Almost

It Was a Long Journey For Us

Time shows, it’s 5.30 in the morning. “Eun Soo should be waking up right now by now … he’s an early riser.” Jieun whispered to Eunkwang. He smiled, “You missed him until you could remember what he should be done?!” he whispered back. “Hey, it’s his daily routine.” She sounds sarcastic.

Jieun and Eunkwang followed the policemen to a small tent where all police officers, investigators and even Inspector Kim. “Good morning, Mr & Mrs Seo. We’re terribly sorry to call you at this hour.”

Jieun and Eunkwang smiled. “Good morning to you too, Kim-nim. No its fine. Anyway, how would you guys knew our son is here?” Jieun asked.

“Well, according to our reliable source, they saw him sometimes walking with a baby in his arms or strolling around the mall. One of our officers was assigned to ‘get him well’ and found out that he stayed here.”

Jieun’s mouth made a gap, “I-I … Woah. How could we didn’t notice him during his at public?”

“He’s good at camouflage, like an iguana.” Inspector Kim answered.

Eunkwang giggled and sound of beeping suddenly made the whole atmosphere focused at the sound. “What’s th-…?” Inspector Kim shushed and makes everything completely silenced.

The loud beeping sound slowly fades until it was no longer can be heard. Jieun and Eunkwang looked at Inspector Kim, “I know. We’ve no idea what sound it was.” Inspector Kim replied to both of them calmly while checking the past reports.

“By the way, if you guys are hungry, I can get some foods for you two.” Inspector Kim stood up from her seat and wait, “Yes, thank you. That’ll be nice.” She went off and took some breakfast from an officer in charged.

Jieun lands her head on Eunkwang’s shoulder, “Will he be okay?” Jieun asked for the umpteenth time. Eunkwang caressed her hand, “Yes. He will.”

Inspector Kim came back with 2 tray of foods, “Enjoy and excuse me for a while. I have some calls to be done.” She bowed.

Both of them having their meal in silenced and Eunkwang breaks the ice, “You know I’ve thinking that moving to the States in another 3 years.”

Jieun looked at him, “Huh? Why?”

He smiled, “I suppose to tell you this earlier, but I’m more concern about Eun Soo. Last week, there are 3 managers I think, they drop off by my office. They went to se me directly and ask me a favour on being their lead architecture for their new branch office at .California and Miami.”

Jieun thought for a while, “Well … I …”

“If you aren’t agreed with this, it's fine. I haven’t signed the contract.” Eunkwang held her hands as he placed his chopsticks. “I didn’t say any. But if really wants to, why not.” She showed her sparkling smile to Eunkwang.

“Wait, how did they know you?” Jieun raised her eyebrows.

Eunkwang smirked, “Your husband are way too popular in the architecture world.” He praised himself.

“Yah! Who said you were?” Jieun snickered.

He giggled, “I’m kidding. Remember my junior, Sehun? He’s now working at their HQ somewhere in NY.”

“Aah~ Sehun-nie. He’s the one who introduced? Lucky.” She clapped.

Few minutes passed and they finished their meals. “Mr & Mrs Seo, the SWAT team will break into the house within 10 more minutes, but both of you need to follow us.”

Both of them nod and trailed behind Inspector Kim, “Mrs Seo, I need your help.”

“Anything.”

“We all had this in mind. We want you to talk to JH…”


“WHAT?! NO!” Eunkwang protested. “I’m not sacrificing my own wife.”

 

“Mr Seo. Let me finish. We need her to talk to JH outside from the house using megaphone.” Inspector Kim explained.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” Jieun hugged him and gave a peck on his cheek. “Come on, just this once.” She pouted.  Eunkwang sighed, “Okay. But be safe.”

Jieun followed Inspector Kim, “You see that line of white lily in pot? That’s your boundary. Don’t ever exceed than that. You talk to him, since from your letter; he showed that he still have his crush on you. ” Inspector Kim told her.

