Threat or Trade?

It Was a Long Journey For Us

 

The morning rays hit the curtains and reflected to Eunkwang and made him awaken. He felt a weight on top of him, he slowly met up his gaze and noticing Jieun, sleeping. With that angelic face that’s so fragile, he wouldn’t have a heart to make any movement to wake her up.

Eunkwang couldn’t stop staring at Jieun’s featured as he tucked few hair strands behind her ear, “You’re so beautiful Jieun.” He whispered.

Jieun smiled, “Thank you.” She whispered back but with her eyes shut.

“You’ve awake?”

She nods, “Almost like 2 hours ago. But I’m just feeling a bit tired even I get full sleep.” Jieun whined and pouted. Eunkwang pouted too with her and kissed her temples, “Its okay, as long the babies and you are fine.” He caressed her stomach.

Jieun slowly sat up from Eunkwang and stood, “What do you want for breakfast?” she asked with her hands on her waist. “You don’t have too. I’ll make it for us.” He left his lips on her’s before left for his morning shower.

“He stills the same Eunkwang that I’ve known.” Jieun mumbled.

Not long after, Eunkwang went outside with a fresh scent of peaches, “Good morning lovely.” He kissed on her forehead. “You want to make any request for breakfast?” he asked.

She shook her head, “I’m fine with anything. I’ll take my shower for a while.” Eunkwang support by her waist to the bathroom and place her clothes on the behind the door, “Call me if you need anything.” Eunkwang raised his voice at the ‘anything’ part. Jieun giggled and closed the door.

Jieun didn’t lock, ‘Maybe she afraid if anything happens.’ He thought. Eunkwang left to the kitchen and made some toast and earl grey tea for breakfast. His lips curl upwards since he woke up this morning. ‘I’m glad that you have finally had your memories about me.’

 Jieun sat next to Eunkwang during the breakfast, “I remember this.” She smiled. “You made it for me and it was the skinship that I did.” He playfully smirked. Jieun lightly hit his arm, “Oppa!” Eunkwang giggled and fed her with the strawberry toast he made.

 “Eun Soo, Eun Sook. Its breakfast time. Eat well, okay! Daddy made it nicely for you!” Jieun raised her eyebrow and look at him, “Eun Soo? Eun Sook?”

Eunkwang nods, “I guess I forgot to tell you about that. I suggest to name our handsome son Eun Soo and our beautiful daughter Eun Sook.” He kissed on tip of her lips. “Wow. You really thought of our children name. I’m surprise.”

“Was that to be complement or otherwise?” he crossed his arms. Jieun giggled, “Of course a complement.” She randomly kissed on Eunkwang’s face right after.

They fed each other have their first breakfast together after Jieun’s recovery. Eunkwang washed all the dishes, “Yeobo-ah~ why can’t I help you with the dishes?” Jieun pouted while watching him from aside. He shook his head, “No. I’m not letting you.” He firmly spoke.

“You afraid I might hit the table and injure our children?” she caressed her stomach and smirked.

Eunkwang stand froze, “J-Jieun, don’t get me w-wrong.” He turned face Jieun after arranging the dishes. Jieun giggled, “I understand, nampyeon.” She walks to Eunkwang, “My nampyeon is a great father to my kids.” She caressed his cheek with her thumb.

‘Jieun, can I be a great father to our kids?’ he held her hands and walk to the living hall. “You have plans for today?” she asked. Eunkwang tapped his chin, “I don’t think so. You w-…” his phone cut him off.

“Yes, I’m speaking … What happen? … Now? … Where are the others? … *sigh* I’ll be there.” He ends the call. “I’m so-…”

Jieun kissed on his lips, “It’s alright. Your workmates need you now.” she smiled. “You have to come with me.” He said.

“Wae-yo?”

He giggled, “Just precautions. Even I don’t want to be bored alone and sighing all day waiting for me.” He teased. “Arasso, appa.” They went back to their bedroom and get changed. Eunkwang had to change to his office attire but he won’t change his skinny pants while Jieun wore a blue coral dress, “My nampyeon really need to change his style.” She crossed her arms.

Eunkwang raised his eyebrow, “What? This is what I usually wore, you know that.” He looks to his reflection at the mirror. “I mean your pants.” She pointed. “We’ll be there just for a while.” He kissed lightly on her cheek.

“You nag too much.” He teased again.

Jieun pouted, “Fine. Then leave me alone!” she walks out and went to the babies’ room. Eunkwang trailed her back like a toddler. “Yeobo-ah.” He knocked at the door. Deep inside, he knew that Jieun won’t lock the door.

