Promise

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

“Don’t you dare to lie, Seo Eunkwang. Why there’s smell of ladies perfume stick on your shirt with a lipstick stain on your shoulder back?” Jieun glared at him.

“I-it’s not what you think.” Eunkwang walks forward to Jieun.

“Then, what is it?!”

Eunkwang went speechless. He can’t talk as if his tongue knot and won’t spit out the words. ‘I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too.’ He can only thought.

“See? You’re bad in lying, you know that?! You can’t lie, especially to me.” Jieun cried and look away.

“Jieun, I love you. Y-you, know I do.” These are only words he could say.

“Don’t you say anything about love!” Jieun almost slapped him on the face, but half of her soul reminds herself that Eunkwang’s still her husband. ‘I didn’t meant to.’ Eunkwang punch his fist on the wall.

Jieun took her coat and went out from the house with tears sprawling out from her face. ‘Why do you have to lie to me Eunkwang?’ Jieun thought as she walks.

‘I left my car keys.’ Jieun sighed. She let her steps bring her to anywhere it would until she stopped in front of a café.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” The café staff greeted as she’s went in. Jieun keeps her head down. She wiped her tears as she walked to an empty table at the back of the café which is near to window.

“Miss, may I have your order?”

“I’ll just have a cup of jasmine tea.” The waiter note down and walked away.

Jieun look out and it drizzle as it cry with Jieun. The waiter came back and placed her jasmine tea. Jieun look to her tea, ‘Why can’t I be as calming as you?’ Jieun sipped her tea. She look back outside and her tears forming again.

She cupped her face as she cried. She doesn’t need a cheap popularity by crying in a café like she was dumped by her boyfriend. She stare outside for a while, “Hey, may I seat here?” a voice asked. Jieun shook herself and look in front, it was a guy. “It’s quite occupied.” He continued. Jieun nodded and half smile.

“Thanks.” He sat in front of her. Jieun wiped her tears with her bare hand without realising the guy was actually looking at her. “Sorry you have to see me like this.” Jieun smiled.

“You have a beautiful smile.” He praised. Jieun smiled at him, ‘Thank you.” He took his handkerchief and wiped Jieun remaining tears. “Don’t cry.” He kept the handkerchief in her hand.

“It must be weird talking to a stranger, especially like me.” He giggled. “I’m Joon, Lee Joon.” He mentioned. “I’m Jieun, Choi Jieun.”

The waiter came back, “May I have your order?” she asked. “2 blueberry cheesecake and a cappuccino.” The waiter left as she have the order.

“You have a problem?” he asked. Jieun nodded, “Yeah. Too complicated and confusing.” She answered.  ‘I guess he can’t see my wedding ring since my wool sleeves are covering half of my palms.’ She thought.

“I guess it’s boy problem.” He guessed.

“Yes.” Jieun sipped her tea.

“Enjoy.” The waiter left as she placed the cheesecake and cappuccino. Joon then gave her a slice, “It’s yours.” He offered. “But I didn’t.” Jieun refused. “Come on. I know girls when they have problem. They’ll eat.” He smiled.

“You must have a girlfriend to know all this stuff?” Jieun teased.

“I don’t. I’m still single, and I don’t know why.” He sighed.

Jieun took the cake and ate a small portion. “So, Jieun, would you mine sharing your problems?” he asked. “Few hours ago, I caught partner in red handed.” Jieun told.

‘I don’t feel wrong sharing my personal problem with some stranger. Joon is like open-minded and he doesn’t care much about what other people say.’ Jieun thought.

“Ah~ Complicated.” He said like it was the conclusion.

“What do you mean?” Jieun asked.

“Definitely, the guy must have a problem. He took his own risk by not telling the partner.” Joon explained. “You’re saying?”

“I’m saying that, he took all the consequences that he’ll get if he chose that one solution. He can’t took the safer way.” He continued.

“How can you explained when he was caught red handed in a drunk way?” Jieun asked further.

“Well, I can’t say. You must ask him by yourself.” He smiled. “You should asked him to matter and try to understand being in his shoes.” He continued.

“Joon-sshi, how do you know about this stuff?” Jieun suspicious. “I just to know. My friends called me the love doctor.” He giggled with Jieun.

‘He know all this love thing, and he’s single. He’s one weird type.’ Jieun smiled alone. “You should smile a lot.” He praised. “You look beautiful with that smile.” He continued.

‘And he’s a good one to make me blushing red.’

“I’m full.” Jieun pushed the half portion to the centre of the table.

“You live here?” Jieun asked. He shook his head, “No. I’m just sight-seeing. I lived in Apgujeong.” He answered. Jieun made an ‘O’ mouth shape. “Wasn’t is quite far?” Jieun asked back.

“I took the subway.” He sipped his drink.

Everything turned silence as both of you look outside. “You know, if we’re sad or frustrated and its raining, means that the weather understands you and feels sorry for you.” He said without having an eye-contact.

Jieun look at him, “Are you sure, you’re single Joon-sshi?”

Joon smiled and look at her, “I’m 100% absolutely sure.” he winked.

Both of you stare outside and watch the rain. Jieun ordered another cup of jasmine tea as she waits for almost 2 ½ hours for the rain to stop. They kept in silence and nobody want to speak a word.

Jieun look back at her watch, “I gotta go now. It’s getting late.” Jieun slowly stood up and went to the counter. “Her drinks on my tab.” Joon said to the cashier as he hand his card. “Thank you.” Jieun bowed.

Jieun walked outside and head up to the pedestrians. “Jieun, wait up!” Joon called. Jieun turned, “Let me walk you home. It’s bad for a girl walking alone at this kind of hour.” He look up as the stars lit up. Jieun nodded and walk with him.

“You must be a great wife, did you?” he asked. “How do you know I’m married?” Jieun raised her eyebrows. “Hey, I’m the love doctor! Lol. I saw your ring when you about to pay at the counter earlier.” He explained.

Their steps finally stop as they arrived at the apartment’s lobby. “Thank you Joon-sshi.” Jieun thanked him.

He smiled, “It’s my pleasure. Hey, keep cam and love your husband, alright?” he held her shoulders. Jieun giggled, “Arasso, love doctor.” Jieun waved at him and went inside the lift. The lift rang and bought her to her house level.

She sighed and think deep before unlock the door. ‘Should I?’ Jieun asked herself. She sighed again, just little deeper. She unlocked the door and step in. She saw Eunkwang in his wife beater waiting for her at the couch.

“Jieun!” he ran and hugged her. Jieun didn’t hugged back, ‘I won’t fall for it.’ She thought as he released from the hug. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. Please forgive me.” Eunkwang held her hands. Jieun sighed and look down.

Eunkwang lift her chin and look into her eyes, “Please?” he asked again. Jieun kept her face straight, “I’m tired. I wanna sleep. And don’t touch me until I let you.” Jieun warned and went to the bedroom.

She took a quick shower and laid her back facing the ceiling right after changed into her pyjamas. ‘I’ll think about it, Eunkwang. I won’t forgive you easily.’ Jieun thought and changed her sleep position. Soon, Eunkwang entered the room and lie next to her.

“I know, I made a big mistake. I’m sure you’re now heartbroken because of my stupidity act. I left you without words. I’m sorry.” Eunkwang spoke as he knew Jieun only fake sleeping while facing Jieun’s back. Jieun could only hold her words from speaking and let her tears flow.

“I won’t lie to you anymore. I promise.” Eunkwang continued.


Hey guys! How you doing?!

I add up new character this time :)

Oh, new subcribers! Hello there!!