Jieun closed her eyes, “This is the megaphone that you’ll be using.” Inspector Kim hugged her, “I know you can do this, Mrs Seo. Don’t worry we have all backups for you. And by the time you talk to him, our SWAT team will be break in through the back door.”

Jieun calmed herself as Inspector Kim left her alone. ‘You can do this.’

Jieun walked further and maintained her voice should be sound, “Oppa?” she called. Nobody appeared. “Oppa?” Jieun called slightly louder and until the third time, JH is there at the window.

He smiled at her, “Jieun-ah? Is that you?” he sounds excited.

Jieun giggled, “Ne, it’s me. Oppa, I’m sorry I wake you up this early.” She twirls her strands of hair on her shoulder, “No, no it should be fine. I’m an early riser. By the way, what are you doing here? And how do you know I stay here?”

“Oh, I’m just looking around the neighbourhood and looking some inspiration. It seems peaceful and quite. And, I saw your red Hyundai outside. You still with your favourite car, I see. “

“Hmm? Inspiration? Yeah, that car has been with me since our high school days.” he questioned back.

“I’m actually doing a thesis for my degree in science nature.” Jieun explained back.

“Do you want to come in? It’s quite chilly here, especially in the morning.” He gestured his thumb in.

“I wanted to, but I have some-… *PRAK!!*” Jieun freaked out and look back. “What’s that?!”

Jieun looked back at JH, “I-I … I don’t kn-now…” and stuttered.

JH look closely at the bushes behind Jieun and saw some movement, “What’s that?” JH mumbled. Suddenly, one of the policemen ran out from the bushes. “YAH!!!” JH looked at Jieun, “You plan this? YOU PLAN THIS ALL ALONG?!”

“Op-oppa...”

“DON’T YOU DARE TO CALL ME OPPA! HOW COULD YOU?!” JH blurted out in anger. Jieun control her emotions and tears, “I … I just want my son back. That’s all.”

“You mean, our son, Eun Soo?” he smirked.

“Listen, I’m married now, with Eunkwang. He’s the father of my son. Legal.” Jieun try to talk to him. “NO! HE’S NOT. I AM THE REAL FATHER!” Suddenly, loud voice of wailing and crying from the inside.

“Eun Soo?” Jieun asked.

JH curled his fist and look at her, “Look, I don’t to mess anything with you. Just go home now. And don’t worry; I’ll take care of Eun Soo properly.” JH closed the window and pulled the curtains.

Jieun dropped on her knees and swell out her tears. The SWAT had broken into the house successfully but Jieun couldn’t wait. Before Eunkwang came closer to her, Jieun stood up and ran into the house.

“Andwae! Jieun-ah …” Eunkwang’s voice barely could hear as Jieun entered the house. She wiped away her tears and look around the house. She entered the house and it’s completely silence.

 ‘It’s your old house. We use to spend our time together here.’ She thought. She walked around the living hall. Her past memories flashed into her mind like a fast bullet train, ‘What happen to you actually? Why?’

Suddenly, she hears a few movements upstairs. Jieun embrace herself and walked upstairs. “Oppa? Are you there? We can talk about this.” She said softly as she walked upstairs. “Oppa?” she called again. No one answered. She walked around the second floor. Jieun then found a room without any door attached at the door frame. She walked in and …

“I can’t continue this…” Jieun held her head.

“Omma! Wae?!” Both of them whined.

Jieun sighed, “Aren’t both of you should be sleeping? You have school tomorrow.” They looked at the door frame; it was Eunkwang with his arm crossed and pretending to look mad.


HI! HELLO! HEY!

I missed you guys so much. It has been more than 3 months I left you guys. Well, my big examination just ended yesterday (PMR) . OMG! Finaly, I can update this. It's slightly longer, right? Or just the normal way i wrote it? Nevermind, anyway, how are you guys??? Talk to me, reply this below. I demand you! I see new subscribers and 85 subscribers? Wow! The last I saw was 63. You guys are awesome. *GROUP HUG*

Oh yeah, I left this story in cliffhanger. Hehehehehehehe >:)