He slowly turns the doorknob and saw Jieun sat on the piano bench, “You want me to play?” he offered as leaned at the door frame. Jieun turned back and nod, “Do I really … nag that much?” she asked as Eunkwang placed his fingers on the keys.

He smiled, “Yes you are, I missed it for months. I can only hold my feelings when you lose your memories and I’m happy you had me on your mind again. But your nag is the honey for my ears and I might get diabetic from that.” He pinched her cheeks.

He took his breathe and played, “Sarangbakke nan molla, I want you only you, Idaeron, jeoldaero bonael sun eobseo …”

“… kkeutnaejaneun mal hamburo haji ma, it’s so blue it’s so blue.” Jieun continued.

They both sang and made the song sounds like a duet. “You memorized it?” he asked as the song ends. She nods, “Well, its one of my favourite now, sang by Seo Eunkwang.” She giggled.

~~~~~

“You wait me here. The meeting will finish in …. 20 minutes. I promise.” Eunkwang kissed on her forehead. “You need any companion? I can call Minhyuk or Jaehwa to c-…”

Jieun kissed on his lips to stop him from talk more, “Jagiya, I’ll be alright.” Eunkwang forced to smile and left her still with mixed feelings, inside.

Jieun sat on the couch and look around his office, ‘So this is his office.’ She went almost all over the place; well the place is not that huge but quite enough to have a number of workers in that office.

She went to the kitchen made a cup of tea and sat on the couch, watching the TV. Jieun sighed, “How much longer will it be?” she mumbled and look at the clock, it’s just 6 minutes passed, and she had to wait for another 14 minutes.

Not long after, a small kid came over and pulled the tip of her sleeves, “I’m hungry.” The little kid whined. “Where’s your mother?” Jieun kneel and look into her eyes. Her eyes became teary, “I d-don’t know.” she start to sob.

Jieun caressed her tears away, “its okay. What to do you want to eat?” she asked. The kid pouted, “Chicken porridge!” she clapped her hands. Jieun smiled and took her phone.

Yeobosaeyo? Is this XXXX shop?

Nae. Would you like to make delivery?

Yes please. I want to order 2 chicken porridge, 12 black paste noodles, 2 portion of kimchi and 2 portion of radish.

I have your orders. Would you like to add more?

That’s all.

The total will be 98,500 won. Cash or credit?

Cash please.

We’ll send over to your place in 15 minutes. It’ll consider free if the delivery took more than 15 minutes from arrival. Thank you for ordering.

Jieun end up the call, “The foods will be here soon.” The little kid gurgled. “My name is Jieun, what’s your?” she begin to talk with her. “I’m Daerin.” She answered.

“Who do you come with?” Jieun asked.

“Appa.” She pointed inside the meeting room.

Jieun look over, “The one with grey blazer and black tie.” Daerin said. “Are you waiting for your dad too?” Daerin asked and caused Jieun giggled, “My husband. He’s the blonde one.” Jieun said and placed Daerin on her lap.

“Your dad brought you here?”

She nods, “Where’s mommy?” Daerin’s smiled fade and look down, “I have no mommy.” She said. Deep down, Jieun felt regret of asking the question to Daerin, “I can be your mommy for today.” Jieun brightened up the mood.

She clapped her hands together. Jieun heard someone knock on the door, “I think the delivery boy is here. Wait me here, alright?” Jieun placed Daerin on the couch and went to the door.

“If that’s the decision, we the board members approved that this project had to decline following laws that have been assured to us a week ago.” They make a video conference with the board members.

“Eunkwang, I need you to delete all data and information regarding the project. I won’t except any excuses if the information falls on the other hand.” Eunkwang nods.

“I guess that’s it for now. We’ll se you guys soon.” With that, the video conference meeting ended and they jumped in joy.

All of them when out and Eunkwang was the last, ‘Where’s Jieun?’ he look around but no one could be found except Daerin. “I thought you came with your wife. Where is she?” Doojoon asked. Eunkwang went speechless.

“The foods are here!” Jieun yelled as she walks back to the office rest hall. They all look at her in joy, as their eyes glued at the packages she held, “Jieun! You’re the best!” the female co-workers praised.

“Black paste noodles! And kimchi?! These will make me eat more.”

“Eunkwang, your wife is the best!” Doojoon went over to Daerin. “I bought her chicken porridge since she requests it.” Jieun hand the porridge to Doojoon. He bowed, “I’m sorry to cause you troubles. I’ll pay y-…”

“You don’t have to pay. Take it as a gift.” She cut him off.

