?”

She nods, “I knew that and I always be.”

He hugged her for the last and held her hands, “Come on. I bet the police are waiting for me.” Jieun raised her eyebrow, “I knew they’re here, you silly.” He pats her head.

Jieun picked Eun Soo into her arms and walk hand-in-hand with Jieun. “You know, your son looks a lot like you.” Jieun smiled, “Well, I’m the mother. What about Eun Sook?”

“She’s more to Eunkwang’s gene.”

Once Hongbin stepped outside, a team of SWAT surround them. “He brings no harm. I insist no shooting. Plus, he doesn’t have any guns with him.” Jieun stand in front of Hongbin as if she protects him.

“Come on.” Jieun pulled his hand and walks to the tent. Inspector Kim watches them both walk closer, “You can cuff me now.” Hongbin hands over his hand and kneel on the floor.

Inspector Kim cuffs his hand and make him stand, “Lee Hongbin you are accused of child kidnapping. You’re ordered to be silent until the day you’re in court. If you forbid doing so, you may add your charges.”

Eunkwang gaped, “Wow.”

“You were there right?” Jieun asked. He nods, “Yeah, but I didn’t hear the whole thing.” Jieun yawned, “I’m tired. Let’s sleep?” she closed her eyes.

“Wait one more thing. My lawyer told me his sentence to jail has been deducted to 2 years. Why is that?” Jieun suddenly asked.

“He told the police and led the case of Seungjae’s motorbike accident. He saw who did it, so that’s the reasons his sentence got to be shortened.” Eunkwang explained.

Jieun turned over and turned off the table lamp, “Well then, goodnight blonde head.” She slept with her back facing Eunkwang. He moves closer and encircles his arms around Jieun, “Goodnight love.” He kissed her goodnight on the cheek before shut his eyes.

Jieun still thinking over everything and thought it was a long journey for them before she finally off to dreamland.

 

 

 

THE END