Eunkwang took a bowl of black paste noodles and Jieun’s chicken porridge and sat in front of her, “How do you know I order chicken porridge to myself?” Jieun playfully smirked. “I know my wife well.” Eunkwang proudly said.

Jieun giggled, “We’ll eat well.” They all said in unison. Jieun smiled at them, “Enjoy your lunch.” Jieun and Eunkwang sat a bit farther form them, since Eunkwang want to have some privacy with his one and only wife.

“How was the meeting?”

Eunkwang heavily sighed, “It was shocking and I don’t want to remember about it. The board directors look creepy to me.” Eunkwang shook his head and slurped his noodles. “How are my Eun Soo and Eun Sook?” he caressed her stomach.

“They’re doing well and they didn’t kick today.” Jieun giggled as Eunkwang made a circular motion on her stomach. “I guess they couldn’t watch you holding the pain so that’s why.” He answered.

They continued until the last of their drink, “Eunkwang-ah …” Jieun held his hand. “Yes darling?” he looks at her. “Do you know anything about Daerin?” she whispered.

Eunkwang tapped his chin, “I do.”

“Tell me about her.”

Eunkwang held firmly her hands but in a secure way, “She’s Doojoon’s only daughter. She’s 3 three years old.”

“What I mean is her mother. Doojoon’s wife. What happen to her? I asked Daerin about her mommy and she started to feel down.”

Eunkwang placed his index finger on her lips, “Don’t say it out loud.”

“His wife, I mean Daerin’s mom, died 3 years ago.” Eunkwang caressed Jieun’s cheek with his thumbs. “She died of brain cancer. Doojoon told me that the doctor giving her only 2 options. One is to abort the child and she survives for another 3 years and yet could cure her cancer or deliver the baby as the due date but she could only survive up to 2 months after.”

“She chose the second option.” Jieun cupped and held back her tears.

“That’s the options given? Nothing else?” Jieun asked.

Eunkwang shook his head and laid Jieun on his chest, “She found out that she had a brain cancer during her 3rd month’s pregnancy when she had a terrible headache. Doojoon motivates her that she can survive and watch their first daughter grow. But, she couldn’t. After the labour, her cancer cell spread out to entirely body. The doctors can’t do anything but only to shot her with painkillers.”

Jieun sobs and her tears falling, “You seem breakdown. I can continue this back home.” Eunkwang said. Jieun look into his eyes, “No. just continue.”

“In the end, his wife made a decision to end her life earlier. She can’t hold the pain any longer. She hopes to see Daerin grow to a beautiful lady, but she could only put her hopes to Doojoon. Doojoon had to agree with her and she kissed Daerin once. Doctor stopped her machine and she ends her life in peace.” Eunkwang wiped her tears.

‘That’s why I’m afraid when we lost our first child.’ He thought while soothing her back. “What’s her name?” Jieun asked. “Yoon Da-Young. She was a Lee and Doojoon decide to use her surname for Daerin and his surname for her nickname.”

Eunkwang kissed her cheek; “We hope the best for children, right Eunkwang?” she smiled. He nods, “Let me take this. You cleaned the mess.” Jieun mehrong him and took the bowl outside and left him alone.

Few minutes later,

An unknown ID calls …

Eunkwang: Yeobosaeyo?

X: Hello Eunkwang! I’m glad to here your voice. How’s Jieun?

Eunkwang: Who is this?!

X: You don’t know me? It’s me, your best friend.

Eunkwang: If you keep on playing games with me, I’m gonna end this call!

X: Chill out. I’m sure you don’t want Jieun to be harm.

Eunkwang: W-what do you want?

X: How’s the babies’? Doing great?! It looks like she had her memories back.

Eunkwang: *I never told to anyone yet, how did he know?*

X: If you’re wondering, I had my eyes everywhere. And you guys on my top-list*evil laughs*

Eunkwang: What do you want!

X: Low down your voice. I’m sure Jieun wouldn’t be pleasant to hear our deals, won’t she?

Eunkwang: What deal?!!

X: After Jieun giving birth to your twins, I want the baby boy.

Eunkwang: Not my children you’re dealing! I can pay you. How much do you want? 20 Million? 50 Million? I can get the money now.

X: I’m not interested with your money and fortune. I want your son for a life trade. If not, you will never see Jieun and the babies forever.

The call ended and Eunkwang still in his state mind of confusing. ‘What’s with the babies’ trading?!’ he slammed his fist on the table. He didn’t give any answer for the trade and he wish not to trade his children. He hopes to trade his life instead the babies.


Who's X?

What will happen to Jieun? Eun Soo? and Eun Sook?

Wait for the next update ....

THE GAME JUST STARTED!

hehehehehehehe >.<